[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lgbt/ First time posting on this board (call me what you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: I dunno.png (42 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
I dunno.png
42 KB, 400x400
Hey /lgbt/ First time posting on this board (call me what you will) But I have a question How would I go about coming out to my friends/family without making it uncomfortable/awkward for the both of us I believe my friends would accept me but my parents are very religious and hate the thought of any of there kids being Anything but straight, so... Help, Please?
>>
>>5700533
Just stare right at them while eating 23 tacos and once you are done tell them.
>>
>>5700661
That doesn't really help...
>>
Start with your most progressive friends and work backwards from there. Hopefully by this point you'll have at least a small support network. When you feel like you've got someone you can rely on, (Someone who will let you crash at there place if you get kicked out), try coming out to whoever in your family you think will be most supportive and then move forward from there. As for the actual act of telling someone, stare right at them while eating 23 tacos and once your done tell them.
>>
>>5700533
If your safety is in question then consider staying closeted until you're financially independent. Otherwise it's not really that complicated. Just do not come out to win an argument, and if you can help it do not come out on a holiday or birthday.

That said here's a ( http://emptyclosets.com/home/pages/resources/coming-out/coming-out-and-staying-out.php ) sort of 'coming out' FAQ and guide I found helpful when I was in your same spot a few years ago.
>>
>>5700984
What's with eating 23 tacos? and can I change out the tacos with something else? I don't really fancy them to be quite honest.
>>
>>5701127
Nope, 23 is for the number of chromosome pairs you have and tacos are there to symbolize that even though you're different, you're all still human. Eat your 23 tacos.
>>
File: oneTacoExtraSadnessPlease.jpg (47 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
oneTacoExtraSadnessPlease.jpg
47 KB, 960x640
>>5701127
It has to be tacos. You can choose your toppings though. I recommend tofu and garden vegetables, seeing you eat such a gay taco will make it easier when you tell them.
>>
>>5701363
does it have to be garden vegetables? Tofu I can stand but eh...
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.