[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What camo for suburban operating? How would you operate in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 13
What camo for suburban operating?

How would you operate in the suburbs?
>>
File: 1468313387869.jpg (494 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1468313387869.jpg
494 KB, 1024x683
>>30639017
idk nigga but i'd be wearing that grey because i like it or pic related and just some random assorted bullshit.
>>
>>30639017

you don't.

if you're talking about a post-apocalyptic scenario, moving at night with full-body asphalt camoflauge along roads with an infrared scope is the best way of remaining undetected, like a sperg.
>>
>>30639017

Grey man.
>>
>>
>>30639058
not op, but what about navy colored fatigues? or the ugly urban camo shit
>>
>>30639017
in the burbs any sort of actual camo pattern is going to attract more attention

you want something normie-looking that will still blend well

Think dark green or black khakis depending on the time of day

Neutral colors for a tshirt, or maybe a button down plaid or pattern with several different neutrals
>>
File: ark-air-pnk-(1) (1).jpg (192 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
ark-air-pnk-(1) (1).jpg
192 KB, 1000x1500
Ark Air Dispersion
>>
>>30639017
Real, actual ninjas didn't dress in all black with some obscuring face mask. Real ninjas did their best to blend in to their environment. They looked like your neighbor or some guy crossing the street.

Try it on for size.
>>
Like pic related.

Unless rule of law has completely disintegrated to a point that you're afraid of anyone seeing you, your best bet is to look like a normal person. Gray Man is legit.

If shit is so bad that you need to separate yourself entirely from society, wear dark navy blue or dark brown, and exfil ASAP.
>>
>>30639261
I think the assumption is that we're talking about a SHTF scenario where a burb turns into a warzone
>>
>>30639017
>What camo for suburban operating?

A car.
>>
File: crowd.jpg (628 KB, 1024x660) Image search: [Google]
crowd.jpg
628 KB, 1024x660
>>30639017
T-shirt and jeans if you mean being hidden in plain sight.

UCP (oh my god it actually has use now) for active war. Or the just what ever fits and is dark toned.

Or... assuming you're not hiding in the house itself and in the bushes like the creepy stalker you are, what ever matches with the flora and environment.
>>
in the event of a race war, go deep undercover using blackface and ebonics (AAVE)

They'll never suspect a thing
>>
File: tai-chi2.jpg (56 KB, 530x359) Image search: [Google]
tai-chi2.jpg
56 KB, 530x359
>>30639017
Just like urban.

Wearing a turban, long shirt, pants, growing a beard, and sunglasses.

Drive around in a car that is likely older than your time in the military.

Ok now assuming you're not in a third world shithole.

T-shirt and jeans for plain sight. Greyish to whatever matches the environment for normal. Hoodies help.

Be inconspicuous. As you see here, become an old Chinese person and perform tai chi to not be spotted.
>>
File: download.jpg (124 KB, 722x457) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
124 KB, 722x457
pic related, camo guaranteed to let you move unnoticed by absolutely everybody living in a suburb.
>>
>>30639056
Beat me to it.
>>
>>30639017
Just dress like a civilian?
Fuck kind of question is this?
>>
File: streetsweeping.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
streetsweeping.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>30640817
>>
>>30641700

>¡Orale wey!
>>
>>30642902
isn't there a page from that book where he has blackface and holds a small portable TV to look like one of the looters? or was that from something else
>>
File: 2689[1].jpg (49 KB, 589x378) Image search: [Google]
2689[1].jpg
49 KB, 589x378
>>
>>30643148
>>30642902
i think that's from the old Assault Weapons magazine that Phil Engledrum published
>>
>>30643148
uh, his face is black and what do you think he's holding in his hand
>>
>>30639058
>>30639078
>>30640612
be prepared
look unprepared
>>
>>30639017
>How would you operate in the suburbs?
In a fire truck. Look at these sexy moves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fyhqCfjits
>>
>>30641700

Guy who lives in the suburbs here. This guy is correct, but you have to be carrying gardening equipment. A group of Mexicans just walking around might worry people and carrying any other kind of tools risks drawing attention. Gotta go with gardening equipment.
Hell, a white guy with a decent tan or dirty face can get away with this too.
>>
>>30644120
Imagine if you loaded that thing with napalm
>>
>>30644180
Then you'd have Fahrenheit 451
>>
File: mormon-missionaries.jpg (30 KB, 440x280) Image search: [Google]
mormon-missionaries.jpg
30 KB, 440x280
People will fucking run in the opposite direction.
>>
A polo, some comfy shorts, and your average everyday tennis equipment.

Bonus points if you can rig a plate carrying setup into the front pocket
>>
>>30647114
Reminds me of how I got my gun to the range in an apartment with a "no guns" clause (I don't think they enforced it, but it was legal in my state and better safe than sorry). Basically my upper came in a AR-15 sized cardboard box so I kept the box for about four years and every time I went to the range I crammed two or three cased guns in there.
>>
>>30639017
Not even a gear queer just observant
It all depends man.
>think about your suburb surroundings
>where youll end up going if you need to travel
Your picture looks like youll need chocolate chip with white/baige.
>>
>>30646960
this is genius
>>
File: 91498419.jpg (116 KB, 506x338) Image search: [Google]
91498419.jpg
116 KB, 506x338
I think something like pic related is better for blending in then some 120 dollar triple aught design gray man cosplay bullshit.
>>
>>30640347
That looks amazing.
>>
ive creeped through my neighborhood in the middle of the night in full camo with a rifle and back slung on my back. let me tell you one thing. it is fucking exhausting. you have to go through back yards because walking down the street or through peoples front yards makes their dogs go crazy and you are visible to anybody looking at their windows. and when you start creeping through backyards after about the 5th house, you are dog tired and have to hide in a bush for a few minutes because climbing old decrepit fences that fall apart if you dont put your weight on them right is exhausting. also there are way more obstacles than you would imagine. some fuckers have wire in their fences and those are the worst because shit snags on them, they bend and are hard to get over with gear on. i live in the south and even in the suburbs there is trees and bushes every fucking where so it gets hot as fuck moving through it all. what im saying is, its close to suicide to try and move through hostile suburbs. your best bet is walking down the street and hoping you are not an enemy. one time, i had to cache my gear innabush because i was dog tired and i had a t shirt and shorts on underneath so i walked back home down the road because going back through the gauntlet would have been the death of me. had to come back and strategically park the car and retreave my shit. ITS WORSE THAN OPERATING INNAWOODS.
>>
>>30647114
that would totally work if you split the upper and lower. I have an unconverted Saiga so I'd need a 38" guitar case. Fortunately that size is very common.

damn I should totally get a guitar case
>>
>>30649853
you play MGS irl?
>>
>>30640347
That's nice, but:

1) How many hundreds of dollars does it cost?

2) How easily could I make my own using tye-die?
>>
dark jacket, jeans and sneakers. tactical pants and/or boots are too obvious.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.