[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Westchester New York legal guns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
I am a pissant in Westchester County New York, and lately I've been thinking it might be a good idea to get a gun. but I find out I have some of the most insane gun laws in the country where I live. So no AR-15, no SCAR, no fun at all.

So the question I have for /k/ is what is the best I can do, short of driving an hour to a Pennsylvania gun show and paying cash for a real gun?
>>
>>30565431
What type of gun are you looking for and what is your budget?
>>
>>30565460
lets say I could afford a couple thousand, but am hoping for somewhere around $500.

I'm looking for a gun that would be equally effective at hunting and self defense (of my house). Ease of maintenance/reliability is also a high priority.
>>
Remington 870 or Mossberg 590 12GA shotguns. Both are NY legal. Both can take down any game in North America, whether it be four legged or two legged.
>>
>>30565604
12 gauge shotgun such as a Remington 870 or Mossberg 500 is pretty much what you want. They make models that allow for easily switching barrels so you can switch between a long barrel while hunting and a short barrel when in your home. Doubly useful because I believe Westchester is a shotgun county, so you wouldn't be able to hunt deer with a rifle anyway.
>>
>>30565431
pump actions

bolt actions

and lever actions

in my opinion anything more is too much work, im from long island and have seen what a nightmare licensing is.

if you need a SHTF gun i would grab a bolt action with a 2.5-10 power and get real good with it.
>>
File: SCR.jpg (17 KB, 760x220) Image search: [Google]
SCR.jpg
17 KB, 760x220
I was just researching this myself today. Behold, the Ares SCR. Can use any AR-15 upper, standard mags, and has a friendly traditional rifle stock.
>>
>>30565431
be happy you don't have to drive 4 hours to pennsylvania to get a gun
>>
Yorktown heights reporting.

What town are you in op?

I went to a local Walmart 2 yrs ago and bought a Marlin 60 .22

Got lucky once at a Walmart trip once and found 4 boxes federal 550 Rd .22, haven't seen it since

I haven't sought out more serious firepower

Most of the reason Westchester gun laws are so cucked is because of all the jews that live here, they commute to work in NYC
>>
>>30566343

Dicks sporting good opening at the new mall rennovation. Will probably be shit.
>>
>>30566343

>jews in westchester

Holy shit West Nyack is Hasidic as fuck. They are everywhere there.
>>
>>30565431
you can get ny compliant ars
skses
veprs

i'd get a chinese sks from sog for $330
>>
>>30566150
This is the sort of thing I was looking for.
But the shotgun suggestions are making me think that might not be a bad idea either.

>>30566343
Somers.
I don't think anyone would be surprised to find out there are Jews in NYC and the surrounding counties.

>>30567676
The JV mall? I head that was getting some expansion or something.
>>
>>30567685
Man, it's everywhere. Not much better in Monroe.
>>
>>30568213

It is. Dicks slated to open and start selling October 15th but may be delayed a bit.
>>
>>30565431
As someone who was from Westchester NY, I am glad i migrated to a state that is not retarded. Some of the ranges in lower NY will only let you load (1) round at a time when on the firing line. Such dumb state. If they chopped off NYC the state would be red
>>
>>30565431
So what's the consensus on legal semi automatic rifles in Westchester NY?

That ares scar or the ny compliant ar15?
>>
>>30573474
Ares scr
>>
>>30573474
>SKS
>Innawoods
>Avoid Dallas

>Garand
>InnaMurika
>Ping

>SAFN
>Innahome
>Masterrace
>>
get an M1 Garand have the seller chop the bayonet lug off. or you can get FN49 or you can grow balls and move to Virginia.
>>
File: mr3tcdQwrS1qz4rgp.gif (210 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
mr3tcdQwrS1qz4rgp.gif
210 KB, 500x500
>>30574536
>Chop the bayonet lug off
How about I chop your dick off?
I'm pretty sure those aren't illegal for old surplus rifles. Only the "scary salt wepunz" with detachable mags.
>>
>>30574464
What does all that mean?
>>
>>30565604
Pump shotguns are not illegal in NYS and are comfortably within your price range.
>>
>>30565431
You can get a NY SAFE compliant AR-15, the gun shop down in Mt. Vernon sells them for like 900 or something (I didn't check the price tag because I was focused on getting pistols, the people there are very nice yet eccentric. They also have an indoor range adjacent to the shop)
>>
>>30574615

You will find, even with things like the Cook County AWB, there is no grandfatherring, but simply a "definition"

I cant speak for the OP, but in CC, even if it came with a "compensator" originally, and even if it is covered under other laws, it remains illegal. Case in point. The sks, technically legal under the CAWB, is legal, the slash cut "compensator" makes it illegal.

You end up looking for obscure model designations to fulfill the law. Im still trying to find a way to grandfather an FN FAL
>>
>>30574710
NY compliant AR or Ares SCR which is better?
>>
>>30574783
Thats down to personal preference, I personally have never seen an ares SCR and don't know a physical place to aquire one. I only know that the gun shop in Mt. Vernon has NY-SAFE ARs because I saw them when I was there.
>>
>>30574806
Do you need a license to buy it?
>>
>>30574836
No, only if you live in NYC which for all intents and purposes is a different state
>>
>>30574536
You don't need to. NY's AWB only applies to rifles with detachable magazines which the Garand doesn't have.

Also I remember hearing that it's covered under relic and curio laws under the SAFEAct.
>>
>>30568213
Somers here, too. Sup OP. Looking to get a CCW? I might be, soon.
>>
Monroe County (rochester) here, i picked up a mini 14 at a gun show for 650 out the door. Buying a non converted saiga in .308 today (albeit a bit out of your price range). Sks is also a decent option.
>>
>>30575203
If they just give you a premises or target permit, there's apparently a pro-gun judge who'll give you a full carry permit if you write him a letter with a reasonable reason for doing so.
>>
What ranges do you guys in the Westchester area go to?

I've been to Wooster mtn in CT but the range officers are dicks there
>>
>>30566343

Damn, I grew up in Yorktown. Why are you still in that shithole?

>>30575652
>I've been to Wooster mtn in CT but the range officers are dicks there

They're not at all. If they yelled at you it's because you were fucking up.
>>
>>30575713
Where's the best local shooting range that you can rent a rifle or pistol?
>>
>>30575409
Monroe County? Where at? I'm an RIT student
>>
>>30576279
I'm in pleasantville. Need a range where I can rent something.
>>
>>30567685
Nah, mostly in New Square, Monsey, and Wesley Hills. Though they are spreading.
>>
Wny fag here, seems like garand is the best option barring 30-06 price
>>
Say supposedly the SAFE act is overturned would any parts of the NY compliant AR be salvageable in a normal AR build?
>>
>>30577260
To convert it to a regular AR.
>>
>>30576240

Don't know of any desu. You're lucky there are any usable ranges at all in that area. If you want anything more best bet is to leave.
>>
>>30577283
I was looking at one in Bridgeport ct, rifle 35$, pistol 25$, both 1hr 15$ rental. How much ammo am I going to need I don't want to go in looking like a retard.
>>
>>30566343
I used to work in yorktown heights.

Is Sergio the blind guy still working at Maria's pizza?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.