[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gun abuse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 13
File: angry-pepe.jpg (7 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
angry-pepe.jpg
7 KB, 236x236
>be me today
>show 1911 fag friend my newly aquired S&W 686 prelock.
>open cylinder and hand it to him
>first thing he does is slam the cylinder shut with the flick of the wrist
>proceed to tell me how nice my gun us
>holding in my rage as my face turns red with rage, fists clenched.
>ask for gun back
>get gun
>put back in safe
>mfw he tells me I should close the cylinder like so to look hard as fuck

Could a once time incident of a person flicking the cylinder shut damage my gun if it happened only once?
>>
Gun broke, not safe for firing anymore, please give to police for melting down. Only safe way to do it.
>>
The only thing left to do is tie the barrel in a knot and give it to a liberal arts college.
>>
>>30577678
A coworker of mine who is very gun savy did that with my 629 EXTREMELY hard after spinning it. Explained to him why it's bad for it and he apologized profusely. Now any time I hand a revolver over to anyone I give them a breef rundown on revolver etiquette before. Barry from Iraqveteran8888 has a great vid on it.
>>
File: 34.png (933 KB, 870x491) Image search: [Google]
34.png
933 KB, 870x491
someone tell me why flipping the cylinder shut is bad

I don't want "I heard it's because ___" fuddlore. Has anyone actually experienced damage on their wheelgun due to this?
>>
>>30577678
Check your timing bits for peen marks. It's probably OK, but I watched a guy render a 3 inch Ruger SP101 inoperable by doing that just once, like a minute after the gun store took it out of the box.
>>
>>30577801
The mechanical bits that time the cylinder bores to the barrel are pretty small, delicate things. You can force them to strike each other hard enough to damage them, and then the gun can either lock up and not want to advance, lock up and not want to open back up, or get out of time, so your bullet strikes the edge of the barrel slightly, instead of passing cleanly through the forcing cone.

TL;DR, it's not fuddlore, you do serious damage to a revolver by doing this.
>>
>>30577838
This, plus you can start mushrooming the yoke as well.
>>
>>30577801
kek
>>
>>30577678

It should be fine, I remember my dad did that when I got my S&W Model 10. He did it in a joking manner and not hard enough to latch the cylinder shut, but it still nearly gave me a heart attack.
>>
>>30577982
This fucking autistic shit locked the cylinder
>>
>>30577678
For something like that retards do all the time, say not to do it before you hand them the gun dipshit. Retards gonna retard, but if you at least warn them and they still do it you'll be perfectly justified to yell at them and never let them hold your funs again.

I swear we have this thread once a week.
>>
>>30578267
He's a respected gun owner. Has many revolvers. Many semiautomatic handguns as well. We have tons of range time in together. I thought better of him. For God's sake he just picked up a $1500 colt python and I fear for that things life.
>>
>>30578497
EVERYONE is a retard. Even if you know they know something like that, just mention it anyway. The worst that will happen is they'll say "yeah I know" and get on with it. You're doing them a favor letting them shoot/fingerfuck your funs.
>>
>>30577678
You won't damage the gun doing it once autism boy
>>
>>30577801
you'll bend the yoke just enough to misalign the cylinder to the barrel
>>
File: 1398831470324.jpg (16 KB, 404x501) Image search: [Google]
1398831470324.jpg
16 KB, 404x501
>get new RAP 9mil
>come home and dig into that lovely black plastic lunchbox
>stepdad comes in from yardwork
>"ooh, may I?"
>certainly
>rattle off controls to him while eating the instructions
>barrel swings towards me
>lean out of chair at a fortyfivedegreeangle without saying anything
>"oops, sorry, it's unloaded"
>it's fine, just a reflex, rule one though, I learned it the hard way fooling around with airsoft as a kid
>stepdad finishes fudding around with my baby and sets it back down gently
>mother walks in
>"oh, cool"
>the former army airborne captain, my progenitor, grabs the weapon off the table
>I purse my lips as she pog-handles my pistol
>end up pulling two fortyfives while she is in possession of the goods
>"what are you doing, son, I wasn't pointing it AT you, besides it's unloaded"
>it's just a reflex, besides, you know rule one
>end up changing out the backstraps for her just because I like the idea of the senpai having weapons that can share mags

Fucking gulf war reservists, if she wasn't me mum, I swear
>>
>>30580126
>>end up changing out the backstraps for her just because I like the idea of the senpai having weapons that can share mags

