[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let us remember Dr. Robert Spitzer, the psychiatrist respons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 827x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 827x640
Let us remember Dr. Robert Spitzer, the psychiatrist responsible for homosexuality no longer being classified as a mental illness, who died on December 25th at age 83.

Let us also remember his work which found that gay people can, in fact, turn straight if they really want to, and the severe persecution and retribution this lifelong campaigner for LGBT rights faced from the liberal left and Socisl Justice Warriors when he dared to question their dogmatic beliefs.

God bless you, Robert Spitzer. May flights of angels carry you to your rest.

The study which the left forced him to publicly recant 3 years before his death -

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/Sex/story?id=117465&page=1
>>
>>5457817
Let us remember that Spitzer considered that the DSM gave too much leeway to pathologize normal human behavior.

Let us remember that it was published and reviewed by the Blanchard clique, and that everyone who reviewed it outside of that clique was negative about its findings.
>>
File: jungtellsus.png (175 KB, 1156x306) Image search: [Google]
jungtellsus.png
175 KB, 1156x306
>>
>>5457843

What the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>5457905
You are reading a footnote in a book where Jung is mentioned.
Carl Gustav Jung was one of the "disciples" of Freud, but they had a falling out and disagreed on much. Jung developed what is known as analytical psychology (Freud being the father of psychoanalysis).
Today analytical psychology is overrun by new-age women, which is largely Jungs fault as he surrounded himself with women and taught women instead of men.

Much of his literature is not taught anymore, as he classifies blacks as a lesser intelligent race and offers a cure for homosexuality.
In Jungs mind, homosexuality arises when a man identifies with his anima. The anima is the male anthropomorphic representation of the subconscious mind, we encounter our anima in our dreams the more whole we are, or the further down the process of individuation we are the higher we view our anima, which comes in four stages.

Identifying with the anima causes effemination, homosexuality, transvestitism and I do think Jung would agree here, transsexuality.
To Jung, what we today would call a daddy fetish isn't because we had a bad experience with our fathers, but because we identify our anima with our mother. Jung did not operate with oedipus and electra complexes, as he saw myths as subconscious archetypes we all took part in and of.

To cure homosexuality all that is needed is guiding the patient from their stunted development, through understanding their dreams. When the anima is neither the direct identification nor something one is trying to avoid, it instead becomes a guide and is not contained in anything.

Was he right, we will never know because psychoanalysis won and analytical psychology is today a fringe movement.
>>
>>5457951
Modern psychology owes more to Jung than psychoanalysis, it's just that both are now entirely fringe.
>>
>>5457966
Modern psychology owes most to Freud, even Freuds nephew moved to the US and applied Freuds theories to advertisement.

The neo-Freudians formed the frankfurt school, and other Freud students whose names evade me right now built more on his ideas and formed cognitive psychology.

Jung and his early ideas are mostly a laughing stock, especially in academical circles.
>>
>>5457951
>hurr durr women < men
1/10, stopped reading.
>>
>>5457817
>Let us also remember his work which found that gay people can, in fact, turn straight if they really want to

Not in a humane way at least. Don't get me wrong I'm the first person to tell you that any part of the mind can be changed but just because it's possible in theory doesn't mean you've got a method that works well in practice. Current conversion therapy is like trying to chop down a tree by repeatedly smashing your face against the trunk.
>>
>>5457980
>advertisement
>the same as actual psych research

>Frankfurt school being freudians
>thinking the Frankfurt matters in psych
>talking about the Frankfurt school
>>
>>5458016

Yes, current "conversion therapies" are basically "pray away the gay" bible-thumping nonsense, and the people in them are usually there involuntarily. People who successfully made the transition almost certainly used Pavlovian conditioning to essentially develop a fetish for the opposite sex. There is very little research on human sexuality because it's so controversial, and you have powerful groups actively working to suppress scientific research on the subject.

http://escholarship.org/uc/item/1wc177zt
>>
>>5458016
If there was a cure for cock lust I wouldn't take it, because I'd rather be a faggot who likes to go on his knees then a asexual robot. I might not be a pussy lover but at least I'm a dick lover.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 476x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 476x384
>>5458129

>asexual robot

>He said those who changed their orientation had satisfying heterosexual sex at least monthly and never or rarely thought of someone of the same sex during intercourse.
>>
>>5457997
That's not really what Jung was about, from my understanding; he thought men had a feminine anima and that a man identifying too much with it could cause problems, but he also thought women had a masculine animus and that a woman identifying too much with it could cause problems.
>>
>>5458038
You're nitpicking what I told you, I showed areas in which Freud has been influential, I also mentioned cognitive psychology.

