[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I want a VEPR, but they're illegal in NY because scary.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1
File: 8661190127_c1f10b1311_b.jpg (431 KB, 876x1024) Image search: [Google]
8661190127_c1f10b1311_b.jpg
431 KB, 876x1024
So I want a VEPR, but they're illegal in NY because scary. If I bought one online and had to shipped to an out of state FFL and handed them a NY drivers license, what would happen?
>>
please respond
>>
You'd get fucked for buying a gun outside your home state
>>
>>30664980
atf pls go
>>
>>30664980
They wouldn't sell it to you.

FEEls can't sell guns to out of state residents, at least they're not supposed to. I've bought guns out of state with an NY license but I had other proof of residence for the state I was in.
>>
>>30664980
You wouldn't be able to buy it.
>>
>>30664980
The store will need to see your ID and see that you're a NY resident, then they would determine if it's NY legal or not. If it's not, they won't sell it to you and you'll have to pay shipping costs back to wherever it came from
>>
>>30664980
You'd get fucked unfortunately.
>>
>>30665166
>FEEls

Lol FFLs, also to be clear I was an actual resident of the state I was in but I hadn't got a new license yet.
>>
>>30665143
>>30665170
Is the FFL going to call the cops or something?
>>30665166
I've BS'd proof of residence for other stuff using utility bills, would that work?
>>30665168
What does a NICs check use? Your name or DL number? Could I use a fake id for that state?
>>
>>30664980
they would tell you you're from out of state and to get fucked
>>
>>30665197
>I've BS'd proof of residence for other stuff using utility bills, would that work?
You realize that's a felony with guns?
>>
You can buy long guns in a different state than you reside.
>>
>>30665221
My county in NY doesn't enforce the laws that makes the gun illegal, but I suppose that BSing my residence to buy it is a new can of worms?
The only thing that makes the VEPR illegal in NY is the thumbhole stock, but it's not illegal to possess or buy a thumbhole stock on its own, only to have it on a gun. Could I show up at the FFL and take the stock off so it's technically NY legal?
>>
>>30665197
>I've BS'd proof of residence for other stuff using utility bills, would that work?
>My county in NY doesn't enforce the laws that makes the gun illegal, but I suppose that BSing my residence to buy it is a new can of worms?

M8 I was an actual resident, what you're discussing is a fucking firearms felony that can land you in a Federally funded rape dungeon for ten years, just move from your cucked state and buy what you want.
>>
>>30665243
Any good FFL will deny the sale. If you want this to happen you need to find a LGS and contact them beforehand, have them read up on the laws, and have them perform the modification before you take possession.
>>
>>30665276
Thats unfortunate.
>>30665287
Thanks for the info. I'll have to make some phone calls tomorrow.
>>
>>30664980
There are some NY legal Veprs.
Especially the Super Vepr, with traditional rifle stock, is a-Ok
>>
1) dont ask about felonies on a montagnard cave painting board.

2) make out of state friends.

3)Encourage them to purchase guns you like and "gift" them to you.
>>
>>30665166
In all likelihood they would sell it to him, you can buy long guns in an out of state FFL and I dont think that an FFL in Vermont or something is going to bother with knowing which rifles that NY bans by name, It would still be illegal for OP to bring that rifle back to NY if it is banned and I am not sure if the 4473 would actually go through or not however in all likelihood they would probably attempt to sell you the rifle.
>>
You can buy any long gun or handgun out of state, unless the store owner refuses to sell. Check the sepreme court ruling in 2015.
>>
Find an FFL in New Hampshire who will do the transfer and plan a road trip. Granite staters love tweaking the noses of nanny-state governments.
>>
>>30666398
Does anyone from PA want to be my friend?
>>
>>30664980
TFW maintaining several different state residences.
>>
I'll chime in because no one has given the 100% correct answer. Yes, you can buy long guns from out of state, but the FFL is required to follow the laws of the state you reside in. Most FFLs will just flatly refuse to sell long guns to out of state residents, and the ones that do sell to out of staters will certainly know the laws of the state they're selling to. You won't be breaking any laws by having it transferred to my knowledge, but you will waste everyone's time and money, because they won't be able to sell it to you.
>>
FFL dealer here. I'd say "lol no sorry bro" even though I don't see a problem with it. Not worth losing my license over.

Also, ask an FFL holder anything.
>>
>>30669973
What if I suck your dick?
>>
>>30669875
We can be friends with benefits.
>>
>>30669982
Maybe. Depends on how deep you can get me. Shouldn't be a problem, I'm all tip.
>>
>>30665230
That doesn't make smuggling illegal items/substances legal
>>
>>30664980
My goodness that's sexy.
>>
Here in California we can ship it to a middle man who neuters it to legal status either by removing a flash hider, pinning an adjustable stock, adding a mag lock, etc. Is that option available to you in NY? I can recommend someone if it is.
>>
In your case all he'd have to do is install a thumb hole stock plug, those are readily available.
>>
>>30665166
Your fucking dumb if you think that.

The law is you cannot buy handguns out of state at all.
You can only buy rifles and shotguns out of state from FFLs.
Everything else is dictated by state laws.
>>
>>30666381
Super Vepr has a thumbhole stock. Vepr Pioneer or Vepr Hunter rifles have the monte carlo stock.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.