what does this even mean

And American pistols feel like ass when you shoot them
that flat ass beavertail digs in like mad
>>
>>30580126
>end up changing out the backstraps for her just because I like the idea of the senpai having weapons that can share mags
nigga what? changing backstraps doesnt change mag compatibility
>>
>>30580193
but it'd be cool, wouldn't it
>>
>out shooting with big group of bros
>everyone has been shooting before, trust them to not do anything unsafe (they never do)
>leave my rifles on the table since I'm practicing with my pistol, they know they can shoot them at will
>friend who has been shooting more than anyone else out there besides me picks up my mosin
>drops in single round rather than loading with a full clip, aims and fires
>think that's kind of weird but forget about it
>then he brings it over and says it won't extract
>never happened before
>can't figure out the problem, the bolt opens but the case is stuck
>forgot to bring a cleaning rod so I can't tap the case out
>figure "oh well I'll look at it when I get home"
>skip to later, cleaning guns alone
>tap the case out after disassembling mosin
>do a HUGE fucking double-take
>it's a fucking .308 case
>he grabbed a single .308 round, forgot that 54r is supposed to be rimmed, and dropped it in the mosin and fired
>all my relief when I looked it up and read that .308 is narrower than 54r and that the barrel and chamber would be fine
still, had he done that with any other gun, it could have blown up on him and killed him
>>
>>30580301
I guess you could say... your gun... dodged a bullet...
>>
File: 1405196772617.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1405196772617.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>30580193
>>30580165
Ruger American Pistol 9mm
it has modular backstraps
Mum has smaller hands
And she's afraid of .45acp since boot camp got her bopped in the head firing one
I've been trying to upsell the model so they also buy one
If multiple persons own the same model of firearm
Then mags are swappable
>>>>>>>
>tfw this is the point of interest instead of step-papa having more courtesy and consideration than one's actual parent
>>
File: smugfromthe90s.jpg (57 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
smugfromthe90s.jpg
57 KB, 640x480
>>30580301
>>forgot to bring a cleaning rod so I can't tap the case out
>he doesn't leave the built in cleaning rod
>>
>>30580301
it doesn't matter, the bullet is so close and Mosins are built strongly enough that it would have been fine regardless

I don't believe your story though
The two rounds don't index on the same points, so it wouldn't have properly chambered
>>
>>30580401
it broke ;_;

I've got about 3k rounds through it, and at about 2500 rounds the threaded end of the rod snapped inside the gun. which means the rod won't stay in the stock, and getting a new rod wouldn't help since the broken bit of the old one would block its threads
>>
>>30580382
>it has modular backstraps

which has nothing to do with magazines

>got her bopped in the head firing one

Can't possibly happen

You didn't segway into them getting guns, and your context made it out that changing backstraps changed magazines styles
>>
>>30580409
well shit I'm sorry you don't believe it but it's completely true. even though I took pictures unfortunately they wouldn't prove anything
>>
>>30580422
you could take pictures of the extremely deformed and strethced 308 casing because it would look very odd after being fired out of a mosin
>>
File: the mosin fuckup.jpg (2 MB, 2576x1932) Image search: [Google]
the mosin fuckup.jpg
2 MB, 2576x1932
>>30580429
here. just for you. I keep it in my desk drawer as a reminder. on the right is a normal spent 54r case.
>>
>>30577678
Why didn't you tell him not to before giving it to him

Idiot
>>
>>30580421
She claims it happened and refuses to touch 45s at all.

I didn't segue because it seemed obvious, given I was showing off the weapon and touting features, the only way you can swap mags between weapons is if there are multiples of them. Are you seriously telling me that it wasn't obvious by context?
>>
>>30580445
post neck
>>
>>30580458
>because it seemed obvious

to someone who had the context of the night in their head

>Are you seriously telling me that it wasn't obvious by context?

you never said you wanted them to get the gun as well, nor did you imply that
Telling people about the features is just /k/tards showing off

And use segway
It's more fun to booty bother people
>>
File: bulged .308 steel case.jpg (2 MB, 2576x1932) Image search: [Google]
bulged .308 steel case.jpg
2 MB, 2576x1932
>>30580460
this is the very best I can do. you can see the bulge in the rear of the case.

I wouldn't bother taking these pictures at 11pm on a worknight if it weren't true
>>
>>30580492
that bulge can happen in a standard chamber

I'm inclined to believe you, but I'm impressed that 308 is that close to x54r

I know it was always fudd lore that the Ruskies made the round so that they could fire our 308, but damn if they didn't hvae reason to believe it
>>
>>30580525
you're probably right about that, I don't really scrutinize spent .308 steel cases like I do the brass ones

still we can agree that considering what differences the rounds have, it's lucky this happened to the mosin and not some other rifle. mosin really doesn't care.
>>
>>30580412
how in the fuck do you "Brake" the Solid machined steel rod of a mosin cleaning rod?
>>
>>30580476
I prefer a proper colour to my visual diction, and apologies on assuming it was clear.
>>
>>30580611
one day it kept sliding out, so I looked at it and noticed that the tip near the threads has snapped off. it's not that uncommon.
>>
Jesus Christ you guys get super mad and end up letting your autism get the best of you because of a cylinder closing differently?

