[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pictures of China's future Type 055 Destroyer first construction
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Type_055_CG_cruiser_PLAN_1.jpg (52 KB, 640x358) Image search: [Google]
Type_055_CG_cruiser_PLAN_1.jpg
52 KB, 640x358
http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4192

RIP American/Japanese naval dominance in the Pacific
1945 - 2017
>>
ok.
>>
>>30582122
go use some harbor freight tools then tell me about how china is going to take over.

you're talking about a people whose last original idea was gunpowder, and who have been poorly copying slavshit for half a century.
>>
>>30582144
>poorly copying slavshit

But this is slav shit we are talking about, it shouldn't even be expensive. The ironic thing is my bro's Type 53 is probably less fucked in the actual sight alignment than my 91/30.
>>
>>30582144
Kek that the Brits use Chinese large loading cranes to build their two QE Carriers.
>>
File: 220959fkkx9ng9979guhhl.jpg (295 KB, 1500x900) Image search: [Google]
220959fkkx9ng9979guhhl.jpg
295 KB, 1500x900
It will be the heaviest armed surface combattant after the modernized Kirovs.
It will be China's dreadnaught and future growth platform to be upgraded with new concept weapons.
>>
>>30582122
Those CIA spies are pretty good at their job if they are able to consistently take secret photos of the construction of these ships.
>>
>>30582216
zumwalts are 15,000 tons
>>
File: ss.png (29 KB, 121x130) Image search: [Google]
ss.png
29 KB, 121x130
>>30582216
Chinese should finally make the battleship we're all waiting for.

>mfw battleship naval race #2
>>
>>30582235
But only have 80 large diameter cells. Type 055 has 128 large diameter cells that are larger than the Mk.57.
>>
>>30582249
only takes 1 LRASM to sink a chink ship
>>
>>30582216

I can't wait to see people who once bullied yuro navies DDs for having smaller VLS cell counts compared to the Burkes, now defend the Burkes with their lower cell count compared to the Chinese DDs.
>>
>>30582271
Ships don't fight each other, so numbers of cells is largely irrelevant
These ships are designed for decades of peacetime tasks, not war
Otherwise they would have 1000 cells, and armor, and be 100,000 tons
>>
Chinese design is usually really nice to look at but their Navy looks like shit.
>>
>RIP American/Japanese naval dominance in the Pacific
Get back to me when China has anywhere close to the number of DDGs as USA with over 80 combination of Ticonderogas and Arleigh Burkes.
>>
>>30582301
Or the number of carriers.

OP doesn't get that carriers rule the seas, as do submarine snow, for the last 50 years. Chinese can make all the advanced DDs they want, won't change the fact that under a concentrated attack by a CVs CAG it'll get sunk.
>>
>>30582122
>http://www.navyrecognition.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4192
I'm pretty sure that's actually a cargo ship.
>>
>>30582327
Cargo ships usually don't have an anchor bay like that. Sure, the bow looks kinda round from that perspective, but parts of its upper tip is still missing. And that yard area is kinda reserved for warship production, having produced 052Ds in series before.

Not to mention, shipbuilding in general is kept afloat with military orders since the economic slowdown.
>>
>>30582315
China hardly has global commitments and needs no 12 Carriers. The 3 that they will have by 2025 should be sufficient for regional power projection supported by their shore based firepower. Their upper limit of six would already be overkill in combination with their land based firepower.

Submarines, I agree with you. But China seems to be addressing that by churning out nuclear subs in series in the last couple of years.
>>
Apart from Aircraft carriers. Naval forces are completely useless. its 2016 not 1716 anymore. Imagine how much money china wasted on this trash
>>
Japan already lost theirs even without the Type 055.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.