[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do we think of transgender people who are comfortable with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
What do we think of transgender people who are comfortable with their genitalia? Is it valid to call oneself trans and transition, but still keep their genitals?
>>
you worry about calling other people transgender as well as being called trans yourself, hon. i'll worry about living my life as a woman and making the choice for what i do with my genitals private.
>>
>>5737149
You mean femboys?
>>
>>5737154
This. There is nothing "male" about having a penis. Fuck off, OP
>>
>>5737156
No, plenty of non-op mtfs identify as women. They're not the same thing as femboys.
>>
>>5737158
I agree with that. I'm just gauging for an opinion.
>>
>>5737149
You're thinking of it all wrong. Either way, you're not going to have a real vagina. It's axe-wound fake vagina vs shrunken HRT penis. I'll take shrunken HRT penis until techniques improve on SRS.
>>
>>5737171
>not the same
How?
>>
Thankfully we live in day and age were penis doesn't necessarily equate to "man" so I don't feel all that dysphoric about it. I'm not totally in love with it either, I guess I just don't mind it I guess. I would've had srs by now if things were a bit more advanced. I'm gonna wait a few more years just to see if any advancements are made and then by the time I'm 21 THEN I will get srs regardless of how far things have advanced.
>>
>>5737149
Sure. Why not?
If she's fine with her penis, then that's fine.
>>
>>5737149
Your transition is not complete until SRS. Non-ops are femboys. Otherwise they're just waiting for SRS for whatever reason. >>5737178
>until techniques improve on SRS.
This is a quite popular reason.
>>
>>5737190
>Thankfully we live in day and age were penis doesn't necessarily equate to "man"
I want tumblr to leave and never come back.
>>
>>5737184
Femboys don't identify as female, and generally don't try to pass 100% as women.
>>
>>5737175
>not realizing the subtle troll

AGPs aren't so bright
>>
File: 1371731017252.jpg (109 KB, 580x985) Image search: [Google]
1371731017252.jpg
109 KB, 580x985
>>5737158
>There is nothing "male" about having a penis.
Are we this deep into social justice and abstract fee fees that we can't admit that having a penis is almost always a male trait? Like 99.9% of the population that has penises are men, so why the fuck are you doing these mental gymanstics to validate your own identity? Just accept you have a guyish trait and find comfort in other stuff.
>>
>>5737528
If a penis belongs to a man then it is a male penis.

If a penjs belongs to a woman then it is a female penis and there is nothing male about it.
>>
>>5737149
honestly that means they have less dysphoria to deal with. good for them. I can't find it in myself to wish this shit on anybody
>>
>>5737613
>assigned male: the comic

you are literally delusional. trannies want their bodies changed because their brain is fucked up and was supposed to match female parts. trying to say penises have no gender is both transphobic and retarded.

otherwise, how is someone a woman? if it's not their parts, what is it? dresses and long hair? oh wait...that's gender roles...
>>
>>5737632
>how is someone a woman?
Their brains tell them what they are. Sometimes the brain says the penis has to go, sometimes it doesn't mind it. In that case the penis is feminine because it is recognized by the female brain as such
>>
>>5737158
>currently comfortable with penis
>this kind of logic makes me lol
i guess i'm a hypocrite
>>
>>5737676
What??? Female brain = wanting a female body. Penises are biologically male. What you describe is a type of non-binary, a mixed brain map, which is rare as fuck. it sounds like you're labelling brains female and male as these vague general terms without actually being able to define what they mean.
>>
>>5738047
So you think non-binary is a thing over just accepting sometimes brains get fucked up? I mean, if a woman's brain can be in a male body, then it makes sense that it can also fuck up and accept having a penis. More sense than the fuckhattery that is being non-binary anyway.
>>
>>5737149
they're called transtrenders
>>
>>5737676
My brain tells me I'm a wolf

Aroooo~!
>>
>>5738092
Even when they otherwise have gender dysphoria? Genital dysphoria is not required for a diagnosis.
>>
>>5737149
>What do we think of transgender people who are comfortable with their genitalia?
Weird, and creepy. But, there are women who are into fucked up stuff, like there are women who actually peg their bfs.

>Is it valid to call oneself trans and transition, but still keep their genitals?
Of fucking course.

