[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>implying Texas isn't the best place in America to be lgbt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7
File: 1439519681305.jpg (267 KB, 2048x1369) Image search: [Google]
1439519681305.jpg
267 KB, 2048x1369
>implying Texas isn't the best place in America to be lgbt
>>
Why would it be? Also, who are you quoting?
>>
I do like living here. At least as a lesbian. Ain't worried about abortion cause I while yeah I support it cause damn if I don't want more poor babies in the system idgaf personally cause it's not like I'll ever accidentally get preggers with my gf.

But besides that it's really nice people and food and weather despite the gov trying to fuck us over all the time.
>>
>>5257490
Apart from Austin and Houston, Texas is a shithole. Barely anything to do. Full of semi literate rednecks. Too fucking hot. Non existent gay scene. I left Dallas for the PNW. Best decision I've made so far. The only thing I miss is the cheap rent and ready access to Shiner.
>>
>>5257524
When did you move from Dallas? I was thinking of moving there if I got a job there...
>>
>>5257490
I love this anti-Texas persecution narrative surviving into fuggin 2015. Major cities full of awesome everything plus liberalism including Austin (the fuggin capital) that's so gay friendly people look at you funny and just point in all directions if you ask where the gay district is.

Basically you have this campfire story in your head about rampaging christian rednecks in the tiny towns you'd never go to and never will anyway just to get up on your queen cross.

Motherfucker, people wanted to clap last time I cuddled my boy in public at a DFW suburb. Suburb. That was like 4 years ago. You are not oppressed bish.
>>
>>5257490
Austin, Tx maybe
>>
>>5258362
>implying everyone in Texas lives in one of the major cities
>>
>>5257524
How much more expensive is it to live there? I'm currently squatting in Arlington, but I want out.
>>
>>5258428
That major city part applies to every state. Go outside of the bigger cities in Washington and you'd run into some pretty conservative people.
>>
>>5258428
Implying anyone is forcing you to stay or go anywhere. Be an adventurous faggot and go where it's nice for you. The world is not required to be nice for you everywhere you go. Work around the bad parts, pal.
>>
>>5258438
I'm paying about 925 for a single bedroom thats pretty considerably less fancy than what I was paying about 700 for in Dallas. I'm not rolling in money by any means and I'm working quite a bit more but its worth it to live in a big city that _feels_ like a big city. Its bike friendly, lots of stuff to do, lots of interesting people. And NO 90+ weather from May til October.
>>
Sure is great to be beat the shit out of in Dallas, have an arson case where you're the victim covered up in the oil fields, be SOL for housing on the coast, and be a ghettoed caricature in the Capital. Oh, yeah, and have basic medical procedures denied across the state.

OP must be rich and inbred enough that no one says shit. I love my state, but it craps on folks like me.
>>
>>5258362
The gay district is pretty well defined in Austin. There's even a gay neighborhood. You're a suburbanite, ain't you?
>>
>>5259022
No, you're just being a pedantic shit. A string of gay bars or a wealthy area for married queers because good schools is not what I meant by gay district. Point is nearly the whole damn city is a safe space.
>>
>>5259018
Hey, I'm the other Texasfag. Could you answer this? I hear Dallas has changed a lot over the past few years so I'm still curious if it's a huge suburb like everyone says.
>>5258288
>>
Lol. I'm a closet tranny. At least I live in denton xD
>>
Britbong here, isn't being gay in Texas like being gay in Uganda?
>>
>>5259432
Nah. Some of our politicians are whack but the people are great.
>>
>>5259432
Depends on where you live. If you live in bumfuck nowhere, you might have a bad time.

