[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>self-defense is illegal in canada Why do Americans actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 11
File: fucking idiot.png (150 KB, 309x321) Image search: [Google]
fucking idiot.png
150 KB, 309x321
>self-defense is illegal in canada
Why do Americans actually believe this? It's almost as bad as "If you're in the military you have to register your fists as a deadly weapon"
>>
>>30610852
Cause CC and pepper spray aren't really legal there.

And to be frank, I really don't feel like knife fighting Coal Black and her 7 black dwarves.
>>
>>30610875
>something being impractical makes it illegal

also you can get pepper spray here just fine. it's marketed as being for use on animals, though. It's a bit hard to find in cities because no one buys it so few stores are willing to stock it
>>
>>30610910
Describe the legal proceedings following the usage of such a product.
>>
>>30610928
>why did you have that spray?
>i was gonna go camping
>ok

that's it
>>
>>30610852
How easy was it for you to get you concealed carry permit? Or do you guys just have constitutional carry like some of the States?
>>
File: 1460778919717.png (190 KB, 318x353) Image search: [Google]
1460778919717.png
190 KB, 318x353
>>30610852
>be canadian
>shoot a home invader
>get charged with murder
>>
>>30610928
the cops will come, ask what went down, take you both away to get the story straight, and probably let you go if you used it lawfully (i.e. it was an actual self-defense situation and not mallninja posturing)

>>30610996
>get acquitted literally every time
it's almost like the police do their job and investigate things properly
>>
>>30610852
Do you keep your loaded firearm at the ready for legal home defense?
>>
File: 1457195209147-3.png (363 KB, 1080x755) Image search: [Google]
1457195209147-3.png
363 KB, 1080x755
>>30610971
HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
CC IS COMPLETELY ILLEGAL HERE
YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO CARRY ANY ITEM FOR SELF DEFENSE

WE'RE LIKE BIG CHILDREN
>>
>>30611133
except it isn't.
theres permits to carry, just difficult to get.
>>
>>30610852
I can keep a loaded firearm in my house. Can you?
>>
>>30611152
Enjoy befriending and becoming BBQ buddies with your CFO for 20 years before you can finally carry a gun on you.
>>
>>30610938
What would happen if they found out you weren't going camping, if circumstances made it obviously impossible for you to have been on your away to camp?
>>
Also, we're allowed to OC non restricted firearms (rifles and such) but the pussies here would freak out and you'd get deaded.
>>
>>30611273
So you can just take your ar or ak innawoods to a national forest and do some target shooting?
>>
File: 20160618_163154.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160618_163154.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1152
>>30611302
Yea
>https://youtu.be/cxynb_d8C-Q
>>
>>30611152
Means a lot coming from you, Mr. Pinned-mag operator.
>>
>>30611302
>ak
We can't have those because they look scary.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1466038145453.jpg (810 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1466038145453.jpg
810 KB, 2048x1152
>>30611336
Yes we can
https://youtu.be/YYxlH7PAC48
>>
>>30610996
>get charged with murder
>charges are dropped or you walk away fine unless you went full Albert Fish on him
>>
>>30611321
Not seeing many aks out there

Where are all the drum mags? Who has a firing line without everyone bump firing a few dozen rounds?
>>
>>30611365
5 round limit on mags.
>>
Cloest i ever got to open carry was carrying a rifle home from the post office in a cardboard box
>>
>>30611365
>implying we film that
Thats all illegal but doesn't matter cause no one follows that in the bush and even at the range
>>
>>30611385
Where do you guys get your assault clips?
Do you just remove the pins?
>>
>>30611385
Well aren't you the coolest boot licker around, a real badass we've got here
>>
>>30611413
>Do you just remove the pins?
NO
WE'D NEVER DO SUCH A THING
JEEZ
>>
>>30611419
What would happen if you used an unpinned mag for a legal self defense shooting?

Or if you were found with a mag that's pin was loose and easily removable?
>>
>>30611439
>What would happen if you used an unpinned mag for a legal self defense shooting?

You hide it, then call the cops.
Not that we'd ever do anything like that.
>>
>>30610852
What's your favorite ccw, a snub nose revolver or do you go with a pocket pistol like the lcp
>>
>>30610875

Knives are illegal to carry, with that thought you would go to prison, not jail.

Don't believe the maple-niglet, Self Defence IS Illegal in Canada!

If you get attacked you have to let him "do what he must" and take it up with local authorities, sending him a Very stern letter in the mail with "or else." as the closing argument.
>>
>>30611413
Of course we do, we never actually own unpinned mags but alot if people used them, its pretty fun.
>>30611439
For the second part it depends who you get and how they feel, fish and game is a 50/50 chance youll get let off with a warning to watch out for rcmp, if its peace officer theres a 30/70 chance youll get away if you're really calm and smart, if its rcmp youll be arrested have everything confinscated
>>
>>30610996

>be canadian
>intruders kicking down door
>have to get key to safe
>have to get key to cable lock
>have to open locked box with ammo
>have to load gun
>already raped three times and killed twice before being able to pull the trigger
>>
>>30611461
What if the police search your house and find it? What are the circumstances in which police can search your house?

