[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
India to make helicopter parts for Airbus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 2012830174225933734_20.jpg (86 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
2012830174225933734_20.jpg
86 KB, 800x450
>These parts will be produced at the Mahindra facility in Bengaluru. They will be shipped directly to the Airbus Helicopter production line in Marignane, France where they will be integrated with the rest of the airframe assembly and will form a critical part of the Panthers sold worldwide.

>The contract positions Mahindra Aerostructures as the first Indian company to receive a direct manufacturing contract from Airbus Helicopters as a Tier 1 supplier.

>Mahindra Aerostructures will gradually emerge as the global single source supplier to Airbus
Helicopters for these parts.

>This work package is the first amongst a series of work packages which would embed Mahindra Group firmly in the Airbus Helicopters’ global supply chain and bind the two companies in a long-term ‘Make in India’ partnership.

http://defence-blog.com/news/indian-company-to-make-parts-for-airbus-helicopters-as565-mbe-panther-rotorcraft.html

>India
>Tier-1 supplier for airbus
>"Make in India" initiative

Time to avoid airbus (at least their helicopter division) like a plague
>>
>>30617394
AirBus planes are shit as well, brakes explode and wings snap

Boeings brakes just wear and wings just flex a bit
>>
P
>>
Poland and Turkey make Blackhawks you know.

I don't think you understand how global the aircraft industry is.
>>
>>30617411
If it ain't Boeing I ain't going. Having said that, Airbus and Boeing both buy their brakes from other companies and integrate them into the air frame.

Source: I work for a company that makes brakes (and many other things) for Airbus and Boeing aircraft.
>>
>>30617414
O
>>
haha now planes will land in the street instead of the runway
>>
>>30617456
>Designated shitting pad
>>
Will they make the parts from poo?
>>
>>30617542
Stop it, indians know how to do their shit!
>>
>>30617394
>>30617451

India is already a T-1 partner for Boeing helicopters.

US Presidential Helicopters use fuselages from India.

http://www.aviationtoday.com/mobile/getitem.php?item=86324
>>
>>30617688
My bad, that was Sikorsky.

The Boeing Apache is the other major Helicopter sourced from India.

>http://www.aviation-defence-universe.com/boeings-attack-helicopter-apaches-fuselage-to-be-made-in-india/
>>
>>30617394
RIP NH90s
>>
File: Mahindra_Enforcer.jpg (13 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Mahindra_Enforcer.jpg
13 KB, 400x300
>>30617394
>trusting a company that manages to make a car that looks like shit

It might belong in indian streets, yes, HOWEVER
>>
>>30617554
Yeah, they are told the designations.
>>
File: on the tractor - opsec.jpg (571 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
on the tractor - opsec.jpg
571 KB, 1632x1224
>>30617394
Don't know how good their "Aerostructures" makes stuff but we have a Mahindra tractor on our farm that is about 10 years old and have so far only had to do regular maintenance and a few leaky hoses. Nothing major has had a problem so I actually kind of trust these guys.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.