[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can augmented reality be used in war
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: isthisthefuture.jpg (89 KB, 684x513) Image search: [Google]
isthisthefuture.jpg
89 KB, 684x513
well, can it?
>>
Yes. HUDs, highlighting enemy targets, displaying tactical information, etc

The technology is already there
>>
>I want to talk about Pokemon GO but I'm too stupid to find the applicable board. Instead I'll just post it on /k/, like I always do.

How be OP
>>
that be op all right
yes
op
>>
>>30631599
It already is.

The landwarrior concept was supposed to incorporate augmented relality to some extent.

FELIN, its french counterpart, already does it, with battle management connected scopes on rifles giving bearings and directions to search for a threat.

The F-35 helmet will incorporate this too.

Some people talk about putting virtual reality into tanks and IFVs so the gunner and commander would see the outside more clearly.

in 20 years it will be everywhere, and the network will be even more critical than it is nowadays.
>>
While we have this pointless thread,
Has anyone else thought and wondered about how if pokemon where real they would be amazing at war and actual modern combat. Steel types are moving, living tanks. Electric pokemon to cause emp damage. Poison for biological warfare, Dark and psychic for psyops.
The possibilities.
Need to storm a room? Throw down an aggron and move in with cover from a fuckin metal triceratops monster to protect you from incoming lead.
>>
>>30631911
>call in lv10 Gyarados (literally can be fished out of lakes with a mid-tier rod and will listen to anyone over the age of 12)
>Hyper Beam!

>entire city is razed to the fucking ground

Consider for a second that literal children have access to power greater than the fucking Vector Cannon from ZoE2, and somehow, there isn't rampant hooliganism. Hyper Beam and Solar Beam and Hydro Pump and Flame Whirl are fucking passé. Imagine what actual military weapons are like in the pokemon world. MAD is up to a whole new level when random undomesticated animals can nuke cities on a whim, let alone actual people and political factions.
>>
>>30631836
>in 20 years it will be everywhere,
Nah. 10 years back, they found it to be impractical and distracting on top of a bunch of unnecessary weight for all the cameras and screens.

I think people will just get better trained. A camera might have twenty years of R&D behind it, but a human eye has tens of thousands of years of evolution, and that's just into that one model of eye.
>>
>>30631963
>a human eye has tens of thousands of years of evolution
>tens of thousands of years
>of evolution
stop. just stop.
>>
>>30631934
>>entire city is razed to the fucking ground

Muh dick! Well if everyone had pokemon, then i'd figure everyone would learn to deal with idiots abusing their powers, and short of a Giovanni guy committing violent crimes with overpowered pokemon, most adults would have shit stronger than any 12 year old. Remember; Ash never wins anything. Plus, most pokemon aren't immune to bullets. what would be the power equivalent to conventional rounds? 140? 200? Even armor piercing exists to fight steel types.

Damn, man. I just want pokemon to be real. LET ME BELIEVE!
>>
>>30632070
>idiots abusing their powers
this is fun to say about guns and lasers and shit but we're talking about literal animals here

a rambunctious Pidgeot who hasn't gotten the dick lately can cut a building in half at like lv 15 and a Venomoth just wandering around doing its own thing can distribute powdered sarin at by accident.

Also, ghastly's gen I entry notes that it chokes out indian elephants on the reg just because it can (this is before irl animals were basically retconned out of existence so they could be replaced with other pokemon)

the Pokemon universe is even more dangerous than MonHun

>Plus, most pokemon aren't immune to bullets
"Bullet Seed" exists and is super effective against rock and steel iirc
>>
>>30632050
I'm being flamboyant about it but really, human eyes are necessarily faster than human eyes percieving something on a screen calculated by a computer. Just think of the structure of that sentence and it's obviously true
>>
File: 1459064608418.png (545 KB, 555x594) Image search: [Google]
1459064608418.png
545 KB, 555x594
>>30631599

All you will probably get is virtual officers telling you to tuck in your shirt.
>>
>>30631934
>>30632070
>>30632130
>>30632152
you faggots have to be at least 18 to post on this board.

either than that or your development has been so retarded that somehow this amount of shitposting made it through all the checks and balances in your head
>>
>>30632185
Are you seriously saying it's faster to accurately perceive something previously sensed and understood by something else and only then transmitted to you than it is to accurately perceive that thing in the first place?

