[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mental Health of Transgender Children Who Are Supported in Their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7
File: 1440468458484.png (449 KB, 908x1359) Image search: [Google]
1440468458484.png
449 KB, 908x1359
>http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2016/02/24/peds.2015-3223

>OBJECTIVE: Transgender children who have socially transitioned, that is, who identify as the gender “opposite” their natal sex and are supported to live openly as that gender, are increasingly visible in society, yet we know nothing about their mental health. Previous work with children with gender identity disorder (GID; now termed gender dysphoria) has found remarkably high rates of anxiety and depression in these children. Here we examine, for the first time, mental health in a sample of socially transitioned transgender children.

>RESULTS: Transgender children showed no elevations in depression and slightly elevated anxiety relative to population averages. They did not differ from the control groups on depression symptoms and had only marginally higher anxiety symptoms.

>CONCLUSIONS: Socially transitioned transgender children who are supported in their gender identity have developmentally normative levels of depression and only minimal elevations in anxiety, suggesting that psychopathology is not inevitable within this group. Especially striking is the comparison with reports of children with GID; socially transitioned transgender children have notably lower rates of internalizing psychopathology than previously reported among children with GID living as their natal sex.

Tell me again, how exactly is this child abuse?
>>
Idk, I wish I didn't repress my feelings and transitioned when I started to experience dysphoria. I'm an emotional wreck and contemplate suicide every day now at 22. So I guess I'm a failed tranny.
>>
I'm somewhat curious on how accurate GID and trans diagnoses are, especially in the under 8 crowd.
>>
>>5806469
I went the other way, buried my negative emotions so deep that I don't have them, actually worked out quite well cos I pass now and use it to my advantage in certain aspects in life.
>>
This study shows exactly what you'd expect. Dysphoria is a real phenomena. No child would willingly subject their body and social image to such drastic change that is widely not accepted if they weren't living the hell of *literally* turning into the sex you don't identify with (puberty). Why else would suicide rates for transgender teens be so high?
>>
>>5806469
same. I tired to tell my mom when I was 10 but she beat the shit out of me with my own shoes and told me to never touch girl stuff ever again. I ended up becoming a depressed shut in and then tried for my early 20's to man up and be an alpha, it didn't work so now I am 26 and ugly and miserable. I think people should never be allowed to transition young, they all deserve the torture I went though. No one should be happy.
>>
>>5806548
You poor creature. Finally, I can see what made the monster that you're so unfortunately forced to live as. Even you deserve love, Kayla
>>
>>5806553
>Even you deserve love, Kayla
No one will give me any since I am a masculine freak.
>>
>>5806555
Do you want to talk on Skype or something? I'm the one mtf who doesn't tripfag nor hate you

and idk you seem interesting. I'd be lying if I said I never wanted to speak with you
>>
>>5806564
too afraid to talk outside mtfg, last time I had a skype someone was trying to hurt me
I doubt talking off line would do anything for me anyway.
>>
>>5806567
You never know, we could be destined bee-ef-efs. I'm sorry that happened to you, though
>>
>>5806572
you live near me? Most people are far away so i never get to know them in person anyway
>>
>>5806548
Story of this trans person mirror yours:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOVEYtO6e_o

Kayla your future will be lost if you don't do something.
>>
>>5806574
I don't know? I live in California, I have no idea where you are

if you don't want to give me your Skype I'm just going to bug you on /mtfg/ whenever I'm there (which is honestly rare as of late)
>>
>>5806576
holy jesus
CRINGE
at least my voice passes
>>
>>5806581
im in cali too
>>
>>5806538
Kids are stupid and conformist, you retard

And then the thread devolves into tranny circlejerk
You cunts are literally the cancer of the internet
>>
>>5806584
I'm usually in Little Tokyo like a weeb faggot. Maybe we should hang out sometime
>>
>>5806592
sounds cool
>>
>>5806590
In today's world, yeah, you're probably right. I think the last wave of TruTrans people transitioned in the last few years. Now, kids are spending all of their time on Tumblr, being exposed to the worst kind of people there is, Transtrenders
>>
>>5806494
given that it is basically the child simply saying that it is the opposite sex and expressing discomfort by being their natal sex for a prolonged period the accuracy can be considered rather high.
>>
>>5806590
If they're so conformist, why would children of parents who oppose transitioning still want to transition?
>>
>>5806608
>I literally have no idea how children work
Children rebel around ages 12-14, and they go against usually most things taught by the parents
>>
>>5806593
S k y p e? :3

>>5806612
>Dysphoria has been seen in children as young as 4
>Dysphoria really kicks in at age 9
>"Rebelious" nature starts at 12 - 14, as you've stated

