[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>dad is super religious >always watching the Jesus channel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 500x500
>dad is super religious
>always watching the Jesus channel
>woke up early this morning and was praying out loud before work
>I had not gone to sleep yet
>"I pray that anon finds the help he needs to live a pure life free of mortal sin, and I find the strength to tell him things he doesn't want to hear, and he has the wisdom to change his ways for the sake of his soul."
>"lord please help him"
>"he is sick"
>"he doesn't know better"
>"lord heal him in both body, mind, and spirit"
>as he prayed I started crying
>I am not sick
>I do not need healing
>I am not yours to correct
>what right do you have to pray for me?
>tfw I'm not out to anyone, especially him
>he goes through my room when I am not around
>I stopped caring and just do me, if he wants to ruin his day by opening my tote ottoman that is on him not me
>why do I still feel guilty
>>
do you still love him OP?
>>
>>5579829
I do not judge him for his ignorance. He cannot help it. Doesn't make it any less infuriating or insulting but I cannot hold it against him. I do not wish him to change. I accept him for being a well intentioned but severely misguided individual.
>>
>>5579817
he loves you, but will never understand you op
>>
>>5579817
So what's in the tote ottoman anon?
>>
>>5579817
sounds really passive aggressive, maybe your dad is a faggot too
>>
ITT : self-centered retards, as usual on /lgbt/
If you can't understand an old man prays for the happiness of his son he sees going down a dangerous path, you're sociopathic. The world isn't black and white.
>>
>>5579846
My part time kit.
HRT, makeup, clothes, toys, receipts, endo tests, diary, art book, last words in case of the worst, weed, bong, some tasteful pictures I had taken a few months back of me in girl mode. And I note asking him not to go through my things because he wouldn't understand.
>>
>>5579889
See
>>5579838
>>
>>5579889
>If you can't understand
>you're sociopathic
>The world isn't black and white.
You have a lot to learn about how logic works.
>>
>>5579817
my Advice. get a job, self sustain, live alone. Its gonna be tough but worth it.
>>
>>5579903
Maybe OP is the misguided one and not his father ?

>>5579930
I don't, but nice argument here.
>>
>>5579817
a)move out stupid. go to a gay friendly region
b)he's your dad, you have no choice
c)learn to love and forgive and accept the pain
>like jesus amirite
d)move the fuck on ASAP there's nothing healthy for you here
>>
>>5579817
OP not to be that person but im sure your dad means well by praying for you, sure what he says may hurt but he wants the best for you, he does not know better.

'

also why did he say you are sick and you need healing if you are not out?
>>
>>5580410
Did you miss the contents of her tote?
>>
>>5580425
oh damn

sorry to hear :(
>>
>>5580431
also fixed my trip typo
>>
I want to move out but he just got out of a divorce and is really depressed. I have a salaried position so money isn't the issue, I am here because I'm afraid if he is alone he will try to kill himself. He says stuff to me like "you can stay as long as you need" and "maybe once you and femanon get a house I can finish the basement for you and move in!"

His memory is going too, he says atleast 10x a day that he is cold and I have to remind him there are blankets in the closet. I tried leaving them out but he just put them back then forgets about them.

He asked me if I was going to work at my high school job the other day :(
It's hard watching him get old.
>>
>>5581290
sorry, OP.
you're a good daughter.
>>
>>5581290
are you gonna find a boyfriend that was like him once he's gone?
>besides the whole anti-trans thing, of course
>>
>dad just wants the best for anon
No you idiots. He's just being a self-centered prick who doesn't actually want his child to be happy.
Instead he wants his child to live exactly the way he wants, regardless of his child's hopes and dreams.
>>
>>5581681
No I'm really afraid of men. Being alone with them in any context is viscerally disturbing. Even my therapist makes me uncomfortable, in an office with a big window and me sitting 5 feet from the door. If it wasn't for that maybe, but not one like him, that seems gross.
>>
>>5581930
you don't think you should figure out and fix why you're scared of half the world population, before you stop being one of them?
>>
>>5582138
Oh I know why. They have always been jerks to me because I am more femme. Even got beat for it at school on multiple occasions to 'toughen me up' by the football team but I think it was just a prank bro because it was kinda gay. Basically I was the football team's bitch through middle school. Idk why I kept hanging out with them, I never had IRL friends just online ones so I guess any friends would do even if they would do the things they did. But it was all just a prank so whatever.
>>
He has your best interests at heart...he wants you to live the best life you can. If you don't see that fundamentally, I do not know what to tell you.
>>
>>5579817

Your father is a fuccboi, like mine. But at least mine doesn't go through my shit.
>>
>>5581726
Someone's a bastard :/
>>
>>5579817
>>why do I still feel guilty
seems pretty obvious to me desu, your father is disappointed with you
>>
You should perform lewd acts on your father and video tape it for the internet to see to make it up to Jesus
>>
Maybe he saw the weed and is afraid you will become addicted to drugs.
>>
>>5579817
He loves you, op. But he'll never understand it accept you. It's time to move out :(
>>
>>5579817
wow being 15 years old as a complete faggot must be hard
>>
>>5579889
>ITT : self-centered retards, as usual on /lgbt/

Such as yourself? What exactly is self-centered about a son being heartbroken over his father praying for him to change his entire life? This is obviously painful for the both of them.
>>
lol faggot
>>
File: bugs bunny.jpg (37 KB, 642x672) Image search: [Google]
bugs bunny.jpg
37 KB, 642x672
>>5581726
you obviously don't know shit.

