[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here actually found a decent online outlet to obtain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1448223677814.gif (301 KB, 350x464) Image search: [Google]
1448223677814.gif
301 KB, 350x464
Has anyone here actually found a decent online outlet to obtain hormones that are somewhat effective and if so could you testify if they worked?

Also would appreciate additional tips for transitioning possibly without hormones if possible. Thanks!
>>
>>5289743
3 weeks on mones from QHI and I've got booblets and painful nipples, which suggests they're working.

qhi.co.uk
>>
>>5289758
Whoa, thanks a lot!
Personally looking for something to give me a more fem face, despite being told I'm rather passable already. Not that I believe that haha.
>>
>>5289776
well, if that happens at all, you're looking at somewhere from 3 months to a year for fat redistribution to kick in, so you'll need to be patient
>>
>>5289743
Well you could use qhi like >>5289758 said, there's also alldaychemist, really where to get them isnt the hard part. Its researching the effects, dosages, and only do this if you absolutely can't wait until a legitimate prescription because you can really hurt yourself if you mess up.
>>
>>5292971
What's the best way to self medicate? Not op, but I live in the middle of nowhere and it seems getting a doc to help me out is going to be impossible
>>
>>5292990
Well youd be surprised about what you could find, you need to see a councilor or therapist and get a letter from them, from there just about any endo can help you.

Anyways, like I said, only self med as a last resort, I really can't stress that enough, but if you need to you can get your hormones from the two sites I said. 2-4mg of estrogen tablets is a pretty standard dose, then for your anti androgen (T blockers) there's spironolactone, 100-200mg is a normal dose for that. There's also cyproterone acetate at 50mg (only use Spiro or Cypro if it wasn't obvious, not both)
>>
>>5293017
That's a decent start to look into, and once ordered, just take those dosages daily?

I've looked around and asked people that have dealt with hrt but most of them got their start in a different state, and moved here later on during their transition
>>
>>5289803

It's 1 year to 3 years for fat redistribution to actually occur. Your body doesn't up and move your fat in just 3 months. Your body still can get changes up to about the 7 year mark. I'm a little past that myself.

>>5292990

Injections are more effective than the pills - estradiol valterate intramuscular injection, 10mg/week is the superior method of DIY hormones. It takes a little skill but isn't out of your reach. It's also cheaper than the pills. My gf stalled out at 3 years, on the pills - injections made her boobs start growing again, and they're still going 4 years in. It's advisable to do private blood tests regardless of which method you use, as well.
>>
File: injections how to.png (137 KB, 1893x537) Image search: [Google]
injections how to.png
137 KB, 1893x537
>>5293116

Forgot my image.
>>
>>5293070
Um yes and no. First you kinda need to choose an AA, Spiro is a potassium sparing diuretic which basically means you'll have to pee a ton and you can't eat a lot of potassium or bad things happen. Cypro avoids that but has depression as a potential side effect (however this could simply be because of low T, since AAs are used to treat prostate cancer in guys, but still, take that into consideration)

Now, from what I've researched you should start with your AAs for about a month before going on E, having both in your system can cause pretty bad moodswings that can end badly if you have any issues with depression (I unfortunately was not aware of this when I started, speaking from experience, the moodswings are terrible and pretty dangerous). After about a month you can start your E, I wouldn't suggest diving right to 4mg, start at 2 for a month or two then maybe go up to 4.

But remember, this whole time, work towards getting a prescription, you could have your levels wrong, with Spiro you could have dangerously high potassium levels, etc. Hope this text wall helped some.
>>
>>5293158
This thread has done way more than I could find out on my own. I'll try to keep looking for a clinic or doctor that can help but it just looks like it's not going to happen any time soon, and I'd rather start while I've set myself up for it and not later when I may not have a job
>>
>>5293232
Glad to have helped, any other questions you have you can probably get answers for in transhelp gen
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.