You must really hate kids
>>
i'm a failed tranny too
at least you try kayla
still they all deserve to suffer, if we can't be happy noone can
>>
>>5806616
>T-think of the children!!!
Children need a strong notion of gender identity while growing up, otherwise when they grow up they won't fit into either gender because you thought it was a good idea to let a child choose his entire future
>>
>>5806612
then why are there so few kids that experience dysphoria? if the rebellious phase is an accurate explanation for dysphoria why is it so rare?
>>5806622
that doesn't fit with your rebellious phase theory. first you say kids rebell against what they've been taught and now you say they rebell against things that they haven't been told but discovered on their own.
>>
>>5806624
Rebellious phase explains all the young transtrenders, it's the new Emo, Scene, or Goth thing, only permanent

No, they're taught gender roles by responsible patents. If their parents don't raise them as their born sex, they're gonna have a shitton of developmental issues
>>
File: 1455831837637.png (115 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1455831837637.png
115 KB, 400x400
>>5806622

What >>5806624 said
>>
File: 1456831979847.png (542 KB, 912x1339) Image search: [Google]
1456831979847.png
542 KB, 912x1339
>>5806454
>not posting the real version
>>
>>5806612
Then what about trans kids younger than 12?

>>5806622
Forcing children into gender roles they're not comfortable with doesn't help anyone.

>>5806629
Teaching children to follow strict gender roles ENCOURAGES transtrenders, as it makes them think wanting to go against gender roles makes them trans, and as such is irresponsible parenting.
>>
>>5806629
>Rebellious phase explains all the young transtrenders, it's the new Emo, Scene, or Goth thing, only permanent
transtrenders are identified by the mentality that they do not wish to make any medical intervention so you're not making sense here.
>No, they're taught gender roles by responsible patents. If their parents don't raise them as their born sex, they're gonna have a shitton of developmental issues
which goes against the study in the OP and countless of lived experiences of lgbt and gender-nonconforming kids so you need to post some source. also that doesn't really answer my post in any way.
>>
>>5806638
10/10
>>
>>5806639
What about kids younger than 12? They eat their own boogers and think girls have cooties

Not teaching gender roles hurts the child

This literally hasn't been a problem for human history until the last, 2-3 years

>>5806642
Remember that one guy that was raised as a girl? Yeah, he killed himself.
>>
>>5806651
>Remember that one guy that was raised as a girl? Yeah, he killed himself.
because he didn't identify as a girl but got it forced upon him. that supports the claim that the kid should decide on its own.
>This literally hasn't been a problem for human history until the last, 2-3 years
just because you weren't aware of it 2-3 years ago doesn't mean that it hasn't been an issue since thousands of years.
>Not teaching gender roles hurts the child
forcing kids into the wrong gender role hurts the child.
>>
>>5806651
>What about kids younger than 12? They eat their own boogers and think girls have cooties
And what does that have to do with anything? Your conformity theory is totally incoherent.

>Not teaching gender roles hurts the child
That assumes gender roles are inherently a good thing, and requires intentionally ignoring all the people who have been harmed by being forced into gender roles.

>This literally hasn't been a problem for human history until the last, 2-3 years
Then it's not caused by failing to teach children gender roles.

>Remember that one guy that was raised as a girl? Yeah, he killed himself.
He was cis, and I believe sexually abused by the person doing research on him. He wasn't raised as a girl because he said that's what he wanted, but because his penis was ruined by a botched surgery. A trans girl raised as male is likely to end up the same way.
>>
>>5806656
This
>>
>>5806657
>>5806656
Oops, i forgot arguing with trannies is a bad idea, they just use stupid logic and assumptions
>>
>>5806665
You're the one who thinks it's logical to assume forcing children into gender roles is a good thing.
>>
>>5806665
your lack of self awareness is astonishing.
>>
>>5806665
Kek someone's backed into a corner.
>>
File: 1443594201160.png (649 KB, 1119x1400) Image search: [Google]
1443594201160.png
649 KB, 1119x1400
Wow, what a fucking shocker. A social animal doesn't go batshit fucking crazy when it's not denied social contact. It's almost like this medical condition doesn't naturally come with suicide and hallucinations, but that those come with ostracization like we've seen in every other case of ostracization ever in every single other context in the history of mankind.
>>
>>5806708
to be fair having to rely on medication until death and being infertile can be a hard strain on any persons mind so it's not all sunshine and rainbows even if we're accepted from the beginning but yeah, you're right.
>>
>>5806708
This, too
>>
>wanting to play with dolls means you want to be a woman
>>
>>5806760
https://www.good.is/articles/transgender-study
>“Sometimes we hear from parents that the parent says, ‘Well, you could just be a boy who likes to wear dresses,’ and the kid says, ‘No, it’s not the dress. I am a girl,'” she said. “That seems to be the crucial difference between a boy who likes a girly things and a boy who is saying, ‘I am a girl.'”
>>
>>5806719
Estradiol valerate shots are not the same as needing insulin.