You must love phone tag.
>>
>>30631934

Ban assault pokemom.
>>
>>30632182

They already have virtual NCOs teaching those silly online readiness classes.

"REMEMBER save driving is YOUR responsibility"
- NCO rendered in PS2 graphics
>>
>>30632130
Well, grass isn't super effective to steel, just a lot of steel types other types are rock or ground.
>my powerlevel is showing

And what would be the consequences of legendaries? Groudon appearing would have to be treated like a fucking kaiju from pacific rim or evangelion and need to be nuked, only to self heal if I remember the pokemon it was in.

I fell like the wild pokemon phenomena would be treated like going into the woods back in the day where a bear or pack of wolves would eat you if you go unprepared. You would have to be packing every time you leave a populated human area. And pokemon would probably be treated like wildlife, where hunting would be needed to keep them from overpopulating and entering human civilization.

And if you were able to acquire pokemon as weapons, or pets, then you could buy an arcanine or growlithe and evolve it, then just keep it around you whenever you step aside to use it as an actual guard dog against wild pokemon.

Sure, the odd angry nidoking or tyranitar may walk into town and be mad about something and demolition buildings, but with enough firepower and guard pokemon to combat it it would eventually become just a nuisance. Although how humans could survive with steel and dark types and such before the invention of powder weaponry would be a mystery.
>>
>>30632221
I never understood those. Wouldn't it have be cheaper and easier to just have a real nco do it?
>>
File: 1459396550187.jpg (243 KB, 960x1108) Image search: [Google]
1459396550187.jpg
243 KB, 960x1108
>>30632221
People in the future will look back and think the guys in UCP and PT belts had it good.

Fuck me that's kind of depressing.
>>
>>30632239
Depends on the legendary. Some are just cart-unique, others are genuine gods. Gorudon is a god iirc so that would be some end of days shit. Heatran, though, is just very very rare and not any more powerful than, say, someone's lv100 Staraptor.

In fact, few things in the universe can throw down with a lv100 Staraptor and win.

>>30632261
what the fug
>>
>>30632185
I still have my shiny charizard card(and the rest of the collection) that I opened myself from the first gen times. We can be old and like things we grew up with, and we can discuss how weaponry and technology int he frame of warfare and daily life resulting from such destructive power would be dealt with if it existed today. Deal with it.
>>
File: mgs eyes.jpg (107 KB, 914x800) Image search: [Google]
mgs eyes.jpg
107 KB, 914x800
>>30632277
>tfw didn't play cards because they were expensive and skipped straight from gen 1 to gen IV because I figured pocketmans were a lot less popular than they were (also i didnt have a gba)
>>
>>30632268
Not to mention there is an actual first god pokemon, although a nuke should deal with most anything, even conventional weaponry could if you take into account game hp levels and the power of moves.

If a few steel wings or other midtier moves from a high level pokemon could take out a legendary, what would it equate to when compared to, say, 5.56 or 7.62?

If this is the case then would it be too crazy to think that a few dozen rifles aimed at a legendary who wouldn't be immune could take it out within seconds? If enough men survive their first move, an earthquake or fireblast could wreck a lot of men at once.
>>
>>30632327
0/10 every character has bascially the exact opposite expression they should

>volgin is calm,
>pain is fearful
>sorrow is disappointed
>boss is determined
>snake is tired
>paramedic is furious
>parrot is even madder
what the fug
>>
>>30631599
Yes. See Ghost Recon Future Soldier for an idea of what augmented reality would look like in a war.
>>
>>30632327
I'm sorry, friend. You missed out on lots of fun. i'ts been a few years since I've played the tcg competitively but it was fun, even though the winners would just buy specific cards from a deck proven to be the best at the time, which you could look up online.
>>
File: 1467987795753.jpg (147 KB, 700x739) Image search: [Google]
1467987795753.jpg
147 KB, 700x739
>>30632365
>GRFS is an example of actual future war

>that dlc where all your future war stuff is turned off
pretty sure 100% of players got murdered forever in that one, just like real life

>>30632374
don't worry I played the vidyas competitively in gen iv for all of two or three months

it went badly but I regret nothing
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.