[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name rating thread for mtf and ftm Pic unrelated Post the name(s)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 13
File: jJhBzHs.jpg (40 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
jJhBzHs.jpg
40 KB, 720x960
Name rating thread for mtf and ftm

Pic unrelated

Post the name(s) you want/possibly want AND where you're from/what language your area speaks (Marie-Lune fits in France but not in the US etc)

Anons rate them x/10 and tell you their favorite amongst those you posted if applicable

"But anon, names should define you and you shouldn't let internet people choose for you!"

..Just rate pls

Let me start: Érika, Charlie, Abigaëlle; French-speaking country
>>
Kathryn, Lauren, Charlotte; English-speaking country.
>>
>>5389106

Kathryn 5/10
Lauren 9/10
Charlotte 9.5/10

I love Charlotte but it's pretty tied with Lauren
>>
Australia, white, late teens.

I'm going with Olivia. I don't have any friends with that name, and I haven't seen a lot of trannies with it either. It's pretty normie too.
>>
>>5389125

What do you think of my choices? And Olivia sounds good !
>>
Violet, Dana, Chloe
>>
>>5389135
English speaking as well
>>
>>5389093
I'm not FtM but rate this:
American
George, Henry, Richmond, Baltimore, Thomas
>>
>>5389135

Violet sounds trans imo>>5389135

Dana 8/10
Chloé 9/10
>>
Octavia

Jessica
>>
Drop Oct and go with Jessica. It ain't 19th century roman empire.
>>
>>5389151
Jessica is so ridiculously common but u guess that's what I'm going for. I already know a trans person who's name is jessica though
>>
Birth name is Alexander and i kind of like it. I always had weird feelings about my name but as time goes on I like it more i love the androgynous flexibility of Alex.

I don't know which full version of Alex i like the most though.
>>
Tara; USA

>>5389125
I like Olivia
>>5389135
Violet sounds like a screen name, the latter two sound fine.
>>5389106
All sound fine except Kathryn. Spelling bothers me.
>>
>>5389093
I'm planning on just sticking with Drew (as mtf), it's androgynous enough, isn't it? Anglosphere, of course.
>>
>>5389163
Drew doesn't sound andro to me as a male cousin of mine goes by that.
>>
>>5389168
Well, I was just thinking Drew Barrymore is a pretty well-known person, right? Drew is one of those names like Peyton Gen Xers are giving to their female kids now anyways.
>>
>>5389157
Just spoken aloud or spelled as Katherine, how do you feel about it?
>>
File: 1433385418357.jpg (84 KB, 600x797) Image search: [Google]
1433385418357.jpg
84 KB, 600x797
Tripfaggotry related, and I live in the US.
>inb4 the usual deluge of jokes

I never really thought of any alternate names. This one just sort of stuck.
>>
>>5389154
Just legally change your name to Alex.
>>
>>5389163
I wouldn't be surprised to see a woman named Drew but if you're borderline passing, I'd probably take the name to mean you're a man.
>>
>>5389157
5/10 name, it's neither good nor bad.
>>
>>5389200
7/10 it's okay
>>
From Samantha to Samuel. Only really go by Sam.

>>5389154
>>5389204

Having an andro nickname is great when you're andro with the added plus of having a gendered full name for situations when strangers casually try to gender you with the whole:
>hi I'm Sam
>'Oh, nice to meet you. Sam? Short for...?'
>Samuel
Confirmed pronouns and properly gendered 10/10 times, without all the tumblr tier 'preferred pronouns' bs.
>>
I like Francesca, but since I'm in a Spanish speaking country I will probably go for Francisca.
>>
>>5389236
This is why I hate having been named Michael. Even if I wanted to change my name to Michelle or Mikayla, nobody with those names calls themselves "Mike."
>>
Milo for now
Portuguese speaking country

Literally have no idea why I chose it. But I can't find any other one that is ok both in my country (not very common but still ok) and english-speaking countries since I think I plan to move out.
>>
I've always really liked Emily so I'm going w that. From FL speak english
>>
>>5389321

Emily's like the most common trans name in existence f.am
>>
>>5389093
> Abigael
Too old-sounding.

The other 2 are fine.
>>
>>5389326
I don't rlly know v many trans ppl irl and my cis friends like it lmao
>>
America MTF

Rosalyn
>>
>>5389343
Sounds british.
>>
>>5389336
Thanks for the reply! And yeah that's my feeling too but some people are trying to bring old names back... But I'll stick to Charlie and Érika I think!
>>
>>5389311
You got dubs you can't change anymore, grants on the name ;)
>>
>>5389367
I'm thinking of Éliane for myself. Thoughts ? (since you're apparently from a french-related culture)
>>
>>5389381
I think it sounds nice! It's original but not in a dumb kind of way, imo it is a very good name

Bon choix ma chère :)
>>
Shadowina, United States/
>>
>>5389399
Transname/10, generally doesn't sound good
>>
>>5389410
I can't believe you even took that seriously.

