[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can LGBT and the BLM movement make an alliance and form together
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 13
File: BLM.jpg (2 MB, 4023x2754) Image search: [Google]
BLM.jpg
2 MB, 4023x2754
Can LGBT and the BLM movement make an alliance and form together as one?

Gay lives matter and black lives matter and I think it's time we add not only Pansexuals and Asexuals to LGBT but Black Lives Matter as well. The LGBT movement should fight for all disenfranchised peoples.

I propose we amend LGBT to be LGBTQQIAAPBLM

Lesbian
Gay
Bisexual
Transgendered
Queer
Questioning
Intersexed
Allies
Asexual
Pansexual
Black Lives Matter

What say you that we take up with our black brothers and sisters and join forces?
>>
File: bait intensifies.gif (79 KB, 601x602) Image search: [Google]
bait intensifies.gif
79 KB, 601x602
I can't even a witty comment.
>>
File: tumblr_nr732nyV1x1tr57s7o1_400.jpg (31 KB, 400x254) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nr732nyV1x1tr57s7o1_400.jpg
31 KB, 400x254
>>5782754
>is my son next?
>>
makes me laugh every time

>commit violent crime
>get shot
>he wuz good boy he dindu nuffin
>>
>>5782754
Don't the Black Lives Matter movement and the LGBT movement both want the same thing?
>>
>>5782754
Is this a joke? A lot of gay bashings are made by niggers, which considering how much of a minority they are shows how they will go out of their way to hunt us. The whole BLM is stupid in principle, you can't end discrimination by focusing in one race.
>>
>>5783965
That's just propaganda by the right wing media to keep the minorities from uniting and rising up together and demanding equal rights.
>>
I don't have black people but I do hate people who fight for their own rights by making the rights of others unimportant
>>
>>5782754
Dont we arent athiest+ or modern feminists.
>>
>>5784023
Of course you don't have black people, slavery was ended long ago.
>>
>>5784020
Again you must be either joking or baiting, it's impossible for minorities to unite when they don't respect each other, and many times don't respect themselves. Besides, each group has different objectives.
>>
File: 1343733963838.jpg (38 KB, 800x683) Image search: [Google]
1343733963838.jpg
38 KB, 800x683
>>5784023
>I don't have black people
>>
File: 1428080636313.png (62 KB, 1131x1133) Image search: [Google]
1428080636313.png
62 KB, 1131x1133
>>5782754
>Can we join the people who commit the most hate crimes against us

Fuck off #alllivesmatter, and take your mens 50% AIDs rate with you.
>>
>>5782754
When too many movements with different goals and focuses join together it just becomes a convoluted mess. People eventually start confusing what the movement is even for. Sticking T with LGB is already a stretch.

If you support both movements, then by all means do so. Just do it as an individual.
>>
File: enhanced-10348-1417635756-24.jpg (85 KB, 625x469) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-10348-1417635756-24.jpg
85 KB, 625x469
>>5783482
Das right!
>>
>>5782754
Fuck off Trudeau.
>>
File: figures.jpg (20 KB, 200x246) Image search: [Google]
figures.jpg
20 KB, 200x246
>>5784083
>we hate people
>>
>>5784056

This. BLM are a bunch of idiots.

Blacks are mostly making their own beds, but want to blame "the white man" if it's not as comfortable as someone else's.

As long as blacks play the victim card and expect things to be handed to them instead of taking a hard look at themselves they'll never amount to anything.
>>
File: 1454910368100.jpg (929 KB, 840x3733) Image search: [Google]
1454910368100.jpg
929 KB, 840x3733
Daily reminder
>>
>>5782754
I don't think it really makes sense, given that BLM is about race, not sexuality or gender. No one ever assumes that being black is the same as being gay or trans, or vice versa. And I don't think Allies being added to the acronym makes sense, since that's circular reasoning - they're defined BY their support of the other letters, but aren't a gender or sexual minority themselves. And queer is really an alternate term for the whole thing, so it doesn't make sense to be in the acronym. I'm okay with changing it to LGBTQIA though.

>>5783495
There are cases of the police using UNNECESSARY force. If the police arrest someone, and they go without resisting, and they end up dead, then it's definitely a case of police brutality.

>>5784023
I don't think "black lives matter" is really equivalent to saying "non-black lives don't matter". It's more of a reminder that black lives DO matter, just like those of every other race. The reason they don't like "all lives matter" isn't because they disagree that all lives matter, but rather that it detracts from giving black lives specifically the attention they need.

