[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you all think are some signs of a transgender person
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 28
File: 1457983508099.png (46 KB, 577x477) Image search: [Google]
1457983508099.png
46 KB, 577x477
What do you all think are some signs of a transgender person in denial? I'll start

>transphobic & suspiciously hyperfocused on trans issues
>>
Trying to convince yourself that you just have a fetish.
>>
From talking to trans folks my #1 indicator would be bizarre flashbulb memories about gender when you were little. Like I remember this one time having the thought "hmm what if my parents just lied to me and I'm not actually a boy?" so vividly and it stuck with me to this day. I don't think cis kids ever think that kind of stuff.
>>
File: 1358260592915.jpg (6 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1358260592915.jpg
6 KB, 184x184
>>5898649
long hair
pretending to be a girl on the internet to strangers for kicks unprovoked consistently for years on end
having literally nothing but anime girl avatars ever
anxiety issues
choosing a girl alias randomly alongside "normal" one for years
putting no effort into personal fashing but watches anime with you and talks about the girls' fashion with you as most of the episode discussion

tranny here, this isn't even describing me but one of my friends who is probably so deep in the closet they're probably finding legos from grade 3 in there as we speak. if ur reading this it's time to buy some nice clothes and like yourself for once gurl
>>
>>5898700
This. Before I knew how intersex actually worked, I thought that maybe I was born with a penis, and they just took it off.
>>
>>5898649
This. I have been (and still am in some ways) pretty /pol/ tier, but even my girlfriend questioned why I was so hard on trans people specifically. I used to mercilessly bully gay kids in high school too. I genuinely feel really guilty and shitty about it now, so I've apologized to certain people. I also used to look up transition timelines a lot on the sly.
>>
Always imagining yourself as your desired sex during intimacy, and not being able to get off if the spell is broken.
>>
>>5898684
lol, but I'm not trans and just have a fetish

try again lad
#btfo

>>5898649
are you saying then that 99% of pol are just repressed trannies?
>>
In combination with other signs, I would say extreme conformity to your expected gender role is one.
>>
>>5898768
How did your girlfriend react to your coming out?
>>
>>5898768
Yeah, I used to read TERF bullshit literally every day. It reminds me a bit of ex-gays who are really involved with their church and with scripture. It's like you have to ritualize the denial to prevent yourself from "backsliding".
>>
Having a sort of split personality was one for me. I was completely different in public than I was at home.
>>
>>5898823
She's pretty supportive, but I don't know how she'll be if I go on HRT desu. I think she's just worried about me, and that the person that she cares about is going to be gone forever.
>>
I noticed that trans have this fucked up rigid notion of what guys MUST do and what girls MUST do

so you find pre-transition trans doing hypermasculine things like having muscles tatoos, joining army, being a mechanic you know something pretty male traditionally.

trans only arises because these people are stupid and think you have to be a girl if you don't want to be a hyper-masculine caricature of a male.
>>
>>5898817
>are you saying then that 99% of pol are just repressed trannies?
That's probably an exaggeration. The numbers appear disproportionately high, but they're certainly not that excessive. Curious now, though.
>>
>>5898852
Or they're, you know, being hyper-masculine to try to fit in.
>>
>>5898700
I told my parents that I wanted to be a Mom and that I wanted to marry my other male childhood friend, I also distinctly remember asking if I was a hermaphrodite(not sure where I heard the word) and when they said no I kept insisting that I really was. Why does this shit happen? Where did I learn about that?
>>
>>5898649
looks and behaves like Eric Cartman

/thread
>>
>>5898846
you'll be the same person, just cuter
although actually i guess you'd have to tone down the trans hate. or maybe not, it'd be funny.
although it would be problematic if she's only into dudebodies
>>
>>5898883
literally me during middle school
>>
>>5898817
>are you saying then that 99% of pol are just repressed trannies?
There's a difference between hating degeneracy in general, including trannies, and hating trannies above all else.
MtF /pol/ack here (not the one above), and I fucking hated trannies beyond all others. While the rest of /pol/ hated pretty much everyone equally, maybe jews a bit more, for me anything related to trannies got me absolutely fucking livid while the rest I was pretty calm about. There was a clear and distinct difference between me and the rest of /pol/ in that regard.
The ones like me who hated trannies in particular definitely have some sort personal grief with them. Maybe it's because a family member is trans, but most likely it's that they're trying to repress their own trans feelings.
>>
>>5898886
I hope so :-P . I've pretty much totally stopped hating on LGBT people, but I still hate SJWs and made up fantasy genders. She's done lesbian stuff before so I think she might be into it. Lol.
>>
File: cat.png (45 KB, 504x360) Image search: [Google]
cat.png
45 KB, 504x360
a strange lifelessness behind their eyes in every photo
>>
>tfw everyone is describing me, except for hating transpeople
>>
>>5898959
Remember those silly transcat threads early on in /lgbt/?
>>
if asked why they're not trans the answers all center on why transitioning wouldn't work out, not that they don't actually want to be the other sex
>>
This thread is retarded. I'm a trap and I know I'd just be miserable if I decided to transition.
>>
in my case
>trans discussion comes up
>doesn't say anything at all
>acts like they don't know anything about trans issues
but this was before the whole jenner thing
>>
>>5899172
how much does the average person know about trans issues? trying to lay low
>>
>>5898649
See >>5898931
>>
>>5898649

>Virginity at a high age (20+)
>Running away from girls that are pursuing them
>Not taking part in conversations about what they would like to do to a girl with their male friends
>Blushing when talking to guys
>>
>>5899328
sounds like homosexuals to me. anon you're a genius of course! all homosexuals are trans in denial
>>
>>5899111
Good for you.
>>
File: undercut-hairstyle-for-women_b.jpg (170 KB, 500x635) Image search: [Google]
undercut-hairstyle-for-women_b.jpg
170 KB, 500x635
>>5899092
You might as well be talking about me, anon. :(
>>
>>5899333

Anon, very funny. Sure gays fit all of that, but I'm not repeating every bit of information already posted. What I posted is just meant to be taken with the rest.

I agree with >>5898649, >>5899172, >>5898710, >>5898711, >>5898820, >>5898959, and >>5899092.

I also agree with >>5898684 and >>5898700 but that's something you don't know without being that person.

