[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do transpeople think their pets are sentient enough to detect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: trans cat.jpg (95 KB, 1669x502) Image search: [Google]
trans cat.jpg
95 KB, 1669x502
Why do transpeople think their pets are sentient enough to detect that they're trans?
>>
something about smell
>>
It's don't
>>
Why do retards think that pets aren't sentient enough to detect changes in the behavior of other beings?
>>
>>5810672
Christians teach their children that animals don't have feelings or thoughts.

I'm not real sure. I guess maybe it's because Christians think that souls are the real source of all feelings and thoughts, and that animals don't have souls?
>>
>>5810677
Animals have instincts. Nothing else. Humans should really stop projecting human characteristics on to animals. Like those kangaroos that were photographed hugging the dead body of another kangaroo. People mistook it for mourning but really the kangaroo wasn't aware the other one was dead and was trying to have sex with it. The joey didn't care that it's mother was dead either. So it made all the people who thought it was love just look silly.
>>
>>5810677
I was told all dogs go to heaven.

Are you telling me that not a single canine has accepted Jesus Christ as their personal lord and savior?
>>
>>5810695
You know, by proving my point, you're not disproving what I said, right?

I mean, really.

>Buh buh buh instincts

What the hell do you think I meant by feelings? Oh, right, you think feelings are a Saturday Soul Special. Instincts are the same thing, but they're off-brand, for those dirty animal peasants.

And thoughts? There's just really complicated instincts. Which, if you can follow at all, makes them just really complicated feelings. They're all produced by the same clump of cells, engaging in much of the same activity whether you call it "feelings" or "thoughts" or "souls" or "dank a meme."
>>
Pet owners are usually delusional.
>>
>>5810677
Exactly. I hate when people say shit like that. Like, go smack your dog. Did it yelp in pain? Most likely. Does it now show avoidance towards you? Which is an indicator of fear? How about don't abuse the dog, instead try leaving then coming back. Or watch the reaction when you're sad or sick. Dog will approach you and try to show you comfort. So yes, animals do have feelings. Maybe we don't share all of them but it is possible. Some biologists theorize they have emotions that we can't comprehend either. Much like how some animals can see colors that we can't.

OP does have a point though. I think being trans is something we don't share with most animals. (I read somewhere that some species of insects and fish can change sex but it's more for increasing success at mating than feelz) They don't really give a shit about gender or sexuality for the most part. Just like they don't bother with things like technological advancement. Evolution isn't gonna fix what ain't broke.
>>
>>5810677
>Christians teach their children that animals don't have feelings or thoughts.

So why is it only China and other subhuman asians that eats dogs?
>>
>>5810724
I didn't read the OP and I don't plan to. I try to read as few shitposts as possible, nothing good can come from listening to opinions that are designed specifically to harm you. I still need to respond from time to time though, the chimps don't respect someone who's quiet, if you're too quiet the grunting and screaming will turn into shit flinging.
>>
>>5810753
True. Because things vary from species to species. Disliking is still a feeling though. The how and why are just different.
>>
>>5810695
>Animals have instincts. Nothing else.
People are animals, therefore by your logic humans only posses instincts and nothing else.
>shit logic/10

Humans are potentially the most intelligent animal but it is not to say that all other animals are incomparable to human intelligence. Many social animals like corvids, apes, and dolphins possess understandings of spacial and self awareness along with counting and pattern recognition comparative to a 5-year old. Animals posses many degrees of intelligence.
>The joey didn't care that it's mother was dead either.
Mammals and birds are two classes of animals that are distinct from all others in being able to display a form of altruism known as kin selection. Oxytocin levels can be objectively observed to raise in mammalian mother/child bonding (Kerstin Uvnäs-Moberg, 1998). If this is not evidence enough, to disprove your shitty anecdotal evidence, and show that animals are able to feel love, then eat a dick faggot :^).
>>
>>5810663
my friend's roommate has a dog who barks at trannys, its trippy, tranny dog detected me

