[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /lgbt/ I'm 19 and I think I'm trans. I felt like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: ont_cdn_flag.gif (6 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
ont_cdn_flag.gif
6 KB, 500x250
Hi /lgbt/ I'm 19 and I think I'm trans. I felt like a girl for a long time, started cross dressing in the age of 10. I recently came out to my online friends. They also encouraged me to do the transition, because they think I'm a girl as well. But apparently to start all the transition and get HRT I need to talk to a psychiatrist for 2 years. My question is: What are natural testosterone blockers that I can easily get to start looking more feminine even before starting HRT? I'd also really appreciate any tips that could help with becoming a female on the outside too.
>>
>>5432521
>But apparently to start all the transition and get HRT I need to talk to a psychiatrist for 2 years
What country do you live in?
>>
>>5432521
I'm pretty sure all the information you need is in the /mtfg/ OP so just go read that.
>>
>>5423756
try this thread
>>
>>5432566
Hungary
>>
>>5432521
natural stuff is bullshit, self-med using estrogen and anti-androgens from qhi.co.uk (for Europe, at least), 200mg spironolactone, 2-4mg estrogen daily, that way you're not getting more masculine during those two years you're talking to the psych and will have a head start by the time you get a prescription etc.
>>
>>5432748
Whoa boy
>>
>>5432748
yeah just order mones from qhi, should work fine in hungry
>>
>>5432875
not a gypsy tho
>>
File: 1404272710936.gif (2 MB, 491x750) Image search: [Google]
1404272710936.gif
2 MB, 491x750
>>5432521

Wish you all the best.

Please don't make the mistake of conflating biological sex with gender roles and stereotypes.

The proof that you're transsexual is that you want the other sexes anatomy and feel bad over your own (i.e. body dysmorphia), not that you want to wear dresses, make-up, high-heels, act passive and submissive, etc., which are all gender stereotypes pushed on women and don't have anything to do with the nature of being female.

You *can* also like those things, especially if you want to socialize with women on friendly terms who also conform to those roles and stereotypes, but just be aware that it's not those things that are the proof of your transsexuality; the proof is your natural desire for a different anatomy and a distress and dissatisfaction with your current anatomy (in terms of genitals of course, not weight, height, etc.), which I assume you have. If you don't have that dissatisfaction with your current anatomy/genitals, then consider whether you may just be gender non-conforming, i.e. hurt by the social expectations of behaving "how a man should behave" which are bullshit expectations.

I'm a cis het guy who likes to be cozy and friendly with women, socialize with them, be nice to people, like children and small animals, watch "girly" anime, and so on and so forth. I somewhat fetishize submissiveness and cross-dressing too, but ultimately I feel content with my male biology/anatomy and the only problem is society expecting me to be an idiotic asshole like they expect all men to be, so I came to the conclusion that I'm not a transwoman.

Wish you all the best again!
>>
>>5433355
I both want to have female anatomy and do what you called "social, or gender stereotypes" like wear dresses, and make-up. Basically I don't feel male at all, i don't feel good in the body, i don't like my genitals and I cant fit the social part of being a male either. But I'm pretty sure I'd fit into some kind of female stereotype. Is that bad...?
>>
>>5433676

It's not necessarily bad... Gender-critical radical feminism wishes for all women to stop fitting themselves into oppressive gender roles and stereotypes, and restrictive clothing codes like high-heels and tight dresses, and the passive/submissive attitude ascribed to women, etc., are arguably methods of keeping them weak and oppressed in our culture. (This is not something which men secretly sit down to plan out and conspire intentionally, but it's the result of a deep, centuries-long disdain against women building up its effect over time.)

So it would be ideal if our culture stopped associating these things with biological femaleness and accepted that any person of any sex can have a passive/friendly personality (and didn't exploit passive people no matter what their sex/gender is), but if as a personal emergency measure you want to do all those things as a trans woman to feel better in life and socialize with other women who don't care about this struggle against women's oppression, then that doesn't make you a bad person... Just be aware of the issues and maybe eventually you can have a positive effect in some way.

Really, everything sucks for everyone because of the patriarchy. Save yourself first, then see if you can save others.
>>
>>5433735
not the anon you replied to but i'm a different transgirl who mostly agrees with TERFS but you have to understand that most mtfs really value stereotypical femininity because it's not something we can choose to do when we're younger. we want to see ourselves as feminine so we like to be stereotypically female until we realize it's not as great as we'd idolized it to be. most of us try it and grow out of it.
>>
>>5434112
Thank you for your input kind anon, I can see what you mean.
>>
>>5434167
I'm certain that most of us understand femininity to be less stereotypical but it doesn't change our self image. the way we see ourselves then is a bit destructive.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.