And >>5898852 is an idiot.
>>
>>5899239
Honestly I never wanted to even risk it.
>What? yeah I don't even follow this whole trans thing
>nod along as they explain
>>
>>5898852

This. So glad that I came to realize how shallow transgenderism is (or at least how it was for me) before I made any permanent mistakes.
>>
>>5898700
I'm cis and I thought that, and I'm sure a lot o other cis kids did as well. if that's really you're no 1 indicator you're a different gender you need education not transition
>>
>>5898710
Oh god you described me, I've been pretending to be a girl on the internet for years.
>>
>>5899328
>>5899333
>>5899354

I forgot to add

>Generally has a stick up their ass
to my original post.
>>
>tfw the whole thread is about you
>still repressed
>>
How to tell if it's just a fetish or I rly want to transgender? (How to word that?)
The thought came up a couple of times but I'm not shure.
>>
>>5899615
I go through this cycle every time a similar thread comes up.
>>
>>5899776
holy fuck senpai one day we're gonna be like 25 looking in the mirror and wondering why the fuck we didn't do it
we're gonna commit suicide holy shit
>>
>>5898928
me too

that's how I know
>>
>>5899804
it's so accurate though

the fucking single moms did this
>>
For MtFs:
A gradually building phase of wearing more androgynous/effeminate clothing followed by a sudden phase of wearing extremely baggy clothing.
>>
>>5899811
not if you're Cartman
>>
Works out a lot and never seems to enjoy or reap any benefits from it.
>>
>>5899813
>tfw le eating disorder
>tfw you go from a phase of wearing baggy clothes to a phase of wearing even baggier clothes
>>5899820
stop describing my life so accurately, I don't want to have to be actually trans, FUCK
>>
>>5899820
I did this in middle school

never cared for fighting people, never liked sports, didnt want to impress girls, didn't want to be healthy

my working out involved overexerting myself to prove a point and beating my fists into a wall until there was blood
>>
File: 1456947892652s.jpg (3 KB, 250x140) Image search: [Google]
1456947892652s.jpg
3 KB, 250x140
>>5899764
Bump
>>
>>5898649

>transphobic & suspiciously hyperfocused on trans issues

So half the trolls on this board desperately want to be convinced that they're not mentally ill.
>>
does this mean everybody already knows i'm a tranny?
>>
>>5899847
Kind of, yeah.

I was a little shit when I was younger, not against trans or gay people though, they were non-existent where I grew up. But I always wanted someone to call me out on it and notice that I had a weak spot around feminine anything, and I wasn't like this angry little kid, like the stories where the kid gets reformed. Sucks that never happens in real life.
>>
>>5899850
People were questioning if I'm gay throughout entire middle school, and asking me why I hate faggots so much

no one wanted to join my genocide plans, and people were calling me cartman

then was this "gender" test in 1st grade high school, and while entire class socred in between male and female, I was the only one who got max male score
people asked if I like shemales after that
>>
>>5899850
No, most people's first conclusion to these behaviors isn't transgenderism. The knowledge just isnt out there right now. They would probably think you're depressed, or gay.
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 645x773
/pol/ here

Why couldn't I just be born a pretty girl
>>
>>5900075
all my friends know i've been depressed for a fuckin decade
>>
>>5898649
Well then I know I'm not trans. I hate seeing threads like this.
>>
Anorexia, with the focus being on getting rid of signs of your sex (breasts and hips, sex drive, fat distribution)
>>
You don't want to forget that they're generally moody as shit too. Especially when people refer to their body, ask for a picture. Or something like, "you look like a girl" will make them really insecure and upset.
>>
>rly gay except for girls
>>
>>5900086

Or more realistically, why couldn't our parents have not poisoned our minds with stupid shit about conforming to our gender.
>>
I'll tell you what mine where
>was rabidly anti trans
>browse /pol/
>hit the gym all the time and mock the "feminine" men who don't
>get a short haircut and mock men with long hair
>look down on women for being "sluts"

I don't really do these things anymore, but I'm still nowhere near transitioning. I hate my life.
>>
>>5899764
>>5899841
if thinking about being the opposite sex in entirely non-sexual situations makes you feel good in a non-sexual way, it's probably more than a fetish.
stuff like:
>washing the dishes
>waiting for the bus
>watching some asshole on twitch
>being bored during a lecture/conference
also, if the fantasy focuses less on being the opposite sex and more on whatever else is going on, that could be a sign too.
>>
>hey guys, our band should totally dress up like girls. i mean it, that should be our thing, just think of how people would react
>we should dress up in cheerleader uniforms for the tournament, you know, school spirit and all that

>i just grew my hair out because i play guitar
>i just don't like having body hair, it's gross. alright?
>but i don't want to bulk up
>i like this lotion because it smells good, no hidden reasons
>friend goes through pictures on your computer: hey man, how come the girls all your pics have clothes on? They aren't even posing sexy. It looks more like a girl's pinterest. And hairstyles? wtf bro?
>we all wanted to be girls when we were younger, r-right guys?
>you're really saying you don't want to be a chick? who cares if you don't have your cock anymore. lesbian sex, am i right?
>dude, opposite sex day is the coolest school day of the year
>>
>>5901698

>tfw there was only one crossdressing day in my entire time in school and I didn't even know beforehand
>>
>>5898684
This is me, trying to make it a fetish so I can defeat it once and for all.
>>
>>5901888
why would you defeat it

fetish by definition is something you like
>>
>>5901900
Trying to trick my brain so transgenderism becomes a fetish because I can't fix the former.
>>
File: 1456097665839.png (130 KB, 394x360) Image search: [Google]
1456097665839.png
130 KB, 394x360
>>5899800
>25 is now the age people consider unbearably too late
>>
>>5899800
I know someone who just transitioned before her 50th and looks pretty good.
>>
>>5901918
It's not that. It usually takes 3-4 years to get the full results.
If you start at 25 you'll be 30 by the time you're done. 30.
>>
>>5899800
I'm getting there. Nice dubs.
>>
>>5901964
Are there effects from the hrt that can't be detrans'd?
>>
>>5902816
Yes. Duckduckgo it.
>>
>>5903951
>Duckduckgo it.
what?
>>
>>5898852
Eh I was pretty feminine all my life. The closest I got to being masculine was doing track one summer between 8th and 9th grade, and even that ended when I realized during the school year I would have to be on the boys team.
>>
>>5903963

Search engine that is supposed to keep your data private. Some say it's actually used by the FBI do give people a false sense of security when looking stuff up.
>>
File: 1455941859378.jpg (84 KB, 441x559) Image search: [Google]
1455941859378.jpg
84 KB, 441x559
>If they dress in bright pink shirts, wear flowers in their hair, have an obsession with bright colors
>If they avoid using men's restrooms at all costs, even walking all the way home to avoid them
> If they have somehow managed to get out of PE every year of school,
>If literally all their friends are girls
>If they express a hatred of how low their voices are despite having a relatively high and androgynous voice
>If they openly admit to shaving their legs cause "it feels better"
>If when complimented on their appearence assume you are teasing them and get hurt
>if when you ask them if they are a guy or a girl they refuse to answer, or tack a "I mean I guess" to the beginning or end of the answer
>>
>>5898649
>know they are trans secretly
>they repress it
>>
>>5898684
>>5898700
>agp as fuck
>for some reason have strong memories of my long lost cousin (the only female relative I have on that side) telling me "you should try being a girl for a day, it's fun" not a week after I met her for the first time

Stop, I don't want this, damnit.
>>
>>5898852
>trans only arises because
That's incorrect and retarded.

>>5899399
I'm happy you managed to escape rigid gender roles. But I'm also of a mind that this is a false flag post and you never thought you were trans. Because for you to agree with quoted post you're indeed working from a shallow definition of trans.
>>
>>5903994
how much worse can it be than google where you know for sure your searches are going to the fbi?
>>
I'm I trans? What the fuck am I?

