[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone posed an interesting argument. If you don't give
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: dead.png (19 KB, 132x155) Image search: [Google]
dead.png
19 KB, 132x155
Someone posed an interesting argument.

If you don't give diet pills to anorexic people, why can you give HRT to trans people?

Halp. I honestly don't know why.
>>
Leave Shirazu out of this....Anyways, anorexia is a complex mental illness/disease of the mind, and being transgender doesn't inherently cause harm and isn't an illness.

Giving a meth addict meth is different than giving someone who's uncomfortable with their nose a nose job. You feel?
>>
File: 2.png (5 KB, 51x83) Image search: [Google]
2.png
5 KB, 51x83
>>5801088
Sorry.

I... Guess I understand. Still not 100%, but yeah.

Gotta stop hanging around /pol/ "P-PLS KILL TRANNIES MUH FEELS" fucks, I guess.

But isn't trans really a mental illness, niceness aside? Then what is it, an anal illness? If it isn't an illness then why does it need to get treated with HRT anyway in the first place?
>>
File: utu.png (233 KB, 500x643) Image search: [Google]
utu.png
233 KB, 500x643
>>5801115
Well, trans is a medical condition, that much is for sure. But it's not an illness in the sense that there's no true solution for it. You know, a lot of trans people decide they wouldn't like to transition for a plethora of reasons, but some would kill themselves if they were announced if it was impossible.

Besides, scientifically speaking, it's not an illness because it is something that exists since birth. You do not develop these kind of things. However, they appear at some points in life, and then the choice is either to accept or repress.

That's basically it.
>>
>>5801115
>Then what is it, an anal illness?
the anus of an MtF trans person is actually a malformed vagina
>>
>>5801069
If you don't give diet pills to anorexic people, why can you give heart medication to old people ?
>>
>>5801088
>Implying GID isn't a disorder
It's like if you encouraged a schizo to have those multiple personalities grow
>>
If a trans person takes medicine and gets surgeries to live as their preferred gender, they live a relatively normal and healthy life. If you gave an anorexic person diet pills, they'd be very likely to die. Same reason why >>5801132 is a poor argument (even setting aside that they don't know what schizophrenia is). Feeding into a schizophrenic's delusions makes them likely to hurt themselves and others, which is why the generally accepted treatment is not that.
>>
>>5801115
Treatment is voluntary and helps them be comfortable and improves mental health overall.
>>
>>5801147
Yep, this.
>>
>>5801147
Transitioning has a very high rate of suicides after
Who am I kidding, it's a tranny trying to rationalize their existence
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 777x432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 777x432
>>5801169
>>
>>5801180
What's edgier?
Mocking trannies on the internet or throwing your life away because you feel like you want to be a pretty girl?
Trannies like you are abhorrent not because they mutilate their bodies, but because of the plethora of other mental illnesses and personality faults that come with it
I'd tell you to kill yourself but you will anyway since you don't "pass"
>>
>>5801195
kek I'm ftm, nice try though. We're here when you're ready to come out mate
>>
>>5801210
>Everyone is a tranny
I love this meme
>>
>>5801069
Anorexic: Does not eat.
You give diet pills to the person: Makes it worse. Maybe they die too.

Trans: Wants to be another sex.
HRT: Works without major physical harm.

I see no problem, you can die in one and it's proven being unhealthy. Let me try this.

Why can't you give cyanide to people with suicidal thoughts, when you can give aspirin to someone with a headache? They both work and they both want it hurr durr
>>
>>5801169
If you're referring to the stat I think you are, that only compared post-op people to a general population. I've looked for studies about suicide rates among only trans people who are pre-HRT, on HRT, pre-op, and post-op, and I have been unable to find any such study.
>>
>>5801069
I've got ana and take est, do I get a prize?

Ephedrine diet pills will kill an already underweight person. Hrt for boys is about the safest thing ever http://www.bu.edu/news/2015/03/03/study-finds-hormone-therapy-in-transgender-adults-safe/
>>
>>5801069
Because it's medically accepted.
>>
>>5801271
That "more transpeople kill themselves after transition" stat makes no sense, if a transgirl randomly kills them self before they transition we don't even know they are trans unless they left a note about it since most of them are in the closet.

It'll be grossly unreported.
>>
>>5801195
>I don't like this thing that the world psychiatric association and dsm agree for treatment on
>I'm so le enlightened
>>
>>5801210
Your not wrong
>>
>>5801129
I can see what you're getting at but that's not at the same level as what op is talking about, you fucking tard.
>>
because diet pills would kill someone who's underweight and HRT more often than not saves a trans person's life
that argument is retarded
>>
>>5801906
it is because OP is also comparing two completely unrelated things that have different causes and different treatments. if you can't understand that, i don't know how to break it to you, but you're retarded.
>>
>>5802072
Learn to read
>>
That's not an interesting argument, that's a false equivalence.
>>
>>5802110
clarify then because it is at the "same level" for the reasons i named.
>>
>>5801229
This.

This fucking argument makes me rage more than just about any other. I don't know how anyone could be so mentally handicapped as to think that a disease that, without intervention or cessation of behaviors, will lead directly to death (and soon, not decades away) is equivalent to being trans. Granted, I'm hugely biased because I was living with 1.5 feet in the grave with anorexia before I finally decided to come out and start transitioning, and starting HRT has literally saved my life.
>>
>>5802290
>Granted, I'm hugely biased because I was living with 1.5 feet in the grave with anorexia before I finally decided to come out and start transitioning, and starting HRT has literally saved my life.
it's ok. the other side is usually hugely biased too only that their bias isn't even based on personal experience with the subject but on their feels.
>>
>>5801169
>citation needed
>>
>>5801069
Because they're different conditions, and require different treatments.

>>5801115
Being trans isn't a disorder. Gender dysphoria is a neurological disorder that often occurs in trans people however.

>>5801169
The suicide rate is higher WITHOUT transitioning. Transition isn't the CAUSE of the suicides. It's like saying treating people for gunshot wounds is what kills them, rather than the wounds themselves.
>>
Anorexics have a mental condotion that shows up in brain scans, and causes people to starve themselves.

Transgenderism is classified as a physical condition because the.brain scan show as normal for their gender identity, not their birth sex. Their bodies tend to function better mentally and physically with HRT, the suicide rate drops substantially as well. Also important to note is that trans people in supportive environmemts allowed to transition freely are near indistinguishable from the general population in terms of depression, suicidal thoughts, etc.
>>
>>5801069
Because if you give diet pills to certain anorexic people they will get a heart attack and die. Giving hrt to trannies isn't deadly.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.