>>5458243
I think that anon commented on when I wrote that Jung let women take control of his estate instead of men. The thing is many of the women that took over the mantle after Jung failed to understand the capacity of his work and took everything too literally, or too intuitive and so much of what it was worth is lost. I firmly believe that if men had handled his estate things would've been different.
>>
>>5458221
>sex monthly
>satisfying

>>5458243
Wow, that sounds so much more profoundly scientific than Freud. Fuck, it almost reads like Lacanian bullshit.
>>
>>5458384
I wasn't making an argument in favor of Jung's theories, just trying to clarify what they were a bit.
>>
>>5458384

>sex AT LEAST monthly

Nice selective reading.
>>
You dumb fuck

His study wasn't about changing 'gay people into straight people.' It was about finding people who normally preferred same-sex relationships an opposite-sex partner and then measuring how their relationship could overwhelm any sexual desires for other persons.

In other words, he was talking about a group of bisexuals who had labeled themselves as homosexuals (because they were 90-99% attracted to the same sex or whatever, and because subtlety in a person's sexuality isn't exactly a comfortable idea in most parts of the U.S. so most people just stick to 'gay' or 'straight')

He realized too late that people weren't going to accept these results, and his research would just get butchered by a bunch of reactionaries who would hold it up in one of those 'ha ha, we found the cure for the gay!' charades that happens every few years.

This was the guy who had done extensive research on precisely how damaging the variants of 'conversion therapy' used by those same chucklefucks can be, so of course he was upset at the thought that his words would be twisted to promote the practice.

Yes, there are bigoted folk on the left as well who took 'offense' at this paper, but these people aren't special. They're ignorant, just like the thousands of other ignorant people out there, and they are comfortable in their ignorance and lash out at people who disturb them.

I've seen many posts like this one on this board. You seem to have a serious problem with the type of people I describe above. Maybe they did something to you. You're so obsessed with this viewpoint that you've turned into one of these people yourself, lashing out. Maybe you feel like these people control the world and can hurt you for what you say, but at least recognize that not everyone is so scared.

Stop acting like this guy was the type to let himself be bullied into submission by *anyone,* let alone this 'gay mafia.' He deserves more credit than that, show some fucking respect.
>>
>>5458976

People who are sexually attracted to My Little Pony were not born that way. Explain this without admitting that sexuality can be changed after birth.
>>
>>5459352
sexuality =/= orientation
>>
>>5458016
>>5458123
Pray away is the nice type. ECT and operant conditioning used on me. It failed. I'm still transgender and bisexual. Unfortunately I now have huge holes in my memory. I also have psychological blocks that prevent me from relearning many skills I lost, and keep me from forming new meaningful relationships.
>>
>>5457817

Can you confirm the event that made you "gay" or was it just something that you realized? I never believed the official tagine that gays are "born that way," but never had the courage to ask a gay person that I knew in real life.

FWIW the two gay people I knew well IRL both had rough childhoods, issues with their father, and needed attention.

Sorry if this is too personal just an unresolved question in my mind.
>>
File: image.jpg (134 KB, 640x851) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134 KB, 640x851
>>5459698

So you tried to change your sexuality and failed. Others have had their sexual orientation changed by accident. Still others on purpose.
>>
>>5460043
Wasn't by my choice.
>>
>>5460187
Can you tell us how it happened? Who forced you to undergo therapy?
>>
>>5457817
>dying on christmas

typical old fart behavior
>>
>>5460475
Doc I was under the care of after a bashing. He had me committed, then subjected to conversion therapy.
>>
>>5459698
>being aware that you're undergoing operant conditioning

You probably exerted countercontrol and the conditioning failed.
>>
>>5457843
>>5457905

You're reading idiotic /pol/ drivel disguised as psychology literature.

Since psychology is so open to interpretation and subjectivity, it has always been a method of normalizing cultural problems as natural human behavior, and pathologizing dissenters.
>>
ITT: buttblasted trannies
>>
>>5460522
Who knows, I banked everything from before in my life. I'm just going by the medical records I could get access to. It likely didn't help them that I read everything my mom had to for her PhD in psych. I have gotten many memories back, but I can tell it's only a fraction, and some are obviously damaged.
>>
File: 1450691854641.png (31 KB, 213x214) Image search: [Google]
1450691854641.png
31 KB, 213x214
>>5460672

The thread is about homosexuality you fucking retard.
>>
>>5457817
>his work found that gay people can, in fact, turn straight if they really want to
he literally regretted the whole project/ study later on

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Spitzer_(psychiatrist)#Work_on_homosexuality
>>
>>5462315
and not by some bs sjw pressure. One can argue that APA (le mandatory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NyX5CxGraE ) are pro-gay shills, but come on, giving retarded gay converters any benefit of doubt is stupid.
>>
>>5458976
Bi guy here who tried to go fully gay (sex is easier, women are frustrating), Event hat doesn't work, Despite years of trying I like dicks and that's it, can never have relationships with men or find their faces attractive.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.