I am 100% okay with being a guy (apart from the fact that guys always have to be though), but I would also like to be a girl.
I'm pretty muscular and like my muscles but i hate body hair and shave my legs regurarly.
I like my penis, he's my best friend, but I also would like to have a vagina and boobs.
Wtf is this?
>>
File: coolshape texture.png (438 KB, 740x607) Image search: [Google]
coolshape texture.png
438 KB, 740x607
>>5904009
I posted this, and I have to say, I'm not sure if these are obvious tells or not, but these are all things I did.
>>
>>5898972
no, actually. Ive only been coming to this board for like a year now. what were the transcat threads?
>>
Gonna add on to >>5900593 's list because I feel like it. Just ignore me.
>Sitting in the windowsill in the morning reading a book and drinking tea
>Going for a walk when it's cold, sunny, and windy
>Hangin' out listening to music
>Taking a super hot bath
>Laying down in the grass near the sea
>>
File: tumblr_mxgihhisDd1qm4bfjo1_500.jpg (26 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxgihhisDd1qm4bfjo1_500.jpg
26 KB, 500x500
>>5907747
>>
I'd rather just be a power bottom, or date lesbians, since all the women who have liked me are.
>>
File: 1375398714_1372886143-viper.jpg (25 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
1375398714_1372886143-viper.jpg
25 KB, 280x280
>>5899092
Oh fuck. I didn't even think about the fact that I did this until now. But I do defiantly remember being asked about that for 'spin the bottle' type shit and I always gave that as my answer without even thinking about why I like being a boy, or why I don't want to be a girl.
>>
File: kjhgbvn.jpg (315 KB, 700x913) Image search: [Google]
kjhgbvn.jpg
315 KB, 700x913
>>5907747
>>
>>5908017
>>
File: Steven-Meisel-006-1024x834.jpg (240 KB, 1024x834) Image search: [Google]
Steven-Meisel-006-1024x834.jpg
240 KB, 1024x834
>>5907747
>>
>>5900202
One of us
One of us
>>
File: 1 (1).jpg (46 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
1 (1).jpg
46 KB, 852x480
>>5908017
Exactly this, and with a hoodie which has sleeves too long for my arms and partially covers my fingers. As an aside, why is autumn so perfect?
>windy
>colorful
>cold but not freezing
>oftentimes still sunny
>sometimes rainy but not every day

Winter is a close second though.
>>
File: a0434881954_5.jpg (118 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
a0434881954_5.jpg
118 KB, 700x700
It's kinda not the same, but I sneeze, cough and giggle like a girl and growing up my friends always used to point it out to be and I would normally feel really shy/depressed and respond part jokingly, part defensively, saying "fuck you" or something like "no I don't. I was just out of breath".
I also moan/hum and whine like a girl without thinking if I'm stressed and if I get caught off guard, accidentally bump into something I will normally say "ow" or "sorry" in a really girly pitch without thinking.
My friends would sometimes bring it up, saying that I reacted like a girl to everything (before I knew myself) and when I told them they also told me that I was a lot happier when I was doing anything girly or pretending to be a girl (I was a pretty big joker, and would pretend to be a really bitchy girl or something to make them laugh), which apparently was quite a lot.
I also got told that I blushed a lot if anyone mentioned anything to do with me being not as manly as everyone else. I used to always joke about myself being a wuss, not man enough.
A couple of my friends also told me that they had been having discussions from time to time about how girly I was, and how they didn't ever really see me as masculine at all.
They said they had a pretty strong feeling I was gay or very fem anyway, and that I was denying it because I was afraid of saying anything.
I used to get asked if I was gay by a lot of different people, despite not really sounding camp or anything. The only thing I can think of was that I used to walk with my hips a lot, until I got self conscious of it. But I didn't realize I used to stand in really fem positions anyway :P
>mfw my friends had a better idea of my gender identity than me or my parents did.
>>
>>5899800
yeah I know

it's better than people knowing I'm a mentally ill faggot that wishes they were a girl
>>
>>5908472
i don't even care anymore, i'm too far gone
>>
File: F0utYMN.webm (170 KB, 470x406) Image search: [Google]
F0utYMN.webm
170 KB, 470x406
>>5899800
>mfw turning 26 in a week
don't be me
>>
>>5908479
what's it like? did you know when you were younger, why'd you repress it for so long? I just turned 21, I feel like my life is ending, i guess i'll try hrt before i le suicide
>>
>>5908487
>>5908487
I had feelings that I knew were not normal as a kid, wanting to be a girl, cross dressing, interest in trans stuff, etc but I just kind of shut it off and tried to be a normal guy. I played the role and wasn't too bad at it. Even had girlfriends in college. Just thought of myself as a guy with a sick fetish. Started grad school, got depressed and basically my life got worse and worse until I was at a really low point in my life. I hated myself and I didn't know why.

I somehow found my way to this board last summer, read the help guides and stuff, and it all clicked. Reading experiences of other people like me who weren't like the "man trapped in.m a woman's body" cliche.

Why did I wait so long? I guess I wasn't like horrifically dysphoric like some people are. I always thought "gee I wish I were like them, at least I'd have some certainty instead of this weird deep longing". and then I'd think, even if I did, I wouldn't pass. Like I tried on a gf's clothes once and it was just saddening how I looked. "What would be the point?" So seeing transition timelines from people my age helped a lot too, seeing society get more accepting of trans people.

So I'm pretty sure I'm trans and am going to transition once I'm employed, but I'm scared of a lot of things too. Therapy helps a lot though. I wish I had seen someone about this before my life got real shitty, but maybe my life needed to be shit before this seemed like a viable alternative. I dunno.
>>
>>5908580
woman trapped in a man's body*

And what's it like to repress so long? I guess it just feels like I wasted so much time trying to be someone I wasnt. so much time spent being confused and ashamed. For no benefit
>>
>>5908580
>tried on gf's clothes saddening how i looked
That's what dysphoria is, and it only gets worse, the more you transition, the more things start to seem off and not right. It's living hell
>>
File: lezzz.jpg (89 KB, 810x634) Image search: [Google]
lezzz.jpg
89 KB, 810x634
Any other huge nerds here who play MMOs and get gendered as a girl IRL based on the way you type? It's funny because people usually make those lol all female chars are fat men playing as sexy elves but in my case people assumed grrl grmamer.

Then when they ask your name you say it's "generic feminine version of your birth name" and they just accept you. It feels nice to be treated like normal, until the guild eventually wants to do skype and you're FUCKED
>>
>>5907747
Nooo stop this is literally me, plus all the normal in denial mtf stereotypes
>>
>>5909267
>Playing MMOs with a female character and spending more time making various outfits than you do actually playing the endgame content
FFXIV and The Secret World are great for this. But no, outside of the /d/ guild I joined in FFXIV, nobody ever gendered me female because I have a stiff and formal way of typing I guess. That and I generally don't really play with anyone other than IRL friends anyway.
>>
>>5909437
>Tfw every piece of gear you wear when not doing dungeons is at least 20 levels below your level
>Get tells from random people saying you don't know how to play
>Fuck u I look gorgeous tho
>>
>>5899850
trans people might know. others most likely just think you're strange
>>
>>5898700
This.