Okay so it's bad alright but for fuck sakes don't go full antman rage and have explosive diarrhea all over yourselfs calm the fuck down you autistic children.
>>
>>30577801
the crane is the most fragile part of the revolver

you'll deform it if you slam the cylinder into the frame repeatedly

not to mention the timing and alignment mechanics like >>30577838 said
>>
File: 1465128790006.jpg (22 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1465128790006.jpg
22 KB, 320x320
>>30580647
>>
>>30580476

So the guy fucked up writing what he wanted to say, cool your autism. Holy shit.
>>
>>30577678
Serious question, never handled revolvers, whats so bad about slamming the cyclinder shut?
>>
>>30577801
>>30580756
Too stupid to read, sorry.
>>
>>30580756

Now that you mention it, I don't quite know either. My guess is it damages the crane which fucks up proper cylinder/barrel alignment.
>>
>>30580739
Eh, it's not that bad, I do have a problem with how I write and talk; getting an eval is actually useful to getting better. Now that I think about it my pistol form is probably all kinds of fucked; I even teacup autoloaders, though I think it's mostly just to keep a hand right on top kf the mag than for control because I always onehand revolvers
>>
>>30580525
>The Russians designed a round in 1891 so that their guns would also be able to chamber a round that wouldn't be designed until 1952

How much Hoppes have you been sniffing?
>>
>>30580458
>way you can swap mags between weapons is if there are multiples of them
thats called "using a magazine" not "swapping" magazines you fucking moron
>>
>>30580620
>colour
N O

G U N S

story is fake, which explains why it was written like shit
>>
>>30581105
Rasputin warned them
>>
File: image.png (50 KB, 282x424) Image search: [Google]
image.png
50 KB, 282x424
>>30577678

Hahah really I do this shit all day with my RUGER sp101 2.25 inch and never had a problem.

I guess if it's bad I'll stop but w/e
>>
>>30577838
Why would anyone trust their life with such a fragile machine?
>>
>>30581183
It's not something you could fuck up by doing once, twice, or a hundred times. People who fuck up their revolvers do it because that's how they /always/ close it.
>>
>>30580647
When it can critically damage the revolver, I think the anger is somewhat justified.

You wouldn't just shrug if someone rammed a shopping cart into your car, would you?
>>
>>30580339
shut the fuck up Carlos
>>
>>30580763
yet you still read them AND replied.

Boy you look fucking dumb
>>
File: 1468225871385653576592.jpg (594 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1468225871385653576592.jpg
594 KB, 1920x1080
>>30581134
>>
>>30577721
Fucking kek
>>
>>30580611

What grade of steel? Is the rod's slot tight enough that flexing in the stock would transfer to the rod? I could see how cyclic loading and a surface defect in the steel (like Sergei had pinhole detectors to check), while rare, could cause it.

Best case, Anon would give us a microscope shot of the break surface so we could see how it failed. That would really tickle my pickle.
>>
File: young hickock.jpg (104 KB, 960x541) Image search: [Google]
young hickock.jpg
104 KB, 960x541
I've owned several revolvers (S&W and Ruger) and i've slam-shut the cylinders countless times over the past 20 years, both loaded and unloaded and they have all been 100% fine.

You guys are just little faggots.
>>
>>30584794
Keep the hood safe H.

Thanks for all the tips.
>>
>>30577678
>>holding in my rage as my face turns red with rage, fists clenched.

omg fucking kys beta nu male
Should had take the gun, decked him them told him how much of a cunt he is and why.
holy shit how old are you? is your "friedn" that much stronger?
>>
>>30580301
I have a similar story:

>be gunsmith
>customer comes in with fuckspensive Blaser R8 with Zeiss scope
>"I shot at a deer and missed and after that I couldn't get it open."
>take rifle and try, yup shit's stuck
>pull the handle back and forth till that fucker pops open
>check the barrel (.30-06) and chamber, both okay
>customer was super happy and quickly grabbed his rifle
>gave me a twenny
>find casing later that day under my work bench
>casing was fucked, primer blown out, looked weird
>bottom is covered with soot
>clean it off and lo and behold: 8x57IS

That's the day I learned that 8x57 IS will easily fit in a .30-06 chamber and fire.
>>
>>30586293
Blaser rifles are extremely overpriced for what you're getting. I had a full custom built for the price of a Blaser. Never really liked them.
>>
File: heads up.gif (990 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
heads up.gif
990 KB, 500x374
>buy mint Colt Official Police
>show HASGUNS friend, has been told to not swing a revolver cylinder shut, owns a Mak
>swings it shut anyway
>mfw
>play it off and say "I know that was fun, but.... Never again."

>brother sights in his A2 style AR15
>same friend comes over
>brother leaves his AR alone with friend for a moment
>comes back to friend twisting and turning rear sight knobs
>didn't mark them before
>friend knows what he's done, laughing
>>
>>30586512
I know. I'm an eurofag and I see them every day. They have some nice features, but fuck I wouldn't pay that much.
>>
>>30586586
>http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=185_1415650206
Is this your friend
>>
>>30577838

>mfw have done this to my new 686 twice
>>
>>30577766
had too look up the video before i do something stupid
>>
>>30581187
So it's okay occasionally, just don't be doing it all the time?
>>
File: what255.jpg (34 KB, 829x763) Image search: [Google]
what255.jpg
34 KB, 829x763
>>30581411
perfect comeback
>>
>>30581105
I said it was fudd lore
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.