[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do I go or how do I learn how to fight?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 15
File: 1468608670146.jpg (115 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1468608670146.jpg
115 KB, 1024x683
First time poster on /k/. Not sure if this was the right place but here it goes.

>be recovering fatfuck
>used to play soccer until high school
>used to do taekwondo when younger but family too poor to keep me in so never got past green stripe
>picked up fencing in college but poorfag so didn't stay in long
>started lifting and current world happenings have made me realize I'd die really fast in any sort of fight and conflict

I've started a decent 35k/yr job in my field so I now have some disposable money. Looking at a few guns I'd be interested in buy and some knives.

But I feel like I really need to learn to fight as well. Like a proper fighting style or military-esque program without actually signing up for the force.

If i need to go elsewhere let me know. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>30658930
Boxing classes now

But in general keep chin down SLIGHTLY bend knees when in fighting stance. Also invest in punching bag for practice a home it's also a good way to release anger.
>>
there are a ton of these MMA oriented martial arts schools in and around any big city. even in small towns you have martial arts schools. thes are the best places to shake the rust off and get into fighting sports. MMA is basically what the military trains as far as hand to hand combat. supplement with some shooting classes and practice, and you are like 75% operational.

>stay frosty
>>
>>30658960
What he said also, I did mma op but I kinda wish I also incorporated boxing in my fighting style.
>>
Going off of OP's question, and aside from shooting and self defense classes, where would be a good place to learn actual battlefield tactics? How to behave in a prolonged firefight, that sort of thing.
>>
>>30658930
Stick to martial sciences, not martial arts which take years to learn. The western styles such as boxing, kickboxing, and wrestling. BJJ can be helpful for some ground technique as well.
>>
>>30658930

Sorry OP, but what is up with that pic? Weird cosplay pic?

> Full gear in bar
> Hair posed to indicate female
> German patch
> Fucking Shock Top

I'm guessing this isn't in Germany, since that beer is going to violate the German purity laws. Can some German bros comment?
>>
Join the military
/thread
>>
I've taken krav maga for like a year now and I can say its one combat system that van get you up and running the fastest. My instructors also mix in BJJ and days dedicated go sparring and grappling though. Only positive experiences from the instructors and the students, who all shoot.
>>
>>30659058
Krav Maga is great, not just because of the techniques, but if you get one of those hardcore Israeli instructors, the mindset they instill is pretty much "there may be 20 dudes in front of you but you will hold the fucking line".
>>
File: IQ_Portrait.png (184 KB, 830x710) Image search: [Google]
IQ_Portrait.png
184 KB, 830x710
>>30658990
Cosplay, she's cosplaying as IQ.

Also purity laws are for schmucks.
>>
>>30659058
>krabby mango combat system
this is my favorite meme
>>
File: R6_GSG9_IQ_4k.jpg (927 KB, 2000x3597) Image search: [Google]
R6_GSG9_IQ_4k.jpg
927 KB, 2000x3597
>>30658930
>>30658990
grill is cosplaying as IQ, a qt GSG9 operator in Rainbow Six Siege, have seen the pic in the /vg/ general a few times already
>>
>>30659078
I love krav becuase the Israeli mentality of "go in on them". Blocking, striking, countering, all emphasizes moving in and getting close to fuck up their day permanently. Can't recommend krav enough. But always find an instructor who is certified by the Krav Maga Association of America.
>>
>>30659081
>Also purity laws are for schmucks.
kraut here, triggered.
you must love cat piss.
>>
>>30658990
Photo was definitely taken in the US. I see tapheads for Goose Island out of Chicago, the close tap is definitely a cider and it looks like Sam Adams on the far end. Those plus Shock Top makes me highly doubt this is outside the states.
>>
>>30659106
No. Just beers that aren't yours.
>>
>>30658930
Muay Thai, Kyokushin, Judo, BJJ, Sambo, and MMA in general are all solid options. The most important thing is finding an instructor that is good at instructing and training partners that are good people that will help you on your journey. A good group of training buddies will do more for you than the most expensive training money can buy ever will. Find a place. Go at least three days a week, and enjoy turning around a year from now and realizing that you are actually somewhat badass.
>>
>>30659078
Krav techniques are often shit, and there are so many shitty instructors with a two week camp cert that the entire art is basically a waste of time outside of Israel.
>>
>>30659141
>shitting on objectivley superior and best beer in the world
that shit that is exported does not resemble the local stuff.
unless you were in germany and tried a local brew you haven't drank german beer.
>>
>>30659188
Must be my own personal experience then, One of the few advantages of living in Jew York (Manhattan) is no shortage of grizzled Israeli dudes willing to teach you how to beat people up for cash.
>>
>>30659082
The only meme is you when your eyes are gouged out
>>
>>30659217
Plus you should look at instructor history. Many instructors I've come across have a lifelong history with other Martial arts.
>>
>>30659106

