[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you stop mans from climbing on your tank if you don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
How do you stop mans from climbing on your tank if you don't want to just machine gun them?
>>
>>30636907
you don't, just close the hatch and tell them to fuck off
>>
>>30636907
Keep moving faster than they can run, or quickly start and stop.
>>
>>30636907
What are they going to do? They arent EFPs and they probably dont know how or where to shove things into the intake to choke the engine
>>
>>30636947

cover all of the viewports with spraypaint?
>>
Electrify the hull.
>>
>>30636947
Superglue/cement the hatch shut.
>>
>>30636982
They have wipers. At least the driver does.
>>
>>30637018
keep spraying?
>>
>>30637046
Keep wiping.
Its wet paint.
>>
>>30636907
You just keep driving.

https://mobile.twitter.com/illedeturan/status/754084692140367873/video/1
>>
>>30636907
Mustard gas. Lots of mustard gas. It's less lethal (1 percent fatality rate), won't affect your own soldiers that you've equipped with protective gear, and the people who get hit with the gas will be injured and out of commission for the rest of the coup. It will also stick to the outside of the tank and detour future opponents from climbing it.
>>
>>30637119
AHAHAHAHA That fucking guy thought this was Tienanmen Square. Fucking got wrecked. That's why you don't stand in front of a tank.
>>
>>30637141
*deter
>>
File: Killdozer.jpg (24 KB, 423x257) Image search: [Google]
Killdozer.jpg
24 KB, 423x257
That guy who made the Killdozer all those years ago covered his in like cooking oil or something, so people kept slipping off.
>>
>>30637119
Holy shit. I really want to know what that guy was thinking.
>>
>>30636907

With this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EYRPJgZdp4
>>
>>30637191
ALLAH ALLAH ALLAH ACKBAR
>>
>>30636907
Close the hatch release the VX gas, tear gas if you are a pussy.
>>
>>30637381
>VX gas
Sounds like a good way to kill the people maintaining your tanks afterward. Mustard gas is the way to go since it'll fuck up the protestors but not kill anyone who inhales a tiny bit of it.
>>
>>30636907
put real grenades in the smoke launchers. fuse them to explode after a couple of metres
>>
Did they try asking them politely to leave?
>>
>>30637104
It'll smear and then they'd have to use thinner/reducer to remove it.
>>
Back up?
>>
>>30636907
cs gas in the launchers, rubber bullets in coax for keks, loop a tow strap to and swing the main gun barrel around to clothesline people, great creative, you have a tank
>>
>>30637834
Razor blades on the barrel making a big ass sword
>>
You just radio the other tank in your platoon to hose you down with MG fire.
>>
>>30636947

Fucks up your fuel mileage though.
>>
>>30636907

Just rotate the turret back and forth. No one wants to get clothes or body parts caught in the moving parts of a tank, or get smacked by the main gun.
>>
>>30636907

On a more interesting note, this is why combined arms tactics are necessary. Without supporting infantry, tanks can be quite vulnerable to masses of enemy soldiers.
>>
>>30636907
Infantry
>>
>>30636907
Point the canon donwards and have crew spin in 360 degrees constantly
It's like a windshield wiper but for kebabs
>>
>>30636907
Soviets used gas in Afghanistan
>>
Travel in pairs.
Use canister to brush off the protestors.

If you don't want to kill anyone:
ford a water course
Lay smoke
Drive through trees
Hit a tall gutter at forty k
Spin the turret fast

If you know you are going into that situation:
Fit anti climb stun wires
Tare offs on the scopes
Light covering of cooking oil
Remove all external tools and stores
120mm canister, reduced propellant and full of super balls (Thales makes one)
Bird spikes on all surfaces
Track edge extenders, painted Fluro orange
Barry Manalow on the speakers.
>>
>>30638229
was just about to say this
>>
>>30636907
In judo class we used to pile five or six of the big crash mats atop each other and play king of the hill. Little did I know I was training to one day throw motherfuckers off my tank.
>>
>>30636907
Anyone remember that bit in mgs4 where all the pmc soldiers go crazy cos nanomachines and you have to fight them off your APC?
>>
>>30636907
I don't understand why tear gas was not employed.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.