[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the distribution of weapons in standard infantry squad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: wehrmacht.jpg (173 KB, 1024x658) Image search: [Google]
wehrmacht.jpg
173 KB, 1024x658
What was the distribution of weapons in standard infantry squad and/or platoon of the Wehrmacht?

In a combat group (what is called now squad: 8-12 men) how many had a Kar98k and how many had a MP40?
And later how many had stg44 and how many had G43?

What was the proportion of MG42s, Marksmen (kar98k/G43 with a scope?), PzFaust/PzSchrek in a platoon?
>>
>>30598371
Also what was the specialization (what brugers call MOS) of the infantry soldiers (grenadier, LMG, etc) ?
>>
File: german-infantry-squad.jpg (33 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
german-infantry-squad.jpg
33 KB, 500x340
>>30598371

got you Familie
>>
File: GermanInfantrySecondCompany.jpg (61 KB, 1023x399) Image search: [Google]
GermanInfantrySecondCompany.jpg
61 KB, 1023x399
>>30598609
>>
>>30598609
Huh I always thought the Germans had two SMG's per squad. Was this organization standard throughout the war?
>>
>>30598371
this kind of stuff is intredasting. Bumkin for more,maybe other countries too?
>>30598609
>>30598621
>>
>>30599747

They tried to add as many SMG's as they they could, but production could never keep up.
>>
>>30599831
They still build 1 million of MP40
>>
>>30598371
When are we talking here, early, mid or late war, and what kind of unit because otherwise it varies wildly
>>
>>30600212
Basic infantry (rifle squad) as I said. And mid war, beginning of Barbarossa-1943. So before that german logistic and organisation goes completely shit.
>>
>>30600041

That's still not enough, considering the Germans were always on the defensive.

If a guy with an MP 40 dies, and the western allies/Soviets advance over where he does, that MP 40 was gone forever. One million MP40 averaged out over the 20 or so million men in the Wehrmacht isn't a lot at all.
>>
>>30600285
by basic infantry do you mean just run of the mill infanterie, panzergrenadier, or motorized?
>>
>>30598371
Bump. Also want to know about different WWII nations' squad compositions and tactics. Be broad or specific as you like.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.