[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you believe in the nuclear deterrent meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (34 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
34 KB, 480x360
Do you believe in the nuclear deterrent meme?
>>
File: 1467788929471.png (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1467788929471.png
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>30665628
>Implying Nukes haven't done more for peace than any other weapon ever created.
>>
I hate nukes. We can't have another good proper war because of them.
>>
>>30666149
This.

Million times fucking this
>>
>>30666149

Sounds like nuclear deterrent is working.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 200x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 200x240
>>30665628
Yes. Nuclear weapons very likely prevented a war between the U.S. And the USSR due to mutually assured destruction. They have preserved peace between the super powers since the end of WW2.
>>
I kind of want to think that the idea of mutually assured destruction is less "the end of the world" in so much as

"While a nuclear war would not result in 'hell on earth' like fallout scenarios, instead of simply localized area's of destruction, the resulting geopolitical fallout and disruption of a relatively peaceful way of life would indeed be quite terrible even without global radiation or nuclear winter."
>>
I've read some of Von Neumanns work, so yes.
>>
>>30666099

Dubs of truth there.

The hippies love to bitch about them, but they'dve likely never been born if we saw NATO/Pact go at it in the 60s.
>>
>>30665628

Butthurt about losing the vote today SNP voter detected.
>>
Anti-nuclear people are people who think nukes are toxic masculinity and 'can't even' with regards to military subjects so much that they won't even bother to learn about deterrence.

They think its about revenge, lol.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.