[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post separation formal military training
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: original.jpg (1 MB, 4256x2454) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
1 MB, 4256x2454
So a few years ago I got med sep'd because I screwed up my knee. Since then, I feel like I have been slowly getting soft. This is the worst time to lose one's edge, and it scares me. Is there a way to receive formal military training and drilling without being on active duty? Are there any civilian groups who are serious about training?
>>
>>30653096
You pussed out the first time and you'll puss out again. Just face the fact that you're a puss. Go read a book or watch a television program. You're never going to cut being a real man.

Fucking fallout.
>>
>>30653096
>Are there any civilian groups who are serious about training?

Join a gym. Join a gun club. Don't try to combine the two or you're either going to end up on an FBI list as a "known affiliate" or spend a shit ton of money to play paintball with rednecks.
>>
>>30653145
Eat a bag of dicks.

I guess I will quietly sit here and wait for alqaida to turn my neighborhood into a killzone. Oh well, it's been a good run (up until 08 anyway).
>>
>>30653096
Train for what?
>>
>>30653145
This
>>
>>30653096
What was your mos? In words not mos alphanumerical designation.
>>
>>30653334
To make sure I am ready to survive and save lives when leadership terminally fails. Thats it. I dont know why >>30653145
is being such a douche about it. It's a simple question and I want a /k/ answer, but all i'm getting is /b/ answers. Maybe it's the way I phrased the question? Throw me a bone here.
>>
>>30653096
>I feel like I have been slowly getting soft.This is the worst time to lose one's edge

I can relate to that, all the weird shit going on has pushed me out of complacency. I started eating healthy and lifting weights back in april because I don't want to be a weakfat if anything happens, I've lost 35lbs so far. I've also gone to trade school to become a diesel mechanic because being an unskilled body during SHTF would probably be hellish.

I took the hardest step last night and quit taking pain killers, withdrawals will probably suck ass but I got a month til school starts so whatever.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 800x436) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 800x436
Join a gym or pt group for physical fitness.

Join gun clubs or hunting clubs for firearms proficiency.

Look into wilderness guides or first responder courses for organizational training and leadership.

Do some research, America is one of the most readily militant nations in the world with the fewest viably trained people.

God I wish they'd bring back the draft. Just fuck us up, senpai.
>>
>>30653145
You have no idea about his backstory, where he served his country or how he got his damage.
I am understanding why veterans get such a hard time.

>>30653096
A damaged body should not damage your mind. Start studying. Get a degree. The mind, like muscle, needs constant training and being pushed.

get a radio amateur license and join MARS and other emergency services
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Auxiliary_Radio_System
They will benefit from someone who knows the military mindset when things go wrong. Many fellow radio amateurs have military background and disabilities are common.

And take care.
>>
Any effort is infinitely better than zero effort, and the first step to correct a perceived mistake is identification.
Stay motivated and best of luck op
>>
>>30653427
Props anon
>>
File: 1433479185830.jpg (101 KB, 1439x876) Image search: [Google]
1433479185830.jpg
101 KB, 1439x876
>>30653145
mad welfare queen detected, how about you go get blown up by a IED while me and the rest of my bros gangbang your slut of a wife.
>>
>>30653145
I have no idea wtf your doing on the board
go back to /b
>>
>>30654444
shouldn't you be on /b beating your little dick to furry/trap shit?
>>
>>30654468
>arguing against those quints
Stay made welfare boi, I'm fapping to images of your " battle buddies" missing legs.
>>
>>30654483
but they were only quads
>>
>>30654468
/k/ has much better furry/trap shit
>>
>>30654444
pretty sure thats your wife getting gangbanged while your on deployment
>>
>>30653096
>Is there a way to receive formal military training and drilling without being on active duty? Are there any civilian groups who are serious about training?

Is this some new meme?

There are like 3 versions of this thread up right now.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.