[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't a group of trans people and/or allies come together
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1452324914531.jpg (46 KB, 730x433) Image search: [Google]
1452324914531.jpg
46 KB, 730x433
Why haven't a group of trans people and/or allies come together to help transmen and women with the financial side of monitored, safe transitioning? It seems to me that the reason a lot of uninsured trans people (especially MTF) resort to self-meddling because of the high costs of seeing a qualified therapist. I feel like that shouldn't be a thing in 2016.

I know for FTM, there is a foundation for helping to cover the costs of top surgery (and maybe bottom surgery/hysto?). That's pretty cool, imo, but I think it'd be great for something more inclusive to help cover the costs of seeing a therapist and hormones and SRS for all trans people.

What gives, society?
>>
>>5707090
Why haven't you done it yourself? Be an activist. Fundraise. Wave the flag of social justice and get some shekels thrown to you. Or, just sit here and shitpost about your feels and how society's bad for not helping people with a thing like this.
>>
>>5707090
>I feel like that shouldn't be a thing in 2016.

CURRENT YEAR
U
R
R
E
N
T

Y
E
A
R
>>
>>5707090

>In a world where money needs to be raised to fight real diseases like Ebola, Cancer and AIDS, why haven't people raised money to help people fulfill a sexuality issue?

It's a mystery OP.
>>
>>5707756
why do people only use that arguement to keep from helping people but when it comes to where our money is actually getting spent they dont bat an eye
>>
File: image.jpg (215 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
215 KB, 1200x1600
>>5707090
I think that you are minimizing the spread of trans folk in the US, not to mention the fact that many trans folk are just trying to make the payments of therapy, HRT, & top and bottom surgeries on their own.

Even if one was to set up a committee to help out in one of the LGBT Cores, it would be super expensive at the beginning. There's a reason that non-profits are founded by one wealthy benefactor or a fairly large organization. And seeing how the general census still has squicky feelings when it comes to trans, it would be hard to gain traction in terms of fundraising.

That is to say, it's not impossible, but incredibly daunting to most.
>>
>>5707756
You seem to be the one with a delusion that you're a doctor and your feels are the same as actual medicine and science.
>>
>>5707827
Because it's just an excuse to shit on something they don't like.
>>
>there is a foundation for helping to cover the costs of top surgery

more details on this pls
>>
>>5707090
You'd probably have more luck trying to increase medical awareness and legal protections to work against parents turning their tranny kids out on the street before they can even finish highschool and become an adult, also getting trans health insurance coverage back after conservative christians and radical feminists got it banned with a smear campaign and literal lies from a place of supposed authority. There's also housing and employment discrimination protection so trannies can't lose their homes and jobs at the drop of a hat because a bigot feels like it. Working to stop police discrimination against trannies wouldn't hurt either.

Really you have a whole systemic issue of discrimination at every level on your hands which leads to them not having money for transition even though the costs are relatively small in the big picture of healthcare costs.
>>
>>5707090
genderhealthcenter.org

they exist, just have to look for them in big cities generally.
>>
>>5708089
you seem to be the one with a delusion that all the stuff he listed isn't more important than tranny surgery
>>
there's a shitton of people on tumblr asking for handouts, often for transition stuff but also just rent/bills etc. some obviously don't get much, but some moderately popular people get hundreds or even thousands of dollars in donations. i think a lot of trans people who "make it" past transition are especially sympathetic to those who are struggling.
>>
>>5707827
And how many rich transgender people do you know compared to rich cis men? That's what I thought.

>>5708092
Even so, if trans people had money to give it should be towards trans help because they of all people know that struggle, but that's not what happens.

You really can't tell people where to spend their money, only people with that money can choose to make that choice. That's why there are retards on DA and other art sites that spend hundreds and thousands of dollars on digital drawings.
>>
>>5711002
Or actual harmful shit like cigarettes, narcotics, and gambling.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.