Is it valid to be trans if you're not rich? Fucking retarded you are.
Is it valid to be trans if you have keloid scaring???
>>
>>5738083
i only look at gender identity as a biological thing. a wholly female brain expects wholly female body, meaning a vagina, breasts and all that. someone whose brain accepts a penis but wants the rest can be called a "girl" in society because that's what they mostly are. but they're biologically non-binary because the brain isn't all female.

in reality since this phenomenon is SO rare, lots of the "lov my penis but i wanna be a girl" is because of social influence...men aren't allowed to be feminine so they feel they have to be girls to get access to that. or trans girls that aren't happy with SRS so they end up keeping a penis, while not wanting one.
>>
>>5738094
That's your mind, not your brain.
And you should seek help for it.
>>
>>5738094
>r
>>
>>5738106
A partially female brain would be intersexed, not non-binary.
>>
>>5738126
yeah, that's more correct. substitute the words and i mean the same thing though.
>>
>>5738105
>weird and creepy
I'd consider them pretty realistic actually. Not wanted to annihilate and transform one's genitals into a mash of bleeding flesh seems pretty logical and not weird to me.

>there are women who actually peg their bfs
You consider pegging to be fucked up? I thought cis het couples were all about this these days
>>
>>5738095
Yes.

>genital dysphoria
transgender
>no genital dysphoria
transtrender/AGP
>>
>>5738147
>Not wanted to annihilate and transform one's genitals into a mash of bleeding flesh seems pretty logical and not weird to me.
Which is a completely different thing from being comfortable with a penis.

>You consider pegging to be fucked up? I thought cis het couples were all about this these days
Yes, it's fucked up. Men are supposed to be strong and dominant, not wimpy little faggots.
>>
>>5738151
Why though? Why are genitals the end be all for gender stuff for you?
No one other than sex partners see them, but everyone sees your face and body. If they have gender dysphoria, a person is trans.
>>
>>5738164
>different thing from being comfortable with a penis
It's not different at all because you learn to be comfortable with your penis through realizing how horrible the alternative is.

>Men are supposed to be strong and dominant, not wimpy little faggots.
Please, this is /lgbt/. Take your infantile understanding of men elsewhere.
>>
I’m not convinced I’ll be satisfied with surgery; or rather, I’m scared that the results not being 100% perfect will make me more dysphoric than before.

So you make do and be glad Japanese people like drawing petite girls with dicks.
>>
>>5738242
>It's not different at all because you learn to be comfortable with your penis through realizing how horrible the alternative is.
>learn to be comfortable with male body parts
Then why not just learn to be comfortable with the rest of your male body? I mean the alternative to is transitiuoning and turning your male body into a half male half female body which looks weird. Most trannys still look like males after hrt anyway so it seems pointless desu.
>>
>>5737154
there are valid reasons for trans people not to get srs, heres a few examples...

fear of surgery
fear of the end result as being worse than what they currently have
dont have money or coverage for it
feel that a neo vagina is just a cheap imitation to the real deal
think that neo vaginas dont look at all natural.

i myself am still pre-op for a few reasons...
I think many neo vaginas look horrible, and its a crapshoot if your surgeon can actually give you a good result.
Although i hate having a penis, i like having sex and feeling good while having sex. my concern is if i get srs i loose sensitivity and sexual functionality, and overall make sex less enjoyable. what if i can never orgasm again.
If it doesnt turn out to be as amazing as some people crack it up to be, there is no going back.
Money is also somewhat a concern for me.

overall it is my choice, and even though i hate what i currently have it, serves a certain function and at the very least it works in that regard.

Alse why is it such a big concern of some trans people to seek the invalidation of others "transness"

Sometimes i feel being trans is like a competition for some people to be the most trans possible.
>>
>>5737149
I like my penis to go away
its small and the only use for it is peeing and using it like a sex toy and feel no pleasure from it
My ass isn't sensitive at all so its hard to feel pleasure from it
I just would like to get srs or magically turn my dick into a pussy
>>
>>5738047
Female brain means you experience gender dysphoria, which may or may not include genital dysphoria
>>
Being able to cope with your genitals is different from liking them. I imagine for several reasons, a lot of trans people are forced to accept and cope with their genitalia to a degree, because they believe the surgical options available aren't effective enough to properly fix their genital dysphoria, or because they can't afford said surgeries in the first place. I mean, this especially goes for trans men, whose surgery options are largely terrible.

