[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gender "identity" is a product of too much free time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 13
File: hg3Nyae.jpg (54 KB, 350x392) Image search: [Google]
hg3Nyae.jpg
54 KB, 350x392
Do you think people in a war-torn nation sit around and think about how sad they are about not being [insert biological sex here]? Do you think starving kids in Africa consider themselves agender or gender fluid?

Industrialization has created large blocks of free time in people's lives where people sit around and introspect until they go nuts. Also, just a heads up for newfriends: /lgbt/ is a containment board for transgender people, and not really pertinent to LGB people who are literally the minority of this board.
>>
>>5374092
>containment board

i love you
>>
>>5374092
>Do you think people in a war-torn nation sit around and think about how sad they are about not being [insert biological sex here]? Do you think starving kids in Africa consider themselves agender or gender fluid?
Generally gender dysphoria is distracted away from when you're in such a situation. There's bigger things to care about, but when you're in a place in your life where you have a roof over your head and safety it's easier to notice those kind of feelings.
>>
>>5374092
/pol/ arguments get dumber by the day. If you bothered to do any research you would know that transexuallism is and always has been widespread in the third world, Thailand being a famous example.
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 616x416) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 616x416
>>5374092
Hiraja in Taliban infested parts of packiatan say yes.

Just cause conspiracy nuts like you say biomedical research is a Jew conspiracy doesn't make it so.
>>
>>5374092
A quick google search would have answered that for you if you bothered to look

>This bitch lives in Kenya:
http://www.takepart.com/article/2015/04/14/meet-one-africas-transgender-warriors

>Heres a documentary about some ugandan tranny:
http://pearlofafrica.tv/

>Homosexuality is considered a crime in Iran, but not transsexuality:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONbRAeiLCvc

>Being Transgender in Kuwait: “My Biggest Fear Is a Flat Tire
https://www.hrw.org/news/2013/07/15/being-transgender-kuwait-my-biggest-fear-flat-tire

now go back to your aids hospitals and needles faggot
>>
>>5374092
There ARE trans people in third-world and war-torn nations, you retard.
Maybe try to actually look up some facts and data to educate yourself before you come up with some armchair-psychology hypothesis based on what seems like it must probably be the case based on your feels.
>>
File: bS59bU1.gif (760 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
bS59bU1.gif
760 KB, 480x272
OP you are the best tumblr Shit is crazy
>>
>>5374092
You choose to use your free time to shitpost.
Can't really say you're making much better use of it than trans people.
>>
>>5374141
Thailand has actual cultural background and reasoning for their transgenderism, idiot. Thailand isn't exactly a third world country, either. Fucking idiot.

>>5374116

Exactly this. I agree with you.

>>5374165

>Just cause conspiracy nuts like you say biomedical research is a Jew conspiracy doesn't make it so.

I didn't say that you fucking millennial assclown. Go back to your liberal arts college campus and suck off your feminist professor #translivesmatter

>>5374511

I also use my free time to fantasize about killing trannies
>>
>>5374092
Trans people are present throughout many different cultures and time periods. You're simply wrong
>>
File: 1413516468496.jpg (49 KB, 566x480) Image search: [Google]
1413516468496.jpg
49 KB, 566x480
>>5377032

Cultures and time periods when they had too much time

aka, Rome
>>
>>5374092

People who lived hundreds of years ago had very little knowledge of transgender people (speaking for the western world at least)and anyone who had feelings of gender dysphoria would either have no idea what to do or be ridiculed for going against the societal norm.

Also, there were more important things to worry about like having enough food or not dying to some random disease. In our society we can finally address these issues.
>>
File: 1437783919993.png (445 KB, 466x700) Image search: [Google]
1437783919993.png
445 KB, 466x700
>>5378396
>ancient steppeniggers had too much time

Kek.

>>5374092
Let's face it, being a tranny is pretty timeless, and throughout human history people weren't as poor as you probably think they were. The sort of abject, crushing poverty that you might see in Africa or India or whatever is mostly a product of capitalism and imperialism. People had *tons* of free time during the feudal era. Maybe 1400 hours of work a year, mostly in the Spring and Fall. So pre-industrial people actually had way more free time than even us pampered Americans. So your "sit around and introspect" idea is obviously bunk, and is just some "work till you die you sinner" Protestant bullshit.

Trannies were mostly reduced to being weird separate genders (South Asia, some of the Mediterranean, ancient steppe, whatever) or completely suppressed most everywhere else. This is mostly because the means to transition so hasn't really existed for most of human history, best you could do is castrate yourself. It wasn't because everyone was too busy toiling in the fields 20 hours a day eating 100g of bread in perpetual unrelenting suffering.

tl;dr: just because you are an ignorant fuck doesn't mean trannies are only in the first world
>>
Trans is not 3rd sex which is absolutely not genderqueer bullshit. It's that gendershit which we are tediously navel gazing in the 1st world.
Read Eric Hoffer guys. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Hoffer

When you don't have initiation rituals, but you do have comfort and surplus of possibilities, you end up paralyzed. Then you become alienated and desperate for identity. Then you either become a terrorist or a transbian. This shit clicks together. Go have a bar mitzvah ASAP. Kidding not kidding.
>>
>>5378572
what
>>
>>5378578
The OP thesis was at least half right. I made contentions delineating trutrans from other constructs. I then affirmed that yes; too much free time/luxury is a necessary ingredient to being a genderfluid nutjob.