It's actually Sam, United Kingdom. That was my original birth name and I'm just going to say Sam for Samantha instead of Sam for Samuel.
>>
>>5389093
please rate the following for me:

Vanessa
Nicole
Chloe
Claire
>>
>>5389421
You never know how wierd people can be on here
>>
>>5389428
Vanessa 5/10
Nicole 3/10 I generally don't like that name
Chloe and Claire: 9/10
>>
>>5389445

would Vanessa Claire or Vanessa Nicole be good? first/middle name obvs
>>
>>5389450
I'm not a fan of composed names (not sure if this is the right term in English; noms composés?) So I can't really say I like those, but here that's just me personal feelings
>>
18yo white american ftm. Went with Daniel but all my friends call me Danny
>>
>>5389454
what do you mean by composed names?
>>
>>5389142
For guys you'll be much better to have a name that can be shortened/lengthened based on the social context. Same goes for women too, obviously, but it's easier to talk to John and Jonathan looks better on a card. Besides that, if your name has an obvious shortening than it helps prevent nicknames.

George doesn't really fit that category, but neither of them are bad if you're particularly attached. Baltimore seems kind of out of left field. Any particular reason for Baltimore? You should know it incase somebody asks you who would name their kid Baltimore, in the event that you pass otherwise.

Richmond is along the same vein as Baltimore, insofar as I've never heard it used as a person's name before and that I would probably question it out of idle curiosity, but at least Rich raises less eyebrows than Balt. I dunno, maybe I'm too much of a yank or something.

My two cents, but just go with whatever you like.

>>5389454
In english, people have what's called a middle name. Seems kinda like the french system, as far as I can tell from Googling it for five minutes, but literally everyone has one and they're pretty much exclusively used for tax and business purposes.

For example, say their name ends up being Vanessa Nicole Anon. Which breaks up to [Vanessa=First Name] [Nicole=Middle Name] [Anon=Last Name]. The first name is always introduced in informal context, first and last name are introduced in semi formal context, and middle name is never introduced unless it's required by some sort of transaction, or just if someone is curious.

It also is marked on your initials. I guess you guys only use the two? So Vanessa Nicole Anon's initials would be V.N.A. instead of V.N.

Does that clear that up at all for you?
>>
I really like Catie as a name, generally speaking.

California.
>>
annie
>>
>>5389483
>>5389473

I understand now! In French we have middle names too but theyr are never ever used. The only time they leave our birth certificates it is when one actually switches one's first name with it. So Tom (George) Miller becomes George (Tom) Miller in an unofficial way

In that case I'd go with Vanessa Claire because as I said above I don't really like Nicole at all
>>
>>5389508

Vanessa Claire flows much better to me, honestly, even if I love the name Nicole
>>
>>5389508
Glad I could help senpai
>>
Yvonne, I'm german.

I try to stay away from typical english names, though Evelyn would be pretty cool as a middle name.

>>5389485
>annie
Sounds more like a nickname
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nqiMIu91Fo
Lol. First thing that came to mind.
>>
Nina? 21 Australia
>>
>>5389421
>>5389236
>Sam
Best name both ways 10/10
>>
>>5389485
>>5389538

Annie is actually a common name where I'm from and in English countries

Besides of what name could it be a nickname? Tom=Thomas and Annie = Anniemas? ;)
>>
I'm a Christopher. Is making it Chris just a bad decision?

Alternative: Vanessa. English speaking area
>>
>>5389548
Annie is a nickname (mainly kids) for Ann/Anne...
>>
>>5389551
>>5389548

I know I know I was joking, I only meant that Annie is a legit name too
>>
>>5389550
Going by Chris or Chrissie/Chrissy isn't bad. Having it short for one of the many, many feminine 'Chris-' names is better.
Christine
Christina
Christiana
Christa
Christianne
Christy
Christie
etc.
>>
>>5389539
I love Nina. Though, reminds me of Tekken.
>>
>>5389554
Christin

>>5389552
Yeah, but Annie as an adult?
>>
>>5389157
>Kathryn
>>5389184
>Katherine
I've always been a fan of the name, but I have a number of friends already using it. Somehow I chose the Georgian version Ekaterine (e-ka-ter-ine) to use back when I was 15. I'm not even 100% sure of when I started using it, but I know it was the name I used for a photography contest when I was 16.

