[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey guys, what are your opinions on the "sexualities"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: DdbLkQX.jpg (26 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
DdbLkQX.jpg
26 KB, 460x460
Personally I think it's making the LGBT community a joke. We don't need "anxigender" or "demigender" and all that, do we?
>>
>>5807740
desu pride parades with people wearing nothing but phallic objects is worse.
>>
>>5807740
all but straight, bisexual, gay, and asexual are made up.
that includes anything on the ~asexual spectrum~, like "grey ace" and "demisexual".

i don't really think there are more than two genders, and that most non-binary people are either tumblr-trenders (and not trans at all) or dysphoric trans people, who are likely confused and unsure of whether or not they're really just binary trans.
>>
I approve. To me gay/bi/straight is just looking at sexuality in the simplest way possible, I don't see the problem with people creating sub categories within these that better describe themselves, especially if you fall under the bi umbrella, which is rarely a one size fits all deal.

I was watching a interview where this gay guy was being kind of a dick to a bi guy because he couldn't understand why he wanted to have sex with men but not be in a relationship with one, so even within the lgbt community there are people with a fixed idea of what being gay/bi should entail, and when you don't fit it they try push you into a box or insult your understanding of your own desires.
>>
>>5807740
Why should I care, I barely use Tumblr. People who try to insist LGBT is a joke will use any reasoning to keep insisting so, they won't even need Tumblr for this - there are plenty of cringeworthy people in this community, just like in any other.
>>
>>5807740
Whenever I see these identities I'm immediately reminded of Sonic the Hedgehog recolors.
>original gender do not steal
>>
>>5807861
You literally can not be anything but gay, bi, straight, or asexual. There are no other options.
>>
>>5807740
>asexuality is real
>gray-asexuality is real, but in the sense of people who are "technically asexual" (e.g. turned on exclusively by fetishes with no desire for sexual intercourse) rather than just low sex drive
>demisexuality is real, a lot of people say it's just "being normal and not wanting to fuck on the first date", but it's actually having no sexual feelings at all until you get close to someone, which really isn't normal at all
>it's possible to have a romantic orientation that doesn't match your sexual orientation
>I think genders like genderqueer, non-binary, genderfluid, demiboy/demigirl, juxera, proxvir, agender, etc can be real but for the most part it makes sense for people to identify just as male, female, or androgynous based on how they present
>Otherkin etc may be real, but doesn't belong in LGBT since it's not a gender or sexuality.

>>5808012
What about people attracted to inanimate objects or concepts? And I think their point is that while everyone technically fits one of the four labels, they really don't give a full picture - like someone can be bisexual with regards to sex but homosexual with regards to gender, etc, or someone who's straight with occasional exceptions.
>>
File: 1456336084612.jpg (130 KB, 912x960) Image search: [Google]
1456336084612.jpg
130 KB, 912x960
Earth is overpopulated. We are not snowflakes.
>>
>>5808178
>And I think their point is that while everyone technically fits one of the four labels, they really don't give a full picture - like someone can be bisexual with regards to sex but homosexual with regards to gender, etc, or someone who's straight with occasional exceptions.

Exactly. I'm not saying people can go outside of the realm of the big 4, but within that spectrum is also a lot of minor and major differences that are worth discussing and maybe even creating sub categories for.

Like how good, evil, and neutral are a very basic way of looking at morality, but you can further expand upon that with chaotic evil, or lawful good, etc. Its just taking a magnifying glass to what's already there.
>>
>>5807823
Almost all "non-binaries" are either trans people who acknowledge the fact that they'll never pass; or trans people who are not fully transitioned yet.
>>
I believe in a sexuality spectrum, but why not just specify whatever the hell you do (e.g. "I'm mostly straight but I can fool around with guys") instead of making up more labels?
>>
>>5807740
second
>>
>>5808247

So you can just say I'm this rather than explaining shit.
>>
Honestly the t needs to go. Thats the root of the problem and you all know it. LGB !
>>
>>5808379
/thread
>>
Split romantic/sexual orientation is code for "I'm a homophobic dipshit."
>>
>>5807823
>asexual

Sorry, but no.
>>
>>5808247
labels are convenient representations of concepts
>>
>>5808614
It is not a matter of opinion. Some people don't experience sexual attraction.
>>
>>5808597
How is it homophobic?
>>
>>5808597

This is exactly what I mean.

>when you don't fit it they try push you into a box or insult your understanding of your own desires.

I'll admit some of these labels need to go in the fucking trash, but snubbing attempts to further understand the differences in our sexuality is going backwards.
>>
File: cissy girl.png (197 KB, 484x386) Image search: [Google]
cissy girl.png
197 KB, 484x386
>>5807740
>>
>>5808213
Sub-categories would probably be better than just labeling them as standalone sexualities. It'd be less harmful than what Tumblr is doing if people just admitted that all they're doing is taking a closer look at themselves as a whole.

However, gender is a whole other monster to tackle in terms of Tumblr. Just straight up transgender's already been medically proven.

Agender is kinda iffy because it just seems more like a desire to be seen as androgynous than to actually have the need to change your body to be sexless. Which would be impossible. I think it's more out of insecurity from dealing with social or internal pressure to be masculine or feminine so they retreat to what they believe is a safe neutral ground.

Genderfluid is just bullshit though. Since the very concept of it undermines a lot of what makes someone qualify as transgender. Specifically the inability to accept your birth gender.

Then there's the noun/neo genders. Which is just a fucking mess because of the otherkin trend. These tumblrinas don't get that otherkin is just roleplaying taken way too far. Like I understand having a connection to an animal or a character. But I'd rather just call it appreciation and not claim it as a spirit animal, or worse, a gender.
>>
I feel like people started trying to fit themselves into labels, rather than the other way around.
It's ironic, with the whole point being individuality and all.
>>
i once saw a "sexuality" on tumblr for people that enjoyed receiving oral and that's why i want to die
>>
>>5812666
Sounds like something someone from 4chan would post to troll tumblrinas into believing it.
>>
>>5807740
I hate all of them, the LGBT community on tumblr in unbearable, ridiculous and degenerate, I hope people from real life never associate us with them.
>>
>>5812221
Genderfluid is BS because it relies on stereotypes. It's like: I'm a cis girl, but if I wear a tuxedo I magically become a man.
>>
its stupid
>>
I feel a lot of the tumblrinas out there are just the kind of teenage girl I was, enjoying dressing up in more masculine looks and being called Sir because it feels like people in general respect you more when they think you're a dude, or even just manly in general. Tumblr SJ shit wasn't much of a thing when I was in highschool, but I'm pretty sure I would have genderfluided-demisexualed-dumbasskined the shit out of the internet if I had had wind of it at 15 jfc.
>>
With gender as well as sexuality, you can really just choose out of permutations of what's there.
Male, female, male to female, female to male, nothing, both. So cis, trans, and non-binary shit only seems to make a sliver of sense when it's "neither" as in "chop off all genitalia" or both as in "wants all sexual characteristics". I don't buy 70% female, 30% male or other "partials" at all.
Orientation is the same: You're either into men, women, both, or none. I do believe that this can differ sexually and romantically- Like you liking to fuck men and women, but only managing to be in a relationship with one of them. Or you don't liking sex at all, but still entering sexless relationships with either. Everything else is too disconnected from what it's actually about to be believable.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.