[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Self Defense gun thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: Smith&Wesson625.jpg (296 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Smith&Wesson625.jpg
296 KB, 1600x1200
I live near Baton Rouge. I have been meaning to buy a firearm for a while but just haven't goten around to it but the recent shootings and BLM events are making me nervous.

I'm going to go out this week and my room mate and I are going to buy a couple guns, price is no object but we just need a couple guns to keep in our offices in case of riot etc.

Also I have only fired rifles shotguns and bows and a .22 pistol at a range once. I'm planning on going to the range twice a month to acclimate myself with whatever I purchase and would like the opinion of /k/ on what to get. I am leaning towards a revolver for reliability. But 1911 is so sexy I might grab one of those instead.
>>
>>30664357
>I am leaning towards a revolver for reliability
>But 1911 is so sexy I might grab one of those instead
You want a revolver or a 1911 for a riot/happening situation? kys, do it before the niggers get you.
>>
>>30664357

At this point you need a rifle or Pistol Caliber Carbine.

I recommend either a WASR-10 and some Hornady SST or a Beretta CX4 (in 9mm) wither 124gr Federal HST.
>>
Get a .357 mag revolver then get a .357 mag carbine rifle. They will be reliable, no weapons ban will affect them and they got plenty of power.
>>
>>30664357
>to keep in our offices
Uh.. I doubt this will work. Unless you own your own offices.
>>
Revolvers and 1911s are not for nigger removal. You might want .45 ACP or magnum revolver calibers to knock down Mojo-high coons, but you need more than 8 rounds. But buy a damn rifle first before you even remotely consider a sidearm though.
>>
File: 132478907986754657756.png (24 KB, 92x106) Image search: [Google]
132478907986754657756.png
24 KB, 92x106
>>30665475
>revolvers and 1911s are not...
>you might want .45acp or magnum revolver...
>>
>>30664357
Get a Glock in your rari. You're gonna want more than 6/7 rounds when a herd of dindus rampages through your AO.
>>
>In our offices

Lota good that'll do ya in some drawer somewhere when Tyrone shows up & you're on the shitter downstairs.

Conceal carry, dummy. Inside the waistband & no one will know you have it. Get your ccw permit if LA requires it to be legal. Get a 380 or a compact 9.
>>
>>30664357
FNS is the best bang for your buck right now. Don't get a glock, it's $150 more for less of a gun. Spend that money on ammo.

Btw you use hollow points for defense and cheap shit for training.
>>
>>30665517
What I'm saying is that they have the power to actually knock down a drug-tripping coon, but not the capacity. Get a .45 Glock.
>>
File: vv5pmw6.jpg (62 KB, 666x488) Image search: [Google]
vv5pmw6.jpg
62 KB, 666x488
>>30664357

For the price range of a revolver in any caliber that would actually hurt someone, you could get a cheap M&P 15. No it's not the best AR you can get but it's reliable and easy to get good with at self defense ranges.

.223 ammo is crazy cheap, readily available in bulk, and more than adequate for self defense as well.

If you are going to carry when you leave the house, get something like an SD9 (not the SD9VE) or if you're feeling particularly cheap you can get a Bersa Thunder (although I'd recommend the Firestorm over that) and get some cheap but reliable hollow points to fill both of the magazines. That should keep you safe until you can get home in the event of a full scale happening.

In regards to the ammo, it's important that when you get some legitimate hollow points and not the deceptive stuff that is just a FMJ round with the end cut off and a hole drilled in it. At best it may expand slightly more than a completely bonded FMJ round based on my anecdotal evidence of shooting it through planks of wood but it was a very mild difference and it cost less than $0.50 per round difference for a difference that could cost you or an innocent bystander their life.
>>
>>30664357
>keep in our offices

Carry, always. Glock 19 with extra G17 mags. 124gr Federal HST's. Get some instruction, practice at least 200 rounds a week with not-complete-shit tier range ammo for 4 weeks, then at least 1-2 times a month after that. Learn how to clean your gun. Don't forget to read the goddamn manual, either.
>>
>>30665540
>FNS
>Don't get a glock, it's $150 more for less of a gun.

I guess that's why almost every worthwhile special forces/elite unit and most police departments carry the FNS then, right? Oh shit, no, they've all chosen Glocks. Have fun with your meme gun.
>>
Good point about a weapons ban not affecting them. The .357 Magnum revolver and Lever Action Rifle is a pretty good combo. The Rifle will get the most out of the .357 due to barrel length and the use of all propellant (one piece barrel and chamber uses everything as opposed to cylinder gap and a small amount of escaping gases with a revolver). I would be tempted to use the rifle as primary weapon. I personally find comfort in capacity, rifles also have intimidation. Those threatening you will not know what caliber it is.
The Revolver is still viable weapon, even during a riot. Dave Arnold who was a Rhodesian police officer prior to immigrating to the U.S. preferred a .357 Magnum as his do all gun: people, riots animals, etc. The idea being that, if you shoot the first person/ring leader the rest will leave because they will be shot. The scene in Tombstone where Ike Clanton backs down when Wyatt Earp put a revolver to his forehead comes to mind. When suddenly presented with “You will die” being an obnoxious rioter loses its fun.
That said, gambling with your life is pricey. There is also something to be said for a semi-auto handgun with a 15/17 round count of good hollow-points and an AR-15 rifle with a 30 round magazine.
I own an M&P9 and an AR-15, living in California limits capacity. I would not feel unarmed with a .357 Magnum revolver and .357 Magnum Lever Action Rifle. If I had the revolver and rifle I would not run out and trade them for a semi-auto and AR-15.
Not much definitive help but maybe it helps your thought process and eventual decision.
>>
>>30665542

>knock down

Wow! It's like my grandpa is really here! What's that PopPop? .30-06 is the only rifle cartridge anyone has ever needed? What's that? Glocks and the such are only good for left overs because they're tupperware?

Oh PopPop, you crazy.
>>
These are all faggot kids who cant afford guns and people who smoke cock after playing COD. Fuck those losers, get a GP100, or SP101. Both are very solid and affordable .357's that will be both a pleasure to shoot and sufficient for any reasonable self defense scenario you may come across.

Hardmode:

It won't be good enough capacity if you try to incite riots in BLM protests like the autists who come here.
>>
>>30665608

God, you know they sell them cheaper to departments, retard? Go stroke off to your glock hat on your own time, faggot. Glocks are literally nothing special in 2016, get over it. Get buttblasted over it, in fact. Glock fags are the worst, despite the pistol being decent, like many others on the market.
>>
>>30664357
Buy an M&P-15 for you and your mate.

>>30665542
>knock down
This meme needs to stop.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.