[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get home from gym >cops are at my apartment complex searching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>get home from gym
>cops are at my apartment complex searching around with flashlights and shit
>I'm guessing there's someone creeping around
>get my AR and make sure sure it's oiled up and shit, in case someone tries to break in tonight.
>the Chinese made piece of shit Primary Arms red dot sight is broken
>I'm shit out of luck if I have to use it in the dark
Now I gotta use my USP with night sights for home defense

I guess I learned the hard way about buying cheap optics. Can anyone recommend a good sight to use for my AR? I need one that will cowitness with my A2 front sight post. I like the holographic display EOTechs use, but apparently they have problems.
>>
>>30578186
what was the butterfly's wisdom?
>>
Primary arms micro dot
>>
>>30578186

thats what you get for using cheap shit

flashlight more important than an optic anyways for HD
>>
>>30578186
The secret is to:
A) Not use a chinese made piece of shit primary arms rds.
and
B) Buy night sights for your ar.
>>
>>30578186
Aim point, Trijicon, Meprolight, Night force make some decent optics. Also get some night sights for the rifle.
>>
>>30578186
trijicon mro for red dot.
trijicon 1-4x scope for longer
>>
>>30578234
>thats what you get for using cheap shit

>implying you can even trust expensive shit after the EOTech debacle
>>
File: already out of date.jpg (1 MB, 2889x2945) Image search: [Google]
already out of date.jpg
1 MB, 2889x2945
aimpoint pro, $424, frequently on sale for less

if you can score a cheap eotech off of ebay for about $300, go for it. otherwise, pass. they really aren't that special

you can also ebay an aimpoint comp m4s. will pay about $450 for a good condition one, depends on the auction. fucking bomb proof, amazing, I love them

trijicon mro had some issues with the battery contacts, break easy or something.

and I use an aimpoint micro t1. it's alright. there's a little tint, and the dot isn't super crisp. but they go used about $500
>>
>>30578186
AIMPOINT PRO, they are in demand, when I was looking for one, only place I could find one was AIM Surplus. Thankfully I live in driving distance and I picked it up the Tues after I ordered it on a weekend.
>>
EOtech is an awesome optic. Large glass, easy to aquire reticle. Their problem had to do with losing zero due to extreem temperature so i guess it depends on where you live. If you live in a relatively temperature neutral area then EOtech all the way, if you live somewhere with extreem cold and maybe extreem heat find something else.
>>
I know everyone else in the thread has already said it but this is why you buy quality stuff for go to weapons.
Cheap stuff breaks and it never breaks at a time of your choosing.
No one has bought a bombproof add on for their AR and wished they had gone with an objectivly shittier option.
>>
File: AR_reddot_2.jpg (148 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
AR_reddot_2.jpg
148 KB, 1280x960
I went with an Aimpoint Micro H-1 with a lower 1/3 cowitness Larue Tactical QD mount. One of the best reddots on the market, and like your situation, used with an A2 front sight.
>>
File: Fuck+chechnya_72cb23_5096534.jpg (79 KB, 640x589) Image search: [Google]
Fuck+chechnya_72cb23_5096534.jpg
79 KB, 640x589
>>30578216
>>
>>30578186
>I'm shit out of luck if I have to use it in the dark
>I guess I learned the hard way about buying cheap optics.

It's called a flashlight. And let me guess, you bought the $100 PA micro. Your red dot or fancy smancy tritiums won't do dick unless you can identify whatever your target is.

And for the sake of fuck, don't cowitness on A2 sights goddamnit.

Every weapon you intend to use for self defense especially home defense where you don't need to compromise should have a light. You should already have an EDC light if you do cc already. There is literally no excuse.
>>
>poorly disguised anti-PA thread
Lol, no. The advanced micro is the best optic on the market for the price.
>>
>>30578913
Sure, as long as you don't trust your life on it.
>>
>>30578314
>implying you can even trust expensive shit after the EOTech debacle

eotechs shift zero in EXTREME temperatures. Unless you live in a fucking oven or cocytus, you will not experience any adverse effects when using an eotech.

And lets say you do experience some shift in zero, fuck it. You're still rougly at a distance under 20 meters in a home defense scenario, complete non issue.

I would never buy an eotech since the aimpoint micro and trijicon mro are things but far too many people make a huge ass deal about eotechs failing and shifting zero.
>>30578936
For home defense, it's fine. I can bet a lot of people including OP did not get the 50k hour version.
>>
>>30578760
>No one has bought a bombproof add on for their AR and wished they had gone with an objectivly shittier option.
No one who dropped $1k on an optic is going to honestly critique it
>>
>>30578936
>hurr durr trust yer life
Back to arfcom, autist.
>>
>>30578249
>trijicon 1-4x scope for longer
do yourself a favor and get a real scope like a Nightforce ATACR F1 or a March 1-8 FFP. Trjicon's only products worth buying are

1) ACOG
2) MRO
3) RMR

and yes, I have ALL of them.
>>
>>30578186
Aimpoint Pro.
>>
File: 8131491.jpg (64 KB, 315x475) Image search: [Google]
8131491.jpg
64 KB, 315x475
>>30578186
>not lighting your battle rifle on fire
>can now see in the dark
>your enemies are terrified of flaming death
What are you, fucking gay?
>>
>>30578216
>fuck niggers

and so we had a race war
>>
>>30578186
Vortex Sparc/Strikefire
Aimpoint PRO
>>
File: 20160408_123525.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160408_123525.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>30581916

I have the StrikeFire II, works pretty well even in the absurd heat and humidity of coastal Texas.
>>
>>30578186
given that my PA red dot fell off a cliff and survived (about ~10 meters) how did yours break?
>>
>>30578186
Tritium back up irons will work in a pinch.

If you have a fixed front sight post you could buy a tritium post.
>>
File: she's perfect.jpg (731 KB, 1689x758) Image search: [Google]
she's perfect.jpg
731 KB, 1689x758
>>30578186
Here's my setup for defending the farm from methniggers.

The light is ridiculous huge, a Thrunite TN15. 1,000+ lumens with 2 hours of runtime and a pressure switch. I can light up 100 meters of field with it easily.

I have Troy tritium BUIS, that work well. Not pictured is a cheap shitty Bushnell TRS-25 that runs down to below acceptable brightness after one night of being left on.

I need to see the dot with 1,000 lumens of sunlight in front of it, one thing to consider.

The tritium BUIS are perfect though, when you hear a bump in the night (or wireless driveway alarm beeping) you won't forget to turn the tritium on before you go investigate.

Leave the tritium up, co-witness through a red-dot. Get an always-on red dot too.
>>
File: 1460394229749.jpg (50 KB, 480x445) Image search: [Google]
1460394229749.jpg
50 KB, 480x445
Stop being a crybaby bitch and tape a flashlight around that motherfucker.
>>
>apartment
>Needing sights at all

If you can't shoot 10 feet in front of you...
>>
>>30578186
get a RCO my nigga bindon aiming concept is difficult to get used to but once you are its the fucken shit nigga
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.