At least read the damn wikipedia page. I'm too tired to be a patient teacher. Fucking read, boy.
>>
File: 1412150704652.png (51 KB, 856x940) Image search: [Google]
1412150704652.png
51 KB, 856x940
>>5378603
>too much free time/luxury
How come the ruling class of every society of every society hasn't been tranny as fuck? Free time and luxury is far from the sole domain of the middle class Westerner. How come the peasants of old with even more free time than modern man weren't running around in drag demanding pronoun respect?

Maybe it's because you are a pol troll, just maybe.
>>
>>5378614
>of every society of every society
Disregard the repeat.
>>
>>5378614
Which is why 1. trans is not the genderfluid subject at hand 2. luxury always allows more sexual excess exploration and gender bending
3. you don't understand what free luxury is.
4. pronoun roulette obviously wasn't a thing.
5. fuck you kid if you don't read any more on the subject. I respect stupid people with humility. The willfully ignorant are goin' inda trash-oven-camps.
>>
Fact: Transgenderism is a made up condition created by the medical community

Fact: The sex change industry makes billions of dollars a year from exploiting mentally ill people

Fact: /lgbt/ is a huge echo chamber of self-assured, self-destructive young men who have fully convinced themselves they are women

As much as all of you post cringe-worthy "do I pass" threads and "MTF generals" you cannot fight truth with fiction.

Maybe if ANY of you had any sort of worthwhile education you would be able to understand complex sociological issues.
>>
How transgender posters on /lgbt/ 'win' discussions:

* Call other poster ignorant
* Call other poster uneducated
* Tell the other poster their opinions are worthless
* Devalue other posters
* Assume everything you know is infallible
* Do a five second Google search and post results as proof for any disagreement
* Leave thread
>>
>>5378665
>no trannies have worthwhile education

M8, trannies are a pretty highly educated demographic

But that won't stop you guys from saying we are all in stem when trying to call us men, saying all of us have a humanities degree when you wanna call us tumblr, and calling us uneducated when you want to spout bullshit with impunity.
>>
>>5374092
>Do you think people in a war-torn nation sit around and think about how sad they are about not being [insert biological sex here]?

Yes, do you not see initiatives to give aid to said affected people in both the juridical and medical spheres?

> Do you think starving kids in Africa consider themselves agender or gender fluid?
>good old "but the Africans!"
As with any society, there are different cultures surrounding the treatment of roles for genders and those who do not conform. Also pretending to give a fuck about Africa to pad an argument to demean another category of people is the epitome of an asshole.

>Industrialization has created large blocks of free time in people's lives where people sit around and introspect until they go nuts.

Clearly as you're here trying to acquire validation for you ideas which I'm guessing are otherwise ignored by your peers. Not because you're horrible at allocating time and being productive doesn't mean everyone else is.

>Also, just a heads up for newfriends: /lgbt/ is a containment board for transgender people, and not really pertinent to LGB people who are literally the minority of this board.

ok.

>>5378665
>Fact [euphoria]
>no citation, begging the question [you made the claims, don't demand burden to disprove your claims], unpleasant replies
>>
File: lefsetz30n-2-web.jpg (39 KB, 635x467) Image search: [Google]
lefsetz30n-2-web.jpg
39 KB, 635x467
>>5378665
>Fact: Transgenderism is a made up condition created by the medical community
I think you need to sit down, Dear.
>worthwhile education you would be able to understand complex sociological issues
>worthwhile education sociological

You lost me at the sociological bit. Why again should we prioritize that over a biomedical education. You can't Xenu biology into people with whatever tumblr culture stuff you're talking about.
>>
>>5374092
All identity is a product of neurology you illiterate fuckwad
>>
>>5378681
If people came with educated arguments and not opinions based on feels no one would call you uneducated
>>
File: 5bc.png (11 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
5bc.png
11 KB, 625x626
>>5374092
>Do you think people in a war-torn nation sit around and think about how sad they are about not being [insert biological sex here]?
They dont give a shit about basically any modern commodities whatever that may be. Does that mean we should abandon all of our natural rights, good and services? Fuck no.
>>
>>5379609

>You lost me at the sociological bit. Why again should we prioritize that over a biomedical education. You can't Xenu biology into people with whatever tumblr culture stuff you're talking about.

