[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible, on HRT, to be good at high singing but also everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6
Is it possible, on HRT, to be good at high singing but also everything down to even really deep and smooth death growls?
I heard that MtF HRT thins vocal chords, and unless that's actually required to sound good when singing high pitches, it sounds like HRT could actually decrease the range I can sing.
Of course, I'd be able to sing really high, but no matter how good the singer is, super high sounds terrible and I'd rather still be able to sound like Nathan Explosion.
>>
>>5819858
Estrogen does nothing to vocal chords at all.
>>
>>5819858
whatever it is you think you are doing. stop.
>>
>>5819866
Source? Since that disagrees with other sources I've heard.

>>5819867
I'm just wanting to go for a really huge pitch range as a side thing, it doesn't affect whether or not I'll transition. I'm just finding out whether it's a wasted investment of time to develop singing skills I might lose.
>>
>>5819882
The fact transgirls have to train their voices over weeks, months, and sometimes years.
>>
>>5819927
Well, even if vocal chords were thinned at all, practice would still be needed to make up for the rest of the difference in pitch.
But even if there's slight thinning it screws with deep singing majorly, death growls sound crap if you make them just a few notes higher.
>>
>tfw you will never be stealth and scream in a death metal band and wow the world with how deep you can go for a girl
>>
>>5819977
>You too can stop tranny rape by conceal-carrying a zweihander flambarde that can actually set itself on fire, if you make sure to double the intimidation by learning to death growl!
>>
>>5819858
>tfw want to be a cool tranny singer that can sing male female duets by myself
>tfw remember i couldn't sing as a boy anyways and im basically tonedeaf
dreams are for children
>>
>>5819858
Sounds like my kind of tranny
>>
>>5819858
I'd love to hear you sing, do you have anything on soundcloud?

Also, Laura Jane Grace's vocals seem to be fine; admittedly she wasn't on HRT for long when she sung the following, but still:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5Qx2PNfSp4
>>
>>5820361
No, my normal deep singing voice sounds weird to me and isn't good for solo (although very good in a choir), my high voice is garbage, and I can't death growl with enough endurance and strength to really sing with it.
>>
Wait so do you have a five octave range like Axl Rose and Mariah Carey?
>>
>>5823424
How would I tell?
>>
File: FcteKPC.jpg (266 KB, 1733x2000) Image search: [Google]
FcteKPC.jpg
266 KB, 1733x2000
>>5823424
Let me test!
>increasingly high pitched "Awooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"
>>
>>5827159
It sounds good and totally brutal, but it's not nearly deep enough.
Plus, I've always been more for growls than other death metal vocal types, and they only work well deep.
>>
>>5820102
>couldn't sing anything above middle bass last year, had a massive pitch gap and any notes close to that pitch gap would often be off
>pitch gap no longer exists this year and I can sing a huge range rather accurately
Don't let your dreams be dreams
>>
>>5823265
Retracting this statement, mysteriously my endurance and power with death growls has increased massively since that post despite a lack of practice. My high pitches got a bit better too, also without practice.
>>
File: bwuh....jpg (117 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
bwuh....jpg
117 KB, 480x640
>>5819858
I have moderate success, but I still sound like a tranny fag and I'm on my 4th year of HRT. Also lost almost all of my lower register. :/ good luck anon.
>>
>>5834451
Damn, so you can only operate in middle pitches?
Well, are you practicing lots?
>>
File: hypnoseki.gif (23 KB, 180x150) Image search: [Google]
hypnoseki.gif
23 KB, 180x150
>>5834464
I'm a voice actress. So yes. It sucks a lot. Makes me want to commit sudoku.
>>
>>5834516
Any chance I could hear your lower pitch and your girl voice?
>>
File: dis gon b gud.gif (1 MB, 350x191) Image search: [Google]
dis gon b gud.gif
1 MB, 350x191
>>5834523
sure, why the hell not. dont have much else to feel bad about at this point.
>tfw 4chinz still doesnt accept pu.ush
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0RuCfuxgKvN

God I hate vocaroo's audio quality.
>>
>>5834533
Maybe you should practice a lot with your uppermost range, if you can get it to sound as decent as the high pitch you did in that recording then decent sounding womanly voices might start to come naturally.
>>
>>5834558
that high pitch is actually my normal speaking voice that ive been using for about 2 and a half years -w-; but thanks. maybe ill gvie that a shot. i'll just have to do a higher voice long enough for it to overtake what ive got right now I guess
>>
>being literally a metalhead

Your not trans, fuck off you transtrender.
>>
File: So many computer screens what.png (223 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
So many computer screens what.png
223 KB, 500x400
>>5834620
>implying there arent women who enjoy metal
I'm not one, I'm just saying they exist. :/
>>
>>5819858
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTCwoO_HIFI

Not trans but som is a girl and has pretty deep evil growls
>>
>>5834734
Wow, that's really deep for a girl.
So I suppose I can keep that singing skill to a decent depth with practice!
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.