[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that people 23 and older can't stand 18 year olds?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Why is it that people 23 and older can't stand 18 year olds?
>>
Nobody can stand people younger than them.
>>
>>5769247
immaturity!!!
>>
>>5769247
I can stand some of them. Many teenagers are completely absorbed in themselves and don't stop to take the perspective of someone else. But the ones who can are pretty chill. I love how into life they can be, it's cute. Most 20 something's I know have already had their dreams crushed lol
>>
>>5769350
>completely absorbed
This
>>
Psychologically speaking the older you get the quicker time passes so age differences seem less extreme.
That's why during that movie The Man From Earth he felt like 1000 years passed as quick as a day. It's a real psychological phenomena and that as you age time appears to pass quicker, similar to how certain psychedelics reverse that effect and cause time to go slower.
>>
At those young ages the gap in maturity is astronomical even though it's only five years' difference
>>
Really? When I was 18 I found that older guys liked me a lot
>>
Because when you're a 18 you don't know how annoying, naive and generally twattish you are being.

And you don't see it when you're 15.

Or when you're 30.

Or when you're 60 even.

For example where I work we have a bunch of 14-16 year old girls that come from a local school because they are falling behind. Holy fucking shit they're annoying. They yelling shit at each other, laughing like fucking horses because what someone said was the funniest thing ever and then stomping out of class in tears because of something someone else said.

They're kids, they don't get the effect they have on their environment and how other people perceive them.
>>
>>5769247
Source?
>>
>>5769626
Only if you associate with idiots.
>>
>>5771057
Because they just wanted your young boypussy.
>>
>>5769247
You'll find out in five years.
>>
>>5769247
I'm 21 And I can'y stand anyone younger that 30

They're all so imnature its almost disgusting
>>
They just seem dumber in general.
>>
as a 23-year-old who was once an 18-year-old, i can confirm that they are the worst demographic besides children
>>
18 year olds are little narcissistic fucks
>>
They are basically children, though they can call themselves adults now. They just got out of living with their parents and going to high school, so they have nothing to talk about.

Any time they talk about their opinions, those opinions are based on absolutely nothing because they haven't been an adult yet. So when 18 year olds start strongly stating "people should live like this", "people shouldn't do that", etc. it's really fucking obnoxious.
>>
>>5769350
>Most 20 something's I know have already had their dreams crushed lol
a feel i and my friends know all too well
>>
>>5771201
90% of the human race is composed of idiots, higher depending on the country.
>>
>>5769247
They remind them of themselves, I believe.
>>
Because they still have a childish mentality, this is why I generally go for people older than myself. I like maturity.
>>
Your frontal lobe does not have adequate development until most of the way through your second wave of puberty. If you're younger than 25, your brain isn't even done yet. You're a moron. You need to come to terms with that.
>>
>>5771936

and the other 10% is morons
>>
>>5771491
Opinions should be based on reason, not life-experience. Only unintellectual plebs would think otherwise.
>>
>>5772719
Brain starts decaying after about 23, though. It's all downhill from there.
>>
>>5769247
Is this an american thing? I admit, the few times I've visited the US everyone was like a little naive puppy, even the older people.
>>
Despite being at peak lifetime sexual attractiveness, people from about 18-25 or so generally don't know anything about anything. The exceptions that exist are rare enough to simply reinforce that rule.

Doesn't mean I don't still want to mount them, though.
>>
We think it makes us look more mature if we shit on people who remind us of how fun life used to be.

I don't really have a problem with them, I just assume that they're still in their sexual exploratory period, whereas I want to settle down with someone.
>>
File: 1377212089451.gif (1 MB, 223x200) Image search: [Google]
1377212089451.gif
1 MB, 223x200
>>5780203
>there should be a 90% income tax
>have you ever payed taxes
>no
sometimes retarded opinions come from a lack of experience in the real world
>>
People who have no personal accomplishments to speak of get a self-esteem boost from thinking themselves superior to others.

Younger people are an easy outlet for this impulse, because they often shit things up with their rash decisions and lack of experience.

I for one don't engage in this behavior, because it feels very nice to be respected by younger people and be a positive influence on them.

Plus, experience is relative. There are definitely 18yos who have have crammed a lot of experience into their short years.

Plus I want to fuck some of them, and it generally helps not to be an asshole to whom you want to fuck, unless their into that.
>>
>>5769247
Because most teenagers are children that lack life experience and know far less than they think. I dislike them but I'm sure we all remember the stupid cringey shit we said and did when we were that age, even when we thought we were being mature and reasonable.
>>
I'm 26... and I just find it hard to relate with people who are 18-19. Being fresh out of high school, their life experience, way of thinking, etc. are so far removed from my own.

It's not that I don't stand them... they're just like an alien species to me.
>>
>>5769247
They are living uncomfortable reminders of how fucking stupid they were at that age.
>>
>>5769247
I'm 27, but I've found that I like to be around younger people. Those my age (and a bit older) that I know tend to have generally boring, rigid personalities and joke like outdated 90s shock jocks as if that's the pinnacle of wit and edge. Their imaginations stopped, their growth stopped, their dreams committed suicide, and they've become complacent in their malaise. The new parents are even more insufferable, as if a broken condom automatically turns them into an omniscient fucking philosopher and theologian when they were re-enacting scenes from jackass and shotgunning domestic beer "to show these kids how it's done" barely the year before. Older people throughout time have had this illusion that they're automatically tougher, smarter and more insightful than all of the people born after them and that has almost never been true, especially now with practically every iota of information humanity has gathered about the universe accessible through voice command anywhere you are at any time. I find it's mostly bitterness, because they fear getting old and deal with that fear by aimlessly shit-talking about how superior they are to young people. The people who complain the most about getting old tend to be the ones who complain about "the youth" the most.
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 700x676) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 700x676
>>5771409
What do you count as children? Because I see 14-16 year olds to be pretty damn intolerable.
>>
>>5780203

Your intellectual error consists in supposing the two categories to be mutually exclusive, which is a false choice. In the pursuit of truth, there exist both situations where common sense, or "experience" breaks down and is therefore not to be trusted... There exist many more situations where experience, buttressed by science, do in fact bear out what simple daily observation had already suggested.

In particular, most very young people, although energetic, really don't know much about the details of adult life. And exceptions to this just go to prove the rule by their rarity, as has been said. Furthermore, I"m not that other guy/person.

When the sun comes up every 24 hours, it is reasonable to order your life based upon that entirely reasonable assumption, which becomes a conclusion. When a cold winter sets in every year, usually starting in earnest on or around November, it is reasonable to have your car looked at and to get a flu shot in October. And when eight out of ten 19-year-olds only know what's on the television or whatever game is on their phones these days, or "dude Bernie LMAO", it is reasonable to dismiss their opinions as a statistical group. This is not the abdication of reason, but the application of it.
>>
>>5782951
You might just be undeveloped for your age
>>
>>5769247
I like teenagers, but not in a way they can appreciate. When I'm talking with someone half my age, I can't help think she could be my daughter, so I tend to be maternal, which is definitely not what the 18 year olds who flirt with me are seeking.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.