[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shotguns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 600x337
Been meaning to get myself a nice shotgun. Particularly a side by side or over under one. Something with tasteful engravings would be nice. I'm willing to spend 1,500-2,000. Any recommendations?
>>
>>30593260
Miroku or Browning are nice and within your price range
>>
>>30593260

Is there any advantage to horizontal rather than vertical double barrel shotguns?

benefits of overunder:
>aim is true for both barrels

benefits of sidebydie:
>???
>>
>>30594149
>looks cooler
>i find it nicer to hold in my off hand when walking around.
>feel like the Doom marine

yeah thats about it i guess
>>
>>30594230
Not him, but I like the look of O/U a lot more than SxS
>>
>>30593260
>was going to offer a benelli brand
>go to the website
>only 1 offer for double barrel shotgun

What the fuck is benelli doing?

Also op, would a semi auto with tasteful engravings be in your line?
>>
>>30594279
benelli is mostly semi-autos now, beretta handles the double barrel shotguns more, I mean, since they have the same owners.
>>
Aya offer fantastic quality sbs in your range.
Sbs are lighter and give a broad sight plane which can help when you need to pick up a bird fast.
>>
>>30594401

Why no double barrel Semi-autos?
>>
Weatherby over-under
>>
>>30593260
Engravings offer no tactical advantage whatsoever.
>>
>>30596155
Reduced weight bruh. High speed low drag.
>>
>>30596155
You gotta get skulls n shit engraved for that Psychological factor bro.
>>
>>30594149

Extreme cool points.

That's it (still got a SxS though for the cool points haha).
>>
>>30594149
>benefits of overunder:
>aim is true for both barrels

That is honestly pretty irrelevant with shotguns, but if you get rifle barrels for it, then it becomes a very important.

>>30596155
>Engravings offer no tactical advantage whatsoever.

This.

Same shotgun without engravings is cheaper and just as good.

>>30596228
>Reduced weight bruh

A gram or two.
>>
>>30594149
When shooting clays with O/U if you are using the bottom barrel you will often have to cover your target with the top one.

With SxS you will always have the target in sight.
Some people still prefer O/U for clays though.

Does anyone know of a decent SxS that can shoot modern loads and won't break the bank. It doesn't have to be all engraved and pretty.
>>
>>30596567
Grams turn into kilograms brah.
>>
Been looking into a citori 425/525 for clay shooting. Anyone have any experience with one? How's it handle vs other ou shotguns in that price range
>>
>>30596589

Hunting and sports shooting isn't military where few gram in everything could actually matter broseph.
>>
Any recommendations on a semi auto, preferably high capacity?
>>
>>30596228
>>30596237
>>30596567
>all these people missing the reference

https://youtu.be/0KdDfGHpl5M
>>
>>30596155
You're pretty good.
>>
VEPR-12
E
P
R
|
>>
>>30595895
I think they are actually making one
>>
>>30597095
Pretty...good (death)
>>
>>30596589

Only if you use a metric stone on them or they're level 25 or above.
>>
>>30596577
>Does anyone know of a decent SxS that can shoot modern loads and won't break the bank. It doesn't have to be all engraved and pretty.
stoeger coach gun is the one of the few on the market

its like 500 too
>>
File: 1454636239926.jpg (62 KB, 900x498) Image search: [Google]
1454636239926.jpg
62 KB, 900x498
Chiappa Triple Threat.
>>
File: IMGP4121_3.jpg (770 KB, 1600x1022) Image search: [Google]
IMGP4121_3.jpg
770 KB, 1600x1022
>>30593260
anyone know of that 12ga single shot shotgun walmart has for $100, it opens up like pic related
>>
One benefit of a SXS (with double triggers, anyway) is having your choice of differently choked barrels right up until the point you pull the trigger.

With an O/U you have to decide before you mount the gun if you want the top or bottom barrel to fire first, usually by a selector switch on the tang.

Also, and this may or may not be a problem depending on if you're just shooting clays for fun or shooting high volume stuff like doves or driven grouse, a SXS is a little quicker to reload since the action doesn't have to open at the O/Us radical angle since both shells are on the same horizontal plane. Easier on your ghillie that way, don't you know...

All that being said, get a Winchester Sporting Supreme O/U if you can find one. I've been shooting one for years and it's just as solid now as when I bought it.
>>
>>30596577
>decent SXS

The CZ ones, Yildiz, Akkar Churchill are pretty good out of the box for the price. Baikals are rough but strong.
>>
Anybody here ever gotten one of those DP-12's? I'm interested as hell in getting one, and I have the money, I just don't know if I should drop the money, because it would be my first shotgun
>>
>>30599259
Probably a New England Firearms or H&R.
>>
>>30596577
"Some people still preffer o/u for clays"

You mean 99% of people
>>
>>30599634
Always heard good about them. You should buy it
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2448x1836) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2448x1836
>>30593260
I would go to your local big box store and handle a bunch of guns, see which you like best. I have seen 725 fields under 2k at sportsmans warehouse, and silver pigeons for a couple of bones more. If you don't mind buying used, check your local trap ranges. There's usually one or two dudes upgrading from a browning or beretta sp to something fancier.
>>
>>30596577
Dickinson SxS. Or used
>>
What are your thoughts on baikal's shotguns?
>>
>>30597059
M101A1.
>>
The way I've always had it was that O/U usually does better for incoming birds, and SxS does better going away birds.

That being said, something critical is that the gun needs to fit you perfectly. This is a major thing that is almost always neglected with shotguns for some or other reason.

>>30599506
This.
I have a Winchester English Select 30', which I absolutely love. I've put roughly 8000 shots through it the last 3 years and its rock solid.

My father bought a Browning 525 around the same time, also about 8000 rounds through it, also rock solid.

Our prices are higher than you guys(from SA), so you should be able to get the nicer ones...
>>
>>30594121
Any specific Miroku which is really nice?
>>
>>30593260
engravings
offer no tactical advantage
what so ever.
>>
>>30597555
Don't be daft.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.