[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Despite haven gotten quite far in physical transition, I feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
Despite haven gotten quite far in physical transition, I feel like giving up.
The future just looks impossible, I'll never get there, I don't have the energy for it, and I think I'm about to lose the will as well.
I don't even know what I'm fighting for anymore, even if I manage to live "as a woman", it's not like there's going to be anything making it worthwhile.

Anyone else dealing with the same thing?
>>
>>5275340
>Anyone else dealing with the same thing?

Nope everyone else is doing just fine.

Must suck to suck - not that any of us would know.
>>
>>5275340
>Despite haven gotten quite far in physical transition
out of curiosity, what do you call quite far
>>
>>5275368
Well, thinking about it, I still have a bit left on physical transition, but I've still arguably gotten quite far.
Even in guy clothes, I'll in general be assumed to be female, but androgynous enough for people not to really get shocked/surprised if I say something else. Also slight beard shadow, which people might notice if I make them look for it.
>>
>>5275391
So like 2 years in?
>>
>>5275530
2-3 years hormones, about 5 or 6 years total time trying to transition.
>>
>>5275391
so it sounds like you're androgynous leaning female. why do you think you're losing the will to continue? is it because you feel like this is as good as you can get? or do you think with more time you could look more female, but the idea no longer interests you and it doesnt feel worth the effort?

what would giving up mean? total detrans into male mode, or just stopping where you are, as androfem?

i only ask all these questions cause it seems like you are lost and dont know what to do next. you should try to figure out what option sounds best to you. going back to male, staying andro, or becoming more female. if no option sounds best, then you might just be depressed and therefore life is feeling hopeless no matter what path you choose. in that case therapy or psychiatry might be best.

good luck anon. its your life, and there are no wrong answers here
>>
>>5275340
I feel you op, I'm partime and passing, but it's a lot of work and hassle.
I'm just waiting for the moment when I snap out of this and move on w life

cis male = easier, more successful life
>>
>>5275671
>why do you think you're losing the will to continue?
> or do you think with more time you could look more female, but the idea no longer interests you and it doesnt feel worth the effort?
With a lot of effort, I don't think I'd have much problem looking completely female, like passing really well.
But, all that effort is going to be a lot of effort, that will require energy, that isn't gonna come from anywhere.

Then, even if I did get energy and manage to get through it all, there's nothing on the other side, there's no good future after it.

>what would giving up mean?
Just killing myself, I'm not going to live as male or andro/fem.
>>
>>5275750
that... does sound rough. i can totally get that. it sounds like the only way for you to live a life in which you wouldnt feel suicidal, is to put in effort that you dont feel capable of putting in due to the lack of energy or motivation.

if youre in a state in which you just feel like giving up (suicide), then words of encouragement like "just hang in there!" or "just go for it!" wont help. i know it wont change the way you feel or make it any easier.

that being said, all i can really do for you is exactly that. all i can say is that i really think you should at least, some how, try to muster up the energy to complete your transition. even if it sounds pointless and seems like it wont bring happiness, it cant be any worse than suicide. whether you kill yourself now or 5 years from now, you'll still spend the rest of eternity not existing, so those five years wont make any difference. neither will ten years, twenty years, etc etc.

life is dumb and we all end up dead and forgotten so might as well ride it out and see where it takes us. sorry to give you a "just hang in there", but i guess what im saying is just hang in there
>>
>can pass and is andro
>wants to give up

eat shit anon, i'd kill kittens for what you got.

>>5275696

You too.
>>
>>5276151
I'm not op. I don't take passing for granted at all. learning, studying, training yourself how to be fem has consumed some much of my life already.

I've isolated myself b/c I don't want others to know I am this way.

The rare times that I see a trans person, I just want to run up to them and talk, but I know I hate being clocked and so I won't do it to them either
>>
>>5276151
sure, I get that.... But.
It's like, if you're running away from an animal hunting you. Then, once you get away from it, you realize... You're on a deserted island, so there's nothing for you.
You survived the animal, but it's not like there's anything waiting for you on that deserted island.

Ok.
I'm not going to get a boyfriend, I'm not going to get married and have a family, I'm not even going to have a good job. There's just nothing there.
Even if there are some men interested, I wouldn't be interested in them, either because of appearance, or because of their personality, or probably both. Even if I were to settle for them, it's not gonna last that long, because that's not the kind of relationships you get.
>>
>>5278657
>I'm not going to get a boyfriend, I'm not going to get married and have a family, I'm not even going to have a good job. There's just nothing there.
>Even if there are some men interested, I wouldn't be interested in them, either because of appearance, or because of their personality, or probably both. Even if I were to settle for them, it's not gonna last that long, because that's not the kind of relationships you get.
fuck, that's exactly where i am right now too. i only started to take AAs though and can't predict passing yet. how long do you feel that way already?
>>
>>5278769
Quite a while, I never got into that stupid thing where trans girls thinks that trans girls are highly desirable to men.

I keep dreaming and hoping though, so it's difficult to really say.
>>
I feel the same way op. I am like two years on hrt. I don't pass got shity German brow and wide Irish jaw. I can get ffs next year but this whole thing is depressing I sometimes don't want to bother and just want to kill myself. And if ffs still leaves me all manly and dysphoric I'll probably want to end it even more. Truth is wish I could redo my life and I feel like I missed the best years of life to be a girl and that I don't have the genetic basis to be attractive enoughfor my ppersonal standards.
>>
>>5278769
>>5282335
I'm recent poster. So ya I feel this way to.When I am motivated in my life and happy it's because I believe the dream that I can be attractive, make plenty of money and date wonderful men. But the reality is more depressing and the depression will probably fuck up the making money part as well.
>>
So you're depressed because everything has been devoted to this dramatic story arc and as it draws to a close you're feeling sad because you've made no other purpose in life than passing.

You also have no interest in finding love because that would involve real intimacy with another person.

So then you start your own thread bawwing about the end of PROJECT ME instead of posting in a ducking general.

That is sad.
>>
>>5282404
>you're feeling sad because you've made no other purpose in life than passing.
I didn't choose to be trans, and being trans eliminated pretty much all my chances of things.

>You also have no interest in finding love because that would involve real intimacy with another person.
Yeah, because being sad about not getting a bf, getting married, and start a family, really does mean that.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.