Is the mag limit really 5? What if you shoot more than that and your neighbours say they heard all the shots at once with no pause?
>>
>>30611498
Knives are illegal to carry if you say your intent is to kill Jamal and Tyrone with them.
Which is why you say you use it to open boxes at work and shit like that.

If you don't need a knife in your daily life you probably enjoy getting assraped in the first place anyway.
>>
>>30610996
>get charged with murder
>charges dropped literally immediately upon the judge hearing what happened
its almost like the law works here
>>
>>30611370
only detachable mags. internal or otherwise requiring tools to remove has no limit

that said you can get 30 rounders and everyone just removes the pin, it's really only a law that applies at ranges in the city

>>30611498
>this is what americans actually believe
death to america
>>
>>30611529
So in Canada you have to break the law to save your life.

I'm still right, you crazy fucks are outright suicidal.

Been there....it was the most third world country I've been to..and I've been to Cambodia and Afghanistan....

.......Yeah, LITERALLY.
>>
>>30611520
They only search youre house if they have probable cause, if you have a restricted firearms license that's enough probable cause but they have to let you know 24hrs ahead of time.
>>
>>30611567
Which is why judges are there to say "nah fuck that, get outta here". The law works differently here.

>Been there....it was the most third world country I've been to..and I've been to Cambodia and Afghanistan...
Should've tried not going to Toronto or Winnipeg.
>>
File: 1455214584081.jpg (24 KB, 450x337) Image search: [Google]
1455214584081.jpg
24 KB, 450x337
>>30610910
>>30611152
>>30611336
>>30611370
>>30611385
>>30611461
>>30611529
>>30611583

What wonderful self defense laws you have, I can't imagine why people would think self defense is illegal there, it's practically the wild west
>>
>>30611644
I didn't choose any of this.
>>
>>30611544

Spend a week in jail to "sort it out", lose your job and life goes to shit. Cool....and you believe that's acceptable?! .ca are sooo fucking cucked!

>>30611558

Breaking he law to keep within the law makes ZERO sense.

I'm right...STILL, but have been there. Show me that one can defend themselves without breaking more laws to prove you're the victim.

Can't? Roger, kys, you live in a third world population.
>>
>>30611107
>>30611356
>>30611544
>be American
>someone breaks in
>shoot them
>tell officers you feared for your life
>not charged with murder
>spend no time in jail while cops investigate
>don't loose job
>don't have murder charges on record
>don't have murder arrest on record
>continue on with life
>>
>>30611567
>So in Canada you have to break the law to save your life.
no and you are retarded if you think this is the case

knives are legal to carry. they're not terribly common because most people in canada don't wake up thinking "i wish a nigga would. I WISH A NIGGA WOULD" but you can be carrying one and it's perfectly fine. a lot of people I know carry shitty mallninja folding knives. I'm not really sure why they do, but they do it (personally I carry a multitool. it has a blade but I very rarely use it)

you literally cannot be prosecuted for just carrying a knife. it is literally not a crime.

if you get into a tussle and stab someone, and the judge asks "well why did you have a knife", saying "because I was in a bad part of town" is distinctly reasonable as well. even if the judge is a complete shitlib (which few if any are) and wants to pin a crime on you for it, it would be premeditated assault (you stabbed someone and comported yourself intending to stab someone), not a weapons offence.

the law is also not zero-sum, and the other guy who started a tussle with you will have his own entirely separate case. you will both appear in both cases and they may even be handled concurrently, but your charges are separate.

>>30611626
>Should've tried not going to Toronto or Winnipeg.
also this, toronto is basically america-lite except without any of the things that make america good or interesting

>>30611670
>Spend a week in jail
you wouldn't be held in jail for that long
>lose your job
lmao what a fucking cuck, you can't call your boss and say "yo bro i got into A FUCKING KNIFE FIGHT AND ALMOST LOST so i wont be in to work today" without getting fired? lmao
>>
>Americans not knowing how common law works
Why am I not surprised
>>
>>30611751
"common sense legislation" is a trigger phrase for them so they can't understand a judge or beat cop actually having common sense.
>>
>>30611302
ARs are restricted to it's illegal to take them anywhere but a firing range
>>
>>30611718
Knives are not legal to carry with the intent of self defense, to do so would break the law
>>
>>30611751
no I just think your restrictions are pathetic and I think that you're trying to prove to yourself that you're alright with your situation.

that's why every other post is ad hominem or a sweeping generalization
>>
>>30610852
What gun do you carry for self defense?
>>
>>30611801
>that's why every other post is ad hominem or a sweeping generalization
Pretty funny coming from someone who called 30 million people cucks and third world inhabitants.
>>
File: 2016-07-13_19.31.11.jpg (375 KB, 637x1491) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-13_19.31.11.jpg
375 KB, 637x1491
You canacucks only proved the OPs point is in fact wrong and ass->face...