I can hardly remember my childhood prior to high school but at the same time I can remember the most banal things about gender/sex from since I was five years old.
>>
>>5909231
Yeah, once I opened up to myself and was honest about my feelings I realized the sadness I felt about my appearance or seeing girls in public was dysphoria. It went from dull pain in the back of my mind to an acute one
>>
>>5898649
>What do you all think are some signs of a transgender person in denial?
Being committed to a mental institution.
>>
>>5909267
My english teacher told me that I wrote like a girl when I was talking to him after class. And I also get gendered at female when I don't use my mic when playing games online.
>>
>>5910072
This is pretty acurate. I have always been depressed and suicidal and felt worthless and always felt sour about girls. But I never knew exactly why until 4 years ago when I started to question if I really wanted to be a boy. Ever since it's been getting worse and worse until I finally knew myself for 100% that I had Gender Dysphoria. Now it's worse than ever YEY! but at least I'm doing something so that hope is enough to keep me going for now.
>>
>>5899820
This one hit me hard desu
>>
Arguing that high dimorphic women aren't as beautiful as more androgynous ones (flatter chests, less curves, etc.) because you are secretly jealous and see low dimorphic feminine beauty as realistically attainable.
>>
>>5898649
Can somebody who knows they're cis share their reaction to this thread? I can't tell if I relate with what everyone's saying because I'm really trans or if even cis people feel the same way.
>>
>>5900593
uuuurgh this

I remember just zoning out for hours during school imagining I was a girl. Not really doing anything differently, just you know.. existing
>>
>>5908095
This sounds eerily close to my life
>>
>>5898883
Same tbf
>>
>>5908095
This is nice. I was much the same. It's strange how many people share the same life experiences of which would be easy to assume were unique to each of us.

The telltale sign is that it was others who noticed and not only did they notice but it was so apparent they talked about it amongst each other and then told you too. It wasn't some acting you did knowingly for attention. That's a part of yourself that's not to be ignored.
>>
>>5908580
>>5909231
>>5910072
what the fuck yo
how is it that people end up writing tons of shit that is almost exactly what you experience
>>
>>5913135
single mommy?
>>
>>5898883
You can't /thread your own post, you cunt.
>>
>>5913230
but it's true
>>
>>5913236
Hardly.
>>
>>5913216
unfortunately these kind of things aren't as prominent as the TruTrans(TM) narrative
if it were maybe we would've known earlier
>>
"If I could start my life over as a girl, I would, but thats normal, so would everyone else"
>>
>>5919108
or "It's normal for a guy to be ok with the thought of being a girl, or even kind of liking the idea."
>>
File: 1437378660674.gif (2 MB, 496x366) Image search: [Google]
1437378660674.gif
2 MB, 496x366
>>5898649
>>5898684
>>5898710
>>5898826
You people literally want everyone damaged by patriarchal gender norms to be transsexual, don't you?

The opposite than what you imply, I switched from pondering on whether I might be trans to finding radical feminist/"TERF" analysis and finding that it makes a shit ton of sense.

If I had only a slightly different upbringing, social environment, etc., I would probably also believe that I "must really be a girl" and all that inane shit. Transgenderism is nothing but deeply absorbed gender stereotypes being applied to oneself, and being unable to come to terms with being a gender non-conforming individual.

>>5898852
This pretty much.

http://transgenderreality.com/
>I always liked playing with dolls and never liked football so it must mean I've really been a girl all along!

Holy shit people, can you be any more regressive in your gender politics?

Abolition is the only thing that needs to be done with gender. Gender "identity" is bullshit; you have an individual personality that your culture insists must fit into one of two boxes, so you want to swap from one box into the other, or make up some special-snowflake box like "agender", "bigender", "genderfluid", etc. instead of understanding that literally everyone is agender because gender itself is a bullshit categorization.
>>
>>5920250

Bruh, what? Despite being MtF (meaning I see myself as a woman despite being born with male genitalia), I'm still interested in motorcycles, and I think it would be really cool to pilot a fighter jet. Yes, there were some things about the male gender role that didn't fit me at all and parts of the female gender role that fit me much better, but there were also "male" interests I had and "female" interests I didn't.
>>
>>5920250
>wanting a completely different body has something to do with internalized gender roles
>>
>>5920250
Anyone ever notice that non-dysphorics ruin everything? They either turn into tumblr SJW trenders or terfs.

I think the problem stems from you being too stupid to have any empathy for someone who experiences life a bit differently. Gender, to you, was all about stereotypes, so you assume it is for all of us too.
>>
>>5920659
>straight people ruin everything

YOU DON'T SAY!
>>
>>5920659
>all people of X group are the same and problematic
Anon, you are a part of the problem.
>>
>>5920713
>using the word problematic

Nah, I think it's you.
>>
>>5920716
>responding to yourself

Nah, I think it's new.
>>
File: implying.jpg (21 KB, 354x180) Image search: [Google]
implying.jpg
21 KB, 354x180
>>5920721
>>
>>5920727
>using photoshop

lol, I think it's Groot.
>>
>>5898710
i did some of these and thought i was trans, but turns out i'm not.
i like some of the ways females are percieved more and they're more like what i want to be seen like, but i realized i wasn't trans in the strangest way. i was watching a movie and i realized that even though the protagonist was a more manly-man kind of character than i would ever be, he was more relatable to me than a female protagonist, and i realized that it's easier for a man to be vaguely cute like a female than for a female to be strong/cool without sexual elements creeping into it, so on a balanced choice i'd rather jus-b-myself even if it means occasional sadness at how i'm perceived because ultimately the alternative option - even in an ideal world where anti-trans prejudice didn't exist and SRS was perfected - isn't that great. i might be a complete broken failure of a pathetic man, but a man i still am.

as far as i'm concerned TERFs are probably wrong and real transgender people exist. honestly overall i'm pretty glad for my experience since it meant i read a ton into transgender-y stuff and it dispelled the risk of meme-magic forming prejudice at this stage in my life.

>>5898700
sometimes i used to wonder if when i got up in the morning i'd actually have been a girl (or another boy) this whole time and i just had false memory.
>>
File: 1345666604012.gif (364 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1345666604012.gif
364 KB, 240x180
>tfw you blush when your friends tease you for being girly and you try to hide it
>tfw you tell people you only play female characters because you get to look at her butt but in reality you're seeking an escape
>tfw you get butterflies when people mistake you for a girl from behind and sad when they correct themselves
>tfw you shave every day but the beard shadow won't go away
>tfw you walk by the makeup or bras in any store and wish you could just buy them
>tfw you see a mother and a daughter out and about and cry on the inside because you never had that
>tfw you see a beautiful girl and immediately hate her, yourself, and God for doing this to you
>tfw you look in the mirror, searching for feminine traits, but see only the masculine
>tfw you wonder every day what it's like to be cis and not think about these things

Eurgh. Everything in this thread is deeply triggering. I'm gonna go hang myself.

