[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
everything is bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: thescreams.png (162 KB, 336x306) Image search: [Google]
thescreams.png
162 KB, 336x306
Hi /lgbt/. I need advice. Gonna try to greentext my story:

>19
>college freshman in indiana
>surprisingly not completely unattractive
>gay as hell
>grew up in a private christian school, dad is a pastor, everyone I know is religious to some degree
>applied for a new job but didn't realize that the ENTIRE STAFF IS RELIGIOUS
>want to drop religion
>tried to sign up for my college's G/S alliance but I accidentally put down an incorrect email and have no other way of contacting them
>not even really looking for a relationship as I am just for companionship/friends
>can't afford a place of my own

I don't know what to do to get out of this situation.

I'm looking for anything. Advice, people who are in a similar situations, etc. I know 4chan is probably the worst place to look for advice but I've always liked this board. You guys keep it real.
>>
>>5369059
Look for likeminded people online that you can meet for sex or relationships. That way you can vent and it will help you through the time you're forced to live under Jesus's boot. As soon as your education is finished you can get work and your own place and you'll be free.
>>
File: téléchargement.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
téléchargement.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
I know that feel bro
>>
File: 1426930694823.gif (1 MB, 300x166) Image search: [Google]
1426930694823.gif
1 MB, 300x166
Greetings fellow hoosierscum.

The real trick is to get out of this shithole state. That's been the source of practically all of my problems.
>>
Indiana is a huge school. Find the local gay community. BTW any big10ers been to Ohio State University. What the fuck is up with that place and columbus. Its soooooooooo gay/queer. The bars were filled with qts. So many femme qt lesbian couples. It was crazy some of the best gay bars iv been to anywhere in the US. I wish I went there instead of Illinois
>>
>>5369059

Religion is not your enemy. developing that attitude will sever every connection you have in life. You can have different beliefs and values while not putting them down

Remember that
>>
>>5369059
You'll have to sacrifice a little.

My advise would be to remain in the closet and save up cash until you have enough to get out.
You're essentially living in a hostile environment right now and a wrong move might cost you your job, your house and with bad luck even your life.
Also the only "gay contact" you can have is online. Religious people cannot be trusted with that info, no matter how friendly they appear.

Just hold out and hope for a bright future.
>>
>>5369886
>Religious people cannot be trusted with that info, no matter how friendly they appear.
Sadly, this (Unless your Dad's church volunteers at LGBT events, and organized marriage equality rallies, your parents are likely going to be hostile).

Priority 1 is to focus on your studies to achieve financial independence, and priority 2 is to keep trying to get in touch with the G/S alliance.
>>
OP here
>>5369811
Thanks, that is something I forget often

>>5369886
I've debated on going on tinder possibly or some other apps just to start meeting people in the area, but I think all of those people are looking for sex. I just want to make friends. Plus I'll also have to lie to my parents a lot about where I'm going and that bothers me (but hey, I've been lying to them about how straight i am for this long lmao)

>>5370128
my parents stop watching television shows they're invested in just because one male character implied he had a boyfriend, so it's safe to say they don't go to any lgbt events lol
>>
>>5375868
You talked about wanting to join your school's G/S alliance, but if that's not an option you could try for a secular student association instead.
They're almost certainly going to be LGBT friendly, and they are typically discreet for people in your situation with very religious parents. Also if you want to drop religion a secular student association is the place for you to parse out those ideas.
>>
>>5369625
Yeah, our state fucking sucks.
>>
Thanks guys.
>>5376374
I think I might message their facebook page about it. The only problem is that I don't want to sound too interested in it, because if it turns out to be a bunch of SJW shit, I don't want to look weird when I bail. "Why was he so interested if he only went to one meeting...?"

>>5369801
I don't go to IU, I go to a much smaller college. I'm really broke so no big ten schools for me.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.