Sad....so sad how a whole nation went SJW and Marxist and cucked. It's the Sweden of the Americas.

To all Americans, Do Not Go There, Is a Shitty, Hell-Hole, of a nation. Violent, degenerate and ass-backwards in all things.
>>
>>30611787
>it being illegal will stop anyone

Also you can use "crown land" as a firing range legally anyway.

>>30611792
>it's not legal to intend to stab someone
shit yankee-kun you dont say
>>
>>30611830
I'm an American in Alberta and my only complaints are I can't find weed and its been to wet to hike the last few days
>>
File: guns.png (260 KB, 650x954) Image search: [Google]
guns.png
260 KB, 650x954
>>30611804
>>
>>30611801
i don't know why some of my fellow canadians try so hard to do damage control

every time someone uses a gun for self defense they get charged with a myriad of firearms violations and thrown in prison, it takes years to get out of and will financially and emotionally destroy you

they assume that it's impossible to unlock and access your firearm in time to defend yourself

the only thing we have going is violent crime is pretty low here, comparatively, so at least your odds of having something happen to your are lessened

>>30611840
>Also you can use "crown land" as a firing range legally anyway.
no, it specifically means it has to be an approved, licensed firing range, if you get caught with your AR in the woods you could face prison time
>>
>>30611840
>to intend to stab someone

*To legally defend yourself, something that is apparently illegal in Canada
>>
>>30611751
We do, that's why we wanted to do away with it.
>>
>>30610852
You know, if I were Canadian I would just carry a mace around, you know with the spikey ball and chain. If people couldn't carry guns around no one would fuck with the guy carrying a flail
>>
File: 1464331543337.png (4 KB, 312x315) Image search: [Google]
1464331543337.png
4 KB, 312x315
>>30611818
what? do you think everyone you speak to on this board is the same person? what you responded to was my first post in the thread smartass.
>>
>>30610852
So what you mean to say op, is self defense is legal, if you are in your home and you use licensed and approved weapons, or in public, as long as you don't carry the tools that are most efficient for the job
>>
>>30611883
>every time someone uses a gun for self defense they get charged with a myriad of firearms violations and thrown in prison,
except that rarely if ever happens, and what usually happens is that the charges are dropped and any others the prosecution goes forward with fizzle out immediately (and were only brought forward because prosecutors are scum)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/self-defence-what-s-acceptable-under-canadian-law-1.1229180

>CBC News: You hear a noise and go downstairs in the middle of the night and find a burglar, and you can't tell if he's armed. Legally, what are your options?
>Under Section 40 of the Criminal Code, which deals with the defence of dwellings, Nichols says, "everyone who is in possession of a dwelling house is justified in using as much force as necessary, to prevent any person from forcibly breaking into or entering the dwelling house without lawful authority."
does YOUR state have castle doctrine?

>CBC News: You own a store and someone has come in late at night to rob it. Is it legal to use force to stop them?
>"What is allowed is what's called a citizens arrest," Nichols says.
>"Generally the term 'as much force as reasonably necessary,' is again applied to this situation."
>"The crown attorney still has to show the force was unreasonable,"
Hmm, looks like the onus is on the state to prove you did wrong, and not the other way around...... Hmm............

>CBC News: Someone has just stolen something that belongs to you and is running down the street. Can you chase and tackle them to get your stuff back?
>"if you see someone committing an indictable offence you can make a citizens arrest using reasonable force."
>"You can pursue that person, but you're liable much like a police officer doing an arrest," he said.
But wait, I guess this means the country is C U C K E D because you're not allowed to impose the death penalty for petty theft

death to america and all americans for their willful ignorance
>>
>>30611886
if you're walking around with a weapon intending to use it, it implies that you're the one starting fights

you're basically going to a judge and saying "Well, judge, I really did wish a nigga would. And then he did! What's the problem?"