>>5909267
Constantly. I even play a female draenei, and that's like the go-to race/sex combination for fat guys who like to ERP.
>>
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 640x854) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 640x854
>being transgender in denial
>>
>>5920368
It should be sufficient to internalize some key stereotypes for the gender (not sex) dysphoria to happen.

>>5920431
>>5920659
You peeps are talking about sex dysphoria. That's a different matter. It doesn't mean you have a "female brain" that likes pink things, is submissive and docile, wants to wear make-up and dresses, etc. just because you wish for anatomically female external genitalia.

I'm open to the hypothesis that the human brain contains a "map" of what organs it expects to be there, and that sex dysphoric people have a map corresponding to the other sex.

I'm only really angry at the kind of people shown in
and I hope you would agree with me, if you're on the side of those who want to define trans status in terms of sex dysphoria and no more.

>Anyone ever notice that non-dysphorics ruin everything? They either turn into tumblr SJW trenders or terfs.
Explain a TERF the hypothesis of the limb map in the brain, and make it clear to her/him that your notion of dysphoria contains absolutely *no* gender stereotypes, and she/he will likely be totally fine with it.

I have a feeling tumblr SJWs are the common enemy of trutrans and real feminists.
>>
>>5924612
>Explain a TERF the hypothesis of the limb map in the brain, and make it clear to her/him that your notion of dysphoria contains absolutely *no* gender stereotypes, and she/he will likely be totally fine with it.

No they won't. They'll just handwave it away and continue to act condescending towards you.
>>
>>5924649

Have you tried it, 1) without you acting condescending towards them, 2) without expecting them to just stop everything they do and pay you huge amounts of attention and start campaigning for trans issues out of nowhere instead of trying to stop the damage tumblr trans activism is doing to women/feminism?

I mean, I'd expect that the typical reaction would be "OK, that's cool" and then to go on and continue fighting against tumblr trans activism, which to you might seem like they're ignoring you I guess...
>>
>>5924659
Like it hasn't been tried... It does not seem possible to 1/ be against tumblr transtrending, meaning you have done at least cursory research about the subject (just reading the wikipedia page, for example) 2/ not know about that theory of dysphoria.

And saying "OK" is fine, but they do ignore it in the sense that the TERFs response to tumblrism is always "it's OK to be GNC, thus trans doesn't exist", and never "you're not trans, but it's OK to be GNC". Which i'm sure you agree would be the better message, for both camp.

(Not to forget the whole trying to restrict access to healthcare, repeal non-discrimination ordinance, doxx, or "just" blog about how ugly trans people are - though that's not every radfem doing it, strangely you never see them complain about that staining the reputation of the movement... That would make any "trutrans" wary of association with the "real feminists", as you define them)
>>
>>5924761
>restrict access to healthcare, repeal non-discrimination ordinance, doxx, or "just" blog about how ugly trans people are
For the record, I'm deep within a "TERF" social bubble on Twitter, and don't remember seeing any of them do any of those things. Not saying it doesn't happen, just have yet to see who exactly does that type of stuff.

(Unless you count opposition to simplistic bathroom bills as being opposed to non-discrim laws. They're all *very* critical of bathroom bills that want to let everyone into women's spaces based purely on gender identity, where gender identity is defined on purely subjective basis, so literally every rapist could *claim* to be a trans woman and there would be no legal means of calling him out on his bullshit.)
>>
>>5920250
oh my god, this so much.
I also fell for the whole trans meme, but eventually I realized that just because you want equal rights and to wear a buzz cut and smoke cigarettes doesn't mean you have to pretend to be a man
>>
>>5924786
thank god for those forcefields on the womens' restrooms that prevent males from entering and raping everyone inside
>>
>>592465
Assumptions much? The way you immediately project your sociopolitical quarrel with tumblr SJWs onto me says a lot. Just putting that out there.

But to answer your question, I've dealt with a handful and all of them were unpleasant. Usually wouldn't give a shit cause bumping into a TERF/gender crit or whatever and actually having a conversation with one is rare in the real world. Unfortunately, I've had the displeasure of bumping into them cause I volunteer at a lgbt resource center and we sometimes get those types. Most are queer or lesbian cis girls and they're usually the ones that start shit. They ask loaded questions and toss veiled insults to try and bait me into an argument. Tried explaining how dysphoria works to one and her response was basically 'lol ok. you're still a man tho'.

So yeah, I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>5924786
Care to give me some @ to follow ?

Also this, >>5924799, do you have an example of a crime for which "i identify as a woman" would give you an adequate defense ?
>>
>>5913219
too
>>
>>5924786
One of the reasons activists and lawmakers have to rely on gender identity as a descriptor is because TERFs and neo-cons have made it unreasonably difficult to access trans related healthcare for the last three decades and most states won't allow you to change your documentation without either SRS or a court order. As a result, you have swaths of trans people that have no real legal recognition before or after transition who are also forced into either paying out of pocket for anything trans related or relying on overworked doctors at informed consent clinics that use clever wording to get insurance providers to cover the costs.

This all delays the transition process and most wind up having difficulties with blending in and passing while also being left with a laundry list of mental health problems because they were neglected for so long. And of course, TERFs vehemently oppose puberty blockers for kids diagnosed with gender dysphoria and most parents are against the very idea as well so that only adds to the number of adults that got fucked up.

Basically it's fucked up and TERFs are part of the problem.
>>
>>5924799
>>5924818
Lurking around in a women's bathroom or locker room, subliminally creeping on girls and women.

You also don't want to wait for a crime to happen. Not allowing *any* male-looking people into women's spaces in first place should reduce the potential for crime.
I know non-passing trans folks would hugely suffer under this so I'm not proposing it myself, but if a woman is concerned solely with women's safety and doesn't give two shits about males eating each other then honestly I can't bring myself to call her a bigot or anything of that sort.
I've seen the TERFest of TERFs support the idea of single-person gender-neutral toilets and locker rooms by the way; these have many many more advantages over any other solution anyway:
https://www.ted.com/talks/ivan_coyote_why_we_need_gender_neutral_bathrooms?language=en

>>5924818
>Care to give me some @ to follow?
Let's see... Here's some very explicit "TERF" accounts:
FemalesLikeUs, GenderIDWatch, ActualDykez, GenderIsWar, 4th_WaveNow, ArtOfDissent, SisterTrinity, radfemdalek

Here's a large bunch who would also definitely be called TERF by gender identity activists:
daemonologies, RadFemLawyer, vulvavillain, ibaiki, MagdalenBerns, JonahPMix, K_IngalaSmith, boodleoops, Bigoldsupermoon, ConranTickle, Ovalegal, WomensLibFront, EileenBresnahan, thegoldenharp, diva_ex_machina, Lavender_Blume, AliceDreger, djandyhealey, SlytherinEmoji, sarahditum, bindelj

And here's some transwomen who are "TERF":
gendercoping, jsandrews1, MiriamAfloat, TerrorizeMir, TransRegret
>>
>>5924851
I'd say patriarchy is fucked up and gender identity activists are part of the problem.
>>
>>5924896
Well I'd say that the reptilians are fucked up and Jews are part of the problem. We can shift the blame around all day of you want, but you can't deny that TERFs just add more shit onto the dogpile that's already lopped onto trans people.
>>
>>5924893
>Not allowing *any* male-looking people into women's spaces in first place should reduce the potential for crime.
How so ? As said earlier there's nothing preventing males from entering and commiting crimes, regardless of the law. And if the law doesn't actually reduce the potential for crime, then only remains :

>subliminally creeping on girls and women
Which is muh feelz, and not logic and science, to paraphrase i-dont-know-which of the twitter accounts you linked.
>>
>>5924960

Comparing Reptilian and Jew conspiracy theories to acknowledgment of the white-supremacist, capitalist, imperialist patriarchy is like comparing Gamergate to Watergate though.

