[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Isn't it homophobic to be straight-acting or in the closet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
Isn't it homophobic to be straight-acting or in the closet?

You're basically making the statement that homosexuality is something that isn't normal and shouldn't be tolerated by society.

What do you think /lgb(mi)/?
>>
Most people who are in the closet aren't there because they think homosexuality is something bad. They are usually there because the people around them think homosexuality is something bad.

I don't think being straight acting is homophobic either. Being attracted to the same gender is not a personality trait, yet a lot of people base their whole personality and identity around that fact.

That isn't really wrong, but it's not like it is a requirement to be homosexual. You can just be a dude who who happens to dudes, or a chick who happens to like chicks.
>>
The phrase "straight-acting" is homophobic
>>
Who exactly agreed on what the term gay should include? The only current explanation is that gay men like MEN.(Not girls with dicks or hairless faggots).

Nowhere in there says i should dress like a circus clown in pink overly sexual clothing and parade in the street like a faggot because i consider that utterly stupid.

Gay is a sexuality, not a lifestyle
>>
i'm a 51-yr-old closetfag, and i'm actually quite cozy in my little closet.
>>
>>5465912
>Isn't it homophobic to be straight-acting
Of course not. The term straight acting is homophobic and based on the idea that all gay men are flaming queens. Being gay does not dictate how you present yourself and whether some one is feminine or masculine is based on their personality, not what gender they're attracted to. Nothing wrong with being a flamer, straight acting or anything in between.
>or in the closet?
Depends on the reason. If they live somewhere were it isn't safe to come out then why would it be homophobic? If they're in the closet because they're ashamed of being gay then I could see it being considered homophobic
>>
People who are straight acting are in the closet, which is different than being homophobic I think. They are just scared of coming out of the closet, so they pretend to be straight and hide their sexuality.
>>
>>5466050
Do you want to be my daddy?
>>
>>5466088
>People who are straight acting are in the closet

Straight acting is not the same to be in the closet.

Yes, if you are in the closet you'll try to act straight.

But you can be openly gay and being straight acting at the same time.

It's basically not hiding that you like dudes without sticking a rainbow colored didlo in your ass.
>>
File: 1442752636706.jpg (165 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1442752636706.jpg
165 KB, 500x500
What the shit is "straight acting"?
>>
>>5466050
I've found that the closet can actually be quite spacious and accommodating. I probably have better and more frequent sex than most of the "proud" normalfags.
>>
>>5466163
Not exhibiting (many or any of) the behaviors commonly associated with homosexuals in your culture.
>>
>>5466201
So it's offensive to other gays if you don't adopt whatever arbitrary pointless mannerism they're obsessed with affecting and become a walking stereotype?

That has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.
>>
If someone describes themselves as straight acting, that's a major turnoff for me. First of all, they're pretty obviously not very comfortable with being gay. otherwhise they'd just say, that they aren't flamers or anything.
I am, what would be considered straight acting, I'm just an ordinary guy. other ordinary guys wouldn't bother to point out how they are so not flamboyant either. the biggest faggots I've met were "straight acting". they literally act straight, so when you get more comfortable around one another, they stop acting ... and well ...

I wouldn't call the term homophobic, it's a sign of stupidity and insecurity though.
>>
>>5466333
>tfw meeting with "straight acting" "masc guy"

>haaaiiiii how ith you?

I've learned my lesson now.
>>
>>5465912
Awful, tumblr tier bait.
>>
>>5465912
homosexuality=/=flamboyance
>>
>>5465912
>You're basically making the statement that homosexuality is something that isn't normal and shouldn't be tolerated by society.
Or you dont want to be discriminated against by some ignorant fools.
>>
>>5465912
dumb frogposter
>>
File: 1448166645432.png (50 KB, 209x201) Image search: [Google]
1448166645432.png
50 KB, 209x201
>>5465912
>is it homophobic to be straight acting or in the closet?

No and no.

1.) The term "straight acting" is homophobic within itself. You are implying that it is necessary for gay men behave how YOU think they should behave, rather than being themselves. Not all of us are walking stereotypes. Some of us don't feel the need to literally make our sexuality our entire personality.

2.) Not everyone can conviently come out of the closet. Teens get kicked out of their homes and onto the streets for that shit. Not to mention that they still throw you off for buildings in Muslim countries for being LGBT.
>>
>>5466163
Not acting like an annoying retard
>>
stop trying to shame and control people into acting how you want them to act

let people be themselves
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.