English speaking USA.
>>
>>5389559
My mother is named Annie
>>
>>5389550
Kris
>>
>>5389093
I'm French, so maybe things are different in other French speaking parts of the world, especially the more Anglo influenced like Quebec but your choices are weird. Marie-Lune sounds incredibly snowflakey and not something any sane parents would call their child. Erika is too German, if you catch my drift. Charlie is a dude's name. Abigaëlle is weird, though I guess it wouldn't sound so in Bretagne.
I didn't choose my new first name myself, just made a shortlist and let my female friends rip it apart. Eléonore was the only name nobody had anything bad to say about, so I went with it. Got a lot of people telling me they loved that name since. I'll pick a couple other names when it's time for my ID change, but they're likely to be those of my grandmothers or my godmother's, to keep it traditional.
>>
>>5389562
Interesting perspective. I happen to like Kathryn the most out of all the spellings, so I'll stick to that for my middle name, but nice to hear feedback.
>>
Luca
Danielle
Lily

I'm from the UK

Please rate!
>>
Mickey
Rick
Charlie
>>
Spencer, Scott, Nathan - UK.
>tfw like Dougie but don't like long versions

>>5389653
Luca is unusual and sounds kind of ambiguous so best not. I think Lily is a bit hit-and-miss, I think it lends better to certain personality types than others. Danielle is good and safe but not too common, people might try shortening it to Dan or Danny though if you're prepared for that.
>>
File: v533.png (398 KB, 497x430) Image search: [Google]
v533.png
398 KB, 497x430
MtF

Jamie; Australia.
My biggest concern is which way to spell it.

I also need a new middle name since my current one is James and Jamie James sounds stupid as fuck. I liked the name Iris as a middle name for a while I learnt it's origin and it's tranny as fuck so now I don't like it.
>>
Sweden:
Im planing to go with Hanna most likely
>>
>>5389715
I actually picked Luca /because/ it sounds ambiguous, but I think you're right about it being a little too unusual. Danielle might be my best bet because my birth name is Dan anyway and I can shift from Dan to Danny or Dani without too much effort.

Spencer sounds a little weird and like a name you chose for yourself rather than a given name which I'm assuming isn't what you want really. Scott is pretty safe, but Nathan is what I would consider your best option.
>>
File: Alice_3.jpg (1 MB, 1804x1014) Image search: [Google]
Alice_3.jpg
1 MB, 1804x1014
Im MtF. I'm trying to pick between

Alice
Morgan

I'm currently going by Morgan, it's cool and I like it but I'm worried it's a copout because it's gender neutral. Also I like Alice because of Alice: Madness Returns and I look kind of like her (I'll probably look a lot more like her after FFS.)

>>5389106
Kathryn is slutty, Lauren is the name of my crush, and Charlotte is okay.

>>5389731
Jamie James, lol. It's not bad. My hot french teacher's name was Jamie.
>>
>>5389818
I vote Morgan! That was my second choice for a name :)

I'm Rachel. I blend in really well as a boring white girl so my boring white girl name fits. I'm from the U.S.
>>
>>5389818
lol people always find the most random names slutty.
>>
>>5389822
Rachel is really nice. I don't really like dressing boring though, lol. I like to be gothy or kind of ratty/ghetto. And the name Alice is so pretty, I just... ugh... hate my voice...

Here's a pic of me, for context
>>
>>5389818
I've heard Alice is a very common trans name, but I also think it's a very pretty name.
>>
>>5389841
I change my vote to Alice. You look like you could rock that name! And nobody's beyond saving when it comes to voice. You get out what you put in. I know some trans girls IRL that sound exactly like cis women. I took the cheap route and got voice surgery, but my voice was passable before.
>>
1 question..... WHAT ARE THOOOOSE!!!
>>
>>5389868
My voice is truly terrible. Almost as bad as it could possibly be. I think I might eventually get a passable sultry lesbo voice but I'm resigned to never singing prettily or having a pretty, high voice...

Ugh, my voice is one of the last things that really bothers me still. Thanks for the vote though
>>
>>5389093
Charlie is nice
>>
little girl/apg names
Alice
Dolores
Lo
Lily/lilith
Anything extravagant

Blend in you snowflakes
>>
How's Jeanne? French name
Just the name my parents had planned for if I was born a girl
>>
>>5389944
what country do you live in?
>>
Anna, Australia
>>
>>5389973
how old are you? check if it was popular in the year of your birth.
>>
>>5389949
France
>>
>>5389997
then it's probably fine
>>
>>5389584
I do live in Quebec and if a guy went by Charlie he'd get a LOT of confused looks, and well Érika is a common name here as well
>>
>>5389983
In top 30 in my year of birth so i guess its fine?
>>
>>5390029
Yes
>>
>>5389584
And Marie-Lune is snowflaky and was only to explain the "say where you're from rule

Éléonor would be the very out of place here as wel: nobody gas been named like that since the early 1800s (same as Abigaëlle but oh well)
>>
>>5389899
Thanks!
>>
My birthname is pretty andro (Kit) but I think I might change my name a bit later on to something 100% fem.