Gender identity politics are trying to uphold gender stereotyped thinking, supporting what could be called gay conversion therapy, hijacking feminist agenda through narcissist manipulation ("only in Gender Identity Land can a white middle-class male claim to be more oppressed than a poor black woman, namely by asserting himself to be a transgender woman"), and so on and so forth. Trans people have none other than gender identity activists to blame for shitting on feminism, which is what led to the feminist backlash against the transgender ideology of taking hormones, cutting off your dick, and expecting women to accept you as one of them.

We get it that you have body dysphoria, that you identify with what the patriarchy has deemed "feminine", that acknowledging yourself as male is painful because the patriarchy has loaded maleness with a bunch of retarded baggage that has nothing to do in the slightest with having some piece of erectile tissue hanging off your crotch, but all these things don't make you a member of the oppressed class of people that is females. If you acknowledge that, you can cooperate with them.

And I've talked about people with sex dysphoria etc. Now consider those people going around boasting about their girldicks and imitating a pornified image of femininity, and how disgusting they of course appear to feminists.
>>
>>5925075
>How so ? As said earlier there's nothing preventing males from entering and commiting crimes, regardless of the law.
The new law and ideology requires people to shut up up until the point where the male actually commits the crime, which is too late of course. With a law that's made to protect women and a society that has a corresponding thinking, women would instead have the right to immediately report/complain about a male entering the women's bathroom.

Remember that slogan saying
>You wonder if a person is in the right bathroom? Shut up because they know better than you.
?
Imagine how infuriating this is to women who learn throughout their life to have alarms ring in their mind when they see a male person in their proximity within a space they consider themselves to be safe from the threat of a male sexual gaze and corresponding risk of harassment/assault. Bathrooms, locker rooms, etc. are spaces in which women are vulnerable. This is not infantilization, it's acknowledging that we're living in a society in which women are living under constant sexual terror.
>>
>>5925075
>>subliminally creeping on girls and women
>Which is muh feelz, and not logic and science
Uh, having someone creep on you, leer on you, etc. is not "muh feelz" just as being mad over having been raped while drunk is not "muh feelz". It might be "objectively harmless" (and I have to cringe while typing that because it's such fucking arrogant, idiotic thinking), but it's sure as hell a major violation of someone's personal boundaries.

Having been raised and socialized as male might indeed be the reason many trans people don't understand why women would ever find it an utterly offensive idea to be forced to share bathrooms and locker rooms with males.
>>
>>5925100
>Gender identity politics are trying to uphold gender stereotyped thinking, supporting what could be called gay conversion therapy,

I've heard nothing of the sort. Trans people generally oppose conversion therapy because many of them are wrongfully subjected to it. Give me one example of this actually happening with the widespread support of trans activists.

hijacking feminist agenda through narcissist manipulation ("only in Gender Identity Land can a white middle-class male claim to be more oppressed than a poor black woman, namely by asserting himself to be a transgender woman"), and so on and so forth.

Strawman much? Trans women and black women have different issues and I'd say both deal with certain types of oppression. Overall, trans women are probably much worse off considering how there are entire groups that seek to demonize them and also work to legislate them out of existence. But if you're so bent on which is more oppressed, how about we even the odds and get a poor black trans woman and compare her to her a poor black cis woman, would that meet your arbitrary opression standards enough for her to be a real womyn?

Trans people have none other than gender identity activists to blame for shitting on feminism, which is what led to the feminist backlash against the transgender ideology of taking hormones, cutting off your dick, and expecting women to accept you as one of them.

Feminists started attacking trans people in the fucking seventies. There's TERF literature dating all the way back to that time period. The "gender identity activists" were a tiny minority of trans people that held very little political power when feminists like Janice Raymond started started attacking trans people and working with neo-conservatives to sabotage the health care that people like us need to survive.
>>
File: 1447637580705.jpg (319 KB, 1200x1131) Image search: [Google]
1447637580705.jpg
319 KB, 1200x1131
>>5906891
If you could take a magic potion that irreversibly made you 100% female, would you?

>yes means tranny
>>
>>5925100
>We get it that you have body dysphoria, that you identify with what the patriarchy has deemed "feminine", that acknowledging yourself as male is painful because the patriarchy has loaded maleness with a bunch of retarded baggage that has nothing to do in the slightest with having some piece of erectile tissue hanging off your crotch, but all these things don't make you a member of the oppressed class of people that is females. If you acknowledge that, you can cooperate with them.

Where is all this coming from? Are you projecting or something? I obviously can't speak for everyone, but I don't like being acknowledged as a male because I fucking hate being male. That's all there is to it. My discontent is with my body and it's reproductive biology. I couldn't care less about what society deems feminine and masculine, you condescending prick.
>>
>>5925165
It can't be that simple though, can it? Like, answering in the affirmative is such an easy conclusion to come to, but figuring this stuff out can't be that easy. Different anon by the way.
>>
>>5920250
Gender abolition is a fantasy, and it will most likely never happen. The truth is, we live in an extremely gendered society. The gender roles are exaggerated, but they are based on very real differences between men and women. Its pointless to discuss if transsexualism would exist in an abolitionist society because we dont know and may never know, the gendercrit theories are just guesswork. Just let people do what makes them happy.
>>
>>5925147
>I've heard nothing of the sort. Trans people generally oppose conversion therapy because many of them are wrongfully subjected to it. Give me one example of this actually happening with the widespread support of trans activists.
Telling an effeminate boy who's into other boys that he might really be a girl since he likes pink things and dolls, then giving him HRT and SRS, is what can be called gay conversion therapy. Iran is doing this, by the way. (Not officially, but being gay is banned while transitioning is allowed, so all the gay guys just transition into being a woman so they can sleep with men.)

>Strawman much? Trans women and black women have different issues and I'd say both deal with certain types of oppression. Overall, trans women are probably much worse off ...
Now do you realize that all of this lies on the premise that trans women are women?
Trans women are men with gender dysphoria, sex dysphoria, etc. Why should feminist groups allocate resources to a group of *men* who suffer under patriarchy, unless they have an abundance of resources?

>Feminists started attacking trans people in the fucking seventies.
And it was incredibly unfashionable up until gender identity activists basically proved that the TERFs from way back were right to begin with. Everything they complained about which perhaps was not happening on a serious scale back then, is happening now. Young feminists are hell bent on centering trans women in feminism, and viciously attack other feminists for not wanting to do the same.
>>
>>5925171
>Where is all this coming from?
Gender identity activists. Go be mad at them, not me.

