[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Voice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: question.jpg (187 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
187 KB, 636x358
Does anyone here have that tool that can measure voice frequency? I am mtf and I sound like this ftm guy so I am curious about how much Hz it is exactly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1yVpMv8wJ0
>>
>>5842918
I'm using a PitchLab on my phone and I can recommend it. I'm training my voice for a 4 months now and my friend said that I sound like a woman already. I don't believe it, but she said so.
>>
This one for Android seems like a good one to try, it's pretty clearly designed for trans people working on their voices (it shows you text to read, you read it, and it shows where your voice landed in terms of typically male or female ranges), and is free.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.lilithwittmann.voicepitchanalyzer&hl=en
>>
>>5842951
You have to sign in to download it so that sucks because I don't have a google account. But whatever. I played around in Audacity and if it's measuring correctly it's 122 Hz

In comparison
>males often speak at 65 to 260 Hertz
>females speak in the 100 to 525 Hz range
Huh, interesting.
>>
There's Praat, which is a little finicky but good if you can figure it out.
>>
>>5843007
Praat is good. It gives a very comprehensive breakdown of the pitch. Also has a "Change Gender" function.
>>
>>5842999
Just search "de.lilithwittmann.voicepitchanalyzer apk" then download and install the .apk file.
>>
>>5842951
Oh, I just downloaded it, nice! My natural voice now is down to 175Hz, but I've a sore throat atm (too many acidic things).

>>5842999
Uh, those stats are pretty weird. From what I remember (it's been a few years):
>males usually speak at 100Hz~140Hz with the average being roughly 120Hz.
>Females usually speak at 200Hz~260Hz with the average being about 222Hz.
>>
>>5843580
I'm looking for similar things but the app only works on Android version 4.0+, and I'm stuck on 2.3.

So that's a no-go, unless I root my phone and force an installation.
>>
File: voice frequency.jpg (88 KB, 450x489) Image search: [Google]
voice frequency.jpg
88 KB, 450x489
>>5842999
May as well post this.
>>
>>5843584
And that's not to say those ranges are the limits, but just where the vast majority of people lie. I was unfortunate enough to have a voice around 95hz :| When I'm at work and I've talked for a while, it's now probably around 210hz, but I started practicing four years ago.
>>
File: 1452644549471.jpg (34 KB, 710x720) Image search: [Google]
1452644549471.jpg
34 KB, 710x720
How do you girls practice? I'm still strengthening my vocal chords, but soon enough I need to be able to do more than just that, especially since I plan on going full time by the end of summer.

I feel like it'd be easier if I just plopped my voice into a spectrum analyzer like the one built into Reaper, and try to minimize low-range frequencies. It sounds like a good plan, but I don't know how realistic it is, or HOW I would minimize the low range frequencies.

>>5843584
Weird. My normal speaking voice darts around between 120 Hz - 230 Hz. Sometimes it goes higher even, especially if I'm excited. If I'm explaining something technical or I'm bored, it's usually on the lower end and is rather monotone. Whenever I get emotional (which is, like, all the time) my voice darts up to the higher register. So, fortunately, I don't really need to build any range, the trick here is getting the resonance right.

I mean, occasionally my mom will be like 'that's the voice you should be trying towards, you totally sounded like a complete girl for a minute there!', but I'll have zero clue as to how to reproduce it. It just.. happens every so often, and it's not like my mom is just hugboxing me, one of my friends pointed it out too.

Though my moans are definitely feminine enough to pass.
>>
>>5843606
>210hz
congrats!
>>
>>5843595
>speak at a consistent ~290 Hz
>still sound like a young boy

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>5843642
I'm feeling that same feeling.

often about the only thing I've gotten down is that in order to properly keep that voice you just need to build up vocal chord strength and lung strength.
>>
I wonder if this varies depending on accents.. I'm Australian and my natural voice averages 164Hz.
but my min is 101Hz and my max is 249Hz so I'm a little conused by the numbers game here. According to >>5843595 I should be dead on ambiguous

>>5843927
It's probably to do with the way that you speak, like, your enunciations and inflections and such.
>>
>>5843927
Because pitch is only half the battle anon.

Men speak more monotone than women, try putting more emphasis in your speech. Think of how a flamboyant gay man sounds, even though he speaks in the normal masculine range the way he talks makes him sound more feminine.

Women also generally enunciate better, rarely slur their syllables, and their mouth movements are generally easier to read.

There are a lot of subtle differences that will get you clocked or at least weird looks if you don't work on it.
>>
>>5843590

I thought I was behind by having 4.4. My phone is just a pre-paid one my dad bought me at Wal-Mart for $20 and put on our cell plan. Is there a reason you can't upgrade?
>>
File: screenshot.jpg (66 KB, 683x409) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.jpg
66 KB, 683x409
>>5843539
Thanks for the tip. According to Praat the trans guy's voice is around 150 Hz (140, 186, 130, 157, 209, 121) in average which is kinda gender ambiguous/masculine according to this graph >>5843595 but his voice is kinda all over the place. He basically sounds like a kid going through puberty which is how my voice sounds too I guess even though I am a mtf which sucks.
>>
>>5843642
tfw moans are the are the easiest way to make your voice feminine. I once tried reading doujins to practice my voice.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.