[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why are revolvers popular among criminals and thugs ? Is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: taurus-model-856b.jpg (185 KB, 661x496) Image search: [Google]
taurus-model-856b.jpg
185 KB, 661x496
So why are revolvers popular among criminals and thugs ? Is it because of the whole "no shells on the ground" thing ? Also, would the bullet it self be traceable ?
>>
>Also, would the bullet it self be traceable ?

CSI is horseshit and ballistic fingerprinting is voodoo. It has never been a contributing factor in any conviction.
>>
They're small, cheap, and common. It's the same reason every other common crime gun is so common.

Shell casings really don't mean anything as "ballistic fingerprinting" is CSI bullshit and not a real life thing. At most you might find a useable fingerprint on a casing, but I don't think the average criminal worries about that.
>>
>>30601938
is a firing pin's primer strike matchable to a given struck primer?
>>
>>30601901
revolver really arent popular with criminals and thugs, when guns are used by criminals and thugs they are usually ditched soon after, so the no bullet left behind thing is pointless. Bullets arent traceable, they can be matched to a gun only if they find the gun that shot it.

either you're an idiot or a shit poster.
>>
As Project Pat says,
"My fingerprints on the shell, so I keeps revolver"
>>
>>30601965
no.
>>
>>30601938
Chances are that sometimes the bullet (if using fml) will still be in tact is possible, but i doubt they can trace it as well. But like you said, the average criminal wouldn't care either way.
>>
>>30601965
Not without microstamping, which wears off after about a dozen shots.
>>
>>30601977
i left off, but even matching a bullet to a gun is kind of hokey pokey CSI bullshit.
>>
>>30601965
Generally no.

>>30601990
Unless the gun has a uniquely damaged or otherwise altered bore than produces as equally unique mark on the bullet, a bullet can't be matched to a specific gun. All that can usually be matched is the pattern of the rifling pitch, which might just narrow down the type of gun it was fired from.
>>
>>30601965
Casings and bullets can be matched to a gun, firing pin, chamber, extrator and ejector all leave their pwn unique marks on a case. These marks do change over use and with cleaning.

The CSI type stuff is usefull in adding to the evidence when you already have caught crim A with gun B that you can say with a high probability was used to murder person C.
>>
>>30601965
You can ID cases to types of guns from primer strikes.

Glocks are really rather obvious, my CZ can be distinguished from my CZ with some practice (CZ has more backflow).
>>
>>30602117
Gah, CZ Shadow from my HK USP.
>>
>>30601901
ARE revolvers popular among criminals and thugs? I doubt the initial premise, OP. As far as the "no shells on the ground" thing, savvy criminals simply wipe down the cartridges before inserting them in the magazine.
>>
>That one scene in The Dark Kinght where they use a computer to digitally reconstruct a bullet fired into a brick wall and get the Joker's fingerprints from it

My whole theatre scoffed when that happened.
>>
>>30601901
>Also, would the bullet it self be traceable ?
The rifling leaves an impression on the sides of the bullet, and different guns have different kinds of rifling, so yes.
>>
>>30601983
How the hell you robbers, gonna rob the robber.

My nigga,
>>
"not using semi automatic and picking up the shells to make them think they are looking for a revolver"
>>
File: 960.jpg (49 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
49 KB, 960x540
>>30603822
Personally, for my drivebys, my shooters use ar15's with brass catchers.
>>
>>30603842
"not using full auto baby killer guns"

it's like you want to be killed by rival gangs
>>
File: bhkhbk.jpg (86 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
bhkhbk.jpg
86 KB, 350x250
>>30603855
>"not using full auto baby killer guns"

it's because your mom's mouth is my baby killer
>>
>>30603865

top kek, didn't you go to jail last time for beating her to death?
>>
>>30601935
Sadly this. Cops and criminal investigators are actually good at their jobs and criminals when caught settle for plea bargains rather than claiming innocence and having lawyers break down all evidence collected and conclusions drawn by CSI. I studied for it and got a degree but don't have the patience to draw and map crime scenes every time shit happens.
>>
>>30601965
>microstamping

Its like they want me to shave down the pin AND make it full auto.
>>
It's probably because revolvers use to be very common up to a few decades ago.
Once semi's started to catch on people started to dump their revolvers and the used market probably sold them off cheaper than new in box semi's
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.