But if you live in DFW or especially Austin, you should be fine. Its kinda ironic that Austin is so liberal since its the capitol of Texas. Its also practically the hipster capitol of the US, or at least close to it.
>>
File: 1440420972277.png (661 KB, 1317x787) Image search: [Google]
1440420972277.png
661 KB, 1317x787
>>5259432
Major cities and surrounding areas are fine.
>>
>>5259432
Nah, even bumfuck texas ain't so bad. It's more on how evangelican the folks are but even then it's just the neighbors don't like you. Not like burned and hung and thrown in jail over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhl9MLno424

Most people, even country people, in texas have this ingrained leave-me-the-fuck-alone attitude. Like they might not like fags, might not wanna work with one, or raise one, but they're not gonna go out of their way to chase one down.
>>
>>5258362
>Motherfucker, people wanted to clap last time I cuddled my boy in public at a DFW suburb.

Cringe as fuck. I know fags like you love the attention, but I'd find it annoying as fuck if anyone looked like they wanted to 'clap' for me cuddling my bf: I'd be as self-conscious as if somebody said 'faggot'.

Just leave me alone, that's all I want.
>>
>>5258362
damn that sounds uncomfortable as fuck
live in portland where it's normal and taken for granted that everybody is a sexual snowflake
>>
Houston is fun. The election made me sad though. I hated those commercials.
>>
>>5260603
What happened?
>>
File: bakku-shan.jpg (49 KB, 605x842) Image search: [Google]
bakku-shan.jpg
49 KB, 605x842
>>5257490
I live in El Paso. Definitely sort of backwards. Here people will still stare and whisper if you're holding hands with your boyfriend in public. Mexican culture is definitely dominant here.
>>
File: feel.gif (13 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
feel.gif
13 KB, 633x758
That feel when live in El Paso, which was rated #1 for ugliest men.

I just want a white, manly, burly bearmode bf who is around my age. To be honest, I have kind of a preference for big, masculine guys who are bottoms or somewhat submissive.

But maybe I'm ugly, myself.
>>
>>5261649
You're right, the guys here are pretty gross.
>>
>>5261681
Are you Mexican, Anon? (I am).

And I meant no offense to you - but really, most of the other gays here are, well.... sleazy. Most are older guys. and the younger ones tend to be rather ugly and act like queens. That said, there's not even that many homos here.

t.Living in the Westside
>>
>>5261649
I'm moving to El Paso
>>
>>5261712
Welcome.

How come? Let me guess... are you military? Most of the newcomers here tend to be coming to Ft. Bliss, you see.
>>
>>5261725
Nope. Just here for school.
>>
>>5261736
So, you are coming to UTEP, then? Well, where are you from? How old are you? Are you really white and burly? :33
>>
>>5259432
Yes
>>
>>5261725
No, if all the men there are ugly, I would be a god
>>
>>5261782
On the other hand, I want to move from El Paso. There are many reasons, but among them is the fact that I'll never find bf here.
>>
>>5257524

They;ve got any beer you'd want in the PNW, especially OR.
>>
>>5261805
And where is here?
>>
>>5261839
El Paso, obviously. I said I want to move 'from' here (El Paso) to somewhere else.
>>
>>5261865
Oops, where do you want to live then?
>>
>>5258288
I like Dallas but the Oak Lawn crowd can be super stuck-up, especially the younger kids.
>>
>>5261741
I'm 34 and I'm not burly but I am white.
>>
File: fiesta-river-parade.jpg (59 KB, 550x362) Image search: [Google]
fiesta-river-parade.jpg
59 KB, 550x362
Anyone in San Antonio?
>>
>>5261874
I don't know. Ideally, somewhere like New Mexico or Colorado, or Washington. On a more practical note, I'd live wherever I would find a job.

>>5261887
Sorry, pops, but I'm 21, and would very much prefer someone close to my age... I am uncomfortable with significant age disparity. You're 13 years older than me.
>>
>>5261953
What if someone was much older but looked very young
>>
>>5261982
It wouldn't work. I feel uncomfortable with older men, honestly. I want someone closer to my age. 25 is the oldest I'll take, and 20 the youngest.
>>
>>5262001
I'm open to just about any age
>>
>>5262008
How old are you?
>>
>>5262051
I'm a 10,000 year old caveman
>>
File: BqlhujFIMAA1x6x.png (471 KB, 500x567) Image search: [Google]
BqlhujFIMAA1x6x.png
471 KB, 500x567
I grew up in Fort Worth, lived in Dallas, and lived in Austin. Leaving Texas for the Left Coast was the best thing to ever happen to my life, especially my dating life.