>tfw can't pass to a dog
>>
Trannies are a blight on humanity
>>
>>5810915

Tell your friend he's got another $5000 if he gives me the dog.
>>
>>5810695

emotions are just created by chemical reactions in the brain, some animals share those chemicals others don't... humans are animals, we're not somehow removed from them like "there's animals and then there's us"
>>
>>5810734

the idea that a dog's life is more important than a cow, pig, or chicken doesn't exist there... in reality eating meat is eating meat regardless of the animal killed for it, so if you're fine with eating a chicken or a pig that's raised to be food where's the issue with someone else eating a dog that's raised to be food? as long as it's no one's pet there's no actual difference other than a cultural bias that lacks any sense...
>>
>GAF

top kek
>>
>>581092
True, we're learnt that there are like half a dozen animals that are "food" and that's that - the rest of the millions of species on Earth are either too cute or to disgusting to eat. Personally I find the whole concept of corpse-eating rather ghoulish, regardless of the species involved, and avoid it as best as I can.
>>
>>5811167

i'm vegan, cuz that shit is gross to me, but eh... i don't care what other people eat, and meat is meat, other animals are other animals and what people are ok with eating is cultural... it's just feelings based logic to bitch about someone eating a dog that was raised for food...
>>
>>5811232
Yeah I get that. I mean I understand the vegan arguments regarding ethics and environment and all that jazz, but for me it's kind of like someone using logic and ethics to argue for why I shouldn't eat litteral poop. It's... poop, I don't need an argument, I just plain don't want that in me. Rather just pick a meat-like substitute.

Congrats on having to cojones to admit veganism on 4chan, btw.
>>
>>5810677
literally what
I don't think you know what you're talking about
>>
>Tranny cat owners who post on NeoGaf are delusional.
>in other news, the sun rose this morning
>>
>>5810672
>Why do retards think that pets aren't sentient enough to detect changes in the behavior of other beings?
differences in behavior too.

>>5810695
>Animals have instincts. Nothing else.
So fucking naive.

>>5810985
Humans are not the only animal with a functional cerebral cortex.

>>5811167
All those vegetables you eat are corpses, or you kill them as you eat them.
>“Unfortunately, most people never observe the natural cycle of birth and death. They do not realize that for one living thing to survive, another living thing must die.”
>― Temple Grandin
>>
>>5811520

i never said humans were, why are you making shit up to disagree about? i said humans aren't far removed from other animals... and that animals have brains that function and produce similar chemicals

>>5811248

i just can't stomach the texture, smell or taste of meat and i can't bring myself to chew or touch it so i don't eat it... it's just something i always had a hard time with, and it was easier to just stop forcing myself to eat meat...

with eggs and dairy i actually just can't have them... so that's not a choice i willingly made it's just either that or feel like shit, and it's not worth it to me...

thanks, but i just see it like worst case scenario is someone doesn't believe in eating the way i do and will bitch about it at great lengths with full knowledge that their opinion doesn't matter to me... and eh i can deal with that...
>>
>>5810663
because they have good smell, they know what is shit
>>
>>5810663
she probably used to make the pet lick peanut butter off her balls.
>>
>>5810992
I think it's more the practice with how dogs are butchered over there that unnerves people. Those people also believe that the more a dog suffers, the more potent the aphrodisiac effect of the meat. It probably wouldn't be considered so horrific if they simply shot it in the head and let that be it like first world countries do to cows and pigs.

Personally? I'd probably try dog if it was available. As long as I never met the animal, I don't think I'd have an issue with eating it. Same for a pig or cow or chicken. I couldn't eat it if I knew it was an animal I've interacted with while it was alive.

>>5811716
I knew someone like you, anon. She was vegan simply because she didn't like meat. She compared it to how a lot of people don't like seafood. They just don't and would rather avoid it altogether. For some people, vegetables can be more savory in flavor than meat and vice-versa.

At least you're not one of those asshole vegans who has to act like a fuckhead to everyone because they aren't vegan too. Stay based, anon.
>>
>>5811267
To be fair anyone that posts on NeoGaf is delusional. That place is somehow worse than even something awful.
>>
File: 10.gif (2 MB, 352x199) Image search: [Google]
10.gif
2 MB, 352x199
>>5811866
>Those people also believe that the more a dog suffers, the more potent the aphrodisiac effect of the meat.

next level trolling m8. congrats.
>>
>>5813145
"In Korean folklore, it is believed that the presence of adrenaline in dog meat is a sexual aphrodisiac. Toward that end, Korean Dog Meat restaurants use hammers and body hanging to break bones that slowly tortures dogs to death"

I'm not trolling, anon. These guys really believe this stuff.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.