White/Australian btw

my favorites are

Claire
Heather
Olivia
>>
Seems like there's an exceptional concentration of french-speaking mtf in this thread. Wanna exchange skype ?
>>
Aiden, Hancock, Hayden
US
>>
>>5390076
I hope you're kidding.
>>
>>5390076
why not just go for Elliot and stamp ftm on your head?

Try something less fancy.
>>
>>5390091
What's wrong with those names? I like Hayden the best, but the other two are pretty cute too.
>>
>>5389742
Fellow Swede here. You have good taste, I'm going with Johanna myself.
>>
>>5390097
I'm not ftm. I'm gender neutrois.
>>
>>5390100
You're a man, you're not cute, you're rough around the edges, you're called Sam or John or Tom or something normal and honest.
You were born before the 2000s right?
>>
>>5390105
Then you're not L, G, B or T and you can go away.
>>
>>5390108
It's LGBTQA and the Q is for queer.
>>
>>5390110
I don't see any Q or A here you prissy fuck.
>>
Michelle , Élisabeth, Océane ; French speaking area.
>>
>>5390114
Michelle: too neutral
Elizabeth and Océane 8/10
>>
>>5390118
Elizabeth is the new Alice.
>>
>>5390104
Yea i considered that one but i dont want a name that sound kinda like my birthname
>>
>>5390074
pls dont be a serial killer. id : liothique
>>
>>5390129
Jesus fuck who would willingly call themselves Liothique.
>>
>>5390120
Since when?
>>
>>5390138
Since Bioshock Infinite.
>>
>>5390133
Its a Skype name not a real name that this guy/gal chose...
>>
>>5390139
Yeah no it's not because of a game that you'll get weird looks, and nobody I know (online) went for that name
>>
>>5389093
Eloise, Fiona, Corin;Midwest U.S. with primarily 25% Irish blood
>>
>>5390154
Corin sounds nice. Eloise and Fiona sound strange to me (also from the midwest).
>>
>>5390143
Your punctuation escapes me, it implies you'll still get weird looks but not for a game
>>
England so English
First name I though if was Scarlet but that's kinds typical.
Others are
Chloe
Alice
Carmen
>>
>>5390160
It was in reference to your own comment..

No, Elizabeth is not the new Alice: you will not get weird looks if you choose that name just because of some random video game
>>
pretty sure im going with bethany (UK)
i've been making music for a few years now under an artist name that begins with beth cause it sounded like it could have been a girl name but it actually means a state of drug induced emotionlessness
i doubt i would have picked beth otherwise but it seemed like the obvious choice when i started thinking names
>>
>>5390165
Not Alice, for god's sake.
The other two are bad but not as bad.
Just pick a bloody normal name.
>>
>>5390171
You could stand to be more optimistic.
>>
>>5389584
You had me really worried about Charlie as it's the name I like the most, so I looked it up... 14th most popular baby name for girls in 2012 so I'd say I'm safe

http://www.babycenter.ca/a1052337/les-pr%C3%A9noms-les-plus-populaires-au-qu%C3%A9bec-en-2011
>>
>>5390189
2012? Are you 3?
>>
>>5390190
This is only to prove that Charile can be a girl's name, not that I'm bloody three years old
>>
>>5390197
Was it a girl's name when you were born though?
>>
>>5390202
Yes, just not 14th most popular
>>
>>5390178
im totally happy with beth dont get me wrong. i cant really imagine picking anything else desu. im just saying i probably wouldn't have even thought of it if i didn't have the above reasoning.
>>
>>5390114
Elisabeth and Océane are cool
Michelle sounds too old (and neutral when pronounced)
>>
>>5390211
>desu
Congratulations you're not really trans, just autistic.
>>
>>5390205
Don't you like any in the top 30 of your birth year?
>>
>>5390175
What is a normal name then?
>>
>>5390224
anything from the top 10 of your birth year.
>>
>>5390157
I was leaning Corin but decided Eloise. They're Gaelic and one has French influence but they can be shortened and just sound normal.