Also, here we are discussing how best to treat children when you pipe up about fertility. There's a world of neglected children who need adopting.
>>
Bumping for dog-shit anon. You religiously infected dog-shit pedophiles.
>>
>>5806769
>This abberant behavior isn't beaten out of children like imaginary friends
This is why society is collapsing
>>
>>5806638
5/7
>>
>>5806555
>No one will give me any since I am a masculine freak.
You know that's just an excuse so you don't have to confront the real reason, that your horrible personality and actions drive away anyone who tries to reach out to you. Even more masculine trannies aren't as hated as you because they aren't such scum to everyone around them.

You're never going to move forward till you take responsibility for yourself instead of blaming everyone else and the world.
>>
>>5806629
>If their parents don't raise them as their born sex, they're gonna have a shitton of developmental issues

The actual doctors and statistics disagree but feel free to keep on sperging out about how your feels are the ultimate truth.
>>
>>5806878
A society built on violence against children is immoral and deserves to collapse.
>>
File: 1443056663487.jpg (34 KB, 958x960) Image search: [Google]
1443056663487.jpg
34 KB, 958x960
>>5806934
Kayla made an anon-friend in her own state! I saw it with my own eyes.this might be the catalyst for real change in her life.

Oh, and a quick bait image for the anti-trans crew. They didn't even come with anything to say this time. Very disappointing.
>>
>>5806878
Did your parents abuse you because you had an imaginary friend?
I'm so sorry anon, you should probably seek therapy.
>>
>>5806978
>Oh, and a quick bait image for the anti-trans crew. They didn't even come with anything to say this time. Very disappointing.
huh? they were here but disappeared real quick.
>>
>>5806978
She has made friends and contact with people who wanted to help her before like melly and she always eventually turns around and shits on them and burns those bridges. It happens again and again with her just as predictably as her lashing out in mtfg and blaming everyone else for things not being handed to her on a sliver platter.
She's also sexist with a seriously warped view of how women "should be" and racist.
>>
>>5806993
See? It's like they were fulfilling an obligation instead of railing against something they have any real feelings about, or derive any pleasure from opposing.

Are they instituting some kind of weird community disservice requirement for membership to /pol/ cliques?
>>
>>5806950
>t. Tranny
>>
>>5807027
>t. Person who doesn't understand that a statement's validity is independent of the person making the claim.
>>
>>5807044
>t. Militant Tranny, who's motive is to make more of their breed
Litterally nothing you say will absolve you of your transexuallism, just hurry on to the noose please
>>
>>5807072
>error: selfawareness.dll not found
You're the one trying to "make more of their breed" by insisting trans youth should be indoctrinated into being cis. I'm not saying that we should indoctrinate anyone, but if someone shows obvious signs of being trans or even just gender non-conforming, they should be allowed to express themselves instead of just being forced into gender roles because of muh traditional values. You're anti-freedom, plain and simple.
>>
>>5807077
>Norms are indoctrination
*Buzzer* You're wrong, and you've exposed yourself as a regressive. They're not traditional values, they're societal norms. This literally goes across every culture for the past millennia: Boys are boys and girls are girls

Try harder, this is too easy man
>>
>>5807090
they are indoctrination if they are forced upon you. norm is also another word for average which means people can deviate from it. so if you say
>Boys are boys and girls are girls
is the norm then that leaves plenty of room for transsexuals, gays and gender non-conforming.
>>
>>5807090
>*Buzzer* You're wrong, and you've exposed yourself as a regressive.
How does that make me a regressive? Do you even know what that means?

>They're not traditional values, they're societal norms.
They're both. Traditional values are a subset of societal norms.

>This literally goes across every culture for the past millennia: Boys are boys and girls are girls
And? Saying we should keep doing something because everyone else has always done it is a circular argument, it does not any any point even attempt to explain why such a thing is good. And, even if most people do conform to traditional gender norms, that's no reason why people who don't like them should be forced into them. Either gender norms arise naturally, in which case there's no need to force them on children (they'll arrive at them naturally), OR, gender norms are unnatural and as such children who go against them are not "going against nature".
>>
>>5806454
this comic makes me sad
why didn't you let me do what i wanted dad's family?
i bet my mom would have been cool with it
>>
>>5807099
Then I guess we're all indoctrinated into speaking english, huh

>>5807100
Yeah, and it's derogatory you shitstain. Tell what you think it should be

In that case you could call wearing shoes in the house a "TRADITIONAL VALUE" since its a common thing

