[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would a WW3 have to involve nukes? It feels like superpowers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: nuclear-bomb-explosion.jpg (162 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
nuclear-bomb-explosion.jpg
162 KB, 1920x1200
Would a WW3 have to involve nukes?

It feels like superpowers are limited to cold wars and economic wars until somebody snaps.
>>
>>30619616
They'd probably be used by the losing side just as a last fuck you. I don't think any world powers really want to use them, but they'd sure like to see their enemies gone in an instant.

Except the radicals. They just want to kill infidels.
>>
Nukes are becoming obsolete. It's all about proxy wars, ICBMs, cyberwarfare and information war.

No use turning territory into a nuclear wasteland if you can't conquer it.
>>
>>30619616

As always it depends.

US nuclear strategy is all about flexibility and (iirc) Russia never drew a real line between conventional and nuclear weapons. The other nuclear powers are a little more rigid with their nuclear weapons since they don't have the budget for it.
>>
>>30619616
>Would a WW3 have to involve nukes?

The only situations I could see are:
>Best Korea puts together working missile and somehow manages to launch it at someone without being stopped
>Mooselimbs detonate a suitcase bomb and the world gets tired of various people and states funding terryrism

And both of those are extremely unlikely.

>It feels like superpowers are limited to cold wars and economic wars

Any given superpower likely has soldiers out in the world killing people right now and Russia's still invading people like it's not the current year.

>>30619635
>They'd probably be used by the losing side just as a last fuck you.

Sounds like a great way to get vaporized by every other nuclear power.
>>
>>30619871
>Sounds like a great way to get vaporized by every other nuclear power.
Hence the last part.
>>
Save bump for Oppenheimer, we haven't had a nuke thread in a while.
>>
>>30619616
WW3 will be fought like Black ops 2 story line. Itll all be technology war. The line that i will always remember from that game is when Menendez told Mason how stupid the US is to base most of its military equipment on an over seas power.
>>
>>30622248
Who?
>>
>>30622515
Our resident nuke fag who works for an anti-proliferation company
>>
>>30622515
Go away newfag
>>
>>30622519
I thought he was a strategist for the fed?
>>
>>30622354
Black Ops 2 is retarded and so are you for bringing it up.

geeeeeeeeeeeeet outa here.
>>
>>30622546
That's what he did before the anti-proliferation stuff
>>
>>30622519
Didn't he get doxed and quit shit-posting?
>>
>>30622619
>shit posting
He never shit posted
>doxed
Yes, some faggot did that.
>>
>>30619616
It doesnt have to, but its likely.
>>
>>30622619
If you think being the only trip of value is shitposting then you need to rethink some things.

Somebody doxxed him yeah. Thats why we can't have nice things. He's always a good little fountain of knowledge
>>
File: 1468514112065.jpg (963 KB, 2499x1814) Image search: [Google]
1468514112065.jpg
963 KB, 2499x1814
>>30622957

Speak his name and the devil will appear.

Last time I asked you didn't get around replying, what do you think of Clark's comment about both Russia and China's inability to control or deescalate their nuclear weapons use?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNjvS7WruaY&feature=youtu.be&t=36m35s
>>
>>30622957
Hey Oppen,haven't seen you in a while. Was wondering if you think the chances of a nuclear exchange within the next couple of decades has increased? Since Russia and China have been a bit edgier lately.
>>
>>30623125

Not oppen, clearly.

But iirc, he's said (in his humble opinion) that the chances for an exchange are pretty slim, however the chance of a non-test nuclear weapon detonation is very likely to happen within the next hundred years.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.