[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.ibtimes.com.au/biologist -develop-transgenic-toba
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: tobacco-leaves[1].jpg (43 KB, 740x493) Image search: [Google]
tobacco-leaves[1].jpg
43 KB, 740x493
http://www.ibtimes.com.au/biologist-develop-transgenic-tobacco-plants-trans-people-grow-sex-hormones-home-1488230

>The biologist and artist from Baltimore in the US, Ryan Hammond, is aiming to produce supplements easier with the genetically modified plants, Motherboard reports. He found tobacco essential for the project due to earlier discoveries of the capacity of the plant to produce pharmaceuticals.

>The biologist is planning to consult people working in the synthetic biology field to secure a safe process to produce the products. Bioengineering scientist and research fellow at NASA Ames Research Centre, Josiah Zayner, said that Hammond’s future work is “totally plausible.”

a penny for your thoughts, /lgbt/
>>
>>5372021

How will you consume it? Will you need to go through some messy process like turning coca into cocaine to get a usable product?
>>
>>5372021
>background in art
>crowdfunding a genetic engineering experiment to grow sex hormones to distribute to trans people
>including testosterone, a controlled substance used as a performance enhancer
Jeez doesn't sound fishy at all
Even assuming this is actually legitimate and not some dickhead trying to rip off gullible trannies or sjws who want to show how progressive they are by throwing money at things, how are people supposed to process the plants by themselves? How do they plan to keep the testosterone plants out of the hands of juicers? How is this supposed to be in any way preferable to just ordering some fucking pills online for like 30 bucks a month?
>>
>>5372117
you're a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and your butt smells and you like to kiss your own butt
>>
>>5372126
ryan hammond pls go
>>
>>5372126
b-but how is having a big butt an insult?
>>
>>5372021
>GMO
>Tobacco
Two of the worst things coming together to create something beautiful.
>>
>>5372321
>GMOs
>bad
I bet you have no understanding of the actual concerns with GMOs, you're probably just like durr it's unnatural and bad
>>
inb4 cross-pollination leads to cigarettes causing smokers to grow tits and get massively ripped
>>
>>5372338
Well we haven't really studied them enough for them to be considered safe so It's a bad idea to be eating them right now
>>
>>5372415
my god, it's actually a plan to eliminate smoking
it'll end up so bad if you smoke cigarettes you grow giant tits you get roid rage and your hair falls out and you get ebola to boot
>>
>>5372191
yep
>>
>>5372021
I think it's pretty unrealistic. He doesn't even have an undergrad degree in sciences.
I'm sure he's learnt lots pursuing it as a hobby but he has no past work experience in real lab environments and no experience budgeting for the project.

It's interesting to think about but implausible unless he gets support from a pharmaceutical or other biosci firm.
I'm not sure what the exact cost of FDA approval is, but it's certainly no where even close to $22,000. I'd be thinking closer to several million dollars.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.