[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best value AK platform fun - /k/'s opinion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: MAKDaddy.png (184 KB, 580x353) Image search: [Google]
MAKDaddy.png
184 KB, 580x353
What's the best low cost AK platform fun currently available?

I didn't see an /AKG/ in the catalog, otherwise I would've shit up that thread instead of starting a new one.

Polish, Yugo, Bulgarian, US, what to buy, if you want an entry level AK platform widget that isn't a POS?

Thread can become an /AKG/ once the question is answered.
>>
>generic AK mode
WASR or Zastava
>Upotte! mode
Galil or Sako.
>no Agent Dogkillington sir I swear it's not an SBR mode
7.62x39 pistol with a "brace", like the Draco.
>>
File: img20160306_112139.jpg (2 MB, 1494x2656) Image search: [Google]
img20160306_112139.jpg
2 MB, 1494x2656
>>30662275
Got my saiga for like 500 very recently. One of the last to be sold and I'm loving it. Keeping it pretty stock too, no need to be tearing into a brand new weapon
>>
>>30662275
I'm trying to answer the same question, hopefully thread will deliver
>>
>>30662422
>I'm trying to answer the same question, hopefully thread will deliver

I used to have a Norinco milled, and it was literally $200 at a fun show a long time ago. Back then, literally every AK, except for the Polytech Legend, was max $200.

Got rid of the Norinco a long time ago, and now I have no idea what is good, bad, or indifferent AFA quality / cost.
>>
>>30662338
Is the RK95/M92S and Galil really the best a civilian can get for the AK platform? And if I may ask, why? Not the OP, but I am interested in getting an AK-platform gun as my next rifle.
>>
>>30662275
I have a semi-converted Saiga and I love it. Shoots anything you put through it, accurate and maybe it's just my autism but I like the idea of a Russian made AK.
>>
File: IMG_1154.jpg (729 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1154.jpg
729 KB, 3264x2448
>>30662275
I'm pretty happy with my DDI so far. Just bought it about a month ago and sent close to 400 rounds through it, no issues. It's a 74 built off a Bulgarian parts kit and came with a bunch of Magpul furniture which I ended up really liking. Got it out the door for $780 from Classic
>>
>>30662388
Nice guns
>>
>>30662977
>Is the RK95/M92S and Galil really the best a civilian can get for the AK platform?
No. They're both cute girls in the Upotte anime and manga. Galil is a foxgirl and Sako is an elf.
>>
>>30663161
Ah.

So if I were to get an AK-platform gun, and lets ignore cost for available semi-auto models, which are the best AK-platform guns one can get, or at least what are some really solid choices?
>>
File: babe.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
babe.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Paid 1k for everything in pic related and 400 rounds of silverbear in a 50cal can. Go Arsenal 104
>>
>>30663202
Finnfag here, I am personally considering Arsenal SAR-M1 with these modifications:

http://www.brownells.fi/epages/Suomi.sf/fi_FI/?ObjectID=108930
or
http://www.brownells.fi/epages/Suomi.sf/fi_FI/?ObjectID=72404

and
http://www.texasweaponsystems.com/product-p/32310.htm
>>
>>30663288
Thanks Finnbro!
>>
OP here:

A twist on the question.

In addition to the question about what to buy, where I can actually buy or order it, as opposed to a theoretical discussion.

From an earlier response, the suggestion was WASR or Zastava, but places like Atlantic and Classic don't have anything in stock.

tl;dr: Best AK value AK platform, plus actually being able to find it online available for order.

Link it, peeps with a sincere interest in the question have credit cards burning up in their hands.
>>
>>30663434
Go buy second hand, best deals. Just try to do it local so you can check it out in person
>>
>>30663434
Budsgunshop.com ya fucking pleb.
>>
>>30663434
availability is a month-by-month case. Wait a couple of weeks and you'll see them in stock again. Or you could just call the online stores like Classic and ask what they're planning on doing as far as restocking. We're giving you advice on what gun to buy, you gotta do the shopping m8
>>
>>30663434
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_756/products_id/83742/CIA+RI2087-N+N-PAP+Hi-Cap+30+1+7.62x39mm+16.25%22
>>
>>30663434
I got my semi-converted Saiga through buds gun shop not that long ago. Not sure if they're still selling them though
>>
>>30663499
>>30663508
>>30663519

No offense, but I've seen literally hundreds of posts on /k/ saying never do biz with / avoid Buds Gun Shop. "Bud's Bait Shack" or similar shit is hurled at them.

Deserved?
>>
>>30663564
I bought 2 rifles and 1 handgun from them at the same time. I received them in less than a week, the prices were cheaper than in local stores and (not related to Buds) I got all three of them transferred for only $30. I would do business with them again if I found a good deal on there. Also, the cash discount really helps if you're making a large purchase.
>>
>>30663564
What you have to remember is that most of /k/, hell most of 4chan are meme spouting man children. Some one has one bad experience with customer service, they see it and spread it for the rest of their lives.

All of my non-private gun purchases have been through Buds. Order online, they email when it comes in, I go there, pay and leave.
Never had them ship to an FFL since I live close to them, but I'd expect it to go like a "pickup in store" transaction.
They're customer service can be annoying at times but when you finally get a person it goes pretty smooth.
>>
>>30663651
>>30663621

Still a bit wary, as that place seems to have a shit review from /k/, but pondering it as an option.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>30662275
Saiga or Arsenal
>>
>>30663717
If you're wary, don't do it. Just because had a good experience with them doesn't mean you will. It's your hard spent money, spend it in the way that you're most comfortable. Before I bought from Buds I got all of my guns through local shops, I didn't really care if I had to pay a little bit more it was nice to handle and inspect the firearm before hand. It stimulates the local economy and keeps your local gun guys in business and gives you piece of mind for just a bit more money
>>
>>30663787
Saiga and Arsenal added to the "consider" list.

Still wondering about Bud's. Has a bad rep here. Deserved?
>>
There is basically no good low cost AK's in current year. Not only are they expensive but all the components have to be upgraded: shepards pin, stock, grip, trigger, bolt, safety, fore grips, mag release, fore grip, side rail, optic, sling, light. Almost everything stock but the barrel, receiver, and mags are horrible.

Face it: the stock AK is a FINE conscript weapon but stock is ergonomic nightmare that makes using it for anything beyond a shooting range
crappy as fuck. That said my Bulgarian 74 is my battle buddy and will be at my side for life. Just know what you are getting into. Oh and to be fair stock AR's suck too.

Expect to sink over $1,200 into it.
>>
>>30662275
VZ 58
>>
>>30664251
What are you, a giant pussy?
>>
>>30664341

needing some fags validation: negative
>>
>>30662275
I don't think you looked very hard.
>>30658070
>>
File: 1458749749678.jpg (2 MB, 3299x2549) Image search: [Google]
1458749749678.jpg
2 MB, 3299x2549
>>30662275
>What's the best low cost AK platform fun currently available?

>best
pre-ban

>low cost
Nothing. The era of affordable ak's was taken out back and shot like a sick dog. Enjoy paying 700 for shit tier quality.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.