>>5784056
>>Can we join the people who commit the most hate crimes against us
I thought that was the Muslims? Make up your mind, /polgbt/
>>
>>5784098
Dying in custody (unless they were trying to escape) is a red flag for police brutality.
>>
>>5784114
The thing is that they're not about police brutality in general. When it comes to police brutality they're specifically talking about white cops attacking unarmed and non-threatening black people. This black guy might have been killed by black cops and they used it as an excuse to start a debate about race. There are plenty of cases of racist white cops pulling crap on black people who actually did nothing wrong, but the fact that BLM is trying to skew the facts of what happened in this case shows that they're not interested in what is and isn't real.
>>
File: just woodstock my shit up.png (29 KB, 93x99) Image search: [Google]
just woodstock my shit up.png
29 KB, 93x99
>BLM
>anything but a complete joke
>>
>>5784105
>detract from the attention they need

Excuse me but blacks are the most overrepresented minority in America they have gotten nonstop coverage from news media/social media, how do they need more attention? And isn't hilarious how "all lives matter" has become vilified and apparently hateful? Can't wait for future generations to laugh at this shit
>>
File: ad.png (2 MB, 1260x847) Image search: [Google]
ad.png
2 MB, 1260x847
>>5784220
Blacks always need to be the center of attention. Whenever something is not "diverse" enough all that means is that there's not enough black people. Asians, Arabs, Indians (feather and dot), Maori and everyone else don't matter. You'll see major sports teams that are or almost racially homogeneous but because it's all black people it's considered diverse. Apparently no one thinks it's racist that there are so few Asian football players but when there are only few black Actors it's because of racial bigotry. Which, again, the whole #OscarsTooWhite bs is about black people. No one is calling it too white because of a lack of Arabs or anyone else. Pic related and rant over
>>
>>5784220
Again, it's not the NOTION of all lives mattering that they have an issue with, it's that it's intended to detract the notion that police brutality against blacks is a serious issue people need to be made aware of. It's the equivalent of fighting for gay and trans rights and people keep interrupting you and saying "Cishet people have problems too, why do you insist on focusing on gay marriage and ignoring the problems of straight people?"
>>
>>5784943
>detracts the notion that police brutality is a serious issue against blacks

So this only applies to blacks, isn't it important to cover all police brutality not one racial group that hogs the spotlight and don't you think that it's impossible to detract from now since it's everywhere in the media, internet, even presidential rallies and speeches are interrupted by blm activists, the more important question is why hasn't the name been changed to "black lives that can be used to push an agenda matter" I guess all the other underrepresented minorities that are drowned out by the constant screeching can screw themselves
>>
>>5784083
>token self-hating whitey
>>
>>5784943
Also false equivalence gay marriage is a right denied to gay people that straight people already had, police brutality is something that can affect ANYONE, like what rights to white people have that blacks don't?
>>
>>5784943
>cishet people have problems too why focus on gay marriage while ignoring the problems of straight people

Literally I've never heard anyone say this. most of the arguments against gay marriage was that it would negatively impact society and that it was immoral, like how is this even comparable to blm?
>>
>>5782754
>Is my son next?
I don't know, is he a criminal thug?
>>
You guys do know that BLM was started by a bunch of black queer women right? They actively trash all homophobic and transphobic "woke" people and have supported black trans struggles.

It may shock you people but you can be black and lgbtq at the same time.
>>
>>5785023
>>5785029
It's based on the perception (whether true or not) that police brutality against black people is ignored and not taken seriously. Which means, although all police brutality is bad, it's necessary to focus on police brutality against blacks, until people start acknowledging that it's a serious problem. That's the reasoning at least.
>>
>>5785335
[citation needed]
>>
File: 1455822147942.png (264 KB, 380x458) Image search: [Google]
1455822147942.png
264 KB, 380x458
team up with a bunch of violent homophobic thugs that are angry all of the damn time? This must be a jest
>>
>>5785335
but the "lives" in question are mostly homophobic black dudes
>>
>>5785335
I know that. I also know that there's been some internal struggle within the Black Lives Matter movement recently because those black queer founders were upset at the black straight majority that runs the movement now that was saying that queers and their issues don't matter, that only straight black people matter.

Black Lives Matter, as a movement, quit mattering to me the moment they let straight people in it. Which was years and years ago, long before they were ever famous enough that anybody ever heard of them.
>>
>>5782754
BLM is homophobic, and have attacked LGBT people at pride.

Black lives don't matter, only people's whose life matters matter. If you're a violent murdering lunatic, your life doesn't matter.
>>
>>5785335
Proving that the queers victim complex is almost as bad as the nig nogs.
>>
>>5786333
Talking like a straight is a lot less impressive then you think it is.
>>
>>5785335
So "queer" black women are suddenly infallible?
>>
>>5786324
This
>>
>>5785335
All the more reason to add BLM to LGBT.
>>
>>5783965
>>5784020
>>5784096
>>5784105
“Trauma begets trauma”, just google it.

In many northern European countries they treat the whole family when they find a troubled youth. Not only is the youth evaluated and treated, but the rest of the troubled youth’s family is also treated to teach then how not to traumatize the youth again. Here in the US, we just give the kid detention, or expel the kid from school. They break the cycle of violence, we let it go on to create new generations of problem youth. If you want a drop in violence, then you must get to the root causes. Locking people up doesn't solve that.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.