Eloise/Elle
Corin/Cori
Fiona/Fififufu

>>5390171
Oh I know another transgirl Bethany in the UK. I think she also makes music too lol. 10/10 v cute.

>>5390112
Q:Are you an asshole?
A:Yes.

>>5390076
I know a boy named Ailey. Instinctively people may think you're ftm. desu I'm a fan of the name.

>>5389944
>>5389584
Both of these are my grandma's and I had thought about both at one point. That said I love them both dearly. Jeanne and Eleonore are really cute, go for it!
>>
>>5390221
i guess you haven't noticed all the word filters the past month or so... t b h gets changed to desu
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-14-15-36-29.png (218 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-14-15-36-29.png
218 KB, 1080x1920
>>5390241
>>
>>5390251
My bad
>>
>>5390258
If you don't like them go a bit further down, being class appropriate is something to consider too.
>>
USA, Megan. It's plain and generic but I like it
>>
>>5390154
>Eloise
know a guy with that name
>Fiona
Considered it myself, and known a couple females using it.
>Corin
Known both males and females with it.

Also from the midwest. Part Irish too.
>>
>>5390287
Wow Eloise is 0% a guy name in my area, wierd
>>
>>5389554
>Chrissy
Fuck no. Anything that rhymes with "sissy" is 100% deep into hon territory
>>
>>5390263
Since I live in a predominantly black area I guess Laqueefa would be acceptable
>>
>>5389876
Is this a meme or something? My manager at work says this all the time
>>
>>5390381
Vine meme
>>
>>5390248
>I know a boy named Ailey. Instinctively people may think you're ftm. desu I'm a fan of the name.
I was just trolling tbdesu.
>>
>>5390388
Ah, explains why I've never really heard it that much
>>
>>5390100
They are all fucking stupid FTM names. 1. Don't make your name anything with 'cock' in it - it's inviting ridicule and I don't even know if Hancock is a first name. 2. Aiden is to FTM what 'hon' is to MTF. Aiden and anything that rhymes with it is an unpassing, tumblr-tier snowflake.
>>
What are /lgbt/'s thoughts on simply adding an 'a' to the end of your name? What are /lgbt/'s thoughts on keeping the exact same name because it was unisex anyway?
>>
>>5390521
Unisex can hinder your passing if you're borderline. That is, if people see you as ambiguous leaning male, a feminine name can get you over the line, and pass. IMO.
>>
Jaclyn
>>
>>5389106
Kathryn is trash. I like Charlotte, but go with Lauren. It seems more normal.
>>5389125
Good name.
>>5389135
All trash.
>>5389142
I like Henry and Thomas. Richmond and Baltimore are too much and would work better as middle names. I was never big on George, but it would be fine since it is a common enough name.
>>5389157
Had a teacher with that name. I don't like it.
>>5389163
I don't think Drew is a good choice for a tran. Everyone will just think you are an effeminate guy or crossdresser.
>>5389183
You weren't born yesterday.
>>5389242
Sounds good to me.
>>5389321
I don't really like Emily, she was always a bitch, but if it suits you then go for it.
>>5389343
No. Don't ever chose a name with a Y in it.
>>5389428
Vanessa is overly feminine. Great for a hon. Nicole is fine. Chloe is tranny as fuck, and Claire is a tranny from a popular webcomic.
>>5389472
Good choice.
>>5389484
Would it be short for something?
>>5389485
Good enough.
>>5389539
Wouldn't recommend it unless you are some kind of minority.
>>5389550
Don't go for Chris or Vanessa.
>>5389606
I'm partial to Catherine. It was a finalist on my own name list. I kind of regret passing it up.
>>5389653
Luca is a guy name. Danielle is no good, and I don't like Lily.
>>5389696
Charlie is the best out of those. Just don't chose Mickey.
>>5389715
Good choices all around. I would lean more towards Scott or Nathan than Spencer.
>>5389731
Too ambiguous, but maybe that is what you are going for. Don't go for Jamie James unless you want to be a marvel character.
>>5389818
I would go with Morgan. It is a nice enough name.
>>5389928
Dolores works for hispanics.
>>5389944
As a rule anytime a name would have been given by your parents it is a solid contender regardless of other factors. If you get heat for it you can always deflect it and blame them for the name.
>>5390055
Heather and Olivia are good.
>>5390076
No.
>>5390154
They are all pretty weak.
>>
>>5390521
>What are /lgbt/'s thoughts on simply adding an 'a' to the end of your name?
Funny you say that, my niece is named Michaela. I think it would have been a stupid choice though
>>
Is Zoey an agp obvious tranny name? I look like a lesbo so people say it works for me but I feel like i picked something too out there
>>
>>5390660
yes.
>>
>>5390648
I have ghetto black guy name Shaquille well something similar, was just gonna change it to Shakira it's still ghetto but it's easy to remember for those who already know me is my reasoning.
>>
>>5390769
Makes sense.
>>
>>5390782
>tfw forever ghetto
Meh, maybe I'll get ass implants to go with the name.
>>
>>5390812
Is there any reason you don't want to be ghetto?

