[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many rounds did you expend until you become reasonably skilled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: A magikal place 2.gif (2 MB, 400x219) Image search: [Google]
A magikal place 2.gif
2 MB, 400x219
How many rounds did you expend until you become reasonably skilled in shooting a particular weapon?

Trying to figure out how much target practice ammo I need on top of the stockpile.
>>
>>30639488
roughly 5000 rounds of 9mm to get to the point of hitting a steel target at 100 yards 2/3s of the time with a handgun
managed to hit the same target consistently within the first 100 rounds out of an ar but i dont consider myself proficient. 100yards might as well be point blank for a rifle. dont have any ranges around to practice long distance

id say you dont get a feel for a gun until 1k and around 2k you should be adequate enough the rest is just fine tuning the basics
>>
>>30639600
How much ammo does each recruit expend during military training?
>>
File: carver.gif (289 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
carver.gif
289 KB, 200x200
>>30639488
Nine rounds. Three rounds at a time.

Then again, I don't have epilepsy.
>>
>>30639488
Depends on your skill level when you get the gun. You're already familiar with shooting that type of weapon, you won't need as many as if you are new to whatever it is you're shooting.
>>
>>30639744
https://www.rt.com/usa/army-million-rounds-dhs-472/
In 2012, the DHS bought more than 103 million rounds for its 70,000 agents licensed to carry a firearm, averaging between 1,300 and 1,600 rounds per officer. The US Army, said Chaffetz, only uses around 350 rounds per soldier. The DHS, on the other hand, uses "roughly 1,000 rounds more per person."
Answering allegations that his office was buying ammo to keep American civilians from buying large numbers, DHS training officer Humberto Medina said he could "say categorically that was not a factor at all" in the purchases. Rather, Medina said the surge in ammo acquisition in recent years has been to prepare DHS armed agents who are "exposed to a variety of situations" and "only have that weapon to protect their lives.”

Unlike members of the Armed Forces, said Medina, DHS agents “can’t contact air support” if an emergency arises. “They have to be proficient at a very high level,” he said.
>>
File: image.jpg (678 KB, 1836x2350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
678 KB, 1836x2350
>>30639488
For a self defense distance of 21 feet with a Model 13
About 100 rounds
50 of .38 spl
50 of .357 mag
>>
>>30640243
>21 feet
I can stab you!
>>
>>30639488
For basic proficiency, maybe like 50 bullets? A little more for a handgun than a long gun, because you have to learn how to keep your wrist from moving. Take your time and dont do a As with anything you learn like 80% of the info in 20% of the time, and the final 20% in like 80% of the time. You will get the hang of it within a few shots. But if you want to get crazy sniper good it would take weeks or months even.

As expensive as bullets are, you might want to consider getting a pellet gun or even a BB gun for practice. NOT AIRSOFT.
>>
>>30640333
>For basic proficiency, maybe like 50 bullets?
are you a cop?
>>
File: 1458690805144.jpg (27 KB, 604x362) Image search: [Google]
1458690805144.jpg
27 KB, 604x362
>>30640293
>Accuse others of watching to much anime
>While claiming you're going to kill an afircan american urban youth in one swing with a big baseball bat in a tight hallway
>All while shrugging off bullets slamming into your vital organs because "ADRENALINE BRO!!!"
What a thread, what a lovely thread.
>>
>>30640355
It's called the 21 foot rule in self defense training. Everyone and his brother knows this. Damn, dude. Try learning something.

My comment was a light hearted remark.
>>
>>30640423
It was a reference to a thread last night. Some weeb was arguing with his other weeb friends on skype. One claimed that he could reliable one hit kill someone with a baseball bat, and completely ignore being riddled full of bullets simply with adrenaline.
>>
>>30640352
Cops only practice in order to clear the academy. Their training is limited.

A basic training recruit has more proficient knowledge of firearms than a police officer.

I'm not even being a hater - I'm telling the truth.
>>
In /k/'s opinion, how much of a good shot does someone need to be before you can entrust them with a weapon to protect you and your party?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.