>>5257490
This has to be a troll.

Let's address two recent things this year that pertainto LGBT people in the Lone Star State:

HUGE anti-LGBT sentiment swept Houstonians during the most recent local election last month.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/11/04/houston-decided-it-had-a-problem-its-lgbt-nondiscrimination-law/

Or how about the man who was sentenced this year to just 10 years probation for BRUTALLY MURDERING his transgender girlfriend?
http://www.dallasvoice.com/dallas-man-received-10-years-probation-trans-murder-10204022.html

Or this gem here:
https://news.vice.com/article/video-shows-crowd-take-down-man-after-homophobic-attack-at-texas-airport

>>5258362
>>5259253
This person is an idiot, and probably a suburbanite bumpkin just in awe of tall buildings.
>Austin (the fuggin capital) that's so gay friendly people look at you funny and just point in all directions if you ask where the gay district is

This is BS. The so called "gay district" is like 4 or 5 bars/clubs on a 2 block radius downtown.

And funny story about Austin's "gay district" I got physically assaulted in it by a male bouncer from a straight bar in the heart of it. The straight club is sandwiched between the only two gay clubs on the street. The bouncer sucker punched me as I walked passed and started hitting me when I was on the ground. It was a Saturday night and the streets were crowded. MANY people saw it, and pulled him off me. He then started screaming to onlookers, "he's a man! he's a fucking dude!" No charges were ever brought to the man, despite my best efforts.

He only knew I was trans because of a previous altercation where 5 of my friends entered their club and I was barred from entry because "we're not that kind of club." That was before my ID had been updated.

>>5261490
See my links
>>
>>5262166
Lol, who gives a shit about trannies? If I were a bouncer, I would have punched you too, freak.

Being gay in Texas is the same as everywhere else, and people will usually leave you alone. Unless you're a weird cross-dressing freak like (>>5262166).

Move to the Left coast: in the end, you'll still be a man xDDD

And protip: most 'gay districts' are like that: a few bars. What the fuck did you think they were, some kind of gay neighborhoods where every business is gay-owned and all the people living in the apartments above are gay and close-knit? Get the fuck outta your T.V. shows and back to real life, fag.

t.homo living in Texas, and enjoying it
>>
>>5262198
>Being gay in Texas is the same as everywhere else, and people will usually leave you alone.
You mean like the gay male couple that moved to my street when I was growing up? They bought a frumpy home and turned it into something beautiful. Their landscaping was impeccable and soon became one of the best on the street. But they weren't welcome in our suburban neighborhood. People began ripping the plants out of their yard and throwing them in the adjacent creek. They soon got a security camera for their front yard, and then eventually they just moved out.

>What the fuck did you think they were, some kind of gay neighborhoods where every business is gay-owned and all the people living in the apartments above are gay and close-knit?
You mean like exactly like what they are over here?

>durr I hate you Mr. Tranny Man Scum Freak
>I'm L33T gay man
>durrr I'm better than you faggot!
>Texas is the best for gays!!1!
>Nevermind that Texas's anti-sodomy laws weren't overturn until the US Supreme Court stepped in in 2003's Lawrence v. Texas
Oh honey. You're naivety would almost be endearing if you weren't such an ugly and hateful person. When you grow up, you'll realize that Southern hospitality is a front, and all the people in your podunk little hick town who are so kind to your face actually hate your guts and think you're the scum of the Earth. They will actively vote against your rights until the day you die.
>>
>>5262246
I love Texas. I met my bf here (in Amarillo), and we live in the Dallas area. I am not from Texas, and I'm not from the Left Coast either, being from the Midwest myself, but I can tell you Texas and New Mexico are the best states I've ever been to. Great food, nice cities (sucks about traffic, but East Coast and L.A have it even worse), generally humble and down-to-earth people who will leave you alone, the existence of actual jobs and careers here, and a generally Southern charm without the extreme poverty of the other Southern states.