I love Munich dunkels and helleses, but your black beers are somewhat lacking compared to a fine British Porter. And I don't even know where to look for something that compares to a Belgian Triple.
>>
>>30659122
Or Canada you ignorant fucking burger, we have hipster bars too, you don't have a monopoly on faggots with plaid and manicured beards drinking pisswater.
>>
>>30659217
I get overly suspicious of any system that claims to "train for the street", because in my mind that is the path to not sparring and competing because your techniques are "too deadly". Martial skill comes from training vs resistance. If you haven't executed a technique hundreds of times vs a non-compliant partner, you aren't going to pull it off on the street.
>>
>>30659264
>I love Munich dunkels and helleses, but your black beers are somewhat lacking compared to a fine British Porter.
black beer is a niche thing here, I guess the English have more experience brewing it, theirs is indeed nice.
>>
>>30659290
It depends on the instructor. Many instructors have days dedicated to only sparring and grappling. So no krav tech ours and just boxing
>>
>>30659360

I guess I'm trying to say that I don't think Germany needs the purity law. No way your local varieties are going anywhere (Marzen beers are giant autumn nostalgia bombs).

Plus, I'd love to see what the German kraft brewers could come up with.
>>
>>30659224
rounding it out with the predictable ninjistu tier eye gouge faggotry, hilarious

krabby knobgoblins are as bad as aikido practitioners, truly the memeist of the meme arts
>>
>>30659198
>>shitting on objectivley superior and best beer in the world
thats not Belgian faggot
>>
>>30659442
From what I've seen, those guys are rare as fuck because you don't make as much money when you actually physically push people. It's easier to just drill static wrist locks, groin kicks, and gun disarms and then tell your students they can handle anything.
>that'll be $150/month goyim
>>
>>30659198

Don't mind them, they have literally no taste for beer because it was destroyed by all the tainted full of shit "beer" they get where they live.

Austriafag here, of course german beer is the best.

I've also been to belgium and the czech republic numerous times, belgish beer is good but can't compare to a real german fucking beer brewed after the Reinheitsgebot.
>>
>>30659449
I've fought two ninjas. One was an instructor. I submitted the instructor dude like six times in five minutes. He tried to bite my calf to escape an armbar. I cranked harder and he tapped. The other guy was roided the fuck out and powerbombed me after I made the mistake of not snapping his fucking arm when he refused to tap. Fuck ninja's. The style is literal bullshit crafted by an old japanese dude that realized that weebs are idiots.
>>
>>30659518

That's exactly why you don't just take some krav maga course with some bodybuilding faggot with no cardio or (like here) with incompetent policemen.

Train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, search for a trainer that has some renown (it is quite easy to find one) and you will get trained perfectly for every situation while being more effective in grappling than krav maga.
>>
>>30659449

this guy gets it

no krav maga practicioner ever would stand a chance against any serious mixed-martial-artist.
>>
>>30659548
>I've fought two ninjas

No you haven't.
>>
>>30659565
Best training of my life was the month I spent at Renzo Gracie Philly. I went in every fucking day while I was there, learned a ton, and never got injured because I always got to drill with blue belts or higher and no one muscled anything. Currently doing Kyokushin because I am too much of a poorfag to afford BJJ/MMA, but if I ever make it back to Philly I know where I am going as soon as I have a free hour or two.
>>
>>30659548
>He tried to bite my calf to escape an armbar
fucking kek
>>
>>30659611
On was another American I met in a pub in Munich. We were both drunk and sparred in a park at 2am (this was the one I armbarred). The other guy is also a shotokan black belt that used to show up at my kyokushin dojo on wednesdays. Constantly talked up ninjitsu, and had a 2in long thumbnail he would go on about having for stabbing people. The man was a shitty training partner, and I am thrilled that his d-list acting career (he played a ninja on an episode of The Librarians last year I think) has kept him away from my dojo.
>>
>>30659626
I was wearing jeans at the time too. It was a minor annoyance at best.
>>
>>30659613

really jealous, mate.
I currently train BJJ in Vienna. Would love to go to a better gym to step my game up but unfortunately theres not much to choose from here.
>>
>>30659664
Seriously? I lived and trained in Munich for almost a year. If you ever make it up there I highly recommend dropping in at Munich MMA. Ben is a great coach, and he as well as several other people that he has trained have been tearing up the local circuit recently. They tend to go pretty hard, but it's a good bunch of dudes.