Change for the sake of change is meaningless. There is 0 problem with the way things are, except for outliers. Fuck the whole system, while ignoring the base rate? Nice cognitive bias. Also, if we don't force gender roles like we do EVERYTHING ELSE, they won't learn it. Ever heard about the Id and the Ego? Kids are shitbags who misbehave, and forcing gender roles on them make them behave. If we don't force things into them, they don't fit into society and get shunned.
>>
>>5807122
>Then I guess we're all indoctrinated into speaking english, huh
if the kid shows strong discomfort with english and is kept from learning another language while being beaten to learn english then yes. it all depends on context.
>Kids are shitbags who misbehave, and forcing gender roles on them make them behave
i feel sorry for you. if you learned this from your parents you must have had a horrible childhood. educating and teaching kids isn't the same as forcing and the latter is only used by incompetent and hateful parents.
>>
>>5807122
>In that case you could call wearing shoes in the house a "TRADITIONAL VALUE" since its a common thing
It is a traditional value.

>Change for the sake of change is meaningless.
So is tradition for the sake of tradition.

>Fuck the whole system, while ignoring the base rate?
How is letting people express their gender the way they want hurting anyone? The gender-conforming majority will still be allowed to be gender-conforming, we're not forcing boys into dresses or anything, just saying that if they want to wear dresses they should be allowed to.

>Also, if we don't force gender roles like we do EVERYTHING ELSE, they won't learn it.
Then gender roles are NOT natural, and not necessary. We can still teach children to be polite, hard-working and all that without introducing double standards based on gender. And you shouldn't "force" anything on children, but rather assist them in learning on their own, as otherwise they won't be prepared to handle unusual situations later in life.

>Kids are shitbags who misbehave, and forcing gender roles on them make them behave
It's possible to teach kids how to behave without making it about gender. It's illogical to say it's misbehaving when a boy does it, but okay for a girl to do it, or vice versa.

>If we don't force things into them, they don't fit into society and get shunned.
Yes, but that just means that our society is largely based on coercion, not freedom. That doesn't mean coercion is good, in fact it's literally using coercion to argue in favor of coercion.
>>
>>5806454

So confirm, Chin length blonde haired boys look so feminine
>>
>>5806934
Leave her alone, she says some terrible antagonistic shit but I've seen people grow up in abusive households and the damage it can cause to your personality. If she moves out then it's possible that she'd heal in time and become a perfectly approachable person but the traits that her experiences have left her with make it no surprise she finds it hard to make progress moving out and stuff. I genuinely think there's a perfectly normal person under there but she's been hurt really badly.

Kayla, I sincerely hope you can recover from your experiences. I can't imagine, nor do I really want to, what it must be like to have practically half your life including your entire youth snatched out of your hands.
>>
>>5806607
You just quoted the definition of the diagnosis. And rather high compared to what?

If I read the study right, they had a zero percent detransition rate. Is this typical or expected? What's the adult rate?

>>5806624
Confusion and rebellion about social norms is a normal part of childhood.

>>5806638
88/88. You can't stop true love!
>>
>>5807954
adult rate is about 1.5% give or take and a lot of the time those detransitions are motivated by how they are treated by society.

a cut and dry case of "wow i made a horrible mistake", for people who have been on HRT for 1+ years, is actually really really rare

plus the controls they put on allowing children access to transition treatment is actually really intense. despite what concern trolls would have you believe they are VERY CAREFUL about this and take every precaution to avoid hurting children
>>
File: fps comparison.gif (2 MB, 269x480) Image search: [Google]
fps comparison.gif
2 MB, 269x480
>>5806638
>ben garrison
>>
>>5807180
Abuse can do terrible things to people but it doesn't give you a blank check to act however you want like kayla thinks she deserves every time she says "this time I really turned around!"
>If she moves out then it's possible
But she refuses to and regularly brags about wanting to milk her family for as much money as she can until they actually kick her out and not just her attention seeking threats. She has literally said that living in a mansion in the hollywood hills with a pool and all her dirtbikes is just too comfortable and more important to her than transition and living as a woman.

She has also said that she lies about how bad her mom/family are and that they're actually quite sweet. You're just another ignorant newfag pulled in by her lies to feed her attention while she tells other vulnerable people to kill themselves and drives away all the people who were actually full-time and gave advice, just because kayla thinks she's the only one who deserves to be happy.
>>
>>5808383
>people still fall for the kayla cycle

lol it's been too many years and this still happens
>>
File: Persona_4_nanako_2.jpg (112 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Persona_4_nanako_2.jpg
112 KB, 1280x720
>>5806593
>>5806592
>>5806584
>>5806582
>>5806574

you bitches better still be in cali within the next 2-3 years.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.