Like I said, you can move to wherever your sick mind thinks people will accept you, but I think I'll stay here :3
>>
>>5262166
>implying these are not nationwide problems
The HERO thing failing was due to fear mongering and misleading ads. Remember Houston is also one of the first cities to elect an openly gay mayor, multiple times.

While it is true that if you live in the middle of nowhere, your neighbors might not like you if you're gay or something. But as someone mentioned early, Texas has a culture of respecting individuality. Nobody is going to do anything to you even if they don't like you.
>>
>>5262595
>fearmongering

Sorry, but even as a homo, I find the idea of a man dressing as a woman and entering women's restrooms to be quite disturbing. I can totally sympathize with normal people for not wanting that.

>implying taking hormones and chopping your dick off make you a 'woman'

Lol no
>>
>>5262706
There was no such clause in the bill. It gave the right for trans people to sue if they were being discriminated against which is perfectly fine since you are not allowed to discriminate blacks or religion.
>>
>>5262709
Even so, I still think trannies are an aberration and completely disgusting: verily, give me the right to discriminate against them.
>>
>>5262729
I don't mind that position, but to be consistent you would have to be against all forms of anti-discrimination laws in private businesses including religion (which most of the people who voted against the bill would never agree with).
>>
>>5262739
Why do we *have* to agree to all forms of anti-discrimination? Protip: we don't.
>>
>>5262753
No you don't. I'm just saying it's a double standard if you cherrypick only some as valid.
>>
>>5262758
Call it double standard, but I am more disgusted by some mentally ill freak who had his fetish enabled too much by SJWs and proceeded to mutilate himself than a member of another race or religion.
>>
>>5262763
>not being more disgusting by Muslim barbarians
>>
>>5262771
I dislike muzzies in the extreme, though.
>>
>>5262763
You're straight-up retarded, brah.
>>
File: 62702_786132926526_7310788_n.jpg (15 KB, 320x256) Image search: [Google]
62702_786132926526_7310788_n.jpg
15 KB, 320x256
Yay Houston Transsexuals.
>>
>>5262166
>tranny goes to Texas
>doesn't have a gun to shoot homophobes
Deserved it, desu.
>>
Surprisingly enough, Oklahoma isn't that bad of a state to be LGBT in. The majority of the people I know are very tolerant.
>>
Austin's pretty queer I like it a lot. Unfortunately it's also a hub of radical tumblrites. Look up RATPAC
>>
>>5257490
>tfw no Texas qt3.14 girl to call my own
>>
>>5262282
>generally humble and down-to-earth people who will leave you alone
>southern charm
That's just their way of saying fuck you
>>
>>5258438
same, im sittin over on the cusp of arlington and kennedale and the only gay thing ive seen is the pride parade in downtown ft worth.

well that and this guy im seein
>>
>>5259316
Yep, still huge suburb.

I'm another closeted trans-fag in plano
>>
>>5265972
>tfw no Texas bf
>>
Texas is fucking aweful for LGBT and in general

My friend keeps getting called down there for work because texas constantly needs to import people to do or fix the job. They look shiny but thats it.
>>
>>5266737
Well if she's in consulting it ain't shit on the state. I work primarily in tx but I'm constantly going to other states to do jobs, that doesn't mean the states are shit it's just the nature of consulting.

I like tx. Going back today, hopefully I don't have to leave again till after the new year. I fucking hate northern weather.

I can't deny there's some homophobia but I don't notice it being any more than any other state. I've never been kicked out of a restaurant or business over it.

Had a neighbor that was kinda homophobic at first but now we can't get him and his friends to fucking leave. Always over late at night drinking and throwing bullshit into the fire.
>>
>>5267083
its not a consultant. he looks goes around from place to place inspecting workers, qualifications, and build standerds of equipment. They brought in 3 other people similar to his job and they have kept them out their for a month. he only got to come back for thanks giving because of IL being pissed off for keeping their employee for so long
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.