Embrace it, just get fat grafts instead of implants.

I wish I could have some since my body is shaped like a brick.
>>
File: 1373654097304.gif (765 KB, 246x266) Image search: [Google]
1373654097304.gif
765 KB, 246x266
>>5389751
>>5390634
Thanks for the opinions, dudes. It's interesting because I've only known 1 Scott, 1 Spencer and no Nathans, so I assumed all of them to be kind of unusual. Maybe my judgement is off, or I need to get out more.
>>
>>5390865
I went to school with a couple of Scotts and one Spencer. I know a few Nathans but they are usually a bit older.

Spencer s definitely the rarer of the three.

Scott is always a safe bet.
>>
I rlly like the name connor but some others i like are tyler, isaac and kyle
England btw
>>
>>5390029
It's cool that you like your name, but just FYI, the whole "your name has to be popular for your birth year" thing is complete bullshit. Nobody's gonna guess that you're trans based on that unless it's a name that is so absurdly uncommon that it seems like a name only someone on Tumblr would have.
>>
>>5390905
Everyone I know named Connor is an asshole
>>
>>5390118
How the fuck is Michelle neutral?
>>
>>5390905
Well my name is Conor atm before I change it
>>
Hi Aiden
>>
>>5390929
changing it to Conorella?
>>
>>5390921
>What's your name?
>Eleanor
>How old are you?
>29
>LMAO TRANNY ALERT
>>
>>5390846
Attracts the wrong sort of guy.
>>
I'm going with Audrey.

Canadian (mostly English)

Am I safe?
>>
Jane, Penny, Sandra, Melody.
I live in an American speaking country.

I'm currently leanining towards Jane.
I still haven't figured out what last name I want. I was considering Doe. I had a friend who suggested BeiFong, and I immediately slapped him upside the head.
Also, I'm black, if that matters.
>>
>>5391002
Then change your name to something like Sarah or Jennifer if you are into normie white guys or Maria or Juana if you are into spic manlets, or whatever suits your taste.
>>
>>5391069
Sandra sounds like the one.

For last name take your pick of Freeman, Black, or Brown.
>>
Live in Quebec
I chose Cassandre as my first name and Charlie as my middle name.
Only took a middle name because it's what my parents would have named me but I felt like it was too close to my old name (Charles) to be my first name
>>
>>5391021
Audrey if a cute name, wherever you are imo
8.5/10 ±0.5
>>
>>5391170
Is a cute name*
>>
>>5391109
I actually thought about the last name Black. I feel like I need to own more knives and wear leather for that name or be significantly whiter than I am now. Like Midwestern, baked Alaska eating cheese hate wearing white. Thank you, by the way.
>>
Aaron, Stefan, Yoshua
german-speaking country
>>
serena burgerstan (NYC)
went with something ± 10 ranks from my birth name, and it was the one i liked desu
>>
>>5391157

I live in Québec too and I'm going for Charlie as my first name, but Cassandra is very nice too!
>>
>>5391214
why are they laying in a field of cannabis leaves
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 284x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 284x338
Emily, Mary, Virginia, Hannah, Simone, Unica, Marguerite
>>
How's Sadie? English-speaking country
>>
Valerie
>>
>>5391469
Of these, I like Mary and Simone best, with Emily not that far behind.
>>
Quinn was my middle name and my mom likes it

english
>>
How do you even get used to being called a totally new name? It' would feel like the emperor's new clothes to me.
>>
>>5390926
Michelle and Michael are pronounced very similarly (or the same) in French/with French accent
>>
>>5391594
It's either that or a girl get called Michael for no apparent reason... Which one is worse?
>>
>>5391645
Lol no?

Michael= Mikael
Michelle= Mishelle

Where are you from?!
>>
>>5391659
And Michel=Michelle yeah but absolutely not Michael
>>
>>5391594
You ever gone by a random nickname? Same principle, you know they're talking about you so you train yourself to respond. When I hear my nickname-word in other contexts, I still instinctively respond like a dog hearing a passing mention of walkies.
>>
>>5389093
I really like Érika, OP.

>>5389142
George and Henry. 8/10.

>>5389311
Milo sounds like the hot beverage but is a nice name.