As for RGP, yeah. I can see that. All the Renzo dudes in my experience are really chill. I actually went to a Renzo seminar last year and it was really good. Taught us shitty whitebelts some leg locks, told cool PRIDE stories, and generally didn't give a fuck. If you have a chance to attend a class with him, fucking take it.
>>
Boxing and wrestling.
>>
>>30658930
As far as guns and knives go,

Basically any knife/sharp thing from Cold Steel or Schrade knives will be absolutely rock solid, other manufacturers are good too but ive yet to see anything but good reviews on products from those companies.

Now for firearms you're gonna need to be a bit more specific since theres a massive variety of types calibers etc.

Buuut heres my quick reccomendation:

A good AR or similar, doesnt have to be an AR but should be relatively compatible parts wise and be in 5.56x45 (.223) since ammo is widely available and cheap

A good pump shotgun (or semi should you desire) i'd reccomend the mossberg 590a1 since it currently is used by the military and is built like a tank and as an added bonus it comes with a bayonet lug which may sound silly but I value it lol

And for handguns either (or) a glock 20 in 10mm and conversion kits to turn it into almost any common handgun caliber or a solid .357 mag/.44 mag depending on how much money you want to spend.
>>
>>30659637
>Showed up at my dojo and bragged about his 2 inch thumbnail he used to stab people

That's some hardcore autism
>>
>>30659774
Yeah, kept tangenting about that shit when we were supposed to be drilling. I only noticed the thing, after he spent a bit trying to punch me in the face while wearing MMA gloves.
>mfw he could have seriously fucked my eye with that shit
>>
>>30659762
Do not fuck with knives for self defense. Especially without training. Knife fights are a losing proposition, even for experts.
>>
>>30658954
MMA is better because it teaches grappling. Boxers can't fight for shit on the ground.
>>
>>30660550
I would also that boxing isn't the best for self defense because it's only punches. Punching someone in the face without even hand wraps is a great way to break a hand. Muay Thai is a better striking style for "the street" because you have a shitton of tools you can use that aren't dependent on proper hand protection.
>>
>>30661055
If a punch breaks your hand you should seriously consider suicide.
>>
File: street.jpg (133 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
street.jpg
133 KB, 1600x900
>>30661118
I think you are underestimating how hard people's skulls are. In UFC 1, Gerard Gordeau, a Kyokushin black belt with an excellent Savate and Muay Thai record broke his hand in his first fight beating the shit out of Sumo Wrestler and hotel drape enthusiast Teila Tuli. He went on to make it to the finals before getting submitted by Royce.

Broken hands are a good deal more common than you might think. If my memory serves, scary polish woman and current UFC Women's Straweight champ Joanna Jedreczyk actually broke her hand in a successful title defense vs Valerie Letorneu back in January. This shit happens to pros.So shut the fuck up you tryhard faggot.

Pic related.
>>
File: 1448857178517.jpg (14 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1448857178517.jpg
14 KB, 200x200
>>30661288
Motherfucker, I punch hard shit all the goddamn time out of boredom. Not once have I broken my hand. So, shut the fuck up you tryhard faggot.

Pic related.
>>
>>30661333
Go punch a concrete pillar or steel plate as hard as you can and then get back to me.
>>
File: ITG_tier.jpg (91 KB, 407x405) Image search: [Google]
ITG_tier.jpg
91 KB, 407x405
>>30661333
>your post
pic related
>>
>>30661483
Done. Hurts like a motherfucker, the steel is fine, but my hand is far from broken.

>>30661509
Suck my cock.
>>
>>30661333
you got pussy hands then, a real man has multiple boxers fractures on both hands on the account that he punches concrete not soft squishy things
>>
File: 1327274131303.jpg (65 KB, 600x853) Image search: [Google]
1327274131303.jpg
65 KB, 600x853
>>30661534
>suck my cock
So you're into that, huh?
>>
>>30661564
Yes, I am.
>>
you guys are retarded. human hands are built for dexterity, and delicate manipulation. they are not made to pound things. if you have good technique with your punches you can avoid injury, but if you fight seriously it is not a question of if but when you with fracture or break something.

internet tuffys pls stop.
>>
>>30661634
Is that why you're always punching things, frustration and sexual confusion. It's alright sport, there are plenty of bottom bears out there than want to take you four inches of love in their mouths and rectums...not necessarily in that order.
>>
>>30661658
Wow, you've got some top-tier psychology going on over here, huh? Too bad you lack the grammar skills to actually use it. I'm not quite confused, by the way, I just like dick. You have some nice elementary school-level rebuttals.
>>
>>30661639
Exactly. if you don't have handwraps at least, you should stick to elbows to the face and just use your hands for body shots. Right now I have a sprained wrist from throwing a shitty rear uppercut into a heavy bag too many times while visiting a new boxing gym. It's a lot easier to hurt your hands/wrists than most keyboard warriors think. Fuck, Mike Tyson of all people has a history of breaking his hands in street fights.
>>
File: maximum-tipping.gif (791 KB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
maximum-tipping.gif
791 KB, 360x203
>>30661694
>muh grammar
>as a valid counter

