[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Motto's of armies/units
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 8
I'll start:
Russian stategic forces

>after us only silence
>>
"Others do what they can, engineers do what they want."
>>
>>30607903
What is the context of that motto?
>>
>>30607903
It doesnt make any sense
>>
File: Topal M.jpg (65 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
Topal M.jpg
65 KB, 604x453
>>
>>30607903

Is sounds like an horrendous corruption of: "The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."
>>
>>30608081
I dunno, makes sense to me. The implication is the engineers do whatever the fuck they want because they're godlike compared to the grunts and pogs
>>
In France we have

Marine commandos : Kill and take the sail

Artillery motto : The last argument of kings
1st Artillery Regiment : Jupiter's thunderbolts protect our children
3rd Artillery Regiment : At the Sainte Barbe, long live the bombard

Engineers : Sometimes destroy, often build, always serve

15th Mountain Battalion : Also worthy of being shown to our enemies and our friends
>>
File: Ultima ratio regum.jpg (68 KB, 640x420) Image search: [Google]
Ultima ratio regum.jpg
68 KB, 640x420
>>
>>30608987
Pretty much nailed it.

Then again, rumor has it that the phrase was originally muttered by an observer at a certain field exercise where the engineers spent most of their time fooling around because the officer in charge had no real use for them.
>>
File: AFGSC.jpg (97 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
AFGSC.jpg
97 KB, 1280x800
>>30607876
>>
File: Titan2_color_silo.jpg (61 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
Titan2_color_silo.jpg
61 KB, 500x625
>>30607876
Ok, that is legitimately terrifying, not in the sense of "fear us" but in the sense of "pray we are never needed". STRATAIRCOM had the less ominous (until you think about it) "Peace is our Profession"
>>
>Wild Weasel flights
You Gotta Be Shitting Me

>USN railgun prototype project
Speed Kills
>>
File: 220px-Wild_Weasels_patch.jpg (33 KB, 220x283) Image search: [Google]
220px-Wild_Weasels_patch.jpg
33 KB, 220x283
>>30610837
Forgot pic
>>
File: tmp_13642-Nrol-39324775983.jpg (427 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
tmp_13642-Nrol-39324775983.jpg
427 KB, 1024x1024
NRO
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.