I came from a very religious family. They pray for me all the time and cry because they believe I am going to hell.

This is their deeply held belief. They really believe it is a mortal sin and since I am their son they want what is best for me.

I don't hate them for it. I just refuse to be there when they get in that mood. I will say "i need to go for a walk" and come back when they have somewhat calmed down.

So try to stop being such a drama queen and realize that if his dad didn't love him he wouldn't be praying for him.

Remember the opposite of love is not hate - it is indifference.

I am sorry your parents didn't give a shit about you and it shows.
>>
>>5583539
>So try to stop being such a drama queen and realize that if his dad didn't love him he wouldn't be praying for him.
There's a difference between loving your child and loving the /idea/ of your child, that is, the internal mental map of what you call "your child".
Quite often, especially in the case of LGBT kids in religious homes, the parents' idea of the child and their /actual child/ have significant, difficult-to-overcome differences, and once the child makes it known to the parents that they don't fit their parents' mental model of them, they have problems.

When the parents love the idea of their child more than their child, they end up kicked out of their homes or worse.
>>
>>5579817
Because, regardless of how stupid your dad or his beliefs are, you're still owning the fact that your life causes someone you love pain. It's his beliefs that are causing him pain, but you feel guilty because he's blaming a part of you for the way he feels about you, instead of owning up to the fact that your "sickness" is just a perception he has subscribed to.
>>
>>5583539
The opposite of love is actually fear.
>>
File: 1452762572963.jpg (77 KB, 873x655) Image search: [Google]
1452762572963.jpg
77 KB, 873x655
>>5583601
No. The opposite of Love (an emotion) is a lack of emotion (indifference).

There is a fine line between love and hate and fear lines up with those other two emotions.

Think of it this way. You are walking home and you see some creepy looking person starting to follow you. Like a normal person you fear what that creepy person has in mind for you.

So you run off and escape and then you are mad because that asshole caused you some mental anguish and you wish something bad to happen to that person.

Those are all emotions. Now the same scenario of you walking home and instead of a creepy guy you see a couple of kids on skateboards making a little bit of noise as they skate past you. You nod at them as they go by and then forget they existed 10 seconds later. That is indifference.
>>
>>5583880
>No. The opposite of Love (an emotion) is a lack of emotion (indifference).
Alright so this is absolute bullshit. The opposite of something isn't just "not something". The opposite of hot or cold isn't room temp, the opposite of 1 isn't 0, it's -1. The opposite of love is not indifference.

I will fight you over this I have heard that shit for years and I will never agree with it.
>>
>>5583582
>hurr christanity is stoopid
>reincarnation? seems logical to a spiritualist such as myself
>>
MOVE
O
V
E

THE
H
E

FUCK
U
C
K

O
U
T

seriously be an adult ffs you're a grown asss man or whatever take care of your self nobody like their parents until they are old

GET
E
T

O
U
T

you retard
>>
>>5584017
See
>>5581290
>>
>>5579817
You're a good kid.
>>
>>5584016
that post didn't mention anything about reincarnation anon
>>
>>5579817
>if he wants to ruin his day by opening my tote ottoman that is on him not me
>opening my tote ottoman
>tote ottoman
So, what I get from this is that you lug around either a heavy piece of furniture, or a 19th century Turk, to keep your shit in.

Anon, are you sure it's your faggotry he thinks is sick?
>>
>>5584906
It's one of those ottomans where the top swings open. I have an rfid motorized lock on it now though.
>>
>>5579889
yea but the situation is more of a grey area because he obviously is trying to help op but he is doing it for all the wrong reasons in turn making the situation a lot harder than it has to be
>>
>>5579817
Kind of off topic but is there a version of op's pic with a guy on the right seeming normal and the left the same as op's. For some reason that would oddly satisfy me
>>
File: 1346437734565.gif (504 KB, 398x398) Image search: [Google]
1346437734565.gif
504 KB, 398x398
>>5580189
>his father
>literally trying to pray the gay away
>not misguided
>>
>>5579838
MENTAL ILLNESS
E
N
T
A
L

I
L
L
E
S
S
>>
>>5584002
Me too, anon. Because the opposite of wanting good things for a person is wanting terrible things for a person. Indifference is just half-way. Hate is absolutely the opposite of love.
>>
>>5591464
What exactly are you saying anon?
>>
>>5591624

Mental illness.
>>
>>5581290
Losing someone you love and have lived with for years can cause all sorts of mental problems. Including memory loss.

Dealing with someone so heavily set in their religious beliefs can be difficult. I think the best you can do is tell him that you're sorry for the pain your choices are causing him but you are doing what feels right in your heart. Not what other people are telling you is right. And that you are sticking by your decisions and are willing to accept the lessons those decisions bring. Ask him "where is the justice in damning anyone to eternal punishment for seeking to use their own minds and grow in their own wisdom?" And if he cannot answer you immediately with an answer other than "there is none," you have won. And if he answers "there is none," you have won.

Most of all, tell him that you love him. It's what he needs to hear most.
>>
>>5596804
Forget the "s" on "minds."
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.