>>5925319
That's like saying slavery abolition is fantasy.
>they are based on very real differences between men and women
[citation needed]
>>
File: DlcVEGO.png (597 KB, 971x555) Image search: [Google]
DlcVEGO.png
597 KB, 971x555
>>5925382
Do you really, genuinely believe that hundreds of thousands of years of evolution as a sexually dysmorphic species resulted in no differences? You're a bit of a lost cause if so. I hope you resolve your sex dysphoria soon, it sucks to be a mentally ill trans degenerate, but its better than what you're doing now.
>>
>>5925375
>transphobic and suspiciously hyperfocused on trans issues
>>
File: 1243508823869.png (52 KB, 249x238) Image search: [Google]
1243508823869.png
52 KB, 249x238
>>5925398
>posts Elliot Rodger
>can't spell dimorphic
>uses the word "degenerate"

Speaking of lost causes...
>>
Masturbation is my only relief from this cruel, cruel world.
>>
>>5925418
I'm not transphobic, I would both snuggle and fugg with a pretty trans girl, and would be fine living in a female body except for the whole patriarchy thing and decreased chance of making relationships with women.

I'm just enlightened to the point where I dropped all masculine insecurity, homophobia, etc., and am able to view and analyze society without interference from personal demons. /half-joke
>>
>>5925434
>I'm not transphobic!

You buy into TERF rhetoric unironically. I don't buy it, sorry. No self-respecting trans woman would fugg you if she knew this is what you do in your free time, btw.
>>
>>5925434
>would be fine living in a female body

Pretty sure you're a tranny.
>>
OFC a thread about being transgender and in denial gets all of the people in denial butthurt. We couldn't have just one trans thread without this bullshit.
>>
>>5925448
There are trans women who are TERF, but since I eschew male entitlement I don't just expect people to want to have sex with me in first place, so...

>>5925461
Mild autogynephile. Fine living in a male body too. Doing muscle training and loving how I look in the mirror; guessing any trutrans would die of dysphoria. But of course, if you ask tumblr SJW special snowflakes, I'm probably trans, yeah.
>>
>>5925493
>There are trans women who are TERFs!

That's kind of like saying there are people with same-sex attraction that are ex-gay. It's obvious that the majority of TERFs are either transgender, or went through something traumatic involving a trans person. There's no other reason for them to care so much. Even most transphobes have better things to do than bully trans kids online, doxx trans women, and discuss their "theories" every single day (that rarely stand up to any academic standard).
>>
>>5925375
>Telling an effeminate boy who's into other boys that he might really be a girl since he likes pink things and dolls, then giving him HRT and SRS, is what can be called gay conversion therapy.

Another strawman? Really? Do you even know how this process works for children? Contrary to your fear mongering blogs and tabloids, doctors don't do this kind of shit. Not here in the West, at least.

>Iran

Iran is a theocratic shithole. What a great example of the tranny gestapo's destructive power on full display. Trans people aren't much better off and most vehemently oppose the way the Iranian government treats homosexuals.

>Now do you realize that all of this lies on the premise that trans women are women?
Trans women are men with gender dysphoria, sex dysphoria, etc. Why should feminist groups allocate resources to a group of *men* who suffer under patriarchy, unless they have an abundance of resources?

What does that have to do with anything? I never said that feminist groups must do all those things for trans women. Stop putting words into my mouth. And what does it matter whether or not they're "true" women? They're people and they *are* more oppressed than cis females on average. Do cis women have a 45% suicide attempt rate? Do they make up a significant chunk of the homeless LGBT population? Is "lady-panic" a legitimate defense in most courts when accused of murdering a female?

>And it was incredibly unfashionable up until gender identity activists basically proved that the TERFs from way back were right to begin with...

About what exactly? And how does any of that justify throwing actual trans people with legit issues under the bus?

>Young feminists are hell bent on centering trans women in feminism...

Funny cause most feminists I know aren't. They do consider trans women and their issues, but they don't center their activism on it. Maybe they just accept trans women as women and that upsets you for some reason.
>>
>>5925618
>Another strawman? Really?

>What does that have to do with anything? I never said that feminist groups must do all those things for trans women.
People who DO say that is those I'm criticizing.

>About what exactly?
That trans politics would hijack feminist agenda, forcefully enter female spaces, etc.

>Funny cause most feminists I know aren't.
http://feministing.com/tag/trans-issues/
http://sarahditum.com/2014/07/28/how-terf-works/
>literally all of SJWiki hell-bent on not being offensive against trans activists, actually leading to internal inconsistency because it's literally impossible to accept innate gender identity on one hand and reject neurosexism on the other

Anyway I gotta go.
>>
>>5925659
>http://transgenderreality.com/

Wow! A TERF blog with anecdotes from reddit and other depraved internet spaces. What a legitimate and totally unbiased source. I sure am convinced that those evil tranny doctors are coercing gay kids into conversion therapy via sex reassignment.

>That trans politics would hijack feminist agenda, forcefully enter female spaces, etc.

And how exactly does any of that justify sabotaging healthcare for trans people and actively working to further marginalize an extremely tiny minority of people who, even today, have little to no political power?

>http://feministing.com/tag/trans-issues/
>http://sarahditum.com/2014/07/28/how-terf-works/

Wow. A trans inclusive feminist website and a blog. Looks like the trannies are taking over! You know, I doubt most feminists accept trans women, but if you're right and they actually do - I'd be glad. It makes dusty old second wavers and bigoted neo cons buttmad. Plus it makes my life a little easier so more power to them. :)
>>
>Enjoy tucking to wear girls clothes
>Totally cis
>Like shaving my legs and body
>Masc upper body, fem lower body
>Think my dick is still awesome
>Still dress up as a girl
A-am I trans
>>
>>5925659
Kindof think you're making mountains out of molehill, dude. Outside of your twitter bubble, and especially in the real world, there's no focus on trans issues.

FFS transpeople are basically invisible in your country, apart from occasional articles in Spiegel and stupid flicks on tv. None of the thing you're adamant about even apply in Germany, there's no child transitioner and no bathroom bills, just shitty gatekeeping for trans people. You're the equivalent of the people going to Syria after being spoonfed the idea that there's massacre of children and women, because of islamist recruiter and crafted outrage. Except Syria is imaginary-land-where-trans-activist-hold-any-meaningful-power, but in reality it's not anymore of an issue in the US of A, just better healthcare and legal recognition.

