[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A question for people who have very conservative family member.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 2016424720_coming_out_xlarge.jpg (16 KB, 320x274) Image search: [Google]
2016424720_coming_out_xlarge.jpg
16 KB, 320x274
My Grandfather is very homophobic and I'm afraid of how he will react when he finds out I am gay. I don't want him to hate me especially because we are very close. I'm scared he won't accept me for who I truly am. Was anyone else in this situation? How did your family members react when you came out?
>>
Are you in love to him ?
Are you going to start wearing "IM A FAG" shirts ?
Are you going to bring your bf to your family meetings ?
If not, then why should you tell him you're gay ?
>>
>>5361334
A: Stay in closet, stay close with grandfather
B: Come out, ignore grandfather for the rest of your life.

Life is full of tough choices.
>>
>>5361334
Oh and stop using these colorful happy pictures.
Coming out is not a fun and happy experience.
>>
>>5361357
What I'm thinking of doing is telling everyone else including my other family members, because I'm pretty sure they will accept me no matter what. I'll tell them not to tell him. I feel like my family would be a lot happier if I told them the truth. And to be honest I don't want me and my grandfather to be divided when he passes away.
>>
>>5361404
Maybe for you, but I'd rather stay positive about everything
>>
>>5361411
Yeah they're accidentally slip up and he'll know.
So either you tell him, or they'll do it for you.
>I'm pretty sure they will accept me no matter what.
That's a common mistake.
>I don't want me and my grandfather to be divided when he passes away.
Would you feel happy knowing you lied to him?
After all you just said "I feel like my family would be a lot happier if I told them the truth."
Wouldn't that apply to him as well?
Ad if you want him to know the truth, do you want him to hear it from someone else or from you?
>>
Why the fuck do you need to come out? Do you have a significant other? Unless the answer is 'yes', there is absolutely no reason to come out unless you're either an attentionwhore or a degenerate flaming faggot who deserves AIDS
>>
>>5361486
Well at the very least I know my friends will accept me if I'm gay. One time when I was drunk I told everyone I sucked another guys dick. Like a week later they addressed this and they asked me if I was gay, and that they wouldn't care if I was. At the time I didn't want anyone to know so I just told them I was just experimenting.
>>
>>5361334
>are you better off after coming out?
Honestly OP, if you think he'd cut you out of his life, then don't do it.
You're too concerned about what people think of you. Your friends and family are obviously pretty chill, so what's the big deal?
>>
I was born in a very conservative family. They accepted me but never speak about it, never make a single reference to it, refuse to meet my partner and don't want me to bring shame on them. They simply never refer to my sexuality/love interests and act like I'm heterosexual.

It could have been worse.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.