[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does intersectional feminism explain the wage gap between
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 18tessierWEB-blog480.jpg (56 KB, 480x290) Image search: [Google]
18tessierWEB-blog480.jpg
56 KB, 480x290
How does intersectional feminism explain the wage gap between lesbians and straight women? Why do lesbians earn more than straight women? Are lesbians less oppressed than straight women?
>>
I understand that you mentioned 'lesbians', but this isn't an LGBT topic. It's a feminism topic. 4chan does not have a feminism board, but try >>>/pol/ or >>>/b/

Thanks!
>>
Lesbians are the one true mastert race and they don't submit to the oppressive dick, that or the wage gap is bullshit
>>
>>5340150
Feminism is a movement that has occupied the lgbt movement. Until we remove the toxic ideology that condemns gay men and trans women, feminism will be a topic for the /lgbt/

But I understand as a lesbian you do not wish to explain why you earn more than straight women.
>>
>>5340092
We don't have babies as much and don't take maternity leave as often so we make more money.

Popping out a baby fucks your shit up. Idk if there will ever be a policy put in place that doesn't make it so. Even allowing extended paid maternity leave for both genders or trying to ignore it isn't gonna change the fact that it takes a lot out of you financially and physically and mentally.

Also I'm curious about how much more lesbians make more than straight women. What's your source on this dude?
>>
File: 1448018416216.png (55 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1448018416216.png
55 KB, 600x600
>>5340092
>How does intersectional feminism explain X
They dont. They assert a lot of things sure but how many of those claims actually hold any water?
>>
we are anonymous
>>
>>5340092
>equal pay for equal work
Maybe if they did equal work they would get equal pay, just saying
>>
Can you even back up this claim, OP?
>>
>>5340092
>lesbians earn more than straight women
Post a source and I might bother with a response.
>>
>>5340926
too late
>>
>>5340931
>shit posting: the board
>>
>>5340092
Anyone have any sauce to back up the claim that in modern times women are paid less than men for doing the same work?
>>
>>5340947
http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/09/25/before-that-sex-change-think-about-your-next-paycheck/?_r=0
closest ive found
>>
"masculine" jobs pay more
>>
>>5340947
It's an unequal amount of gross income. So you take all the money made by every woman and man and put them in two piles. The difference is the income ratio. It's not a matter of difference of income for the same work. This is why you see an "income inequality" even in confusing places like Hilary Clinton's staff or Obama's Whitehouse. Male staff tend to work more hours, take less health days, and so on.

So the ratio IS real. But the difference has been attributed by almost everyone for about a decade now to be due to life choices of women tending to differ from men. This is found after controlling for many possible causes. It is however still something of a nostalgic trope for radical feminists.
>>
>>5340092
>how does feminism explain
However they like.
Most feminist thought is unscientific and not subject to proper investigative or evaluation processes.
Thus you end up with shit like: "physics is mysogenistic because the speed of light is privileged".
>>
>>5340092
Lesbians are probably as a whole more likely to negotiate for higher pay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDj_bN0L8XM
>>
men and women are paid the same, it's just that - get this - most women work less, so they make less money.
>>
You said "Opressed." On 4chan
How low can this board go....
>>
>>5340092
People who are scarier get paid better.

Slaves got no money because they were no threat. Kings get paid everything because they're all the threat. And people like you and me are somewhere inbetween.
>>
>>5341575
or confidence and respect goes a long way with a bit of luck
>>
>>5341582
Oh, you're right. Slaves were freed because they gained confidence and showed respect after centuries of bondage. And likewise kings lost their power because they lost their self-confidence and quit showing respect to their subjects. lol
>>
>>5341585
kings were cowards .^)
>>
>>5341017
Read this twice
>>
>>5340150
This. Please fuck off with your social justice bullshit.
>>
File: political beliefs.jpg (89 KB, 500x548) Image search: [Google]
political beliefs.jpg
89 KB, 500x548
>>5340092
>feminism
Go back to tumblr (or /pol/) if you want to discuss this particular type of insanity.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.