(Also according to your link, feministing has around one article a month linked to trans issue (not even always centered on that), that's a drop in in an ocean. When you leave your bubble you see that even on the internet, apart from specific TERF and tumblrism hotspot, trans is not a focus at all for feminists...)
>>
heres a good transgender test:

>tell yourself that the idea of being trans is stupid and that you're not actually trans, just confused or have a weird fetish or something.
>continue this indefinitely.
if after several years of doing this you eventually get to the point where you want to commit suicide cause the constant thoughts of being a girl and deep seeded self-hatred wont go away no matter how hard you try, then congratulations you are transgender

worked for me at least
>>
>>5925774
What if you're just depressed
>>5925703
Nope just a flaming faggot
>>
>>5925867
>What if you're just depressed
Haven't really been following reply chains, but if you're someone questioning, then you gotta think about what's making you depressed. Also if moving in the direction of transition makes you feel, even slightly, better than you did before, it may be a clue. When I first started questioning ~a year ago, I wondered if my depression and insecurities were causing me to see being trans as some sort of escape from those things, but eventually I realized a significant portion of my problems arose from not having the body I felt I should.
>>
>>5925867
>just depressed
I told myself that alllllll the time
"this is just some weird form of depression. I fear being trans, so my depression is just making my fears feel real."

trust me, I went through ever single what-if scenario to try and explain away what I was feeling. I was desperate to believe ANYTHING other than "im trans"
>>
>>5924362
First person you responded to: I actually wasn't being totally serious, I didn't think this thread would last this long for some reason, I don't think the person I'm describing is trans and honestly I'd never dream of pushing someone into choosing this even if I were sure they were repressing something. Likewise, I don't want to make that mistake with you either. I'm glad you had a good experience but I hope you've made peace with it too.

If you read my post and really think you're trans or something, I hope you have more to go off of than that and that you do a hell of a lot of reflection. I too think TERFs are full of shit for the most part but I kind of regret posting, myself.
>>
>>5925888 /checked
>Haven't really been following reply chains
Yeah the thread sorta went off topic I think, lol
>but if you're someone questioning,
Yeah I am, I'm >>5912933
>then you gotta think about what's making you depressed
That's what I've been doing, but it's hard to tell the chicken from the egg, so to speak. "Did we end up like this because we've always been trans, or did we only come down this path for unrelated reasons?" Yet gender dysphoria makes more sense than anything else I've come across. When it comes to symptoms of mental illnesses, I have a few of this disorder, a few of that, but then everything of GD so it looks like the source. It also explains why a lot of the time I don't feel mentally ill at all, which would be because dysphoric feelings come and go right?
>rest of post and >>5925909
Yep, this is all what scares me to death. I don't want to feel better moving in that direction. I've always had long hair but now for the first time ever I'm getting the urge to shave it all off.

Before coming here I didn't realize most transsexuals really don't want to have to transition either but it's like the only option. The problem lies in our brains so obviously that's what I'd prefer to change, instead of practically EVERYTHING ELSE. Who wouldn't want a cure for a disease instead of only treating its symptoms? It doesn't help that the average person thinks we're perverted freaks, so transitioning is a pick your poison sorta deal.

I hope it's anything else, out of all the rare disorders to be born with I had to get gender dysphoria? Could it be much more common than we realize? If I weren't the introspective type I imagine I would keep living on, coping by escaping reality as most dissatisfied people do, never giving any thought to this. Like if I were born into poverty I would be too busy with just surviving.

Sorry for all the text I guess the questioning phase comes with so many surfacing feelings and releasing them through writing is cathartic.
>>
>>5926513
>I hope it's anything else, out of all the rare disorders to be born with I had to get gender dysphoria? Could it be much more common than we realize? If I weren't the introspective type I imagine I would keep living on, coping by escaping reality as most dissatisfied people do, never giving any thought to this. Like if I were born into poverty I would be too busy with just surviving.
i've been thinking the exact same thing, and it's fucking me up a little. like as of now, i don't think i'd kill myself if i didn't transition. it might even be a few years before i can come out, but i can handle it. it's just that the thought of living for the next 60-some years as my birth gender with no possibility of changing it makes me really anxious.
>>
>>5925961
nah, i knew it wasn't that serious but it let me build off it. it was all past tense (i had slightly more to go on than that, but i just felt that the fact a single movie "shook me out of it" was quite amusing.)

i've made peace with not being a woman or trans (distinguishing the two because of context.), although the general societal expectations from each gender still occasionally bother me even if i'm not immune to such presumption myself.
>>
>>5925266
You are correct because trannies will never be true girls like the potion

Better thought experiment would be the choice between
>a potion that turns you into a passing transsexual who still gets dysphoria
vs
>a potion that turns you into a non passing transsexual whose dysphoria is cured
>>
>>5930690
That's really hard.

As pathetic as it is, wishing I was a girl is part of who I am and idk what I would be like if I wasn't like that.
>>
>>5930690
>>a potion that turns you into a passing transsexual who still gets dysphoria

Obvious choice, as you could just see a therapist and make the dysphoria gradually go away as you realize that you look fine.
>>
I don't think this makes much sense.

So are the racists on /pol/ secretly black communist Jews all along?

I can say I'm very politically incorrect but crave transgirl to be romantic with
>>
>>5919108
Y..you mean not all guys secretly want to be grills?
>>
>3-4 years
>start at 25 you'll be 30 by the time you're done
>25+3 or 4 = 30 hurr durr
>>
>>5902816
tits and infertility.
>>
Remembering gender issues earlier.

Spending your day longing to be the other gender.

Shrugging and forcing your clothes into a more comfortable placement.

Lying to yourself. Ex.
>it's just a fetish
>cross dressing is a hobby

Looking into lgbt stuff.

Sealing yourself up into a room to be ignored by your family.

Constantly being uncomfortable.

Lying to your own family about who you are and what you do.

Being unable to feel sexual emotions due to genetalia.
>meta: being unable to imagine yourself as your current gender in any sexual situation
>metameta: being unable to dream without above prerequisite in dream.

And finally.

Acting over-<insert right part of gender word here>ine.
>>
>>5931313
Of course all guys secretly want to be girls, it's just that most just can ignore it most of the time or decide it's not worth the hassle.

>>5933169
>Shrugging and forcing your clothes into a more comfortable placement.
..what?
>>
>>5933169
>being unable to feel sexual emotions due to genitalia
[internal screaming]

I had a dream the other night where I had sex and got aroused but felt practically nothing. It'd bother me less if it hadn't happened in real life the last time I had sex.
>>
>>5898710
This is too close to home for me
Good thing I already knew
>>
>>5933238
I hated wearing male clothes, so I forced them into a place that I could ignore how uncomfortable they are
>>
>>5930799

>I can say I'm very politically incorrect but crave transgirl to be romantic with

These words hurt me, famiglia.

>tfw will always be too ugly to have my own qt /pol/tard
>>
File: 1400891292224.png (46 KB, 400x358) Image search: [Google]
1400891292224.png
46 KB, 400x358
Has anyone had dreams being the physical embodiment of your female self before?
>???

I have 4 times, and I never wanted to wake up.

I'm so sad because i'd never actually be as good looking as I did in my dreams.
>>
>>5937141

I had one dream where I was a brunette in a red dress and a singer, another where I started off as my young boy self and suddenly switched to an adult woman (this form was closer to what I would be like if I had been born a natal female) without truly noticing, and in the most recent, I was a little girl.
>>
File: smaug.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
smaug.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>5925434
>male TERF
has the science gone too far?
>>
>>5937141
I had a dream where I was a girl version of myself.i was doing better in school and I had a few good friends. It's sad that that's the best dream I've ever had.
Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.