>>5389343
Rosalyn sound unusual. It could be Rose. 5/10

>>5389696
Mickey kek/10
Rick 6/10
Charlie 7/10

>>5389818
You do look like her. Alice is the best choice.

>>5390076
Sorry anon. None.

>>5391283
Aaron or Stefan are good names.

As for me: I wanted to choose Ted but I'm from a Spanish-speaking country so... It will sound horrible. It was to be gender neutral if I want to change legally. Any ideas?
>>
>>5391594
It takes less time and effort than you might think, and it probably shouldn't feel like "The emperor's new clothes" because the trick with them is that they didn't exist. Unless your new name is a pause in speech, you totally have a new name.
>>
>>5391809
it has to be* sorry for the typo
>>
>>5391283
Most definitely Stefan
>>5391469
Emily or Simone. I like Virginia, but I don't think it suits a tranny.
>>
>>5391594
It is easy. Seeing the new name as you takes no time, what takes time is not seeing the old name as also you.
The worst part is hearing the old name getting called out by random people. I always get chills and immediately break into a sweat.
>>
>>5389093
Yet again:
>Google 100 most popular names from the year you were born
>pick 5
>ask friend to choose from those 5 for you
It really is that easy.
>>
>>5391809
Go with Teodoro or Eduardo and use Ted as a nickname.

I would also suggest Hermenegildo. Always thought it was a fun name.
>>
FtM

Lucas, Luke, Jeremiah, or Benjamin. Are these names too obvious?

I'm from SoCal.
>>
>>5389093
I don't want to say because everyone will say it is special snowflakey
But I have gone by it too long to stop
And I still like it I guess
>>
>>5391594
It takes time, but I'm getting to the point where I sometimes forget to respond to my dead name.

>>5391682
I almost did random from a list of my ancestors. Funny thing is I was reading an update on the family tree, and there was the name I'd used as a teen. So I went with it this time.
>>
>>5391871
Lucas strikes me as kinda ftm-ish but it's also a great name regardless so idk. The others are all perfectly fine, especially if you shortened Jeremiah or Benjamin to James or Ben
>>
>>5391871
Jeremiah seems a bit conspicuous. 3/10
Lucas is a top-quality name. 9/10
Luke is eh. 5/10
Benjamin is cool 7/10
>>
>>5391850
That's such a detached, impersonal way of doing things. Would you use this process to name your baby?

Your name should mean something and feel like it matches your identity.
>>
>>5390958
Nah. Was thinking Conorrhea
>>
>>5391878
If you've been using it that long, it's your name. Then it's no different to strangers on the internet saying anyone's name is dumb.
>>
MtF
young
Vivian
Skylar
Rachel
Ruby
Ellie

Leaning on Vivian
>>
>>5392114
>Vivian
>Skylar
>Ruby

Unless you're a punk fashion designer or a stripper they're no good.
>>
>>5392114
I like Rachel
>>
>>5392158
I liked Vivian, Ruby/Skylar I don't like too much
>>
Settle an arguement for me, /lgbt/

I think Max is works for both genders.

I've seen it both ways in books, my friends think its exclusively masculine though, and I suspect they miiiight be right?
>>
>>5392191
Max is very masculine. Have seen it used as girl name before but I assume guy at hearing name
>>
>>5392191
You must have some kind of internet connection to be posting this so I'm sure you could find that Max is short for Maxine, Maximilian and Maxwell.
>>
>>5392191
Masculine. I guess it could be Maxine, but I've never met someone named Maxine.
>>
mtf, usa

Taylor
>>
>>5392204
>>5392206
>>5392213
thank you! I like Maxine just as much, so this is very helpful input
>>
>>5392213
Yeah lol, my friends brought this up. It was an older generation name
>>
Cis passing by.
Amelia is 10/10 in my book, but you have to be a simple, sweet, modest-looking yet ass-kicking grill to pull it off imo
>>
>>5392213
It's slightly more popular in French-Canadian circles, but hardly common even then.
>>
>>5392114
Be the Rachel to my Chloe
>>
>>5391988
How the fuck is a name you give to a baby supposed to match it's identity? And when naming a baby, if you want it to mean something, unless its something like "Hope", people tend to just name the kid after someone else they know.