But of course, when a 'trans' person says they love their dick, I vomit a little inside.
>>
>>5737528
It's not mental gymnastics, you're just really bad at biology. Phenotype is plastic, and genitals are not a guarantee of chromosomal expression. Just because you're uncomfortable with genetic breakthroughs and epigenetic understanding we've made in the last several decades doesn't mean the science isn't there, the models aren't accepted, and the words aren't accurate. You're just ignorant of them.

And that's pretty fucking stupid, considering information is easy to get on the internet, and you have such a firm opinion placed upon such shaky ground.

Male = XY = Man = Penis, Female = XX = Woman = Vagina is a shorthand, a drastic simplification taught to kids like when they're told gravity is two bodies attracting each other. It's not actually that at all, but it works as a crude introduction that will work for most cases in their lives until they can understand the real deal.

>>5738094
We have structures we can point at that show a masculinized brain, and a feminized brain. We also have cases of intersexuality that occur only in scattered places in the body, as well as an entire systemic characteristic. We have models for describing how the brain can be solely intersex, and places to point to where a masculinized brain has feminized features and vice versa. Sometimes this occurs in places of the brain that determine self-identity, body dimensions, and so forth. This extremely rare last case -- a fraction of a percent of the population -- is what transgender people have to operate under.

If you would like to show a logical basis and biological markers for a human being having the nervous system of a wolf, feel free. The scientific community will be startled, but excited, and you will change the lives of many people and force transfolk to accept your idea by the same method they understand themselves. But until then, your comparison is a crock of shit and based on nothing except the most superficial understanding. That makes you retarded, anon. Not them.
>>
Pretty much normal and healthy since the surgery is painful and riddled with complications, and could possibly cause all loss of sensation and never having an orgasm again. But you'd better be willing to fucking use it if you want any chance with dating anyone who is OK with you having it.
>>
>>5737149
No, they're fetishists
>>
IDK, I'm mtf, feel bad about my dick, am scheduled for surgery, feel bad it's not done yet, am realistic that it won't be perfect but its what I'm going to do and I'll be able to cope with the imperfections at that level.

For people who want to keep it, I don't understand, but I live and let live. I mean, I'll give opinions on it case by case if they ask me for an opinion.

I think it's easier to just be chill and nice to everyone, and find people who can share the good and bad times with me and vice versa. Usually ultra mega sad people are a drag, or are super deluded and obsessed about "legitimacy" don't end up making good friends for me, but it's not like I need to rip on them to feel good about myself.

I guess I mean, I don't lie or play along with people at all, and I speak my mind pretty clearly on stuff, and I'm fine with others doing the same. I even have one friend who is like literally a My Little Pony otherkin, it's super weird but whatever we get along. Like, I am pretty clear that I don't think species dysphoria is a medical phenomenon nor is there a real parallel between it and transsexuality. Conversations with her seem to go more like: me-how was your day, her-feel bad about body, me-yeah me too but how was work?

You don't have to be intellectually on the same page with someone to be able to have a pleasant interaction with them. I don't think that femboys/ dickgirls/ otherkins are precisely the same thing as what I am desu, and I don't get along with ones who are dependent on me to drink the kool-aid and validate their "legitimacy." I'd rather have friends than enemies though. Similarly I can be friends with someone who doesn't buy into the rationale behind my transition, if they'll have me as a friend and not pester me constantly about it.

Y'all get too mad about this meaningless shit.
>>
>>5737203
From a legal standpoint, most areas accept an orchiectomy as full completion of transition, some are even more lax and don't even require that.

I'm a non-op (the one you're quoting) and I think calling us femboys is fucking retarded. I still hate my penis but I'm willing to live with it because I feel like a shitty fake vagina would only remind me even more of how I don't have one, and how if techniques improved I'd likely be fucked out of getting a better surgery due to having a mangled crotch.

Having an orchie IMO is full completion. There is nothing about getting a mangled axe wound disgusting, shitty looking fake vagina that makes you more of a woman than someone who chooses to just remove the balls, but lives as a woman and looks like one.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.