[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of trans people who choose to not try to "identify"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
File: CLh0NqWUAAEGRHw[1].jpg (33 KB, 590x578) Image search: [Google]
CLh0NqWUAAEGRHw[1].jpg
33 KB, 590x578
What do you think of trans people who choose to not try to "identify" as the opposite sex or change their outward appearance as to convince people they are a member of the opposite sex?
>>
>>5815217
I don't think they're actually 'trans' people.
>>
>>5815230

How do you find that judgement? Since being trans is something someone is born with, why would it matter how they choose to present themselves?
>>
File: boo.png (82 KB, 317x317) Image search: [Google]
boo.png
82 KB, 317x317
>using the phrase "opposite sex" in a discussion of gender identity
We are literally talking about people whose gender identity isn't determined by their sex, those words have no place in this discussion
>>
>>5815217
they're fucking disgusting freaks
>>
They have different priorities and levels of comfort. It doesn't necessarily invalidate their existence.
>>
I feel bad for the ones who are in denial about their desire to transition or are afraid of the consequences of coming out.
I don't like the ones who are presented as proof (by themselves or others) that no trans person actually needs to transition and therefore should not be allowed to.
>>
>>5815255
This
>>
>>5815217
I find them much easier to respect than the generic man face hon club
>>
>>5815275

What about the one's who aren't scared, but out of their own reason choose not to "transition", but also don't want to force other people to conform to their life choices?
>>
>>5815255

Sound reasoning.
>>
I'm happy for them that they feel comfortable enough that way.
>>
>>5815217
so for example, a male born who stays male looking but is still claiming to be mtf?
>>
>>5815236
Being trans is about the will to change your sex.
>>
it's kind of a slippery slope; they don't have to be totally feminine in every way, but if they're, hypothetically, not trying AT ALL then fuck them. very few people in my experience are like that though. usually they're just oblivious and autistic.
>>
>>5816266

A person may be trans but not claim to be anything.
>>
>>5816268

That would mean being trans is a choice, and not something someone is born with.

You do believe it is a choice?
>>
>as to convince people
I don't do shit to convince others, I do it to be comfortable with myself. People's acceptance of me is not unrelated to my dysphoria, but it's not at all the primary factor. To me, anyway.

As for people who have neither changed anything about themselves (be it hormones, surgically, through dress or whatever) nor do they intend to - I don't get how they identify as trans.
>>
>>5816276

What if their meaning of "feminine" is different than yours?
>>
>>5818137
>I don't get how they identify as trans.

They may be born that way.
>>
>>5815217
If they dont do it because they dont have dysphoria they aint trans.
>>
>>5815217
I feel as annoyed as I do when I see "genderqueer" women.
>>
>>5818161

What if they don't do it for another reason?

>>5818294

Why do they annoy you?
>>
I think they don't care about gender norms. I find trans people to be the most sexist assholes that exist, they really get ruffled when you don't conform to the gender roles they have hinged their identity on mimicking.
>>
>>5819854
>I think they don't care about gender norms.

Possibly.
>>
>>5818126
I think there's a distinction that needs to be made here.

Gender dysphoria is something that seems to manifest really early in life. That is the psychological condition. That is what some people think others have.

Being trans is about willingness to change your sex because of your gender dysphoria.

All trans in theory should have gender dysphoria.
But not everyone with gender dysphoria may necessarily become trans or be willing to transition. Maybe because it's just not strong enough or they just know it's an absolute lost cause. Or maybe they've repressed it for so long they've started a family who they don't want to ruin.
>>
>>5820236
For me I think I'm beginning to think it's one of those. I'm absolute lost cause. Too masculine desu, strong features, wide shoulders, slump.

etc. etc. You know the deal. Or maybe you don't. Who knows?
>>
>>5818126
Life is a choice too.
>>
>>5820284
tru
>>
>>5820258
Stop slumping. It's pretty impressive what good posture will do for your shoulders. Even if they look wide as fuck they can look less big.

Let the crazies pill fix you as much as possible. You could be surprised how much it changes you didn't consider and accept what it doesn't.
And If you're not happy with the results you could just go one step further and spend money on FFS.
>>
>>5820334
What's the crazies pill? I'm sorry, I'm kinda new here.
>>
>>5820343
Tranny pills. Fem&ms, titty skittles.
Whatever you take for your hormone replacement therapy.
>>
>>5820343
Oh I see now what the confusion might have been. I wasn't paying attention when I typed that.
I meant "the crazy pills" and accidentally pluralized crazy instead of pills.
>>
>>5815662
not trans, faggot.
>>
it's disgusting AGP shit if its a MTF but it's okay if its a FTM right?
:^)
>>
>>5820284

Being born isn't.

>>5821948

Why, though?
>>
>>5820350
>titty skittles
Kek
>>
>>5822073

I don't understand.
>>
;)
>>
>>5829023
FtM that doesn't go on mones:
>I'm a boy! don't oppress me just because I was born a girl!
Response:
>Oh I'm so sorry sir my apologies, I didn't mean to offend you.

MtF that doesn't go on mones:
>I'm a girl! Don't oppress me just because I was born a boy.
Response:
>lol shut up you fag
>>
>>5815217
neither. although our chromosomes don't match our gender, our brain chemistry/nuerology does. if someone has the mind if a woman, she is a woman regardless of outer appearance. men and women do have different brains, that doesn't mean men are stronger than women, just different. if your brain is 60% woman and 40% man it means your a woman. There are alot of wire types for the brain, and a whole lot more if you add neurological condition like autism. and yes, a good portion of trans are autistic including myself. you came to this board which means you at least tried to understand us. thank you OP. ^v^
>>
>>5815249
>they are discusting
you are a mega dipshit.
>>5816266
> sometimes trans people go through traumatic experiences, and forget they are trans. not all cisgender are bad.
>>
>>5815217
No such thing.
>>
>>5831978

That's mean.
>>
>>5820350
>Fem&ms

God dammit I've heard titty skittles before but that made me spit out my drink.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.