[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
face epilator recommendation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1420906255927.jpg (209 KB, 675x927) Image search: [Google]
1420906255927.jpg
209 KB, 675x927
sup legbutts, im mft and i need advice to get rid of the beard,as i cant laser (lightskinned and light hair) and my piece of shit health insurance wont pay a electrolysis.(It would cost me 8000€ to pay myself wich si impossible for me)

So im looking for an epilator i can use myself at home,wich can you recommend? I already know about emla cream to numb the skin against the pain and aloevera gel to treat the skin after the epilation.
>>
You shouldn't use an epilator on your face. I made that mistake once.
>>
>>5271492
what else are you supposed to do to red rid of the beard then?
>>
>>5271492
You have epilators meant for facial hair.
It's important you don't get an epilator meant for body hair however.
>>5271463
Anon I recommend starting out with just tweezers. it's not that much slower than a facial epilator. If you're on HRT your hairs will grow really slowly back, so once you get it all done, you only need to spend like 10-15 minutes once or twice a week after that, and that your hairs are light will make this easier on you when they've barely grown back and can't be plucked yet.

When I was plucking I shaved my neck & sides of my face, but plucked stache & chin with good results, though I have dark hairs and plan to laser so I went back to just shaving and covering shadow with my makeup setup for it.
>>
>>5271590
Also worth mentioning a body hair epilator on your face would require hairs to have a fair bit of length, but the issue is that most epilators that have 2 wheels with tweezers on them will snag onto your skin on i.e. your chin.

Seriously though, plucking isn't that bad, once you've done it a few times you can do it without looking while like watching videos on the internet or whatever you like to do, if not you can just use a tiny mirror to help you out.
>>
>>5271463
Do you have light hairs?
If they're dark you can go and get laser, to try to get rid of most of the hair.
>>
>>5271611
Did you not read her post?
>>
>>5271585

Shave :/ if you can't get electrolysis yet. Epilators, even the fancy kind, will break hairs when used on the face and cause them to become ingrown. Plucking them with a tweezers will break less hairs if you're careful, but it's very time consuming to do large areas. Haven't tried waxing yet desu because I'm afraid of my skin breaking out.. I just pluck my upper lip and shave the rest. It sucks, but I keep my face relatively blemish free, no beard shadow.

>>5271590

Dunno anon. I bought the nicest one I could find on amazon and it destroyed my face..
>>
>>5271640
O-oh, well I don't know much, but like I said my best advice would be to pluck instead, as you have more control.

You generally stop getting ingrown hairs on HRT from plucking, as skin gets super soft so hairs won't have issues leaving pores.
>>
>>5271590
Not OP or anything, but how much does it hurt to pluck facial hairs? Is it something you can get used to? Does it irritate the skin?
>>
plucking hurts to much and is anoying as hell, i tried it before, it takes to long.shaving is not a good option ether i had to do it every day and wear tons of make up to cover the beardshadow.
>>
basically, there is no easy cheap solution to facial hair. sorry.
>>
>>5271668
Does not hurt too much, but doing the stache near the nose will make your nose runny. But again I'm quite acclimated to pain due to my masochistic nature / I'm a painslut.

I recommend warming & softening up the skin first so the pores open, i.e. taking a hot shower before plucking, it makes it a lot easier. It does not irritate the skin too much, less than what shaving does for me at least. I just kept a hot cup of tea around and put it against my skin where I'm plucking and it made it not at all painful.

Ideally you only want to pluck if you have low density of hairs and or light hairs, the more hairs you have and darker they are, the more you need to wait for HRT to do it's thing to pluck or get proper hair removal.

>>5271680
Are you not on HRT? Or just had too many preexisting hairs? If so then I understand why plucking is no-go.
I had issues with beard shadow early HRT too with plucking, but soon 6 months I know I could pluck and have so little shadow I'd pass without makeup, but I plan to get laser very soon so still shaving.
>>
>>5271700
im 9 month on hrt, it hurts like hell doing it, since hrt my skin reacts alot more to touches especially pluging,also it takes hours to plug everything.
>>
>>5271737
Oh well then, I'm sorry Anon.

Try to warm up your skin while doing it with i.e. a cup of hot water against where you're working, and also moisturize in advance, if that doesn't help I don't know what to tell you. You do have facial hair removal cream that will make this process a lot easier though.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.