[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ok so figured this was the most suitable board to post to, 18/f
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: BreastBinder2.jpg (12 KB, 216x253) Image search: [Google]
BreastBinder2.jpg
12 KB, 216x253
ok so figured this was the most suitable board to post to,
18/f with 36E breasts and i'm suuuper uncomfortable with them. i would prefer to be more androgynous in appearance.
would a binder help me in any way? would it help make them smaller permanently or is it too late for that?
>>
>>5309559
post em
>>
>>5309559
Get breast reduction. Also binders are painful and change the way your breasts look instead of actually reducing the size.
>>
For you, I dont think binder would help much more than a sports bra, and its hard to breathe even in the expensive ones. Feels like a chest corset desu. Breasts are mostly just fat though, if you lose weight they might go down.
>>
>>5309559
Lose weight.
>>
>>5309559
Some insurance companies and government health care programs will often pay for a reduction if it causes you enough issues. If you're a bit chubby they usually will ask you to lose weight first, but like the other anon said, just losing weight can help if you got some already.

However uhm, binders for when a girl is at your kind of size are often unsatisfactory, they'll constrain you a lot, but all binders do is just make you appear smaller. Once it's off they're as big as they've always been. If you thought otherwise I mean.

I'd consider a reduction if I were in your shoes, just make sure you don't end up getting one because of a phase of wanting to be more boyish/androgynous. A friend of mine actually did that and she regrets it, but again that's probably because her girlfriend freaking loves huge breasts.
>>
FtM here.

DON'T wear a binder. It'll make your breasts sag at best, and crack your ribs or damage your organs at worst. Consider breast reduction.
>>
>>5309559
>and i'm suuuper uncomfortable with them
How so? Is is just size, or are there other aspects that you are also uncomfortable with?

This >>5309729
>>
>>5309575
>>5309653
>>5309729
>>5309771
ty guys. i had previously thought about reductions but maybe wait til im a lil older, incase I grow to like em. my insecurity was definately worse when i was younger as i wasnt into clothes or makeup or anything so i'd just wear the baggiest thing possible.
>>5309774
theyre just too big for me, i'm quite short and they were always a big insecurity. i'd be more comfortable with a C cup or something.
>>
>>5309810
If they just make you a bit uncomfortable, but you don't desire to be a man or anything like it, you can start learning to like them, I've had a lot of girl friends who were super uncomfortable with their breasts growing up, but once they reached their 20s and became more comfortable with and learned more about themselves, most of them are happy having them and it makes them feel sexy and whatnot. Don't let them restrict you from who you are.

You're just more vulnerable when you're still young, but maybe once you're happier with yourself and where you are in your life, you'll probably learn to like them, especially if you end up with a partner you love a lot who appreciates them.
>>
>>5309810
You didn't even address the possibility of losing weight.
You don't end up with a 36 band size without being fat.
>>
>>5309897
it seemed kinda obvious. i used to be a lot bigger
>>
>>5309927
So then it'd make a lot more sense to ask if you'd lose breast size as you lose weight.
The worst thing there is are fat people that aren't even trying to lose weight, and instead are looking for other ways to become "happy with themselves", such as retarded shit like "fat acceptance".
>>
>>5309954
what's wrong with being happy with your natural weight rather than starving your way into social acceptability? sure, if you have a binge eating at mcdonald’s problem that's one thing, but if you already have healthy habits and are still fat, it's healthier to stay fat rather than going full anorexic to reach a "normal" weight, as most fat people with healthy habits have to do to come close to maintaining thinness. there's even some evidence that moderately obese people are overall healthier than thin people: http://qz.com/550527/obesity-paradox-scientists-now-think-that-being-overweight-is-sometimes-good-for-your-health/ (yeah it's not a major site but it actually links to the studies it discusses).
>>
When worn for long periods of time, binders slightly break down tissue which leads to "pancake boobs" although it takes months or years for this to happen. But if you don't want to slowly damage them, don't wear a binder for extended times.
>>
Binder would help on a day-to-day basis, but they are extremely uncomfortable. You could try out a GC2B (most comfy one) to see if you like it. It will not make them smaller permanently, just smush 'em.

You'll need breast reduction surgery to make 'em smaller permanently, unfortunately.
>>
Binders destroy breast tissue. Unless you are comfortable with having deformed flattened breasts the rest of your life I would avoid them...
>>
>>5310744
only if you're wearing them daily for at least a couple years. anything sooner than that is wishful thinking by ftms who can't get top surgery
>>
>>5309897
>tfw 36B 5'10" 143lb

I'm on the low end of healthy weight, should I lose weight anon?
>>
>>5310462
Eating like 2000kcal+ is not a healthy eating habbit, even if what you eat is healthy.
It could easily be lowered to 1600kcal if you have a bit slower metabolism.

>what's wrong with being happy with your natural weight rather than starving your way into social acceptability?
Because being fat is not a natural weight, being fat comes from eating in excess, or in some rare cases, from medical disorders.

>>5310946
mtfs often have large ribcages, but cis females, especially like 5'5 ones, wouldn't usually have a ribcage larger than 28".
>>
>>5310462
>fat acceptance
Literally kill yourself. Being overweight is bad for you, you can't fit into the majority of clothes and you look disgusting. It is not natural.Just lose weight and stop making excuses.
>>
>>5311307
i never said that overeating is healthy, dude. and some people are naturally fat while eating ordinary healthy amounts. there is not one single healthy bmi where anyone who goes beyond it is automatically unhealthy, and more and more research is showing that being moderately obese is much healthier than being underweight. the obsession with thinness is not based in health but in outdated social rules that we as a society need to move past so we can focus on reality.
>>
>>5311358
>the obsession with thinness is not based in health but in outdated social rules
Beauty is obviously not based on health, but nor is it based on social roles, it's based on what's beautiful.

Fat is ugly, and unhealthy, you'd have to be retarded to keep being fat.
People aren't built to be fat, but if you're fat as a kid you're making it harder to be skinny in your adulthood, because your body has adjusted to being fat.
You've basically permanently screwed up your body from childhood, from being fat.

Eat less, and stop being a retard.
>>
>>5310808
>couple of years
>daily
Try a few months. Breast tissue is all fat, its very prone to bruising and damage..
>>
>>5311342
>>5312069
i'm only 150lbs at 5'8", first off. i'm not making excuses for myself because i myself am fat, i'm looking at the actual evidence rather than basing my beliefs about health on my personal feelings. actually read the article i posted and the studies it linked to, and try to make an actually informed argument against it. if you refuse to learn, there's no point in arguing with you.
>>
>>5312615
except if you actually look at before & after pics of trans men getting top surgery, with the before pics being of breasts that have been bound for quite awhile, there's often no noticeable difference between them and ordinary breasts that spend all their time in supportive bras. it takes an unusual body or quite a bit of time for any damage to be visually noticeable.
>>
>>5312795
So it's not that bad then, but you could lose 20lbs.
Get a breast reduction then, I don't think 20lbs would be enough to significantly shrink them, not that I'd know though.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.