Because /lgbt/ still looks at transgenderism as some sort of medical condition so they can justify it. PROTIP - it's not.
>>
>>5377024
>use my free time to fantasize about killing trannies
That's really weird and obsessive and sad, don't you have anything better to do/focus on in your life?
>>
>>5378681
Maybe try countering with some actual evidence facts sometimes instead of just your upset feels about "le degenerates".
>>
>>5380331
Neurological disorders aren't medical conditions?
Do you have any reason based in actual research/medicine/science and not just your oversensitive feels?
>>
>>5380331
"PROTIP" doesn't refute anything nor is it an argument. It's a lazy, self gratifying proclamation.

What gets me with your statement is that you only hold western societies in your mind when you made this statement as if theocratic or third world or eastern societies don't have members of their society who are experiencing this same issue. Unless you can find a research that every single transgender person happen to experience the same socialization, political affiliation, class, environment constraints as well as mobility and access to facilities/health care, I know you're just trying to get your pet perspective to be the only perspective on how transgenderism should be viewed or investigated.

One fact as long as it's stands is that a majority of the individuals are not transgender and you have not offered a reason as to why not to look at the biological/psychological breakdown of said individuals but to accept it as a sociological construct. You haven't provided a case as yet.
>>
>>5374092
People in war thorn countries don't think much about anything, they can lose an arm and a leg, but they don't have too much think about how bad they feel about it.

The people in the North Korean concentration camps don't have much time thinking about anything either, torture and everything is a daily activity for them, and they don't mope around for not having any family friends, or a future, or because they have long lasting disfigurement from the torture, or lost a few fingers.
>>
I am not sure what I think about this...but yes I do believe you are correct...though it is more than simple free time
Back in the days were we were tribal it was a necessity to fit into gender roles for the sake of an efficient society. Nowadays while gender roles are still very much necessary, the coddled liberals believe that gender rules are moribund and ancient...but outside of safe spaces & in the real world it doesn't really fly that way. Even naturally, homie. Men will look like men and women will look like women (generally). The gender neutral movement is an attempt at politicizing our own biology. It's fuckin nuts. Meanwhile people are dying in our own country and we are arguing about whether or not our children should be raised gender neutral...setting them up for failure basically, while there are real domestic issues that we are ignoring in lieu of this fashionable identity politics shit.
>>
>>5380554
*barks at you*

You can't say I'm not a dog
>>
>>5380635
Answer the question faggot, reading this whole thread is like the inside of an whiny 3rd grade child.

>inb4 nuh huh!

You're an idiot who can't discuss nor handle discussions, what a useful idiot for anything to feed anything to you.
>>
>>5380635
Intersex people exist in various forms so people can be between sexes in different ways and we have observed neurological structures in trannies more in-line with the sex they identify as.

There are no interspecies people or known mechanisms for a brain to be neurologically cross-dog or any other species.

But feel free to meme more because the evidence and facts upset your feels by not agreeing with you.
>>
>>5380632
Castrati being around in classical Greece, Hippocrates describing castration to treat gender issues and castrati being widespread in Byzantinum shows they're something that has existed since civilization.
>>
>>5380689
boys have a penis

girls have a vagina
>>
>>5380720
Which means that it's entirely possible to be born a boy with xx chromosomes or borderline a girl with xy. You know cause it turns out to be gene expression not chromosomes.

Sex is phenotype then, glad you, I and the scientists are on the same page then.
>>
>>5380731
>borderline
Born
>>
>>5380632
>Back in the days were we were tribal it was a necessity to fit into gender roles for the sake of an efficient society
Actually tribal societies show a lot of variation in gender roles and how they view the sexes.

Are you sure you're basing this on evidence and not just just what seems like it's probably right according to your feels?
>>
>>5380720
>if I stick my fingers in my ears and close my eyes I can ignore that intersex people and all the other facts that upset me exist !
>>
>>5374190
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONbRAeiLCvc
awesome documentary. simple, direct, no huge personal bias/spin, just background/explanation and a look into some transsexual people's lives.
>>
>>5377024
>Thailand has actual cultural background and reasoning for their transgenderism
Fails for moving the goalpost.
>>
File: 1437425485375.png (199 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1437425485375.png
199 KB, 2000x2000
>>
>>5374092
Read up on hinduism.
>>
File: MaslowsHierarchyOfNeeds.svg.png (103 KB, 2000x1414) Image search: [Google]
MaslowsHierarchyOfNeeds.svg.png
103 KB, 2000x1414
>>5374092
Holy shit you're 100% right, it's this cool thing called Maslow's hierarchy of needs. What I don't get though is why you seem to be looking at it negatively.

When humans pull themselves out of situations in which survival is the prime task, it leads to higher thinking, introspection, culture, art, and self identification. Are you trying to shame modern civilization for not being as completely fucked as the people in war-torn/pre-industrial areas?

I'm not seeing what there is to be upset about here.
>>
File: 1327007100087.png (13 KB, 679x427) Image search: [Google]
1327007100087.png
13 KB, 679x427
>>5374092
Yeah they also don't care about a lot of other things that are a sign of high civilization because they can't afford it, clever thinking Einstein
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.