[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder only 20% will pass.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: 21-percent-actually-pass.png (23 KB, 459x661) Image search: [Google]
21-percent-actually-pass.png
23 KB, 459x661
Daily reminder only 20% will pass.
>>
Reminder that most mtfs are 40 year old hons
>>
>>5378526
>self reporting
>claiming ANYTHING "never" happens

How very scientific.
>>
File: 1410842773379.png (10 KB, 629x425) Image search: [Google]
1410842773379.png
10 KB, 629x425
>>5378526
>never get clocked
>it surprises even me

Feels good m8
>>
File: bruce-before-after.jpg (188 KB, 1778x1000) Image search: [Google]
bruce-before-after.jpg
188 KB, 1778x1000
Nonsense, hormones are magic. They can turn your into a girl.
>>
>>5378555

makeup

makeup and surgery
>>
>>5378555

>using a magazine photo

What is photoshop, Alex?
>>
>>5378555
checked

they're only magic if started before/during puberty.
>>
File: 1385732737324.png (32 KB, 238x220) Image search: [Google]
1385732737324.png
32 KB, 238x220
>>5378555
>>
>>5378526
>people can tell I'm transgender
lol people can't tell i am transgender because they just see me as another man
>>
>>5378531
don't you expect that they'd try to inflate the never and deflate the always/most of the time?
>>
>>5381655
Ayy, same for now
>>
>>5378555
Stop shilling your media darling, Chaim.
>>
Results were self-reported, therefore likely highly incorrect.
>>
>>5381721
http://www.transequality.org/sites/default/files/docs/resources/NTDS_Report.pdf
Page 18

Looks like they put in lots of effort anon.
>>
>>5382728
And how else would they get the results? You a sample and people to respond. They certainly weren't self-reported by researchers.
>>
File: truth, fam.png (32 KB, 850x469) Image search: [Google]
truth, fam.png
32 KB, 850x469
>>
bump for reminding.
>>
>>5383095
This is going to be the /lgbt/ version of the manlet chart, isn't it?
>>
>>5387012
it's really true though
>>
>>5378526

Good to know. I absolutely trust transgender people to accurately report their life experiences considering their entire fucking life is a lie.

It's studies like this and the irresponsible media agencies that report them that make me lose faith in science.
>>
>>5382735
>And how else would they get the results?

Durrr..maybe take a random sampling of MtFs, gather a random group of people to observe photographs or video footage with them, or have the MtFs walk in front of the group then exit, mix in some legitimate females, and have them mark whether they thought they were female, MtF, or unsure. Do this with a crowd of at least 200 diverse people with 50 possible women/MtF/etc. Have them walk in one at a time so that they can't actively compare them to other MtFs/women.

Then include in the report the self reported opinions of MtFs about how well they passed as an afternote compared to the actual accuracy in correctly identifying them.

There you go, a vastly superior study that doesn't require significantly more funding. Instead of just fucking asking trannies if they think they pass or not which is worthless. A larger sample size of both onlookers and MtFs would further improve the quality of the study. You also have to make sure the MtF sample isn't just the highest quality passing ones.
>>
>>5387066

What, that anyone aged 30 can't be transgender because they're not convincing enough? I thought transgender status was based on a legitimate brain condition and not just how well you convince unsuspecting people that you're not really a man. Weird. I guess aesthetics determines whether or not you apparently have a condition that is totally to do with your brain and not at all a primarily social behavioral issue.
>>
>>5387287
Not that anon but they're right, most studies are like that. They just ask a bunch of trans women if for example they're happy with transition, regret transition, how well they pass, etc etc. It's mostly self reported desu.

Also it doesn't really take a study to figure out how well the majority of mtf's pass considering most start after the onset of puberty around age 20+ so most would have obvious male bone structure by that point which hrt cannot correct and surgery can only do so much and it's mostly for the face which most mtf's can't afford anyway.

Basically it's harder to feminize an already masculinized body then it is to masculinize a female body which is why ftms usually don't have much trouble passing compared to mtfs.

The truth is most mtfs don't pass unless they start early enough, have good genetics which isn't common for a male to have a lot of female features, or have a lot of money for surgery. Then you have to take into account there are different lvl's of passing, for example maybe some people think you're a girl from a distance or first glance but you don't consistently pass as female to people. I think with some effort a lot of mtfs can pass at first glance and from a distance but consistently in close proximity to people not so much.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.