the problem is that you've been walking around town intending to stab people. you're a danger and should be locked up.
>>
>>30610910
The idea behind a backdoor ban is to place enough obstacles in it's path that it will effectively become nearly impossible to exercise such right.
>>
>>30611204
Tell them that sometimes you have to contend with unfriendly street dogs in your neighborhood and that you're afraid of them.
>>
>>30611204
You wouldn't be asked questions like that about bear spray because it's legal to own and carry. They sell it at Shoppers Drug Mart for fuck's sake.
>>
>>30612084
>that you will probably lose a street fight is a "back door ban" on self-defense

no it's just you having a limp wrist
>>
>>30611515
>be me
>canadian
>nigger kicks down my door
>roll over towards pistol safe next to bed
>enter the combination
>there's only 4 buttons
>the combination is 1234
>literally just swipe my thumb across it
>grab 1911
>insert magazine
>remove jamal
Canada sucks, but its not the UK.
>>
>>30611515
>be american
>sleep with gun under pillow loaded and cocked
>gun has no safety or decocker because thats a violation of my second amendment rights
>jam hand under pillow in sleep during a bad dream
>accidentally kill wife in half-asleep haze after a nightmare
How can I blame the jews for this?
>>
>>30612441
Is it a Jewish gun?
Also, go back to /pol/
>>
>be American
>nigger kicks in window
>throw on my level 3 body armor vest
>grab fully loaded, suppressed AR and flip off safety.
>put on NODs
>kill the main breakers in the house
>hunt negroids down
Canadcucks will never know this level of freedom.
>>
File: 1458449207550.jpg (82 KB, 600x656) Image search: [Google]
1458449207550.jpg
82 KB, 600x656
>He does everything legally
>>
>>30611529
actually knives are illegal to conceal if they are carried as a weapon

if you're carrying your knife for utility, religious or hygenic purposes then it's fine

>>30611792
wrong. open carry of weapons is legal, granted they are not prohibited weapons or restricted/prohibited firearms. technically you can carry a sword, glaive, expandable baton, can of bear spray, etc and not break any laws. open carry of rifles is also legal but like in many parts of the US you'll provoke a bad reaction if you peacefully stroll through downtown of a major city with an SKS on your back.
>>
>>30611883
FYI you can shoot restricted firearms anywhere that a firearm may safely and legally be discharged. The restriction is on where you may transport the firearm. If your house has enough property that you can safely fire your AR-15 into a hill then there is no law preventing you from shooting your AR-15 at home or anywhere else you have an ATT for. If your licensed gunsmith lives out in the sticks where it's safe and legal to discharge firearms then you can pop off a few rounds with his permission. If you get an ATT to crown land (unlikely) you can legally shoot there.

If you say otherwise you're flat out wrong and have nothing to back up your argument.

>>30612040
>Carrying a weapon for the lawful purpose of self defense implies that the weapon is being carried for an unlawful purpose of attempted murder.
are you retarded?
>>
https://youtu.be/cz0vZoVZQrk

I'll just leave this here.

...yeah...
>>
>>30612022

>Under Section 40 of the Criminal Code, which deals with the defence of dwellings, Nichols says, "everyone who is in possession of a dwelling house is justified in using as much force as necessary, to prevent any person from forcibly breaking into or entering the dwelling house without lawful authority."

I can already see a massive loophole here, it says that you may use as much force as necessary, to prevent any person from forcibly breaking into or entering the dwelling or house, but not to eject them once they're in.

>Canada in charge of writing solid laws
>>
>>30610852
>Why do Americans actually believe this?

Because it might as well be. You can't carry a gun on you legally let alone stop by at a restaurant to eat after a trip to the range with your guns still in your vehicle.
>>
>>30610852
because in practice it's true
in australia for example, you can use an "equal amount of force" to protect yourself from someone and invoke the self-defense law, but you're still going to go into court on murder charges and thus get fired from your job, eventually evicted from your place, and hated by anyone you've ever come into contact with

that's not to mention if you use an "excessive" amount of force (keeping in mind the definition excessive depends on the judge you get, and most of them haven't been in a fist fight no less a home invasion) you can use the defense but you'll get a manslaughter charge instead which you can go to prison for.

one guy a few months ago got his name dragged through the fucking mud for protecting himself and his teenage daughter from an aboriginal home invader who was on parole for rape and kidnapping. he got off in the end but he got fired from his job and had 3 weeks of media slander directed against him therefore fucking over his chances of ever getting a decent job afterwards.

yes, "self defense" is legal in australia, but actually defending yourself will result in a clusterfuck second only to actual murder and manslaughter charges. therefore for most people who aren't willing to go to federal prison it's illegal.

canada is pretty much identical.
>>
>>30611804
Tok, moving to a G34 when I can find a local custom holster maker.
>>30611515
>Have mag-fed shotgun (or NR rifle)
>Store unloaded beside bed (with a trigger lock you never use)
>[INTRUDER ALERT]
>Operate Jimmy John Lysol into the dirt
>For all intents and purposes, you appear to have been legally storing it
>>30614985
Yeah, we're bad for that. Must be our Brit heritage.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 389x446) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 389x446
>>30610852
>be Canadian
>arrested for drawings of anime girls
>once out of prison for my great crime buy a home
>attacked
>get arrested for defending myself with a shovel
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.