So a scholar of language on top of being a paragon of physicality...I cannot compete.
>>
>>30658990
Its an IQt3.14
>>
>>30661734
You seem to have misunderstood. Your grammar sucks, I'm a gay fat fuck that punches shit often.
>>
>>30661730
all new fighters sprain their wrist on the heavy bag when the first start, lol. every single one.

handwraps are more to keep the wrist straight, btw.
>>
>>30661790
I somehow managed to go three years before I did it. Now I am sitting out frustrated that I can't train or lift. I never throw rear uppercuts or hooks because every time I do I end up hurting myself. I broke this rule when visiting a new gym because goddammit I am going to do everything the instructor tells me to and go all out for two hours no matter how shit I feel. I am not a smart man.
>>
File: 1423707752266.jpg (119 KB, 638x628) Image search: [Google]
1423707752266.jpg
119 KB, 638x628
>>30661787
>You seem to have misunderstood; your grammar sucks. I'm a gay fat fuck that punches shit, often.

FTFY
>>
>>30661866
This thread spiraled quickly.
>>
>>30661966
inorite
>>
>>30658954
Boxing is good. If you have a knife in your hand while you're using it, no more problems with >>30660550 MMA fags thinking they can take you to the ground.
>>
>>30662000
I MMA, and if a knife gets involved I fucking run. I remember one of the guys that use to beat the shit out of me at training also did Kali. He told me that after ten years of that shit the most important thing he had learned was how dead he would be in a real knife fight.
>>
>>30662032
Smart man.
>>
>>30662036
In a knife fight, loser dies on the scene, winner dies in the ambulance. The margin of error with that shit is zero. I have a shitty unlocked phone, and don't carry cash. Just handing over all of my shit and walking away is a lot cheaper and less likely to kill me than trying to be a tough guy. This also goes for guns. Trying to disarm the guy will probably just get you shot. Hand over your shit and live to fight another day.
>>
>>30659122

Ubisoft Montreal, that girl is Quebecois she's like a graphic artist or something. Pretty sure she makes skins for weapons or something small time like that.
>>
>>30662115
Hence, smart man.

I'm not mocking or trying to belittle you.
>>
>>30658930
I did muay thai for a few years. It was incredibly helpful, but the most valuable lessons I took from the class were when the Judo teacher would sub and teach us judo. Do judo.
>>
>>30662277
I didn't think you were. was just expanding on what I said before.
>>
>>30662384
Judo is fucking great.
>>
>>30661734
>Tripfag
>Berating others

Oh the irony
>>
>>30662958
>Namefags are now Tripfags
>either not berating others

How new are you exactly?
>>
>>30662983
As new as your anal virginity. And doesn't matter, namefags and tripfags are equally as gay.
>>
File: anger.jpg (27 KB, 500x405) Image search: [Google]
anger.jpg
27 KB, 500x405
>>30663026
>>
File: 1468118487715.jpg (21 KB, 427x427) Image search: [Google]
1468118487715.jpg
21 KB, 427x427
>>30663038
>>
>>30661333
>I punched through the drywall in my bedroom after mom said I didn't have enough gbp for tendies, you're all pussies
>>
File: 1465782507285.jpg (72 KB, 596x628) Image search: [Google]
1465782507285.jpg
72 KB, 596x628
>>30663531
>>
>>30662115
why not just run from the knife
>>
>>30658983
military
>>
>>30659019
>Join army
>Going through training or your job on base when the final happening occurs
>Can't leave to your bug out bag and go innawoods
>Forced to the front lines against the commie-nazis
>Get nuked

OP is better off taking MMA classes. You don't even need to be particularly good to survive when some Tyrone attempts to jack him of his supplies.
>>
>>30658930
>Implied actual german
>Drinking Shock Top

Fucking never.
>>
File: surly_brewing_co.jpg (112 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
surly_brewing_co.jpg
112 KB, 1024x768
>>30659081
>Also purity laws are for schmucks.

I want to argue, but I can't. My favorite beers do not follow these standards.
>>
>>30659081
>i love sugar, artificial taste and colour in my beer
t. american :DDD
>>
File: Laughing Guy.png (373 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Guy.png
373 KB, 1000x666
>>30661118
>>30661333
>Gaijinja
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.