Its autists like you who over think their names, want to be special, and end up with something retarded.
On this board alone, there is some sperg calling themselves "Zeda" because they have an autistic interest in the number represented by the greek letter 'zeta'

100 names is more than enough to choose from, so you'll find something you like, stupid shit wont come up because they are literally the most common and normal names from the time you were born, and unless your friend is retarded as you, letting them choose from your favourites ensures its still suitable for your ethnicity and background

Its such a good system I may put a patent on it.
>>
>>5392114but only if its short for something). Everything else is retarded, this is why you people shouldnt be allowed to name yourselves.
>>
File: StrawMan2[1].jpg (91 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
StrawMan2[1].jpg
91 KB, 600x450
>>5392329
epic
>>
>>5392331
Computer fucked up. Got water in the keyboard a long time ago and it never really recovered. Anyway, it was meant to start by saying choose Rachel or Ellie but only if Ellie is short for something
>>
>>5392247
Nah, too ambiguous
>>
>>5389742
also from sweden, and also planning on going with Hanna

good taste
>>
>>5392343
Oh I'm sorry, are trans women NOT known for picking stupid names? Is that just not something that happens?
Huh. Well, i guess Zeda, and Crystal, and all those girls who named themselves after anime characters just dont really exist or something. And the people in this very thread, talking about naming themselves "SImone", "Virginia", "Unica", "Marguerite", "Audrey", "Violet", "Baltimore", "Richmond", "Eloise", "Octavia' etc etc. Not bad names? None of those sound stupid? Or are they just not real. Because I wouldnt want a strawman argument of trans people choosing stupid names if thats not the reality here friend.
>>
Went from Matthew to Maddie and everyone wont stop fucking calling me Mattie. Should i just go with Madison? Or am i just not pronouncing the D in maDDIe hard enough that people think im saying T
>>
>>5392389
>tfw my name isnt in the list
Feels good
>>
>>5392398
Americans alwats fuck up 'd's and 't's, its annoying. You all do the same with 'e's and 'i's. Trying saying "shed" without making it sound like "shit" you stupid yank
>>
>>5392352
Ooh, this gets me thinking. Have you considered Elise, >>5392114?
>>
>>5392409
What was your name? Maybe I missed it.
>>
>>5392398
tell them to call you Madeline because thats what its short for anyway
>>
>>5392416
Thats quite a French name
>>
Is Helena an okay name? I think it's pretty and not too special snowflakey.
>>
>>5392424
see>>5390769
>>
>>5392438
Eh, I think its a bit weird because of the MCR association with it. But I know a Helen
>>
>>5392451
Yeah, skipped it because its an ethnicity thing, at least it still matches your background. If you were white it'd be different
>>
>>5392438
I've never heard of anyone called Helena. Not saying you shouldn't have it because it's entirely up to you, but I only know that name from My chemical romance
>>
>>5392389
What's wrong with Crystal, Simone, Virginia, Marguerite, Audrey, Violet, and Eloise? I've gone to school and worked with plenty of cis women with all those names.
>>
>>5392021
Most people don't pick their name though
>>
>>5389093
English/French. I live in America/Canada/France.

Maxine
Grace
Emma or Emily
Elly or Elise

>>5392483
Crystal is a stripper's name. I know a Chris -> Crystal MtF and I think she regrets the name.
>>
>>5392438
If you live in a germanic country it's fine.
>>
>>5392483
I don't agree with any of those, but Crystal is transname/10 it's like the typical snowflake name
>>
>>5392502
I think Maxine is a great name.
>>
>>5392507
Good to know. Maybe Anon lives in a town of 50 and thinks only the names of residents are real people names?
>>
>>5392465
Thanks.
>>
>>5392502
>>5392502
>>5392502
>>5392502
Maxine sounds 9/10 but isn't very common (sadly) I only know one person with that name
Grace sounds trans/snowflake imho
Emma/Emily 7/10, good but maybe too common (in my generation anyway)
Elly 2/10
Elise 9/10
>>
>>5392389
You're conflating the worst case scenario with anybody using a method that isn't yours. If you saw a girl in her 20's named Joan or Eleanor, you wouldn't think it strange, despite them not even being in the top 500, because they're still reasonable names that someone might pick because those names mean something to them. Just as an aside, that's what I meant by meaning something. I don't mean going to babynames.com or whatever, I mean looking at a name's aesthetics or your personal history with it and identifying with that. Obviously you can't do that for a baby name since you don't know their personality. I just brought that up because it's another thing you might do that is similar and your method seems bizarrely impersonal even for that.

That's your strawman. I don't disagree that something like Ev'restista is a dumb name. But there are good names in the lower popularity range that you miss out by just going for the top names of those years.
>>
>>5392524
Probably, as I know 0 Simone and 0 Crystal but 1 Marguerite 3 Audreys 1 Violette and 2 Héloises

And they're all cis, but do bear in mind I'm from Quebec so names are different here
>>
>>5392533
Sorry for all the post tags mobile is fucking up
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.